AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (third season) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 31 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 14.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 20.16%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 20.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 11.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.81%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.81%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-07, 05:52   Link #81
Vaelis
Black Panther

Back to the topic, I will give a 7 to this episode because I don't like how Saito acts and because the episode was too rushed.
Old 2008-07-07, 06:07   Link #82
Deathscyther

Well, the anime has differed from the manga a lot before this season, so it's only natural that they find different solutions for some things in this season as well (Saito battling quite well, without training from Agnes). I didn't mind this too much to be honest.

We just have to accept that the anime and manga are the same, but different at the same time. The story is slightly different at some points, and you can decide if you like it or not. From now on I will be watching this show as the anime Zero no Tsukaima, and not as the animated novels of Zero no Tsukaima. I will enjoy it way more this way, because honestly...the show isn't bad at all. It's enjoyable and it makes me laugh often enough.

Anyways, I rewatched the episode and I have to say that it was really good, when you focus on just the anime. The animation was pretty good during the episode, the voice actors handled their roles very well, quite a lot happened in this episode, and the romantic moments were nice. It was pretty fast-paced, but they shouldn't slow it down too much.

Again, I stand by my 9/10
Old 2008-07-07, 06:17   Link #83
Vaelis
Black Panther

Btw I didn't know that Sheffield was stupid.
She attacks Louise knowing that Saito and Agnès would come to help her and when they arrive she retreats.

A completely useless and stupid attack.
Old 2008-07-07, 06:59   Link #84
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Actually, I'm going to forgo novel knowledge for this season and have plain fun watching it.

I mean, so far, Zero no Tsukaima 3 is at it's best when you focus on the hilarious relationship between Louise and Saito, Saito's Raep tendencies and the fanservice.

So, forgoing novel knowledge, 8/10.

And I already dislike Sheffield.
Old 2008-07-07, 07:28   Link #85
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Nothing really interesting for me, but episode isn't so bad, i think. 7/10
Old 2008-07-07, 08:37   Link #86
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Totally loving the first episode. Everything just clicked for me, right down to the classic ZnT scene at the end. Nice twist that Saito's lost his hax powers because of the fact that he actually died.

I've heard Jurota Kosugi in so many roles over the years, though i couldn't help but imagine Akio from Utena when Joseph spoke. That was so his Akio voice.

So good to hear the musical score again. I just <3 Shinkichi Mitsumune.
Old 2008-07-07, 11:06   Link #87
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Just finished watching it. It's nothing sensational but fun to watch. Looking forward to more.
Old 2008-07-07, 11:35   Link #88
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

watched the speeds subs just now and its pretty creepy how i understood most of the stuff when it was raw yesterday lol....Pretty cool how saito could have become a noble but couldn't lol...i think even if he had his powers he wouldnt anyway lol....
Old 2008-07-07, 11:46   Link #89
Vaelis
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
Pretty cool how saito could have become a noble but couldn't lol...i think even if he had his powers he wouldnt anyway lol....
Spoiler:

[edit]I'm adding spoiler tag since we aren't supposed to know what it means
Old 2008-07-07, 12:07   Link #90
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

^^^damn i forgot all about that lol i even made a post about that
BTW like the Slash avatar...damn shame how that show ended lol
Old 2008-07-07, 13:36   Link #91
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
It's not really a good idea to start guessing at the course of a series and it's overall quality by the first episode. It tends to influence ones view all the way down the line and makes it impossible to ever enjoy. Just something I've found about first episodes. They tend to be very poor examples to go by. I prefer to use the quarter point because by then your expectations should already have been set at the intended level the creators have in mind.
Old 2008-07-07, 13:45   Link #92
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
True but in ZnT case the season is very short... so the evaluation comes sooner and again I havent seen anyone making a general conclusions about this season yet, just about the first episode and where it seem to lead, but no one said taht it will be so. We still have to watch and hope for the best...

By the way, Kaioshin Sama, I like your Rance sig. And from an old one too!
Old 2008-07-07, 15:00   Link #93
Irkalla
I asked for this

Just watched the first ep..what should I say..it starts with Saito trying to get lovely with Louise..I can already see all the smut that is coming up in the next episodes XDDD
But hell, since I watched the first 2 seasons, I'll watch this one too XD
Old 2008-07-07, 15:08   Link #94
vas_a_morir

I think when she told him that he had run behind her carriage, text should have appeared and informed us that "Louise never saw Saito again", and the rest of the series becomes a harem comedy about Saito. Just like how I always hoped Lum would go overboard and kill Ataru in Urusei Yatsura by shocking him, thus revealing what a heinous bitch she is.
Old 2008-07-07, 15:09   Link #95
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

i think this OP is the best so far. ending.. blah blah =_=.. i'm so excited for next episode. good ol' ZnT's elements once again
Old 2008-07-07, 16:42   Link #96
seiji_kun

I think it's quite harsh to label him as a rapist seeing that the girl is madly in love with him. Even if you don't want to call theire marriage legit cause theire was no official clerk they still vowed to each other so I don't see much wrong with a 17 y old boy trying to cash in for all he has done for her so far. If she's never gonna get over her pride then they'll never be development so keep it up Saito (btw i'm not saying she has to spread her legs)

I loved the opening and seeing how bold Saito was again. Ofc he had to make me lmao with trying to get to second base (again? didn't he succeed in the boat in season 2?) with the prude Louise. Just like I didn't feel anything wrong with him killing those monsters. Even if he only got one day training you can't blaim the show for it cause they can't waist like multiple episodes on him training like in bleach or DB or Naruto. Theire episodes are limited enough as they are. Don't know if it's rushed cause the parts they translated of the novel ain't that far (yet i hope). Even if it's rushed I didn't mind it cause I'm hoping he'll get his runes back asap seeing that I want to see him own with his runes in the series. I'm hoping to see Saito kick ass this season!

Loved the SaitoxLouise moments, guess with them meeting the fairy they're not gonna last long with Saitos fondness of big breasts. And to bad he rejected the offer of Chevalier, hope he'll accept the title later on when he gets his rune. It would make it easier for Louise family to accept him.
Old 2008-07-07, 16:46   Link #97
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I'm utterly confused with episode 1. The root of this confusion is Saito, the hero himself. I mean, why would he start from the top. Hasn't it already been established in season 2? I've pictorial proof:

Spoiler for pictorial proof:

So confused! Come on Saito, when are you going to start using your brain. Oh wait... you don't have one. Teh-heh.

Good first episode! Glad to see the feisty loli is putting people and dogs in their respective places. Eagerly waiting for the pointed eared and well endowed elf to appear if the OP/preview for episode 2 were the indicator. More screen time for Siesta will also up the enjoyment.

Last edited by monir; 2008-07-07 at 17:13.
Old 2008-07-07, 16:56   Link #98
DGoscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
And to bad he rejected the offer of Chevalier, hope he'll accept the title later on when he gets his rune. It would make it easier for Louise family to accept him.
Agreed, also I think one of the things that's keeping Louise from admitting to Saito is the fact that he ISN'T a noble.
Old 2008-07-07, 17:00   Link #99
Midonin
Last Engage

Watched it this morning. Not a bad start - and I always like reuniting with characters again. Props to Saito (and Derflinger, of course) for some good non-magic sword skills, and Louise is as Tsun and Dere as ever.
Old 2008-07-07, 17:00   Link #100
Forever
Revealing the truth

Though I definitely glad to see Znt return, it does feel slightly rushed and all over the place.

Still I like that Tabitha hint in the OP, being a very rare saito x tabitha shipper.