Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-03-29, 21:39   Link #1041
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The thread asks what caused gsd to fail. I am simply pointing out the obvious that it did not, especially in the financial front.

If that is not the motif of the thread, care to explain what was. Moreover, while you may look down upon this particular series, it does not mean I agree. Personally, in fulfilling the fanbases' desires, I think it done a superb job.

- Tak
And this is where your wrong because if it did then we wouldn't have threads like this discussing why it was a failure in terms of plot and character development. It's fine that "you" liked it for what it was but that just makes it shallow and unappealing to alot of fans who were expecting something more from it then a financial revenue.

Quote:
He was brought back even before Destiny's broadcast. The SEED specials pretty much implied his return.

- Tak
Oh you mean the specials that were made after the initial series broadcast a year afterwards during the time they got feedback responses from desperate fans wanting him alive, yeah his return sure was planned
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 21:45   Link #1042
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitsPunchSamurai View Post
And this is where your wrong because if it did then we wouldn't have threads like this discussing why it was a failure in terms of plot and character development. It's fine that "you" liked it for what it was but that just makes it shallow and unappealing to alot of fans who were expecting something more from it then a financial revenue.
And what makes you right? Since many fans also liked GSD for what it was, and that many fans watched for nobody else but the two leads.

Then here comes the greatest irony, which is for you to continue watching despite considering it a failure. Certainly you found something you like in GSD, and if you did, then I cannot see how it could be considered a failure as it did fulfill partially of what you were looking for.

Quote:
Oh you mean the specials that were made after the initial series broadcast a year afterwards during the time they got feedback responses from desperate fans wanting him alive, yeah his return sure was planned
Don't put words in my mouth, I never said his return was planned. I am merely pointing out the fact that his return was implied since SEED. As for you, you admitted to have kept watching because of him. So here you are, on a bitching streak, but you still watched Destiny for Mu. Cmon, you don't think there is anything funny with what you are doing and what you are saying?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 21:57   Link #1043
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
And what makes you right? Since many fans also liked GSD for what it was, and that many fans watched for nobody else but the two leads.

Then here comes the greatest irony, which is for you to continue watching despite considering it a failure. Certainly you found something you like in GSD, and if you did, then I cannot see how it could be considered a failure as it did fulfill partially of what you were looking for.

- Tak
So your saying that the fanbase doesn't care for good storytelling and writing in it's own franchise? So because I liked one thing about Destiny it's not failure? Seriously how jaded can you be to label fans as people who watch it for the fireworks then the actually meaning of it all. I continued to watch it because I wanted to see how it would tie everything single disappointing aspect of it into a mildly satisfying finale but it even failed in that aspect.
Quote:
Don't put words in my mouth, I never said his return was planned. I am merely pointing out the fact that his return was implied since SEED. As for you, you admitted to have kept watching because of him. So here you are, on a bitching streak, but you still watched Destiny for Mu. Cmon, you don't think there is anything funny with what you are doing and what you are saying?

- Tak
Your the one putting words in my mouth. I liked Mu's character, so what? Not even him can change my opinion of Destiny, FYI there have been plenty of incidents where fans admitted they sat through it because of a favorite character or unit they loved to see in action, but that was it, it didn't save what was left afterwards.
Old 2009-03-29, 22:07   Link #1044
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Quote:
Holy logical Batman you're right!?

So what if we dont have threads discussing why a -insert gundam series title here- was a failure in terms of plot and character development... is it safe to assume that those are successful? Pls. guide my lost mind.
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 22:09   Link #1045
Tak

Quote:
So your saying that the fanbase doesn't care for good storytelling and writing in it's own franchise? So because I liked one thing about Destiny it's not failure? Seriously how jaded can you be to label fans as people who watch it for the fireworks then the actually meaning of it all. I continued to watch it because I wanted to see how it would tie everything single disappointing aspect of it into a mildly satisfying finale but it even failed in that aspect.
Here you go again, putting words in my mouth and riding on that generalizing streak of yours.

I am only stating the obvious. Many fans considered it a success, while some (like you) do not. I did not state that every fan should consider it to be a success or a failure, that depends on the eye of the beholder as it is clearly apparent that we define success differently. I am not jaded, I am simply providing a diversified opinion.

As for you, you seem to want to think that every fan should agree with you and consider GSD to be a failure. Hell, you remind me of those AIG executives, who'd denounce bad corporate practices only to contradict themselves and steal taxes for bonuses at the end. Great job there 'mate, har har.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-03-29, 22:11   Link #1046
james0246

I did like Destiny, but only really for the glitz or the bling. I wanted to see shiny suits, piloted by pretty people, with faux problems, and I got exactly what I wanted.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 22:12   Link #1047
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

[QUOTE=SonicX_Zero;2307203]
Quote:

Holy logical Batman you're right!?

So what if we dont have threads discussing why a -insert gundam series title here- was a failure in terms of plot and character development... is it safe to assume that those are successful? Pls. guide my lost mind.
Don't worry little one I'll help your foolish ignorance. By your "logic" why don't we have why Zeta Gundam failed thread? Or why G Gundam failed thread? Or better yet why isn't there a why Gundam Wing failed thread? Certaintly there were aspects of all those series that we didn't like so we can bitch and complain about, so I wonder why Destiny gets the bad rep when it's panned by the majority of the fanbase.
Quote:
Here you go again, putting words in my mouth and riding on that generalizing streak of yours.

I am only stating the obvious. Many fans considered it a success, while some (like you) do not. I did not state that every fan should consider it to be a success or a failure, that depends on the eye of the beholder as it is clearly apparent that we define success differently. I am not jaded, I am simply providing a diversified opinion.

As for you, you seem to want to think that every fan should agree with you and consider GSD to be a failure. Hell, you remind me of those AIG executives, who'd denounce bad corporate practices only to contradict themselves and steal taxes for bonuses at the end. Great job there 'mate, har har.

- Tak
Hey you said it. Not me. Like I've said if you or anyone loved it from what it was that's fine not everyone has to like or hate the same thing but you seem to be in denial about the fanbase stance on Destiny and judging it by your own standards and not the majority, I'm stating my opinion on the matter that's all and you can dismiss it as you please. I find it funny that through this entire argument you have yet to defend Destiny's strong points that doesn't have to do with it's financial revenues.
Old 2009-03-29, 22:26   Link #1048
Tak

Quote:
By your "logic" why don't we have why Zeta Gundam failed thread? Or why G Gundam failed thread? Or better yet why isn't there a why Gundam Wing failed thread? Certaintly there were aspects of all those series that we didn't like so we can bitch and complain about, so I wonder why Destiny gets the bad rep when it's panned by the majority of the fanbase.
You mean aside from the fact that they are all fucking old and not very popular amongst casual Gundam fans of this generation?

Quote:
I find it funny that through this entire argument you have yet to defend Destiny's strong points that doesn't have to do with it's financial revenues.
I also find it equally funny that you failed to read any of my statements clearly and instead only pinned on what worked for you.

I mentioned rather early on that I liked Destiny because it fulfilled my dreams as a fan, and brought Kira/Lacus back to the fold. Certainly that was a major strong point for me, you might not think so, but then again, that would be your problem, not mine.

- Tak

Old 2009-03-29, 22:36   Link #1049
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
You mean aside from the fact that they are all fucking old and not very popular amongst casual Gundam fans of this generation?
So the fact that we still have discussion threads about Victory and Turn A Gundam doesn't mean there's any interest in anything before SEED, flawless logic

Quote:
I also find it equally funny that you failed to read any of my statements clearly and instead only pinned on what worked for you.

I mentioned rather early on that I liked Destiny because it fulfilled my dreams as a fan, and brought Kira/Lacus back to the fold. Certain that was a major strong point for me, you might not think so, but then again, that would be your problem, not mine.

- Tak
Well like I've been saying that's "your" opinion. I find it surprising that you like that aspects of Destiny when it was the same reason fans hated. But I guess if I lower my expectations I can find anything good.
Old 2009-03-29, 22:41   Link #1050
Tak

Quote:
So the fact that we still have discussion threads about Victory and Turn A Gundam doesn't mean there's any interest in anything before SEED, flawless logic
Or do we? I certainly do not see an active thread regarding them. What can be said that has not been said for 10+ years since these series' inception?

Quote:
I find it surprising that you like that aspects of Destiny when it was the same reason fans hated. But I guess if I lower my expectations I can find anything good.
I also find it surprising that you hate that very aspect of Destiny when it was also the same reason fans loved. If fans hated it as much as you claimed to be, then guess what, there would not be a Kira/Lacus dominance over the polls.

And what is your expectation? So that we may rise, or perhaps sink to it.

- Tak

Old 2009-03-29, 22:55   Link #1051
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Or do we? I certainly do not see an active thread regarding them. What can be said that has not been said for 10+ years since these series' inception?
The fact that you just came back after two years doesn't help your stance at all since there has been many users who has stated their views on both series, ironically this is the only Destiny related thread that's still active.

Quote:
I also find it surprising that you hate that very aspect of Destiny when it was also the same reason fans loved. If fans hated it as much as you claimed to be, then guess what, there would not be a Kira/Lacus dominance over the polls.

And what is your expectation? So that we may rise, or perhaps sink to it.

- Tak
I'm gonna say this once, polls does not represent the entire fanbase views, polls do not change fans views and if anycase it's an indication on how overrated the franchise is. I've already stated that no other series could eclipse SEED's popularity from 2002-2006 until recently, are you so contrive by your own personal views that you believe that it's merits are found in it's fading popularity then anything else?
BTW my expectations require a series to be you know actually good. I'm not sure how hard is that to gripe wiyh.
Old 2009-03-29, 23:04   Link #1052
Tak

Quote:
The fact that you just came back after two years doesn't help your stance at all.
Funny, I came back because 00 was over, and that I was bored.

Quote:
I'm gonna say this once, polls does not represent the entire fanbase views, polls do not change fans views
Certainly, but it does represent a great slice of the fanbase. Surely even you could comprehend this simple fact.

Quote:

I've already stated that no other series could eclipse SEED's popularity from 2002-2006 until recently, are you so contrive by your own personal views that you believe that it's merits are found in it's fading popularity then anything else?
And are you so contrived by your own personal view that there are no merits whatsoever found in its 'fading', but still ongoing popularity?

Taking your arguments to one side of the extreme doesn't really help you to be convincing.

- Tak

Old 2009-03-29, 23:12   Link #1053
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Funny, I came back because 00 was over, and that I was bored.
The same reason I'm having this argument really

Quote:
Certainly, but it does represent a great slice of the fanbase. Surely even you could comprehend this simple fact.
And this is what you believe....well good for you!

Quote:
And are you so contrived by your own personal view that there are no merits whatsoever found in its 'fading', but still ongoing popularity?

Taking your arguments to one side of the extreme doesn't really help you.

- Tak
Good work restating what I just said, now I know your not going anywhere with your argument. How about Kira and Lacus decreasing ranks in those so called polls you keep bringing up and the fact that their the only characters there doesn't help it.
Old 2009-03-29, 23:20   Link #1054
Tak

Quote:
And this is what you believe....well good for you!
Why thank you, master of the obvious.

Quote:
Good work restating what I just said, now I know your not going anywhere with your argument. How about Kira and Lacus decreasing ranks in those so called polls you keep bringing up and the fact that their the only characters there doesn't help it.
Good work proving that you can't read, and incidentally can't write, either. What you just typed made no sense whatsoever. Meh, I was expecting to be entertained, but woe is my luck that I have you to play around instead. Good try, tis been fun.

- Tak

Old 2009-03-29, 23:25   Link #1055
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Good work proving that you can't read, and incidentally can't write, either. What you just typed made no sense whatsoever. Meh, I was expecting to be entertained, but woe is my luck that I have you to play around instead. Good try, tis been fun.

- Tak
The fact that you've dismiss my statement proves that your full of it and honestly I'm not sure if your just naive on the fanbase stance on Destiny as a whole but it's quite obvious I'm getting nowhere with you.
Old 2009-03-29, 23:28   Link #1056
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

The right way to stand out as a poster is with good post content, not with large, eye-searing, font-switched text.

I enjoyed SEED Destiny. The early episodes were quite good, even, Shinn seemed like a fairly decent guy, and we had the old veteran Athrun as his mentor, it's not a bad premise.
Old 2009-03-29, 23:31   Link #1057
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
The right way to stand out as a poster is with good post content, not with large, eye-searing, font-switched text.
Dude, if you don't like it there's an ignore list you can add me to and there's no need to be an ass. Geez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
I enjoyed SEED Destiny. The early episodes were quite good, even, Shinn seemed like a fairly decent guy, and we had the old veteran Athrun as his mentor, it's not a bad premise.
It was just handled poorly that's all but other than that it had a much better start than SEED and Shinn's derailment didn't start until Kira came back
Old 2009-03-29, 23:32   Link #1058
Rah-Rah
I Am A Justaway

Send a message via MSN to Rah-Rah
Quote:
Certainly it worked for me, because in all honesty, I didn't give much of a shit about Shinn.

- Tak
Yes, but you can see why others would have a problem with it. I mean, personally, I don't have anything agianst Kira or Lacus, but they already had 50 episodes to be in the spotlight. Even if some people weren't onboard with Shinn's character initially because, quite franky, he was an angry dick, but a lot of people liked that about him
because he was kind of like the Anti-Kira, and that gave him a chance to really carve his own path and develop.

Even after Kira takes the spotlight in Destiny, he has no struggle, so while I can understand it's cool to see a character you like doing stuff agian, when he takes the spotlight away from someone who was intially inteded to be the focal point of the show, that just rubs people the wrong way, espically since a lot of things in both the orignal SEED and in Destiny made it feel like it was a work in progress without too much planning (Kind of like Nanoha Strikers).

My point is, even if you don't like Shinn, you can't argue that he didn't deserve to have the spotlight stolen from him by a character who was already fully developed and couldn't really go anywhere else, so in some ways, Kira's popularity during Destiny is caused a lot by fan nostalgia of the first show. Sorry for ramballing, it's 12:32 here and I felt like I needed to say something.

Rah-Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 23:38   Link #1059
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah-Rah View Post
Yes, but you can see why others would have a problem with it. I mean, personally, I don't have anything agianst Kira or Lacus, but they already had 50 episodes to be in the spotlight. Even if some people weren't onboard with Shinn's character initially because, quite franky, he was an angry dick, but a lot of people liked that about him
because he was kind of like the Anti-Kira, and that gave him a chance to really carve his own path and develop.

Even after Kira takes the spotlight in Destiny, he has no struggle, so while I can understand it's cool to see a character you like doing stuff agian, when he takes the spotlight away from someone who was intially inteded to be the focal point of the show, that just rubs people the wrong way, espically since a lot of things in both the orignal SEED and in Destiny made it feel like it was a work in progress without too much planning (Kind of like Nanoha Strikers).

My point is, even if you don't like Shinn, you can't argue that he didn't deserve to have the spotlight stolen from him by a character who was already fully developed and couldn't really go anywhere else, so in some ways, Kira's popularity during Destiny is caused a lot by fan nostalgia of the first show. Sorry for ramballing, it's 12:32 here and I felt like I needed to say something.
Look, I understand, comprehend, and accept all of Destiny's shortcomings

I was quite frankly just fucking with the guy.

- Tak

Old 2009-03-29, 23:43   Link #1060
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Look, I understand, comprehend, and accept all of Destiny's shortcomings

I was quite frankly just fucking with the guy.

- Tak
Whatever makes you feel better