justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Yeah there's no way I'd put up with her crap. lol
Old 2009-11-01, 14:25   Link #782
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Moment between Luke and Lisa was pretty cute Cecily was noisy as always during this episode *sigh*. I don't know what i should do if someone like Cecily would appear every day in my life to point out my mistakes while her whole existence is a weakness...lol poor Luke, just kick her out or something.

Btw Why is Cecily unable to pay for a Katana? She lives in pretty big house and even has a serving maid.
Maybe Luke should send her on a quest for her katana. "Don't come back till you've killed six wolf demons and brought be their pelts" or something. Then he either gets stuff he can sell to pay for her sword, or she dies on a fool's errand. Win/win.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 14:28   Link #783
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Maybe Luke should send her on a quest for her katana. "Don't come back till you've killed six wolf demons and brought be their pelts" or something. Then he either gets stuff he can sell to pay for her sword, or she dies on a fool's errand. Win/win.
This isn't Monster Hunter ya know >.>
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 14:31   Link #784
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Btw Why is Cecily unable to pay for a Katana? She lives in pretty big house and even has a serving maid.
If I remember right, she said the upkeep on the house takes most of her income. I can believe that. It's common for aristocracy to be land-rich and cash-poor.

Lisa was adorable in this episode. One thing I can't decide is if she can really communicate with animals or if she was just talking to them like we would.

Luke's little gift at the end showed that he isn't totally oblivious to Lisa's desires. I think the problem has been that she's reluctant to ask more than Luke being a total jerk about her wants. Makes me wonder if Lisa feels some sort of life debt to him. Maybe that's why she doesn't ask too much of him?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 14:38   Link #785
Midonin
Last Engage

The discussion in this thread from day one has left me to wonder how people would be reacting to the series if the roles were gender flipped. Because some of the comments are really causing me to raise my eyebrows in an arched and "huh?"-inducing fashion.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 14:49   Link #786
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
If I remember right, she said the upkeep on the house takes most of her income. I can believe that. It's common for aristocracy to be land-rich and cash-poor.

Lisa was adorable in this episode. One thing I can't decide is if she can really communicate with animals or if she was just talking to them like we would.

Luke's little gift at the end showed that he isn't totally oblivious to Lisa's desires. I think the problem has been that she's reluctant to ask more than Luke being a total jerk about her wants. Makes me wonder if Lisa feels some sort of life debt to him. Maybe that's why she doesn't ask too much of him?
Then why didn't he get her that pineapple? Or is he really cash-strapped, too? (Wouldn't surprise me if he's paid mostly in produce.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 15:15   Link #787
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Then why didn't he get her that pineapple? Or is he really cash-strapped, too? (Wouldn't surprise me if he's paid mostly in produce.)
Good point. I had forgotten about that. Um, maybe he doesn't like exotic food?

Your theory about being paid mostly in produce or goods rather than cash sounds likely to me.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2009-11-01, 18:48   Link #788
FuzzyWuzzy

The episodes are starting to get really painful to watch. Nothing in this episode even made any sense. There's no development with any of the characters at all.
What's up with the shopping? Is that like a pitiful attempt to a fanservice?
What's next? A day at the beach?

Would have been better if the anime is targeted for mature viewers like the manga.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 18:52   Link #789
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Would have been better if the anime is targeted for mature viewers like the manga.
Where are these mature viewers?

I'm sure everything's coming from the same label.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 20:08   Link #790
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
The episodes are starting to get really painful to watch. Nothing in this episode even made any sense. There's no development with any of the characters at all.
What? It shows another side of relationship between Lisa and Luke. It shows what kind of things Luke went through. It shows that, after all, house Cambell is not in bankruptcy.

It is irritating for the people who want to see knights in shining armor hacking and slashing their way through the legions of doom, but after seeing how this anime treat magic weapons as people (cute people, at that) i can't have that expectation.

Quote:
What's up with the shopping? Is that like a pitiful attempt to a fanservice?
What's next? A day at the beach?
I wish.

Quote:
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 20:52   Link #791
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
I think the character designs speak for themselves who their target audience has been from the very start. The girls just need to be dressed in modern clothes and they would be right at home in shows like K-ON! I won't even be surprised if the producers will find a way to squeeze in a beach/pool/hot spring episode in there somehow.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 22:45   Link #792
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
What? It shows another side of relationship between Lisa and Luke. It shows what kind of things Luke went through. It shows that, after all, house Cambell is not in bankruptcy.
Not to mention all that information on the nature of the devil's contract. The fact that the devil's contract is naturally written on a person's heart and differs from person to person. The fact that the heart is then extracted to reveal the contract, and the person is forced to read it in order to "sign" the contract. Those are particularly disturbing thoughts to me.

Also wasn't this the first time that an opposite positive contract was mentioned? I forgot what Luke called it. It was what the old woman used it to purify Lisa's well water. Interestingly, Luke said that the positive contract was made of that tama-whatever metal which is the same metal he uses to forge his magical katanas. There has to be a connection there somewhere.

I'd say all in all, for this being an episode about a clothes shopping expedition, there was quite a lot of relevance buried in this seemingly simple episode.

Old 2009-11-02, 01:44   Link #793
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I think the character designs speak for themselves who their target audience has been from the very start. The girls just need to be dressed in modern clothes and they would be right at home in shows like K-ON! I won't even be surprised if the producers will find a way to squeeze in a beach/pool/hot spring episode in there somehow.
LOL!
K-On has 4 female charaters, would Luke....crossdress!?

...it's hard to do something when you don't have time because of work - missing my NEET days
rurupeceaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 02:06   Link #794
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Cecily is lucky this is tsundere Luke we're talking about and not someone like Kazuma Azuma who'll definitely remind her to fulfill her end of the bargain.
Oh god Kazuma would so make her pay for saying something like that. Though he'd just use it to mess with her.

So an episode about how Lisa got those clothes. Well was nice to show how she spends her days which looks pretty exhausting. Also got the information on the Devil Contract which was gruesome. Didn't think it'd be written inside your heart...

Lisa fashion show wasn't bad. Really put her in some unique clothes there. Aria couldn't resist suggesting one for Cecily either .
Old 2009-11-02, 03:32   Link #795
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurupeceaue View Post
LOL!
K-On has 4 female charaters, would Luke....crossdress!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou
The girls just need to be dressed in modern clothes and they would be right at home in shows like K-ON!
No where did I say anything about Luke being in K-ON. What does K-ON having four main female character have anything to do with that anyway? I just said the girls designs would not look out of place in those shows. Btw, your line put a very disturbing image of Luke in drag in my head x_x. Thank you very much.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 03:47   Link #796
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I find it funny how some people were worried Luke would have a harem in this anime. It turns out it's Cecily that has the harem. XD
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 03:54   Link #797
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie

Nice eppie with good character development at last. Not so great as 4th ep., but it was mainly action in that one. So nice to watch Lisa - definitely time not wasted. And we had some unexpected scenes between Lisa and Luke in the end - what's the true nature of their relationship I wonder?

Btw, Fuzzy...
Quote:
There's no development with any of the characters at all.
Just for you - a couple of paragraphs from Characterisation article on Wikipedia:
Quote:
Characterisation is the process of conveying information about characters in narrative or dramatic works of art or everyday conversation. Characters may be presented by means of description, through their actions, speech, or thoughts.

Character development
A well-developed character is one that has been thoroughly characterised, with many traits shown in the narrative. The better the audience knows the character, the better the character development. Thorough characterisation makes characters well-rounded and complex. This allows for a sense of realism. As an example, according to F.R. Leavis, Leo Tolstoy was the creator of some of the most complex and psychologically believable characters in fiction. In contrast, an underdeveloped character is considered flat or stereotypical.

Character development is very important in character-driven literature, where stories focus not on events, but on individual personalities. Classic examples include War and Peace or David Copperfield.

P.S. Still, what a STRANGE pair Luke and Lisa are. Comparing to them, even rookie girl-knight looks nearly normal.
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
- We'd be happy to take a piece.
Natsuru:
- Can you even digest it with your guts hanging out like that?

Last edited by Cyrus17; 2009-11-02 at 05:21. Reason: spelling
Cyrus17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 04:06   Link #798
evil-samurai

Never was expecting anthing from the show, still dont. The breasts joke.. again there lost on me.. >.> I hope they doesn't repeat too much in the coming episodes. Well episode 5 wasn't too bad, we need more Lisa! and less Cecily xD

Well Luke is a Ass no doubt but not an un-likeable ass, as least for now. His gift at the end does win him some points and shows he does care. Plus I dont think Luke does force Lisa to work or push her too hard, he is cold but not heartless.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 04:08   Link #799
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I think the character designs speak for themselves who their target audience has been from the very start. The girls just need to be dressed in modern clothes and they would be right at home in shows like K-ON!
Tbh K-ON! is targeted at older men audience - it's too boring for your normal teenager. But I agree with you on your assessment of Seiken no Blacksmith.
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
- We'd be happy to take a piece.
Natsuru:
- Can you even digest it with your guts hanging out like that?
Cyrus17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 06:20   Link #800
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Having Aki Toyosaki voice Lisa is win. Retarded yet cute voice.

And Cecily, for once, is able to catch quick on the fact that Luke may be a closet lolicon. Either that or Lisa is a brocon. Or it is possible that it works both ways.

Regarding Cecily and Aria's relationship, it should develop in a more intimate way Aria certainly picked the right dress for her. Now if only she acts a little more like Kuroko from Railgun.......

P.S When will Megami publish Cecily in that nightie?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen