AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-30, 21:02   Link #561
rabbitking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
His assertion fails without some substantive support... almost *all* dramatic entertainment can be dismissed as "highly unrealistic". Shakespeare didn't write "realistic" entertainment either. Drama relies on shorthand to convey plot, feelings, character development, and emotion.

So far I've seen very little that I've not seen in some aspect in real life experiences, so it goes. As far as the value of this series to me... I think a few more episodes are warranted before I can make any decisions.
I think you missed my point. There seems to be a pattern of shows that are popular and have high ratings because they are more realistic in a way that people can relate to the characters. Or because the events in the show seem more probable than in other shows. I'm not going to go into detail. But these are shows like Nodame Catabile and Eden of the East. This doesn't mean I dislike the show either.
rabbitking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 21:14   Link #562
HotTanCakes
Mafioso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
His assertion fails without some substantive support... almost *all* dramatic entertainment can be dismissed as "highly unrealistic". Shakespeare didn't write "realistic" entertainment either. Drama relies on shorthand to convey plot, feelings, character development, and emotion.

So far I've seen very little that I've not seen in some aspect in real life experiences, so it goes. As far as the value of this series to me... I think a few more episodes are warranted before I can make any decisions.
I know what you mean, I feel like almost everythign in this show could've happened, sure its exaggerated a bit through the characters, but I think its all part of this show. I bet you'll end up liking this show
HotTanCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 21:18   Link #563
rabbitking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotTanCakes View Post
I know what you mean, I feel like almost everythign in this show could've happened, sure its exaggerated a bit through the characters, but I think its all part of this show.
I think you meant to quote me.
rabbitking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 21:50   Link #564
HotTanCakes
Mafioso

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitking View Post
I think you missed my point. There seems to be a pattern of shows that are popular and have high ratings because they are more realistic in a way that people can relate to the characters. Or because the events in the show seem more probable than in other shows. I'm not going to go into detail. But these are shows like Nodame Catabile and Eden of the East. This doesn't mean I dislike the show either.
I disagree, I love Eden of the East. But I can't relate to it much at all. The story of it was very intruiging, and the characters were really fun. But I wouldn't say I could relate to the characters.
HotTanCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 23:36   Link #565
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I dont feel that vibe at all. Could explain where you see the similarities?
I should clarify: I'm talking specifically about the PV (music video) since the OP (opening credits) is nowhere similar to any Haruhi OP.

My comment sprung from the fact that the girl in the PV was doing what I expected Haruhi to do during Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody. Although in reality, it was Kyon making the lines on the field. And it was mentioned that in middle school, Haruhi once moved all the desks in her classroom into the hall. Though in the video, the girl takes them all the way to the field.

EDIT: Here's the OP that Shiroth linked to again, for easy viewing.

Last edited by Willen; 2009-10-30 at 23:57.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 01:37   Link #566
FuzzyWuzzy

While I agree that some of the situations and drama in this anime seems forced, I do not believe they differ that much with the norm.

A lot of stories are unrealistic. As a novel reader and writer, I can tell you guys with absolute certainty that a lot of the situations and characters in ALL of literature are unrealistic. But that is not really important. What's important is creating BELIEVABLE characters that real life people can relate to.

Creating BELIEVABLE characters do not have to be realistic, they just need to have real life people's emotions and characteristics. The main hero or villain of the story can sometimes alter their emotions or beliefs but most sub characters will only have one type of cliche character traits and it will stay on them for the whole story.

Sub characters in a story are one of the biggest examples why literature and characters in literature are unrealistic. For example, HINATA in Naruto. She will stay timid and shy for all eternity whenever she meets Naruto. Same thing with Jiraiya.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 07:14   Link #567
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

The authors,whatever medium they specialize, would usually create the 'fictional characters' based on some of the people that they know. They'd just alter some of the persona to give them character...
It's not a matter of 'realistic' or 'non realistic'. That's not important, because even in real life, you gotta admit that they are some crazy people in the real world.
Think like Haruhi, If you think it's possible(even if it seems like it's not), it is.

...it's hard to do something when you don't have time because of work - missing my NEET days
rurupeceaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 15:58   Link #568
aulzon

Misunderstandings galore.

I really raged when she couldn't get her point acress, I guess that's the whole theme of show, felt a bit soap opera-ish but still entertaining nonetheless.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 20:52   Link #569
Arina-desu
Alena-chan :)

I totally love Kimi ni Todoke!! *__* && I love the manga too!
Sawako is so sweet to everyone, I wish more people would like her!
Arina-desu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 04:00   Link #570
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

Go Sadako Sawako!
I'm rooting for you!

...it's hard to do something when you don't have time because of work - missing my NEET days
rurupeceaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 04:35   Link #571
klare

already predicted there will be drama like this, cant expect them to get along happily till the final eps

i think i can guess who is the one setting up Sawako
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 12:32   Link #572
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

A very beautiful (imho) Sawako wallpaper.

Old 2009-11-01, 12:41   Link #573
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Not bad seeing the outstanding smile shot from episode three as wallpaper material.
Old 2009-11-01, 21:34   Link #574
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Hmm, I just realised one small scene from the manga at the start of the rumour saga wasn't included.

Spoiler for missing scene + spoiler in case you didnt already figure that out:

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2009-11-02 at 08:37.
Last Sinner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 05:42   Link #575
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You should at least label that spoiler with future manga spoilers. Or even better, delete it because they're not allowed in this thread.
Old 2009-11-02, 08:37   Link #576
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I said it was excluded and put it in a spoiler tag. Didn't think it needed to be spelt out that it was a spoiler...fine, I'll change it...
Old 2009-11-02, 15:24   Link #577
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Gah! I just want to strangle everyone.

Communication. Communication is the key
My parents dug that into my head to always explain myself when misunderstandings occur. I'm just alittle baffled that Sawako's friends jumped to conclusions like that without letting Sawako finish and I'm baffled that Sawako didn't investigate any further on what the hell was going on. She jumped to her own conclusions as well.

And oh boy, do I hate gossip. There was alot of it in my middleschool, not so much highschool, for me at least.

Other than that, love the music that played during the sad parts.
Very haunting.
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 21:44   Link #578
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust Romance View Post
Gah! I just want to strangle everyone.

Communication. Communication is the key
My parents dug that into my head to always explain myself when misunderstandings occur. I'm just alittle baffled that Sawako's friends jumped to conclusions like that without letting Sawako finish and I'm baffled that Sawako didn't investigate any further on what the hell was going on. She jumped to her own conclusions as well.
This. I really hate it when everyone is too chicken to go ask someone if the rumors or true or not. I confronted people several times in high school about rumors and even though I did feel a little silly when they turned out to be false it was so much better to make an ass of myself then rather than later on. But I have a feeling that such a direct and brusque manner is much more Western than Eastern in behavior. Maybe it's also because I developed a "I will not take this sort of crap," attitude by the end of high school but it's so infuriating to see people dilly dally and let their imaginations get the better of themselves in these situations. Gah, I wanna strangle them too!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 23:22   Link #579
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
This. I really hate it when everyone is too chicken to go ask someone if the rumors or true or not. I confronted people several times in high school about rumors and even though I did feel a little silly when they turned out to be false it was so much better to make an ass of myself then rather than later on. But I have a feeling that such a direct and brusque manner is much more Western than Eastern in behavior. Maybe it's also because I developed a "I will not take this sort of crap," attitude by the end of high school but it's so infuriating to see people dilly dally and let their imaginations get the better of themselves in these situations. Gah, I wanna strangle them too!
i can see why sawako and her friends jumped to those conclusions. remember that her friends didn't believe the rumours but only started questioning things when they misinterpreted sawako so i can see why they'd be like, yeah sawako doesn't like us because it's SAWAKO and hearing her saying "dislike" probably shocked them. i was frustrated too though, don't get me wrong. but i later thought about it and i don't think i really blame them for that.

as for sawako, she simply doesn't seem the type to go off and start confronting people. period. she'd sooner blame herself than others. of course i'm not a manga reader so maybe she'll get later development in the manga but at this moment i'm not seeing that.
mellomarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 23:38   Link #580
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellomarie View Post
as for sawako, she simply doesn't seem the type to go off and start confronting people. period. she'd sooner blame herself than others. of course i'm not a manga reader so maybe she'll get later development in the manga but at this moment i'm not seeing that.
Very true, wondering why her friends settled for a vague answer however instead of having a complete one. If they have that much faith in their friend then they should let her finish her thoughts!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
production i.g, romance, shoujo