AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-27, 10:36   Link #41
sangofe

I'm gonna ask to get this seeded too... sucks having a bt stuck at 99.2%.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 11:49   Link #42
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

this show makes me hungry for some authentic chinese food
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 15:02   Link #43
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe View Post
Wrong. There is a .rar file in the torrent that has subs...
Oh, I didn't even notice that. I haven't seen anyone batch fansubs that way in eons, especially when the uploader doesn't even mention that in the comments.

I'm surprised though that after only 22 weeks there's no seeds left.

Edit: Can I ask what's missing out of the torrent if it's at 99.2%?
Old 2008-09-27, 15:20   Link #44
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
Oh, I didn't even notice that. I haven't seen anyone batch fansubs that way in eons, especially when the uploader doesn't even mention that in the comments.

I'm surprised though that after only 22 weeks there's no seeds left.

Edit: Can I ask what's missing out of the torrent if it's at 99.2%?
Well, torrents are evil in the way that if you don't have 100%, none of the files will work.
Old 2008-09-27, 16:52   Link #45
jpwong

I haven't ever encountered that problem, as long as I have 100% of the file inside the batch, I can play them.

It definatly sucks though that the torrent is incomplete. I've always wanted to see this series done the whole way through in a single language, since even the existing subs switch from cantonese to mandarin towards the end.
Old 2008-09-28, 04:34   Link #46
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
I haven't ever encountered that problem, as long as I have 100% of the file inside the batch, I can play them.

It definatly sucks though that the torrent is incomplete. I've always wanted to see this series done the whole way through in a single language, since even the existing subs switch from cantonese to mandarin towards the end.
Good/bad news. The goods news is that it seems that I can play some of these files, and they're dual japanese/chinese audio. The bad news is that the subs are in Chinese.
Old 2008-09-28, 13:41   Link #47
sangofe

Anyone that wanna type off anime-keep scripts? I can time them to these rips I downloaded, and share the scripts or make mkvs... I'm a fairly experienced timer.
Old 2008-09-28, 15:08   Link #48
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Its good to see this show thread being resurrected first I felt this was due to season 2 <one can wish>. Now that I know whats the topic at hand yeah I would love to hear this show in its original format Japanese
Old 2008-09-29, 00:46   Link #49
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Its good to see this show thread being resurrected first I felt this was due to season 2 <one can wish>. Now that I know whats the topic at hand yeah I would love to hear this show in its original format Japanese
Be my guest to transcribe scripts for me
Old 2008-09-29, 01:49   Link #50
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
I was able to watch this series in Japanese with English subtitles thanks to AXN Asia long ago.

Another alternative is to find someone out there who was able to record the broadcasts.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 02:29   Link #51
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I was able to watch this series in Japanese with English subtitles thanks to AXN Asia long ago.

Another alternative is to find someone out there who was able to record the broadcasts.
You know, the torrent earlier that got posted... has Japanese and chinese language tracks?
Old 2008-09-29, 02:38   Link #52
kujoe
from head to heel

Yes, but AXN already had English subs in their broadcasts back then, which is why I thought it was worth mentioning.
Old 2008-09-29, 02:45   Link #53
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Yes, but AXN already had English subs in their broadcasts back then, which is why I thought it was worth mentioning.
Do you have those sources availble?
Old 2008-09-29, 03:03   Link #54
kujoe
from head to heel

Nope. That's why I said maybe someone has recorded them... Actually, I'm hoping that would prove to be true. It would certainly make things a hell lot easier.
Old 2008-09-29, 06:38   Link #55
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe View Post
Be my guest to transcribe scripts for me
There is an easier solution you could try mux ing Japanese audio on the original file . There was another batch torrent re-released by [AKeep] . A user called Miroku83 is trying that out as of sep 10 . I dont know progress details as of yet. This will make it more clear

Old 2008-09-29, 15:43   Link #56
sangofe

Quote:
There is an easier solution you could try mux ing Japanese audio on the original file . There was another batch torrent re-released by [AKeep] . A user called Miroku83 is trying that out as of sep 10 . I dont know progress details as of yet. This will make it more clear

I think it would be a lot harder to synchronize audio from one source to another than just type off and time scripts. I need less than an hour to time an episode.
Old 2008-09-29, 20:22   Link #57
jpwong

Quote:
These are DVD rips though, there could be differences when you compare to TV raws, plus if you listen to both the japanese and canto tracks at the same time, the timings don't all seem to start at the same time.
Old 2008-09-30, 11:15   Link #58
sangofe

So anyone wants to transcribe scripts?
Old 2008-10-21, 10:43   Link #59
Zergrinch
Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Zergrinch Send a message via Yahoo to Zergrinch
I may or may not have the original AXN Chuuka Ichiban broadcasts stored up. I won't know until December, when I go back home for vacation and see for myself.

The problem with typing from the AnimeKeep subtitles is basically that it's been translated twice - once from Japanese to Cantonese/Mandarin, and the second time from Chinese to English. At any rate, they've lost the original files and are unwilling to redo it, so I figure it's open season on this title.

The quality of the AVIs in the Japanese raws aren't fantastic, sorry to say. I am trying to get hold of the DVD, so I can rip it with h.264. I also have grand plans to cook up some singable karaoke translations: my half-assed efforts with Aegisub can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/user/zergrinch. I am confident that with enough support, we can make a good release, better than AKeep's .

Anyhow, just dropping off a line that I am interested in subtitling this title, though much assistance will be required to make things happen. My plans are still tentative though, since they depend on whether a.) I can get the DVDS and b.) I have copies of the AXN broadcasts in storage. Still, do drop me a PM if you'd like to have a go
Zergrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 11:57   Link #60
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
I may or may not have the original AXN Chuuka Ichiban broadcasts stored up. I won't know until December, when I go back home for vacation and see for myself.

The problem with typing from the AnimeKeep subtitles is basically that it's been translated twice - once from Japanese to Cantonese/Mandarin, and the second time from Chinese to English. At any rate, they've lost the original files and are unwilling to redo it, so I figure it's open season on this title.

The quality of the AVIs in the Japanese raws aren't fantastic, sorry to say. I am trying to get hold of the DVD, so I can rip it with h.264. I also have grand plans to cook up some singable karaoke translations: my half-assed efforts with Aegisub can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/user/zergrinch. I am confident that with enough support, we can make a good release, better than AKeep's .

Anyhow, just dropping off a line that I am interested in subtitling this title, though much assistance will be required to make things happen. My plans are still tentative though, since they depend on whether a.) I can get the DVDS and b.) I have copies of the AXN broadcasts in storage. Still, do drop me a PM if you'd like to have a go
If you get dvds, and transcribe broadcast scripts, I'd be willing to give it a go to assamble a fansub team. I've got some contacts here and there after having been in more than twenty groups.