AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-08-01, 22:46   Link #33461
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Surprise us with a string of non-tragic stuff and just when we think you've changed your ways, hit us with something truely heart wrenching.

Mix things up to prevent the desensitization from kicking in.
Old 2011-08-01, 22:49   Link #33462
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
New short up and running on "Shadowfire": Mama Bear.
Old 2011-08-01, 22:55   Link #33463
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Surprise us with a string of non-tragic stuff and just when we think you've changed your ways, hit us with something truely heart wrenching.

I thought that was her plan with Prerogative?
Old 2011-08-01, 23:00   Link #33464
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Probably because you always manage to surprise us with what the terrible tragedy is.
Do you mean "What" as in, who the story is about and what happens to them? =O Or did you mean something else? *curious*

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post

Chapter 5 is slooooooooowly inching along ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
New short up and running on "Shadowfire": Mama Bear.
It's kind of odd, but....on a re-reading, while Megane gets cooler and cooler I'm actually a little shocked at Chrono's behaviour this time around .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 23:03   Link #33465
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post

I mean outside of a single fic Even if Perogative is mostly positive everyone still expects a Bad End. A string of one shots that have happy endings would work better.

Oh, and what's the status on A Familiar Life?
Old 2011-08-01, 23:05   Link #33466
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
It's kind of odd, but....on a re-reading, while Megane gets cooler and cooler I'm actually a little shocked at Chrono's behaviour this time around .
*totally missed something* Chrono's behavior?
Old 2011-08-01, 23:09   Link #33467
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Do you mean "What" as in, who the story is about and what happens to them? =O Or did you mean something else? *curious*
Both, actually. I've found myself surprised by what happens to a character, but just as often I've been even more surprised by which character your have it happening to. To me, the real tragedy to a lot of your stories is that I never would have expected a specific character to go through that situation.
Old 2011-08-01, 23:09   Link #33468
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
That's okay, I can get it out of my system with non-canon shorts . Besides, you guys are all looking at it wrong--I've got to help build it up to be something fun, cute, and sweet ...so that all our readers will be so emotionally invested in the relationship that when Shigan allows TragedyWriter!deathcurse out to play, things will be even more tragic than if it had all started out angsty!
To be honest, I think that's what we always wanted. Viyate is as crack as crack can be, but given some work and thoughts, I wanted to help making it into something believable and potentially sweet. We're not really looking to make this the new NanoFate xD.

As for TragedyWriter!Deathcurse, yeah, she'll come out at one point. I can only hope we are all ready for the insanity she has planned while I desperately work on more fluff to keep the universe in balance .
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 23:11   Link #33469
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
As for TragedyWriter!Deathcurse, yeah, she'll come out at one point. I can only hope we are all ready for the insanity she has planned while I desperately work on more fluff to keep the universe in balance .
So does this mean we might see more of that Bad End expanded on? Because I really want to see more of that Bad End expanded on. Just saying.

Old 2011-08-01, 23:13   Link #33470
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
I mean outside of a single fic Even if Perogative is mostly positive everyone still expects a Bad End. A string of one shots that have happy endings would work better.

Just curious, who actually expects a Bad End from "Prerogative of the Brave"??? Considering that everyone's read "The Things We Tame" by Shigan already?

Quote:
Oh, and what's the status on A Familiar Life?
Er....that boat has been hauled back onto the shore and is dry-docked for repairs/reconstruction .

Quote:
*totally missed something* Chrono's behavior?
The implication that Chrono had deliberately set up two Shadow agents (the ones who recruited Lutecia) on a mission that would break them . While at a first glance I'm nodding in satisfaction for the justice done to Lutecia, a second later I'm realizing "wait...that's incredibly immoral and unethical"......

(And technically, if his secretary can't keep people out of his office in an orderly fashion, then doesn't that mean that he should probably fire her and get a door guard secretary who can? )

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Both, actually. I've found myself surprised by what happens to a character, but just as often I've been even more surprised by which character your have it happening to. To me, the real tragedy to a lot of your stories is that I never would have expected a specific character to go through that situation.
Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
To be honest, I think that's what we always wanted. Viyate is as crack as crack can be, but given some work and thoughts, I wanted to help making it into something believable and potentially sweet. We're not really looking to make this the new NanoFate xD.

Agreed . Crack, yet believable within the stories themselves (which Shigan does a much better job of than I do ).

I've got fluff pieces lined up too! They're just not as exciting as the other ones .

Quote:
So does this mean we might see more of that Bad End expanded on? Because I really want to see more of that Bad End expanded on. Just saying.

As I said previously, what are you offering for an expanded story?

Old 2011-08-01, 23:15   Link #33471
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
The implication that Chrono had deliberately set up two Shadow agents (the ones who recruited Lutecia) on a mission that would break them . While at a first glance I'm nodding in satisfaction for the justice done to Lutecia, a second later I'm realizing "wait...that's incredibly immoral and unethical"......

(And technically, if his secretary can't keep people out of his office in an orderly fashion, then doesn't that mean that he should probably fire her and get a door guard secretary who can? )
Hehe, honestly, that was all born from a discussion I had with Dezo, in which he expressed the desire for those two particular agents to mysteriously disappear from their aircraft or something of the like. But in all honesty, it was just an implication, in the way that Chrono did think they could handle whatever he sent them out on. Mostly I think he's just going with the flow so Megane doesn't break his jaw with her second hit.
Old 2011-08-01, 23:38   Link #33472
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:

Just curious, who actually expects a Bad End from "Prerogative of the Brave"??? Considering that everyone's read "The Things We Tame" by Shigan already?
I thought everyone was talking about your Vivio/Hayate story... Clearly I missed something
Old 2011-08-01, 23:42   Link #33473
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
I thought everyone was talking about your Vivio/Hayate story... Clearly I missed something
The Things We Tame is basically an official sequel to Perogative and thus shows that Hayate and Vivio aren't getting a canonical bad end any time soon.
Old 2011-08-01, 23:44   Link #33474
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Never got how people could write sequels to things that haven't finished. But I guess in this case Shigan has already been spoiled on how dc's fic is going to turn out. Still, probably shouldn't post a sequel until the original is done
Old 2011-08-01, 23:49   Link #33475
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The Things We Tame is basically an official sequel to Perogative and thus shows that Hayate and Vivio aren't getting a canonical bad end any time soon.
Quote:
Never got how people could write sequels to things that haven't finished. But I guess in this case Shigan has already been spoiled on how dc's fic is going to turn out. Still, probably shouldn't post a sequel until the original is done
Shigan, Eagle and myself are all writing in the same timeline, so in a way we're all writing bits of the huge, over-arching story that is Hayate and Vivio's lives. We're not all writing chronologically anyway (which is why despite "You Never Lose By Loving" being the recommended story to start with, it's not the first in the chronology).

Shigan posted "The Things We Tame" with my permission, and we both shared where our respective stories were going with each other very early on . I guess I never really considered it that odd that the future story was told before the earlier ones were written because all our stories are kind of "slice of life"-style, in that assuming neither of the main characters die young , we can kind of safely assume that they'll live for a while....
Old 2011-08-01, 23:57   Link #33476
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:

Yeah, it's not "Prerogative" that I expect the Bad End from; any worries I have are about the damage you inflict on Our Heroines along the way. I mean, in "The Things We Tame," Vivio's gone from being sweet and cute to being a hardened, rough-edged, coarse-speaking Bad Ass; all she needs is the cigarette and the eye patch. I'm seeing a younger version of Balalaika here. And that no doubt took a certain quantity of cutie-breaking to get to.

Quote:
Er....that boat has been hauled back onto the shore and is dry-docked for repairs/reconstruction .
*snicker* at boat metaphor

Quote:
More on that below.

Quote:
It is one of the Rules of the Shadowverse that no one can be kept out of Chrono's office. Not Megane, not Hayes, and especially not Hayate.

...You know, you ought to have Auris wrestle with this problem in Crime Never Sleeps at some point.

Quote:
Hehe, honestly, that was all born from a discussion I had with Dezo, in which he expressed the desire for those two particular agents to mysteriously disappear from their aircraft or something of the like. But in all honesty, it was just an implication, in the way that Chrono did think they could handle whatever he sent them out on. Mostly I think he's just going with the flow so Megane doesn't break his jaw with her second hit.
Actually, I pretty much meant it the way deathcurse meant it when I talked to you about it. Chrono sent out an order to have Lutecia recruited into the NSIS because he thought she'd make a good prospective candidate for a variety of reasons (probably ones not all that different from what he thought about Cinque, really). He later found out that the recruiters had decided to harp on her criminal status, run down her self-esteem, and blackmail her with her mother's mental health, which is all pretty grossly unethical (she's a friendly being invited to sign up, not an op target being brought into the service's power). Shadows tend to be somewhat...direct...in the handling of their discipline problems. Particularly ones that stamp the Director's name at the end of their recreational Break the Cutie activities.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 00:05   Link #33477
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Yeah, it's not "Prerogative" that I expect the Bad End from; any worries I have are about the damage you inflict on Our Heroines along the way. I mean, in "The Things We Tame," Vivio's gone from being sweet and cute to being a hardened, rough-edged, coarse-speaking Bad Ass; all she needs is the cigarette and the eye patch. I'm seeing a younger version of Balalaika here. And that no doubt took a certain quantity of cutie-breaking to get to.
I'm not as involved in that particular change in Vivio --would you believe that Shigan's the one who's plotting that part out?

Quote:
*snicker* at boat metaphor
Hee hee, I knew you would . It does aptly describe the state of "A Familiar Life..." at the moment though.

Quote:
It is one of the Rules of the Shadowverse that no one can be kept out of Chrono's office. Not Megane, not Hayes, and especially not Hayate.

...You know, you ought to have Auris wrestle with this problem in Crime Never Sleeps at some point.
*Snort* Are you kidding? Auris has super-security on her office, because unlike Chrono (or at least, more obviously than Chrono) she's paranoid of her own agents . But I'll see if I can work a shout-out in....

Quote:
Actually, I pretty much meant it the way deathcurse meant it when I talked to you about it. Chrono sent out an order to have Lutecia recruited into the NSIS because he thought she'd make a good prospective candidate for a variety of reasons (probably ones not all that different from what he thought about Cinque, really). He later found out that the recruiters had decided to harp on her criminal status, run down her self-esteem, and blackmail her with her mother's mental health, which is all pretty grossly unethical (she's a friendly being invited to sign up, not an op target being brought into the service's power). Shadows tend to be somewhat...direct...in the handling of their discipline problems. Particularly ones that stamp the Director's name at the end of their recreational Break the Cutie activities.
Yeah, I can understand Chrono's anger against those two recruiters; but nonetheless, "innocently sending those two off to a butt-end world on a long tour of duty to bore them to death" is very different than "send them on a mission with some inkling that it may traumatize them" , the latter of which is the implication that I got @_@. Unless, of course, Chrono was just lying through his teeth to Megane?
Old 2011-08-02, 00:19   Link #33478
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
I'm not as involved in that particular change in Vivio --would you believe that Shigan's the one who's plotting that part out?
Well, Shigan wrote her that way, so I'd believe she would be interested in showing how she got there

Quote:
*Snort* Are you kidding? Auris has super-security on her office, because unlike Chrono (or at least, more obviously than Chrono) she's paranoid of her own agents . But I'll see if I can work a shout-out in....
There is no security on the NSIS Director's office; it is a black hole that naturally deactivates all security measures even when they are apparently fully active!

Quote:
Yeah, I can understand Chrono's anger against those two recruiters; but nonetheless, "innocently sending those two off to a butt-end world on a long tour of duty to bore them to death" is very different than "send them on a mission with some inkling that it may traumatize them" , the latter of which is the implication that I got @_@. Unless, of course, Chrono was just lying through his teeth to Megane?
Think of it as poetic justice. "You feel it's necessary for (potential) Shadow agents to be mentally traumatized in the name of the good of the service; so you can be sent on this mission where your working theory can be put to the test. Have fun!"

Though it's entirely possible that Chrono was telling the plain truth to Megane without any implications. After all, RB wrote the story. If it were me, I'd just have had them killed.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 00:20   Link #33479
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Chrono: If all these Lost Logia incidents were any clue... shit happens.
Old 2011-08-02, 00:26   Link #33480
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
I wrote and posted it with dc's permission yeah, she could have stopped me at any time but since she kept giving me rave reviews, I happily typed on. The Things We Tame got finished faster mostly because it was written as a one-shot, meaning I wrote most of it in one insane schizophrenic KABOOM of writing fever while dc works with a nice outline with clearly divided chapters. I posted it as a multipart to make time for myself to edit the later segments, really ^^;.

Also, I never saw the continuity as a problem. Prerogative and Tame may happen in the same chronology but they are written around very different concepts of significance in the evolution of a relationship. I think I only make one single clear reference to Prerogative in the whole story really, that being in the last segment when Vivio and Hayate hug and Vi is reminded of her fifteen years old self stepping forth with a rose in hand to confess her feelings. In Tame, Vi steps forth to accept the complications that comes with dating Hayate. Perhaps I should have made this clearer . So I don't think we ever felt like we were infringing on each other's turfs with our stories, they are more like major milestones to build the universe upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezopenguin
I mean, in "The Things We Tame," Vivio's gone from being sweet and cute to being a hardened, rough-edged, coarse-speaking Bad Ass; all she needs is the cigarette and the eye patch. I'm seeing a younger version of Balalaika here. And that no doubt took a certain quantity of cutie-breaking to get to.
Also: LOLOLOL!!! Did she really come across as -that- badass? xD That was not my intention, really! Vi is really the nicest and most refined one of her team. I swear!

Last edited by Shigan; 2011-08-02 at 00:49.
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha