3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-19, 05:28   Link #121
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

i find it odd that hanyuu is actually a small girl rather than an adult. =/. she should be an adult considering her past. kinda odd for her to pushback
Old 2007-11-19, 09:44   Link #122
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I don't think her form actually means that much.
Old 2007-11-19, 09:52   Link #123
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Maybe Hanyuu was that age when she was turned into 'a god' and thus will always appear like that. That or she looks that age in order to fit in with Rika more and can adjust that as she feels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
That would have been a valid argument had we actually seen Hanyuu using her supernatural powers to make all these "coincidences" happen. As far as I understand it, it was not some godly power that made Irie spill the beans about the emergency plan, Hanyuu didn't make Akasaka magically remember Irie's clinic at the right time when he would be needed or enchanted the villagers not to be bothered by her horns. If she did all that and we were just not shown it (or I somehow missed it) then I would be more than glad to admit I was wrong.
Well with Ire I'd say its more of a combination. Rika actually inquiring about this kind of thing may be playing the key role. Since she has shown real maturity to Ire if she asks about things like this he may be more willing to talk about it. Though if Hanyuu hadn't remembered Takano being responsible then she probably would never ask it. So maybe not using powers per say other than remembering from a previous world.

I'd say Akasaka remmbering was a little more supernatural. Agree checking out Piece 51 (with the accompanying BGM ) will show just why he would remember this time and would show up. While Hanyuu didn't pop up over at his place and explain the situation it wasn't just some stroke of really random luck that he'd come this time.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2007-11-19 at 10:09.
Old 2007-11-19, 10:10   Link #124
MezzoDragon

She may just wanted to optimize her moeness; trying to overthrow Rika as the Queen of Moe.
Old 2007-11-19, 11:10   Link #125
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
The one thing I wondered about ep 19 was.....
Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-19, 12:38   Link #126
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Spoiler:
Rena's facial expression makes me laugh so hard! xD
Old 2007-11-19, 12:40   Link #127
ImpulseRAven
I <3 Kotomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Spoiler:
idk but whoever did it has good taste
Old 2007-11-19, 12:58   Link #128
MarthX

Probably Keiichi since he's the one standing beside her.
Old 2007-11-19, 13:20   Link #129
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Keichi knows japanese bondage?
Old 2007-11-19, 13:44   Link #130
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Not well enough, apparently.
Old 2007-11-19, 13:48   Link #131
MezzoDragon

Rena gains superhuman strength when trying to take home a loli.
Old 2007-11-19, 14:11   Link #132
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Her moe power is over 9000. Tentacle monsters fear her
Old 2007-11-19, 16:23   Link #133
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
i find it odd that hanyuu is actually a small girl rather than an adult. =/. she should be an adult considering her past. kinda odd for her to pushback
I assume that Hanyuu is a small girl to match Rika. They aren't entirely separate, after all.
Old 2007-11-19, 16:34   Link #134
MezzoDragon

Hanyuu is taller than Rika. Buster too.
Old 2007-11-19, 16:36   Link #135
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
That would have been a valid argument had we actually seen Hanyuu using her supernatural powers to make all these "coincidences" happen. As far as I understand it, it was not some godly power that made Irie spill the beans about the emergency plan, Hanyuu didn't make Akasaka magically remember Irie's clinic at the right time when he would be needed or enchanted the villagers not to be bothered by her horns. If she did all that and we were just not shown it (or I somehow missed it) then I would be more than glad to admit I was wrong.
In fact explaining that Rika and Hanyuu are making these things happen was the point of Hanyuu's confrontation with Takano at the end of Takano's story. You can make things happen if you have enough force of unserving will to make things happen. Rika and Hanyuu now have that combined will to beat Takano and know where to point it. Irie tells Rika what will happen because his will is weak and her will is strong. Keiichi can turn that poor baseball player inside out with idiotic arguments because Keiichi's will is strong. And so on.
Old 2007-11-19, 19:45   Link #136
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Maybe Hanyuu was that age when she was turned into 'a god' and thus will always appear like that. That or she looks that age in order to fit in with Rika more and can adjust that as she feels.
It's probably the latter.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-19, 20:20   Link #137
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
You can make things happen if you have enough force of unserving will to make things happen.
No you can't, unless you actually do something to achieve these things. It's not as if Rika interrogated Irie for hours before he spilled the beans.

Quote:
Keiichi can turn that poor baseball player inside out with idiotic arguments because Keiichi's will is strong.
I am not thrilled by this aspect of the story, either, so...And he achieves that not only because of his strong will anyway (he is supposed to be pretty much a genius) so I really don't see the relevance of this example.

Quote:
In that case you may want to give piece 51 a read. You might also want to follow Kashiklari's directions for maximizing the emotional impact
Well, that's all fine but it doesn't make the anime any less flawed, until up to now at least, does it?

Old 2007-11-19, 21:26   Link #138
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Having no experience to this mythos prior to the animes, I must confess I absolutely love the device of Rika using a "manga" as a way to test drive ideas for her salvation. Is that true to the game?
Old 2007-11-19, 21:38   Link #139
barefoot

no. . . hanyuu!!! where is my shrine maiden costume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-11-20, 01:57   Link #140
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
Irie tells Rika what will happen because his will is weak and her will is strong. Keiichi can turn that poor baseball player inside out with idiotic arguments because Keiichi's will is strong. And so on.
huh??? no irie tells rika because she asked =/. its not about will or anything. rika just wanted to know and irie feels responsible to tell her since she is an important test subject.

and keiichi can turn that dude inside out cause that dude actually believes whatever he says.
Closed Thread