AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-01-28, 06:24   Link #6001
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Well, I'll say that there is also a lot of other inaccuracies in many other areas other than Tigre's archery skills, and that would also be said about their use of other war equipment and personnel, as well as the fact that war in those days was not fought in on-field battles as often as town and stronghold sieges were.

Here is a rather enlightening youtube channel about such things, and why Hollywood (and other places that do movies and TV shows) gets it totally wrong with works set in those time periods. Things like the use of torches, and why they were actually rather rare, for example. So many interesting points about various medieval armors and weapon use. If story writers (as well as film directers and producers) actually did this kind of homework and had some ancient war reenactment experience, many works set into those times would be a lot more realistic.

The channel's trailer should give you a nice quick overview.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-01-28, 06:28   Link #6002
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

The lances the knights use in the anime would be one of the most atrocious inaccuracies.Knights do NOT use lances like those in battles.They only use them in tournaments.This is because they are designed to break easily in them.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-28, 07:31   Link #6003
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Well, if we're gonna get nitpicky about all the inaccuracies then one of the most noticeable is that most of the soldiers shouldn't even be in shiny stylish fullplate mail since they were expensive & is most likely covered in dust & piss even before battle since they weren't easy exactly to remove.

Anywho, It it most likely that this will end up going for the Harem route considering all the clues but the path to it might be interesting or amusing enough. I wonder if he'll end up uniting all the Vanadis under him or officially marry Regin first.

I guess it depends on what future incidences he gets pulled into. More likely a demon orchestrated world wide calamity of sorts, nothing unites humankind like common threat.
Old 2015-01-28, 07:41   Link #6004
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Well, if we're gonna get nitpicky about all the inaccuracies then one of the most noticeable is that most of the soldiers shouldn't even be in shiny stylish fullplate mail since they were expensive & is most likely covered in dust & piss even before battle since they weren't easy exactly to remove.

Anywho, It it most likely that this will end up going for the Harem route considering all the clues but the path to it might be interesting or amusing enough. I wonder if he'll end up uniting all the Vanadis under him or officially marry Regin first.

I guess it depends on what future incidences he gets pulled into. More likely a demon orchestrated world wide calamity of sorts, nothing unites humankind like common threat.
Well,towards the end of the medieval period,which was when plate armour was invented,plate armour was mass produced much cheaply and were commonly worn by grunts.
Old 2015-01-28, 09:14   Link #6005
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Well,towards the end of the medieval period,which was when plate armour was invented,plate armour was mass produced much cheaply and were commonly worn by grunts.
The also did not have teenaged girls wearing skimpy outfits and wielding magical weapons a commanders, dragons did not exist, demons did not exist, etc.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-28, 09:26   Link #6006
ImperialFlameGod8190

This whole debate is fine about the legitimacy of the arrows but lets remember what Madan No Ou is really about. (and its not big boobs and battles)
Its about fighting for what you care for. That class isnt everything. That even in a bad situation if you keep a calm head you can still recover. The importance of bonds and how those bonds make you stronger. If you ignore the fanservice which is hard Madan no Ou has some great lessons. Think about it. Tigre is the complete opposite of what one would call a knight but he's somehow gained the respect of many from determination and grit. The fact he does it with a bow when his own country shuns on him is to be respected. All the real life logic aside look at what Tigre did and what he proved. Thats the true takeaway

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-28, 12:23   Link #6007
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
This whole debate is fine about the legitimacy of the arrows but lets remember what Madan No Ou is really about. (and its not big boobs and battles)
Its about fighting for what you care for. That class isnt everything. That even in a bad situation if you keep a calm head you can still recover. The importance of bonds and how those bonds make you stronger. If you ignore the fanservice which is hard Madan no Ou has some great lessons. Think about it. Tigre is the complete opposite of what one would call a knight but he's somehow gained the respect of many from determination and grit. The fact he does it with a bow when his own country shuns on him is to be respected. All the real life logic aside look at what Tigre did and what he proved. Thats the true takeaway
TIL I like Madan because it's about love and friendship, which is not an element in any other series ever.
Old 2015-01-28, 12:36   Link #6008
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
TIL I like Madan because it's about love and friendship, which is not an element in any other series ever.
Doesn't that happen in almost every shounen manga series with all the Nakama powerup bs?
Old 2015-01-28, 13:22   Link #6009
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Doesn't that happen in almost every shounen manga series with all the Nakama powerup bs?
Yes yes it does. The big 4 (Naruto Bleach OP Fairy Tail) all rely on that

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2015-01-28, 13:33   Link #6010
Hiyono

My point was rather that everything uses that (read: sarcasm), so it can hardly be the distinguishing factor that makes this series in particular enjoyable.
Old 2015-01-29, 19:05   Link #6011
Armando99

Quote:

I have to disagree with you somewhat. Tigre is the opposite of what you would call a knight? I hope you meant the opposite because most of his actions reflect that of a true knight. A true knight is judged by his actions rather than words. Yes his weapon might not be atypical but I think that is a minor point considering the results from his use of it.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 20:10   Link #6012
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
I have to disagree with you somewhat. Tigre is the opposite of what you would call a knight? I hope you meant the opposite because most of his actions reflect that of a true knight. A true knight is judged by his actions rather than words. Yes his weapon might not be atypical but I think that is a minor point considering the results from his use of it.
Then you do slightly misunderstand my point. My point is that before the series started Tigre is hardly what one would consider a knight appearance wise and weapon wise but he's come as far as he has because he has a good heart and fights like a knight.

Old 2015-01-29, 22:14   Link #6013
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

I assumed Tigre must have been knighted somewhere in the past when he became an earl.
Old 2015-01-29, 23:00   Link #6014
Hiyono

Quote:
Then you do slightly misunderstand my point. My point is that before the series started Tigre is hardly what one would consider a knight appearance wise and weapon wise but he's come as far as he has because he has a good heart and fights like a knight.
Quote:
I assumed Tigre must have been knighted somewhere in the past when he became an earl.
Old 2015-01-29, 23:29   Link #6015
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
What?!All nobles at the same the rank or above of baron would have been knighted regardless of whether they have the aptitude when they come of age since they are supposed to be the lord of a number of knights.
Old 2015-01-29, 23:38   Link #6016
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
(and its not big boobs and battles)
dam, that's what I was guessing to. JK.
Old 2015-01-30, 21:41   Link #6017
dragon213

anyone who have heard anything about volume 11?

Also the distance between Ellen and Tigre did get smaller at the end of volume 10 right? You could see even during the time that he had lost his memories that Ellen seemed to hold a special place in his heart and after he regained his memories while he didn't say it so anyone could hear it so did he admit that he didn't want to get seperated from Ellen, which is a hint that he love her like she love him.
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 21:57   Link #6018
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon213 View Post
anyone who have heard anything about volume 11?
Dated for March 25.
Old 2015-01-30, 22:02   Link #6019
dragon213

Quote:
Dated for March 25.
7 days after my birthday huh? would have been a nice present if it came out on it but it's fine anyway
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 22:14   Link #6020
Newhope

Quote:
IRL not all nobles where knights.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)