AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-05-01, 01:10   Link #6521
Armando99

All these discussion about the harem and the Vanadis at this time is quite moot. We seem to have forgotten the Vanadis cannot be with Tigre (marry) because of the difference in their status plus there seems to be something else that is preventing them from being with Tigre.

Given the current situation, Regin, Lim and Titta, yes I said Titta, are the only one's in the running to be the waifu.

It may change in the future but nothing is definite yet.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 08:17   Link #6522
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon213 View Post
I think that Titta might be aware that she will never be more than a sister in his eyes, what do you think?
She just should be more lascivious, but that is not really her character. Maybe Tigre will someday understand what she wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
Given the current situation, Regin, Lim and Titta, yes I said Titta, are the only one's in the running to be the waifu.
Sounds like a good start to me

What´s the answer to everything ?

Last edited by Estzero1; 2015-05-01 at 11:39.
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 08:47   Link #6523
SeaDam

Quote:
All these discussion about the harem and the Vanadis at this time is quite moot. We seem to have forgotten the Vanadis cannot be with Tigre (marry) because of the difference in their status plus there seems to be something else that is preventing them from being with Tigre.

It may change in the future but nothing is definite yet.
Given Tigre's current social status, I agree completely.
SeaDam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 08:58   Link #6524
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDam View Post
Given Tigre's current social status, I agree completely.
You are forgetting that kings all started out as chieftains who came to power through martial dominance, and then passed down leadership through inheritance. Also, the Title "Knight of Moonlight" or whatever that the king of Brune gave Tigre is effectively a tacit approval of Tigre to marry Regin, which would give him status.

Also, if the Vanadis decided to support Tigre, and teamed up, who the hell could stop them? That's basically the whole reason why generations of Zchtedian Kings have sought to reduce the Vanadis' power and influence, instead of trusting in their loyalty to the crown.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 10:15   Link #6525
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post
You are forgetting that kings all started out as chieftains who came to power through martial dominance, and then passed down leadership through inheritance. Also, the Title "Knight of Moonlight" or whatever that the king of Brune gave Tigre is effectively a tacit approval of Tigre to marry Regin, which would give him status.

Also, if the Vanadis decided to support Tigre, and teamed up, who the hell could stop them? That's basically the whole reason why generations of Zchtedian Kings have sought to reduce the Vanadis' power and influence, instead of trusting in their loyalty to the crown.
pretty much this. the difference in status is becoming more and more moot. the story is clearly setting up a harem end with the vanadis (as if it being semi based on an old folklore about a king with seven queens didn't make that clear enough). all this is ignoring the fact that tigre shows more interest in being with ellen and the vanadis. it's not a matter of if at this point but simply when and how.

and the status difference applies to regin as well, volume 6 mentioned the lords trying to marry tigre off because they wouldn't approve of him being with regin.

@dragon, you have a point about teita as i too think he would more likely have lim as a lover at this point, but things can change. however, the longer she remains passive about her feelings(she could learn a thing or two from asia from dxd lol), the wider the gap between her and the other harem members will get.

Last edited by KnightShade; 2015-05-01 at 10:26.
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 12:50   Link #6526
SeaDam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post

As things are now, social status is an impediment to the Vanadis. They have said so themselves. Olga said if not for status she would marry Tigre. It's what is stopping Sofy. The others haven't even reached the stage that they can admit to having romantic feelings, much less ignore the difference in status. Regin obviously is beyond all of them in needing Tigre to the point of ignoring the difficulties.
SeaDam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 13:18   Link #6527
sasoras

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDam View Post
As things are now, social status is an impediment to the Vanadis. They have said so themselves. Olga said if not for status she would marry Tigre. It's what is stopping Sofy. The others haven't even reached the stage that they can admit to having romantic feelings, much less ignore the difference in status. Regin obviously is beyond all of them in needing Tigre to the point of ignoring the difficulties.
Territories and titles can be bestowed on him, so it's not really a difficulty as he has the necessary achievements, the problem lies in Tigre not accepting them when he was offered.

As for the moonlight knight thing, don't know enough about the title aside from the fact it was the most distinguished title in the history of brune kingdom, back in ancient days, where the last title holder married the princess and became king.

Although how that plays into present Brune is up in air.

Last edited by sasoras; 2015-05-01 at 13:35.
sasoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 13:38   Link #6528
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
What's impeding Tigre to marry any of the Vanadis is not social status, but the fact that they're from different countries, and have their positions to maintain. If Tigre were to have the same status in Zhcted as he has in Brune, it would more than qualify him to marry any of the Vanadis.

Tigre not only is a General of Brune, and a hero too, but even have the "Knight of Moonlight" title, which allows him to marry the Queen and inherit the throne. Heck, there's even the Star Shooter title he received from Muozinel, if that counts for anything that is....
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 13:42   Link #6529
sasoras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
What's impeding Tigre to marry any of the Vanadis is not social status, but the fact that they're from different countries, and have their positions to maintain. If Tigre were to have the same status in Zhcted as he has in Brune, it would more than qualify him to marry any of the Vanadis.

Tigre not only is a General of Brune, and a hero too, but even have the "Knight of Moonlight" title, which allows him to marry the Queen and inherit the throne. Heck, there's even the Star Shooter title he received from Muozinel, if that counts for anything that is....
so heres hoping for a Muozinel princess?
sasoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 17:22   Link #6530
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

With regards to all this talk about pairings, there is another thing that must be considered involving Tigre marrying a Vanadis (if this does happen, most likely Elen), is that there might not be so socially opposed, as it might be used to cement an alliance between Zchted and Brune. And, as an added bonus, for once the involved parties are actually attracted to each other.

Also, there is always the possibility that he simply ends up as one of the Vanadis' lover, I mean, it was not uncommon for medieval nobility to have clandestine affairs. Given Tigre's status, this might actually be the most Titta could hope for- she is maid, Tigre is now high ranking noble- high-ranking nobles would not marry their maids- if they were interested in them. Of course Tigre just sees Titta as a sister for now, so she'd have to let him know she's interested and hope he'd reciprocate.

That said, with regard to issues with marriage and sexuality, I think Zchted might be a bit more enlightened about it than actual medieval Europe, given the provocative nature of the Vanadis regalia (That said, it could have just been something the Dragon King who married the original Vanadis was into, or it could be intended to the distract male opponents). Still, I suspect premarital sex may be frowned upon by the religious powers that be, but nonetheless tacitly condoned among the nobility.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 18:32   Link #6531
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
With regards to all this talk about pairings, there is another thing that must be considered involving Tigre marrying a Vanadis (if this does happen, most likely Elen), is that there might not be so socially opposed, as it might be used to cement an alliance between Zchted and Brune. And, as an added bonus, for once the involved parties are actually attracted to each other.

Also, there is always the possibility that he simply ends up as one of the Vanadis' lover, I mean, it was not uncommon for medieval nobility to have clandestine affairs. Given Tigre's status, this might actually be the most Titta could hope for- she is maid, Tigre is now high ranking noble- high-ranking nobles would not marry their maids- if they were interested in them. Of course Tigre just sees Titta as a sister for now, so she'd have to let him know she's interested and hope he'd reciprocate.

That said, with regard to issues with marriage and sexuality, I think Zchted might be a bit more enlightened about it than actual medieval Europe, given the provocative nature of the Vanadis regalia (That said, it could have just been something the Dragon King who married the original Vanadis was into, or it could be intended to the distract male opponents). Still, I suspect premarital sex may be frowned upon by the religious powers that be, but nonetheless tacitly condoned among the nobility.
First of all, there is an alliance between Zchred and Brune that is in now in effect. One bad aspect of an alliance is that either party can cancel the alliance whenever they feel like it.

High ranking nobles might not marry their maids, in real life, but this is a story. This is subject to the whim and intention of the author.

This novel, so far, has not been sexually oriented from the start. There are some flirting and maybe insinuations but the story revolves more around personal relationships, character build up and yes conflict.

This is why it is such a delight to read as well as discussing it in the thread. imo
Old 2015-05-02, 23:31   Link #6532
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
First of all, there is an alliance between Zchred and Brune that is in now in effect. One bad aspect of an alliance is that either party can cancel the alliance whenever they feel like it.

High ranking nobles might not marry their maids, in real life, but this is a story. This is subject to the whim and intention of the author.

This novel, so far, has not been sexually oriented from the start. There are some flirting and maybe insinuations but the story revolves more around personal relationships, character build up and yes conflict.

This is why it is such a delight to read as well as discussing it in the thread. imo
Obviously, Vanadis implies several pairings involving Tigre, but directly confirms none of them, rather having him develop a rather flirtatious friendship with all of them bar Sasha and (thus far) Valentina.

As for Tigre as a Vanadis' clandestine lover, I was just giving another possibility of how Tigre could hook up with a Vanadis even if he were unable to marry her. That said, as for the romantic arguments, I have the suspicion that in the end, Elen will win out, if the author goes for a definitive ending to the harem situation at all.

As far as views on sexuality, it was a case of explaining away the Vanadis' outfits, which are both provocative and unlike anything else (apart from Lim's outfit, which was probably intended to emulate Elen's) in the medieval setting.This suggests a differing view on sexuality or at least sexualization of clothing in the setting than the real world. That said, we all know the real reason- fanservice.

In any case, personally, the thing I really like about the novels is how they manage to combine military tactics, political drama, and a dash of ecchi and harem comedy, in a manner that shouldn't work, but somehow does.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 02:23   Link #6533
Armando99

Quote:
Obviously, Vanadis implies several pairings involving Tigre, but directly confirms none of them, rather having him develop a rather flirtatious friendship with all of them bar Sasha and (thus far) Valentina.

As for Tigre as a Vanadis' clandestine lover, I was just giving another possibility of how Tigre could hook up with a Vanadis even if he were unable to marry her. That said, as for the romantic arguments, I have the suspicion that in the end, Elen will win out, if the author goes for a definitive ending to the harem situation at all.

As far as views on sexuality, it was a case of explaining away the Vanadis' outfits, which are both provocative and unlike anything else (apart from Lim's outfit, which was probably intended to emulate Elen's) in the medieval setting.This suggests a differing view on sexuality or at least sexualization of clothing in the setting than the real world. That said, we all know the real reason- fanservice.

In any case, personally, the thing I really like about the novels is how they manage to combine military tactics, political drama, and a dash of ecchi and harem comedy, in a manner that shouldn't work, but somehow does.

These we can agree on.
Old 2015-05-03, 12:53   Link #6534
Weather
Wonder Wind

Quote:

And you just described why this novel is so good in my eyes.

Kudos to you.

Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 19:09   Link #6535
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Chapter one of vol 11 just got me thinking. we know enough about Urz, but we don't know much about the mom.

Does anyone else get the feeling she may have a connection to the supernatural. Her description is vague even by her son, she seeds to have talked about fairy tails more than anything else, and not to mention. Why would a lord marry a commoner I get that the Vorn family wasn't the most loved, and favored family in Brune but.
I think mom may not have been human, maybe a demi goddess, or even Tir Na Fa, and that bow doesn't go back as far as what may be believed, maybe a demon, or a dragon incarnation. Although tigre seems to also have slight fortune with wind so maybe the storm goddess.
Old 2015-05-03, 20:07   Link #6536
Armando99

We don't really know much about her and you are right. There could be hidden clues that would give us more insight into Tigre.

We can only hope that the author will address this issue soon enough.
Old 2015-05-04, 06:51   Link #6537
OtakuFreak88
Tada no Hachidori

Some interesting events take place at the end of the volume 11......Dunno if it's good idea to spoil them here, since they're some heavy spoilers. Guess it might be disrecpecful, especially toward the translator....
OtakuFreak88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 07:00   Link #6538
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuFreak88 View Post
Some interesting events take place at the end of the volume 11......Dunno if it's good idea to spoil them here, since they're some heavy spoilers. Guess it might be disrecpecful, especially toward the translator....
I agree. Setsuna is already translating this Volume and is going to be finishing fairly soon based on prior history. He is very punctual with this novel and his other project as well.
Old 2015-05-04, 18:08   Link #6539
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Some already updated on wiki but best thing for us is to discuss further about it later after Setsuna finish TL-ed and dualxblades edited it.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 23:59   Link #6540
Armando99

Agree, let things proceed naturally.

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)