AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-23, 05:31   Link #61
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
btw, they're using sprites right? Wouldn't it be easier to use 3D models like what Guilty Gear is doing?
3D models, yes. 3D and making it look like 2D? That stuff ain't easy yo lol

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 08:39   Link #62
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
They should really make a "Light Novel Colosseum" fighting game. Similar to a SNK Colosseum game if you're familiar with it.

It's a game where famous SNK characters duke out each other in a tag-team match setting.

I think something like that is alright, right?

We could see matches like:

Silver Crow V.S. Ise/Sekiryutei

Kirito V.S. Kusanagi Godou

Layfon V.S. Akatsuki

Touma V.S. Shiba Tatsuya

Itsuka Shidou V.S. Kazehaya Kamito

Orimura Ichika V.S. Sakamaki Izayoi

And more LN rooster to face off.

Something like that. But if they are going for such project, they need to make this game, Fighting Climax, a success first.
While the likes of Issei, Itsuka, and Izayoi can be added since they're part of the Kadokawa Group Holdings (they might merge Dengeki Bunko, Fantasia Bunko, and other LN brands at some point), others like Godou and Ichika needs some negotiations from Shueisha and Overlap, respectively.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 13:06   Link #63
TheSix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Before getting ahead of ourselves, it's best to see who is developing it first and whether they have the pedigree to make this more than just a fanservice game.

('Fanservice', in the original sense of the word)
Well, Sega are handling development, and even if they're pretty different within terms of gameplay intricacies, they also published Virtua Fighter: One of the most "competitive" games in 3D fighting, so they probably know how to implement fighting game fundamentals. They also own and designed the Ring Edge 2: The system that almost every arcade fighter nowadays uses and almost definitely what this will be featured on as well, so I'd doubt there'd be much in technical failures. It's not certain, but it's probably in fine hands.
TheSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 16:08   Link #64
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
edit: Also fuck Misaka.

Misaki master race.
I would just like to quote this for emphasis. And er, not just because of the doujins.

Honest.
Old 2013-09-23, 23:29   Link #65
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

main male chara and main female chara
vs
all female chara

hmm, if the first choice, really, Touma is not the best choice to be included in here.... but Yuuji is still acceptable, referring to his ability when he become guze no ou
but really if its all female chara while it is good, but lack of male chara is something.... that I don't really prefer...
I wonder will there be a story mode too for this game lol

there's Lyfa and wilhelmina there... wonder if they can only become support or it's actually a tag battle system...

hope for vita release so that I have more reason to buy vita
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 23:36   Link #66
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kamijou has been in a fighting game before you know...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 23:54   Link #67
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSix View Post
Well, Sega are handling development, and even if they're pretty different within terms of gameplay intricacies, they also published Virtua Fighter: One of the most "competitive" games in 3D fighting, so they probably know how to implement fighting game fundamentals. They also own and designed the Ring Edge 2: The system that almost every arcade fighter nowadays uses and almost definitely what this will be featured on as well, so I'd doubt there'd be much in technical failures. It's not certain, but it's probably in fine hands.
The division that develops the Ring Edge cabinets and AM2(the studio that develops Virtua Fighter) are two completely different Sega departments.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 05:11   Link #68
TheSix

Ah, well that's a problem I guess.

The best thing to do then would probably be just to be patient. At the very least, they're doing loketests for it, like most well made fighting games, so that's a plus.
TheSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 13:30   Link #69
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Sega's fighters are not known for being the most balanced ones. Just look at Hokuto and Sengoku.
But yeah, no game can be balanced on the first try.
Old 2013-09-24, 14:47   Link #70
Rhapsody

Send a message via AIM to Rhapsody Send a message via MSN to Rhapsody Send a message via Yahoo to Rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Sega's fighters are not known for being the most balanced ones. Just look at Hokuto and Sengoku.
For me, I'd put the blame on those two games mostly on ASW. I can't see Sega being just a publisher really hurt the game's balance unless they limited public loketests.
Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 20:36   Link #71
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Both the Hokuto no Ken and Sengoku Basara X fighting games were only published by Sega, and actually developed by Arc System Works of Guilty Gear and BlazBlue fame.

It's not wise to make sweeping generalizations about game companies when they may not be responsible for the development of the game at all. There is a big difference between publishing and developing.
Old 2013-09-24, 21:29   Link #72
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
I'm aware they're different things, but I just used the term more broadly because they're notable examples.
Old 2013-09-24, 22:19   Link #73
Rhapsody

Send a message via AIM to Rhapsody Send a message via MSN to Rhapsody Send a message via Yahoo to Rhapsody
That might've been a tad too broad to be proper examples then. XD

I'm still waiting to hear who's the developing team though. Luckily from even just that short footage, I like what I see. The sprites look nice and I don't see any long amounts of hit stop for now.
Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 22:44   Link #74
Shadow5YA

The only fighting game franchise that Sega has developed is Virtua Fighter, which is a 3D fighter in the same vein as the Soul Calibur franchise.

Calling Sengoku Basara X and Hokuto no Ken Sega games is like saying Bayonetta PS3 is a Sega game. (Bayonetta is made by Platinum Games)
Old 2013-09-28, 01:31   Link #75
Rias

Coming to... 3DS!?

http://www.sega.jp/topics/130925_2/

scroll down to the bottom to the product description and you'll see the regular "3ds is a trademark of Nintendo" statement.

If it's not a typo, then I don't know what they are thinking about.
Old 2013-09-29, 02:12   Link #76
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post

Orimura Ichika V.S. Sakamaki Izayoi
Spoiler for ...:

Jokes aside is there any other character revealed thus far besides Shana and Asuna?
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 06:47   Link #77
TheSix

No. There's a loketest on the sixth in which they intend to reveal more.
Old 2013-09-29, 11:36   Link #78
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Jokes aside is there any other character revealed thus far besides Shana and Asuna?
Wilhelmina and Lyfa ?
Old 2013-09-30, 23:53   Link #79
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kadokawa Games, Dengeki launch new game countdown site

Quote:
Kadokawa Games and Dengeki Bunko have launched a countdown site for a new game in commemoration of the publication’s 20th anniversary.

The site currenty has a countdown for 133 hours, or five days and 13 hours. All signs point to a reveal at this weekend’s Dengeki Bunko Fall Festival.

Another Dengeki Bunko project, a Sega-developed fighting game called Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, will also be at the festival.
Old 2013-10-01, 10:07   Link #80
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Sounds to me that they're really hyped about this upcoming showcasing in a few days. All the better because I'm interested to see how this will turn out. Hope to see new characters.

Tags
dengeki bunko, ps vita, ps3