AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week's episode?
* 2 1.56%
** 3 2.34%
*** 28 21.88%
**** 69 53.91%
***** 26 20.31%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-21, 19:50   Link #241
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku
episode timeline hypothesis:
Besides the fact they you need to include spoiler tags...

Quote:
ep16- the beginning of the battling part of the exam. Arika loses and stays as coral. More plotting/scheming by nagi, carthyia (sp?), aswald, etc
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-21, 20:18   Link #242
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

was that a real comment or sarcasm? That was my 1st post. Im just making assumptions based on the fact that we've barely had any action at all

Action:
ep1- 1st slave appears. Slave vs Nina & later slave vs The Graceful Amethyst Shizuru Meister Shizuru Viola. Good sized fight.
ep3- Arika vs Nina. Rado vs Shizuru. small fight.

Fast forward to ep6- Pool Monster vs Nao. decent size, but really now....

Episode 7: Best fight of the series and my fav ep. They should have more of these fights and Arika in her meister robe, but over 7eps later...nothing.

ep9- minor fight. Arika vs Aswald member. Not really a fight...
ep10- Midori vs Haruka & Shizuru. Decent fight.

Fast Forward ep13- Akane vs Slave .v2 (3min long fight). Massive otome fight fakeout
ep14- massive meister otome fight tease/fakeout/bait n switch.

Out of those 6-ish fights there are like 3 good ones. The rest: Crap. Crap I say! The character development is great and all, but they have been rationing out the action scenes. So unless they start soon, its going to be too late.
Old 2006-01-21, 20:21   Link #243
Eclipze

Quote:
was that a real comment or sarcasm? That was my 1st post. Im just making assumptions based on the fact that we've barely had any action at all
Real comment. Because:
A) from the episode "summary" you listed, I presume that you went and read the future episodes threads.
b) From that thread (future episode synophis(sp?), it was said that:
Spoiler:

Lastly, even if its just your "predicton", can you put spoiler tags around it? This thread is only for episode 15, not 16,17,18,19, 20-26.
Old 2006-01-21, 20:27   Link #244
Mich666

Almost it looks like we will have 13 eps addon... ^^ to final number of 39... No way I can imagine now the series is going to end in 10 eps...
Old 2006-01-21, 20:37   Link #245
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Real comment. Because:
A) from the episode "summary" you listed, I presume that you went and read the future episodes threads.
b) From that thread (future episode synophis(sp?), it was said that:
Spoiler:

Lastly, even if its just your "predicton", can you put spoiler tags around it? This thread is only for episode 15, not 16,17,18,19, 20-26.
Oh no its not spoiler. I havent read any manga nor do i have info on future episodes. Im just making assumptions based on past events. I will put spoiler tags in the future if its required.

I guess I could've just said "Seeing as the series hasnt had much action so far, I doubt theyll get into serious action/fighting til the last 4-6 episodes (if we're lucky)." There. Thats better.
Old 2006-01-21, 20:56   Link #246
Eclipze

Quote:
Oh no its not spoiler. I havent read any manga nor do i have info on future episodes. Im just making assumptions based on past events. I will put spoiler tags in the future if its required.

I guess I could've just said "Seeing as the series hasnt had much action so far, I doubt theyll get into serious action/fighting til the last 4-6 episodes (if we're lucky)." There. Thats better.
Well, just a word of caution:

The last time I put up my "assumption", this:
Spoiler for Bleach filler:

Ended up in:
Spoiler for certain mod comment:

As ironic as it seems, the entire post was deleted (1 line post), the trace of the post was also gone (like it never existed), and it took a PM to allow that particular mod to understand the difference between:
Spoiler:

The mod used the latter as the reason as to why I was banned.

Its stupid.

On-topic: I guess the focus on Erstin "might" mean certain death for her, though it seems weird since next episode isn't even at the
Spoiler:

Last edited by Eclipze; 2006-01-21 at 21:09.
Old 2006-01-21, 22:17   Link #247
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

By that standard, any "I think X will happen In series B" type post has to be put in spoiler tags. That cant be right. Anyhoo... no need risking it seeing as Im new. So back on topic...

I doubt thats the case with Ers. Its more likely that....
Spoiler:

Unless...
Spoiler:

Or...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-21, 22:40   Link #248
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

It's pretty much a plot episode, no action yet, but still very enjoyable.

Mai-Otome 15 out by Doremi-fansubs.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-01-21, 23:11   Link #249
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
It's pretty much a plot episode, no action yet, but still very enjoyable.

Mai-Otome 15 out by Doremi-fansubs.
Its gonna take awhile....15 seeders, 828 DLs, and the link to Doremi's torrent link is not working...

PS: managed to direct-link to the torrent via another site.
Old 2006-01-21, 23:33   Link #250
Naked Fish
Wench, but not incestous

Send a message via MSN to Naked Fish
Quote:
Yes and no. Like I said, it was pretty much 30-50% negetive comments ever since the whole (ArikaXSergey crush) thing started.
That is true. As of late more people have been getting a little disgruntled than before, but although I too was (still am) fairly disgusted by the thought of Sergey returning her feelings, I never really cared enough about the characters to say anything about it. Especially because I didn't think he would go all pedo on us.

Quote:
Other than that, all the characters are reused (except or Tate, who seem to be replaced by Sergey.). Most keep their personalities, except Mashiro.
Exactly the reason I believe too much time has been spent on character development in which Matrim accurately called a boring fashion. If the character development had been more interesting, and no, that does not need explosions and death and torture and so on, then I would not be fed up in the least. So many of these characters have profoundly similar personalities to their MH counterparts, with a few tweaks here and there (eg. Natsuki was more badass). 15 episodes in and we are still seeing them develop? We already know half the cast. The new ones don't need so much time.

Quote:
Personally, I wonder if this point can be counted or not. Well planned in what aspect? Perhaps because the "main plot" isn't in line yet, so thats what you dislike about the series?
I'm a little confused on what you mean here, so I apologise in advance if my answer makes absolutely no sense to you. I absolutely love MH to death, every single episode (although the cooking episode was kind of irritating). But it didn't look like it was planned too well towards the end of the series, namely episode 26. It felt rushed. Still one of my favourite series, though.

But you hit the nail on the head. I do not like the fact that the main plot isn't in line yet, or rather, things are taking their time to move on a larger scale. Most of all, I don't want Otome being squeezed like HiME had to be in the last episode. Granted, with how it's been going, nothing Otome does from now on can make it as good as HiME to me (my personal opinion) because it's just taken too long. But that doesn't mean it can't be good at all.

Quote:
A recommandation: watch Hell Girl(japanese name escapes me for now). People go to hell(for good, in the permanent sense) every episode if you truely enjoy seeing people "die".
I will check this series out, then. But, I don't enjoy seeing people die every episode, much less enjoy even thinking about hell. I don't just watch shows because people die. I watched and loved Haibane Renmei. There's one heck of a lack of violence in that series. I will look this Hell Girl up though anyway, thanks.
Old 2006-01-21, 23:37   Link #251
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Fish
Exactly the reason I believe too much time has been spent on character development in which Matrim accurately called a boring fashion. If the character development had been more interesting, and no, that does not need explosions and death and torture and so on, then I would not be fed up in the least. So many of these characters have profoundly similar personalities to their MH counterparts, with a few tweaks here and there (eg. Natsuki was more badass). 15 episodes in and we are still seeing them develop? We already know half the cast. The new ones don't need so much time.
One thing though, is that the new cast are the ones being developed (A bit of Erstin, abit of Nina and more on Arika).

I will agree that its taking a bit more time than it should.
Old 2006-01-21, 23:49   Link #252
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Just to clarify, the 'Hell Girl' series is Jigoku Shoujo. ^^

As for Otome, c'mon, let's give Sunrise a lil room to run. This is Otome, not HiME - what goes down here has more drastic consequenes than in HiME where only the girls and those close to them were affected. Here, Otome go to war for their entire country and entire cities and towns can be wiped out in a single battle between two women.

Otome is similiar to HiME but it is also different - different situations, different story, logically different pacing. We all know that. It's not that the characters are being developed, just that more of their core personalities are being shown in different situations. It won't take very much to have everything come crashing down in Otome, just 2-3 eps and BOOm - anarchy. It's only ep 15, they got 11 more coming. If anything, the first real drop on this steep rollercoaster is going to be a doozy. I can't wait. ^_^
Old 2006-01-21, 23:56   Link #253
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Just to clarify, the 'Hell Girl' series is Jigoku Shoujo. ^^

As for Otome, c'mon, let's give Sunrise a lil room to run. This is Otome, not HiME - what goes down here has more drastic consequenes than in HiME where only the girls and those close to them were affected. Here, Otome go to war for their entire country and entire cities and towns can be wiped out in a single battle between two women.

Otome is similiar to HiME but it is also different - different situations, different story, logically different pacing. We all know that. It's not that the characters are being developed, just that more of their core personalities are being shown in different situations. It won't take very much to have everything come crashing down in Otome, just 2-3 eps and BOOm - anarchy. It's only ep 15, they got 11 more coming. If anything, the first real drop on this steep rollercoaster is going to be a doozy. I can't wait. ^_^
Thats the thing: the entire situation in MO and MH is completely different. But people expect the same kind of vibe that Hime gives, which in a way, is not that good of a decision...
Old 2006-01-21, 23:56   Link #254
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
I beg to differ. Supposedly the Obsidian Lord controlled all distasters and such in Japan at least. The successful execution of the festival affected at least an entire island nation. Since the Obsidian Lord was destroyed... natural distasters ended up becoming random or something. So uhm, yeah, hime's affected many people.
Old 2006-01-22, 00:20   Link #255
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

For some reason, I enjoyed this ep. a lot.
I wish they had shown Nagi's order prior to the "kiss" though, as that would've added even more suspense.

Unfortunately, it's still not clear whether or not Arika has completely gotten over her crush on Sergay.
Knowing her, however, she's not likely to give up, whether it's her dream or anything else.
And judging by how easily she "forgives" Miya, she most likely won't hold a grudge against Sergay for long, if at all.

And even if she does get over it, she might change her mind again after realizing Sergay's true intentions.
Not to mention the fact that he's been supporting her all along, even though it's for the wrong reason.

And of course, it's soo Sunrise to set up a bitter fight between Arika and Nina, a.k.a. Mai vs. Shiho II.

------------------------------------------

As for the mai-butos's, Arika will get to the final fight against Nina, obviously.
Although a bitter fight against Tomoe on her way to challenging Nina would be interesting.

Since the final fight will be held later in public, I don't think it'll happen in ep. 16.
As for who will win, I guess it'll be Nina.
It's still too early for Arika to beat Nina.

Btw, it's NOT necessary to get to the final fight to become Pearls.
But those who get there will be guaranteed a spot in the Pearl class.
Although each girls' performance in these mai-butou's will obviously affect their chances at getting into the Pearl class.

One more thing, I don't think there's such a thing as repeating in Garderobe.
Any Coral who can't get a spot in the Pearl class will have to leave to make room for new students.
Old 2006-01-22, 00:35   Link #256
Ronbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon
For some reason, I enjoyed this ep. a lot.
I wish they had shown Nagi's order prior to the "kiss" though, as that would've added even more suspense.
If you're reffering to Nagi's letter to Sergey, then they did!
It was when Sergey was sitting on the bench waiting for Arika when we first got to see what the letter said.
Old 2006-01-22, 00:41   Link #257
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbo
If you're reffering to Nagi's letter to Sergey, then they did!
It was when Sergey was sitting on the bench waiting for Arika when we first got to see what the letter said.
Well, I can't read barely legible handwriting like that...
Although others with better eyes and word guessing skills might.

I'm talking about the scene when the letter's content is read out loud for the audience.
I wish they would put that scene up front.
Old 2006-01-22, 00:46   Link #258
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
1st post

I dont think MO will have a lot of action. I dare say we'll be lucky if we get 6 action packed episodes.

episode timeline hypothesis:
ep16- the beginning of the battling part of the exam. Arika loses and stays as coral. More plotting/scheming by nagi, carthyia (sp?), aswald, etc

ep17- Exam continues while countries and other factions continue positioning themselves for the inevitable. Galderode keeps a watchful eye on situation.

ep18- Exam takes backseat while Nagi & co take center stage. Near end of episode Nagi (or someone else) makes their move. Continued Arika/Mashiro friendship development

ep19- Crap starts hitting the fan. Exam cancelled. Skirmishes occur. Everyone makes their moves. Galderobe tries to intervene. Mashiro accepts Arika as her Otome & vice versa.

ep20- Galderobe tries to play peacemaker, but fails and the crap really hits the fan. All out war breaks out.

Eps 21-26- The Mashiro-Arika master/otome relationship openly revealed. Action packed 4-5 episodes, aftermath. End credits

Thats if we're lucky. Its possible there are less action packed episodes. They might even defer to an ova...
Sorry to break it to you... Your hypotheses are wrong.
Old 2006-01-22, 02:10   Link #259
GracefulAmethyst
Meister Otome Arika

Send a message via AIM to GracefulAmethyst Send a message via MSN to GracefulAmethyst Send a message via Yahoo to GracefulAmethyst
Red face Arika X Sergay

just finished watching Mai otome ep 15 .. Aww Sergei i love you.. and wth Nao calling him old man hes freaking 23/24 or less cause he adopted Nina when he was 19 . now i konw Sergey must have feelings for arika.. it ws reassuring that talk on the couch.. he's hurt.. also he say shes the same age as nina but.. you know that gives you a hint hes thinknig about her in way he finds a bit strange since she so young ... i SUport ArikaXSergay!

P.s i hate that Tomoe Whore... I hate her hypocrites Arse with a passion.. lol Mashiro/Arika BACk in ActioN yay!
Old 2006-01-22, 02:21   Link #260
SANITY

TOMOE so cool, so evil, so determined, so manipulative, so uncaring, so mentally unbalanced, so unaware that she's going straight to hell.

what is te hthing between her and miya, did miya make the mistake of confessing her love to tomoe, only to have it turn into blackmail?
whatever it is tomoe is bad.

poor miya, now i feel bad about making all those forhead cracks.