AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-03, 19:36   Link #81
JonSnow

Now is a perfect time for the CP-0 to show up again.
Doflamingo reattaching his head would be disappointing.
Hopefully Oda has something unexpected stored for us, in the next chapter.
Old 2014-04-03, 20:56   Link #82
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Doflamingo reattaching his head would be disappointing.
Hopefully Oda has something unexpected stored for us, in the next chapter.
Regardless of what exactly happened, there's no way Doflamingo is dead. And we're probably going to find out very soon the full capabilities of his DF. Expect the warlord to retaliate hard in the subsequent chapters.
Old 2014-04-03, 21:46   Link #83
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Actually i seriously question Fujitora joining the fight on Doffy's side. His number one priority is keeping the people safe, NOT protecting Doffy. Up till this point, protecting Doffy was the best way to protect the people since Law's rebellion was threat to the people. But now things are different... With Sugar's curse undone, the people will be screaming for Doflamingo's head, and Fushitora will quickly find that Doffy has committed some heinous crimes to the world government (marines, government officials and foreign rulers being amongst the enslaved toys). At this point, where should Fushitora point his blade if he wants to "protect the people"? Fushitora, who HATES the schikibukai system, basically has every single excuse he could ever want to take down Doflamingo

Y'know.... as strange as this may sound, I'm not actually expecting Fujitora to take any immediate action against Doflamingo. While I do agree that this turn of events gives him every reason to crackdown on the warlord, I think he's going to take his time and gain a better picture of events on the island before he deals out justice. Maybe it's just me, but if there's one thing I've noticed about our blind friend it's that, contrary to his blindness, he has fairly keen observation. Recall that he was careful not to reveal his identity to Luffy's group when they first met at the bar, and that he made sure to confirm that Law was indeed allied with the Straw-Hats before attacking him at Green Bit (not to mention that he was willing to let Caesar go as long as he was partnered with Dofla). Those examples seem to indicate that he's a man who takes his time to gain a full understanding of a situation before he acts. That's why I don't think he'll go after Dofla right away, but probably gain more information from around the island first (chiefly from victims of the toy curse). And from there..... he can make his final decision on whether who's the "black" or "white" between Doflamingo and the Straw-Hats.....
Old 2014-04-03, 23:38   Link #84
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablerie View Post
Match-ups now:
Luffy & Kyros vs Doflamingo
Rebecca & Bartolomeo vs Diamante
Kyros should fight Diamante instead...

He needs to reclaim his strongest gladiator title from Diamante

Maybe with team-up with her daughter
Old 2014-04-04, 18:53   Link #85
JonSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
Kyros should fight Diamante instead...

He needs to reclaim his strongest gladiator title from Diamante

Maybe with team-up with her daughter
Yes, Kyros vs. Diamnte would be nice. A payback fight.
Old 2014-04-04, 19:29   Link #86
Rainbowman

Prediction for the next chapter: Doflamingo survives either using his string powers or Law using his powers on Doffy because Law may still have some questions for him.
Old 2014-04-05, 00:17   Link #87
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Yes, Kyros vs. Diamnte would be nice. A payback fight.
ah yeah, I forgot about that

revenge is the best revenge
Old 2014-04-05, 17:07   Link #88
TheMrEpileptic

Post Doflamingo's Devil Fruit a Logia type?

I've been thinking about it, unless Eiichiro has decided to take a different route with how One Piece plays out (Luffy sending the main boss flying) Would Doflamingo let his guard down to such an extent that a skilled swordsman, with one leg, was able to cut off his head? If Trafalgar wasn't even able to do anything to him, why was Kyros able to defeat him so easily? It's just an idea I had that's all.
Old 2014-04-05, 18:06   Link #89
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
He's obviously not dead...
Old 2014-04-05, 23:01   Link #90
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrEpileptic View Post
I've been thinking about it, unless Eiichiro has decided to take a different route with how One Piece plays out (Luffy sending the main boss flying) Would Doflamingo let his guard down to such an extent that a skilled swordsman, with one leg, was able to cut off his head? If Trafalgar wasn't even able to do anything to him, why was Kyros able to defeat him so easily? It's just an idea I had that's all.
the idea itself is plausible but looking at the current situation,
that would be anti-climatic for dressrosa arc as a whole

I still believe that either CP-0 or Fujitora is the one who is gonna finish Dofla,
of course, after he gets beaten by Luffy
Old 2014-04-06, 02:51   Link #91
unameit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
1. The material is tougher than diamond
2. Rayleigh and Shanks are normal humans and yet are one the strongest in the series. So, cheer willpower and training.
your 2nd point contradicts your 1st point.. if he's that strong, surely he can fucking cut anything and I'm talking about movement here, being strong as mere mortal doesn't magically explain on how he could move that fast with just 1 leg.. know this is fiction but still, be more logical and not absurd oda..
Old 2014-04-06, 04:00   Link #92
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by unameit View Post
your 2nd point contradicts your 1st point.. if he's that strong, surely he can fucking cut anything and I'm talking about movement here, being strong as mere mortal doesn't magically explain on how he could move that fast with just 1 leg.. know this is fiction but still, be more logical and not absurd oda..
Even Mihawk's "strongest slash in the world" couldn't cut Diamond Jozu(Who can turn his body into diamond).

In real life diamond and only diamond-tipped tools can cut a diamond.

So it's not as fictional as you think.
Old 2014-04-06, 08:54   Link #93
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Even Mihawk's "strongest slash in the world" couldn't cut Diamond Jozu(Who can turn his body into diamond).
That was merely a slash from the strongest swordsman in the world. It's true that Mihawk has yet to show he can cut diamond, but that definitely wasn't his strongest slash. There's also armament haki to consider as well.
Old 2014-04-06, 14:12   Link #94
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
That was merely a slash from the strongest swordsman in the world. It's true that Mihawk has yet to show he can cut diamond, but that definitely wasn't his strongest slash. There's also armament haki to consider as well.
I don't know...the fodder kept saying it was "the strongest slash in the world" and the anime made it seem like he actually used Haki,so go figure.
Old 2014-04-06, 14:59   Link #95
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I don't know...the fodder kept saying it was "the strongest slash in the world" and the anime made it seem like he actually used Haki,so go figure.
The anime isn't the reliable source for these kinds of discussions. And Jozu may have augmented his diamond defense with his own haki. Either way, it's still unknown whether Mihawk can cut diamond or not. While that slash was impressive, it didn't look like Mihawk exerted his full effort.
Old 2014-04-06, 23:09   Link #96
marvelB

Y'know, I was always curious about Mihawk's attack not cutting Jozu. I recall that when the chapter originally came out, I had thought that Mihawk was holding back as well, but..... what if the marines' words about that attack being the "world's strongest slash" rung true? I think it would actually say a LOT about Mihawk (and make things a bit more interesting, IMO) if he were truly incapable of slashing through diamond. It would also be further proof that Zoro doesn't necessarily need to best his greatest rival in combat to surpass him.....
Old 2014-04-08, 20:26   Link #97
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Old 2015-03-21, 15:47   Link #98
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

If ussop gets any recognition I'll consider it a slap in the face. I swear both him and Nami get spoiled so damn much when they do as little as they can and then they get to reap the reward.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Closed Thread