Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-11, 13:33   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Episode 121 Discussion Thread

Screenshots:

Ahoy there! Great day, isn't it, for some ass-kicking action and for one quirky onechan? This episode is just not good. Yeah.. sigh.. It's GREAT! Awesome 20 minutes of pure entertainment with some of the best animated movements this show has seen thus far. So, what else is new? Well....

Spoiler for episode 121:

I give this episode a 9.3, as in, excellent.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

Last edited by monir; 2007-04-11 at 15:00. Reason: wanted to highlight Renji's comment to Ichigo.. teh he!
Old 2007-04-11, 13:36   Link #2
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Thumbs up Bit fanboyism

Whoah... that was EPIC... new OP and even ED looks high quality, but most important is that ep surprised me being, imho maybe the most detailed so far I was very very pleased and excited...Did they robbed the bank or what Fights felt having raw power and movement...music and jokes...everything felt like having 100% more...Super...

Edit: My only small grip was that those two shots of Hichigo looked recycled and not fitting this more strongly colored and outlined style. Which I hope we can enjoy time to time more. We shall see... at least most important fights gets more attention...

Last edited by Anacone; 2007-04-11 at 14:37.
Old 2007-04-11, 13:50   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anacone View Post
Whoah... that was EPIC... new OP and even ED looks high quality, but most important is that ep surprised me being, imho maybe the most detailed so far I was very very pleased and excited...Did they robbed the bank or what
Yeah, some of the movement, especially the after affect of those movements were sweetly animated. Very fluid and shiny at the same time, that is, if one can overlook the silly float-walking everyone seems to have mastered out of no where. The fans may also be pleased with the visual of the ED theme.
Old 2007-04-11, 13:57   Link #4
ThoHell

Awesome, just freakin awesome! Grim is pure baddass! I didn't really like the new OP and ED, they just didn't seem to fit? Actually I lied about the OP and ED, just really watched them and they were good....my heart aches or Inoue though <333333333 Inoue X Ichi and no other!

Spoiler for ep 121:

Last edited by ThoHell; 2007-04-11 at 20:00.
Old 2007-04-11, 14:44   Link #5
Elegant Destruction
Philosophical as Ever

i openly admit, as a rukiaichigo supporter, i am cringing at the new opening....

mainly because i can here all the orihime fans screaming nonsence in my ears ^_< lol

but wonderful animation for both opening and ending, some of it even made me giggle.
Old 2007-04-11, 14:48   Link #6
Master zoid pilot

Send a message via AIM to Master zoid pilot Send a message via MSN to Master zoid pilot
I loved this episode, I'm sure we won't have any complaints on the aimation department .

Spoiler:

Last edited by Master zoid pilot; 2007-04-11 at 15:01.
Old 2007-04-11, 14:57   Link #7
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The new Op and Ed are

Quote:
" ALONES " by Aqua Timez
Quote:
" Tsumasaki " ( tiptoe ) by Oreskaband
Old 2007-04-11, 15:52   Link #8
ccardoso
Banned

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-11, 16:27   Link #9
Katsumara
The cake eater.

Oh god, I'm gonna fangasm. T_T I can't wait to see this. The Grimmjow/Ichigo fight is gonna be so epic.

One thing though.. are the opening and ending catchy? I hope so. How would you rank the opening with Rolling Star?
Old 2007-04-11, 16:30   Link #10
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

O___O HOLY CRAP.

OP can I say a bit much? I really love the eerie feel to it though. The ED was just weird and convoluted. But I enjoy watching Ichi's ass. It's like watching a horrible tragic train wreck.

And this just makes me feel more bad for Orihime...ahem...enough said about that topic.

Anyways, never expected Ichi to get more pwned animated than in the manga. But that was fun. XD Will watch it again and see if I have anything new to add.

But absolute fun seeing a girl pwned something. Haven't seen that in a while.
Old 2007-04-11, 17:09   Link #11
yuchan

I love the ending song but, the drawings seems so cheap looking. Like a amateur(sp?) did it. I thought ending sequences were drawn really well since the sequences are used for a while.
Old 2007-04-11, 17:13   Link #12
Katsumara
The cake eater.

Just full of epic win. Episode was outstanding. I LOVED the new opening, the scenes.. the song fit it well too. Loved the rundown of the captains/Ichi and crew in one scene, then Aizen and gang in the next. The ending was full of so much fanservice, I loved it. Best animated/thought out episode in a while. Two thumbs up for sure!
Old 2007-04-11, 17:24   Link #13
Oberon

Loved this episode. Never thought I'd have this much fun seeing the living daylights punched out of Ichigo. There were some bits that were exceptionally animated, among my favourites this one:

Spoiler for scene from 121:

Loved the new opening, but whoa it's on the spoilery side. The ending seemed bit cheapish. Overall, I was well entertained once again, but have to wonder whether a new filler arc is waiting for us, since they're getting dagerously close to the manga again.
Old 2007-04-11, 17:53   Link #14
Crebstar

Amazing.... Amazing.... Amazing... Is all I can say with how they animated and portrayed this episode. They are doing a freakin nice job lately. This arc to me is begining to be just as good if not better than SS arc.
Old 2007-04-11, 18:30   Link #15
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-11, 18:39   Link #16
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yeah 2nd Renji's win in anime , if we were following just the manga it would be his official first win So yeah we cant make Renji Won Jokes no more - sob sob sob -

Well those of you who dont know somone started this joke in the What a Bleach Chracter would never say Thread ( Renji : I won )
Old 2007-04-11, 18:46   Link #17
Shortysdohdoh
外人

Send a message via Yahoo to Shortysdohdoh
i caught bleach on tv in my apartment last night. finally i know what time it shows and what channel

lately i've been waiting for the youtube version because i couldn't find the channel but... the animation quality of 120 really pissed me off.
then i watched bleach last night and i was shocked! the animation was like 120% better. very detailed, smooth, nice colors. it reminded me of quality animation they usually do for movies.
Old 2007-04-11, 19:02   Link #18
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Loved this episode. Never thought I'd have this much fun seeing the living daylights punched out of Ichigo. There were some bits that were exceptionally animated, among my favourites this one:

Spoiler for scene from 121:

Loved the new opening, but whoa it's on the spoilery side. The ending seemed bit cheapish. Overall, I was well entertained once again, but have to wonder whether a new filler arc is waiting for us, since they're getting dagerously close to the manga again.
LOL, you found him dancing around amusing too? I was like...AWESOME, I busted up when I first saw it! Grim is just absolutely badass. Reminded me a little bit like Bruce Lee when he was doing that! Those were some pure power and fighting skills there, no question about it!
Old 2007-04-11, 19:49   Link #19
shenzu

Spoiler:

The wait was worth it
Old 2007-04-11, 20:50   Link #20
Islaya
Secchan

All I can say about the episode is wow. It was the best one in a long time, well worth having to wait an extra week for.

Also, I just uploaded the new Op and Ed onto YouTube if anyone want to watch them.

Spoiler:
Closed Thread