Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-03, 07:49   Link #81
ragweed
woah woah!

Quote:
Like some fans (fans of the original) might get to like some of the acting
^_^; yeah.. i complain now but I'll probably become so used to it I wont care anymore.

Well, i guess the big fox Upickit is tomorrow then? (for me anyway)
Old 2004-09-03, 13:10   Link #82
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, for me. The same thing happened to Pokemon. Like at first I didn't like the fact that 4Kids picked up (and that Bandai were the ones). But now, I don't care anymore and I still watch Pokemon to this day. Though, I can't say the same for Yu Gi Oh .
Old 2004-09-04, 10:32   Link #83
Raricarnia

Send a message via AIM to Raricarnia
i was kinda looking forward to watching the horribly dubbed one piece, but F-Zero
won....
Old 2004-09-04, 12:29   Link #84
roanhammer

Luffy's non-speaking voice sounded exactly the same as his Japanese seiyuu, to me. What in God's name happened to Zoro?
The thing that was really annonying is the mispronunciation of the simple phrase, "One Piece". How hard is it to say that, as in, "I have one piece of candy"? Why on earth would you want to stress the "One"?

All that I can tell now is that One Piece will not remain in "one piece".
Old 2004-09-04, 15:45   Link #85
Kouji
StrykerX

Well hey, what'd you expect from an amateur-ish dub company eh?
Old 2004-09-06, 14:55   Link #86
hooliganj
Team Player

Nami's voice was in the Fox Box special this weekend, but for the life of me I can't place it. Samantha Smith has an impressive TV resume, but has she done any anime voice work before?
Old 2004-09-07, 01:06   Link #87
Kouji
StrykerX

Who knows, one thing to find out is to watch this weekend. When dare I say it, that One Piece comes on. But I know that when some of you guys watch it, you will certainly no doubt not like what 4Kids did to this version of the anime.
Old 2004-09-07, 08:29   Link #88
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by roanhammer
Luffy's non-speaking voice sounded exactly the same as his Japanese seiyuu, to me. What in God's name happened to Zoro?
What? You didn't hear? They decided at the last second to make Zorro sound like Wolveriene AND a serial rapist. After all, think of the possiblities! I can see it now:

"My name is Zorro. You got a prob with that, bub? Excuse me as I need to sexually mistreat this woman."

Quote:
The thing that was really annonying is the mispronunciation of the simple phrase, "One Piece". How hard is it to say that, as in, "I have one piece of candy"? Why on earth would you want to stress the "One"?
Oh, you mean it's like:

ONE Piece

I got a feeling they hate the word piece or they just love exagerating and yelling the first word for every anime.

Quote:
All that I can tell now is that One Piece will not remain in "one piece".
You've just had to end that post with a lame word play joke, didn't you? Well I say that's not "punny".[/just as bad/worse wordplay]

Anyway I might watch it when it's on again so I can tell the horrors of yet another 4Kids dub. After all, I made it out alive through Yu-Gi-Oh!
Old 2004-09-07, 12:40   Link #89
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
What? You didn't hear? They decided at the last second to make Zorro sound like Wolveriene AND a serial rapist. After all, think of the possiblities! I can see it now:

"My name is Zorro. You got a prob with that, bub? Excuse me as I need to sexually mistreat this woman."
Again, I hate to spoil a good hate-on, but that's pretty much what Zoro sounds like in Japanese. He's a total punk and more than a little mysoginist, and although I don't think he'd ever mistreat a woman like that, I didn't get that impression from his rough, low-pitched voice. I thought his English voice was just bland, but if they managed to give you that impression, then once again it's a spot-on casting.

Maybe this'll turn out alright after all.
Old 2004-09-07, 22:52   Link #90
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
You've just had to end that post with a lame word play joke, didn't you? Well I say that's not "punny".[/just as bad/worse wordplay]

Anyway I might watch it when it's on again so I can tell the horrors of yet another 4Kids dub. After all, I made it out alive through Yu-Gi-Oh!
This reminds me like the "American Idol" of animes. Whereas we're like Simon and judge 4Kids really harshly. And 4Kids is like the person that sings really badly .
Old 2004-09-08, 23:02   Link #91
importkid

Send a message via AIM to importkid
how cooooooooooooooooooo
Old 2004-09-09, 01:45   Link #92
Kouji
StrykerX

What's that supposed to mean? Or did you respond to my comment?
Old 2004-09-09, 16:33   Link #93
TheGamerJake

Well, I have to agree I wanted to shoot myself when I heard the Voice acting for Luffy.....its just....Ugh...

Zoro's Voice acting I actually think is ok, except when he says "I use 3 swords" He kinda has a Lisp which I hope he doesnt have throughout the show...

Anyways....Im at least glad that One Piece has been brought over for one reason....and thats the video games.....we might now see releases of the Gamecube Game or even the GBA Games....and thats good at least....I already know they have a One Piece game scheduled for the Nintendo DS *About the only reason im getting the DS*
Old 2004-09-09, 17:37   Link #94
Kouji
StrykerX

But, at least Naruto hasn't been touched by this amateur-ish dub. So that's gotta be a good think. And I know that fans would agree as well
Old 2004-09-09, 18:45   Link #95
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Why am I the only one excited about the premiere? My friend and I are going wake ourselves up around 9 to catch it, the dubs were hailrious, even though funny, I didn't see them as amazingly horrible, I thought it was pretty decent, but this will be definitely one of the best reasons to wake up early on saturdays for. I can't wait to see how watered down the rest of the show is.
Old 2004-09-09, 21:26   Link #96
ragweed
woah woah!

Quote:
My friend and I are going wake ourselves up around 9 to catch it,
Me too! I virtually lost all interest in watching anything on saturdays except YGO and SK. Although one piece comes on at 8:30 for me.
Old 2004-09-10, 00:50   Link #97
Kouji
StrykerX

Hmm, does yours come on the same time as mine? Because I live on the pacific.
Old 2004-09-10, 13:33   Link #98
ragweed
woah woah!

I live in Central time =) They're the same, right?
Old 2004-09-10, 14:48   Link #99
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, no. Mine is a bit earlier. It airs at 9:30. Whereas yours, it comes at 10:30.
Old 2004-09-12, 08:20   Link #100
michiru

I want to ask 4kids how they treat the captain smoker.
Closed Thread