Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-09, 16:18   Link #102
Bladezer

Spoiler for Episode 9 Spoilers:
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 07:54   Link #103
Xeiros

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-09-11, 09:52   Link #104
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post
Spoiler for Episode 9 Spoilers:
Spoiler:
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 13:06   Link #105
Marina2

Maybe Nana saw thing deeper than that, Nana probably realized that Hikari received the motivation from Karen and managed to defeat her because of that. Moreover, if not because of the promise between Hikari and Karen in the past (which granted Hikari the motivation to enter another Revue), Hikari won't even come to Japan.

After all, we still don't know the exact reason how did Hikari managed to regain her determination and joined the Revue in Japan in this loop.(but not in other loops).
Old 2018-09-11, 13:29   Link #106
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Maybe Nana saw thing deeper than that, Nana probably realized that Hikari received the motivation from Karen and managed to defeat her because of that. Moreover, if not because of the promise between Hikari and Karen in the past (which granted Hikari the motivation to enter another Revue), Hikari won't even come to Japan.
If we're gonna play that game, we can go deeper. The one who invited Karen to see the Starlight play when they were kids was Hikari. Hikari already knew the stage world and wanted to surprise Karen, and everything started from there.

So Hikari is the starting point of everything. You could even said Nana was doomed since the moment Hikari was born.
Old 2018-09-11, 13:32   Link #107
4th Dimension

Nah, without Karen participating, and them comming together, given Hikari's drained state post London revue, she'll have likely suffered Karen's fate. And be ejected rather early. After all she wasn't motivated/skilled to beat JunJun.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 13:43   Link #108
Kazu-kun

The same goes for Karen. She wasn't motivated until Hikari showed up. If Hikari didn't appear, Karen would have lost to Banana and stayed in last place like in all the previous loops.

But my point is that Hikari is the one who started everything. When Hikari invited Karen to see the Starlight play, their shared destiny started rolling. It all started back then.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-09-11 at 14:09.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 13:57   Link #109
Marina2

If Giraffe somehow know in advance that the participation of Hikari will lead to Banana's downfall, he probably have been playing and manipulating with reality and event for a long time. Yeah, maybe even [Hikari invited Karen to see the Starlight play] is a part of his reality manipulation to set all pieces in the position in order to break Nana's eternal loop.

That would explain how did Hikari managed to regain her determination and joined the Revue in Japan in this loop but not in other loops.
Old 2018-09-12, 21:28   Link #110
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If we're gonna play that game, we can go deeper. The one who invited Karen to see the Starlight play when they were kids was Hikari. Hikari already knew the stage world and wanted to surprise Karen, and everything started from there.

So Hikari is the starting point of everything. You could even said Nana was doomed since the moment Hikari was born.
Hikari was always there during every loop.

Banana was recalling that in previous loops, Karen did not join the giraffe's auditions at all, while Hikari remained dead last because of it. Remember that Karen did not officially get an invitation to the audition like the rest did.

When Karen jumped in to save Hikari and forced her way into the auditions, that's when everything changed. Aside from losing to the current #1, Tendou Maya, Karen has been winning most of her auditions, and it's implied Hikari has been doing just as well since by the end of the episode, they're both tied for 3rd place.
With Karen joining the competition, not only is she shaking up the rankings, but she saved Hikari and gave her a chance to disrupt the rankings.
And let's not forget that it was Karen who took Banana out of competition.

There is no denying that Hikari was a part of Karen's inspiration. But in previous loops, Hikari managed to keep the auditions under wraps, and with Karen never receiving an invitation, she was none the wiser. In this loop, Karen stalked Hikari to the underground stage and forced her way into it. Something inside Karen changed in this iteration, and it's not just Hikari.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-12, 22:05   Link #111
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Hikari was always there during every loop.

Banana was recalling that in previous loops
What? No at all. I don't know how you got the idea but that's not the case. Nana had wished for countless loops and only in the last one she got the premonitory vision of Hikari's arrival. After that, Hikari showed up for the first time. We know all this is happening in the last loop because the giraffe said he had lost count of the loops by that point. We also know this is the first time Hikari shows up because Nana herself says "who is she?" after having the premonitory vision, making it clear she didn't know Hikari. If that's not enough (it should) there's also her surprised expression when it was announce a transfer student was coming (btw, she had the same surprised look in episode 1 which is another clue this is happening in the last loop). If that's not enough, there's also Banana saying "this has never happened before." I mean, that should be more than clear, right?

I could post screencaps to prove the point but I suggest you just watch episode 7 again. It's such a good episode anyway.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-09-13 at 00:12.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-13, 14:02   Link #112
4th Dimension

Aaaand finally saw the episode with proper subs.

MAAAAAN, I'm sad we didn't see more of Banana. Because MAAAN does her singing here give me chills. I mean she gets like three lines but all three carry enough weigh to collapse into a black hole. If she did that stich while playing the big bad, in like the last episode that would have been amaizing.

But I guess all the resources here went to the Starlight performance. And the too animated eye opening animation. Also I have to say, given what we saw of the story, I don't really see the draw? Flora just dies in the end for seeming no reason? And this impressed two brats? Man do they have weird tastes. I guess it takes all kinds to run this.

Okay that was too negative, this was a fun episode. With more Banana shenanigans. Also Junjun's face when Banana starts telling her outright what she has been doing. The face of a woman whose friend just said she is the devil

Also doesn't she know that the first rule of Revue is YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT THE REVUE

Finally some negative bit again, I guess Karen spent all her flair in the first episode, since these later fights haven't really dazzled me that much. I guess they are saving the animation for the finale.

I wonder who they'll match next. Obvious one might be Hikari vs. Karen and Maya vs Claudine. But it's only Episode 10. Kinda seems too soon.

Old 2018-09-13, 15:13   Link #113
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Watched episode 1. I don't know if that duel is a one time thing, but I hope there is more of that throughout this show. Besides that, I'm liking it so far.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-13, 17:14   Link #114
4th Dimension

There is. Pretty much the first 2/3s of the episode are a bit of a bait and switch.

Not all fights are THAT well made though.

Old 2018-09-13, 19:51   Link #115
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-13, 21:04   Link #116
Shadow5YA

Quote:
What? No at all. I don't know how you got the idea but that's not the case. Nana had wished for countless loops and only in the last one she got the premonitory vision of Hikari's arrival. After that, Hikari showed up for the first time. We know all this is happening in the last loop because the giraffe said he had lost count of the loops by that point. We also know this is the first time Hikari shows up because Nana herself says "who is she?" after having the premonitory vision, making it clear she didn't know Hikari. If that's not enough (it should) there's also her surprised expression when it was announce a transfer student was coming (btw, she had the same surprised look in episode 1 which is another clue this is happening in the last loop). If that's not enough, there's also Banana saying "this has never happened before." I mean, that should be more than clear, right?

I could post screencaps to prove the point but I suggest you just watch episode 7 again. It's such a good episode anyway.
Before this audition, Banana was contemplating on why things went awry. She said that the auditions were always eight people. Even when Hikari joined, the underperforming Karen was dropped preemptively because the auditions normally only invite eight people.

I had assumed Banana only knew this from previous loops, but I was mistaken.

Either way, from Banana's perspective, Karen is still the anomaly because she broke the rules. Even in episode 7, Banana was confident that Hikari would not pose a threat and would have just taken Karen's place in dead last. And had Karen not forced her way in without an invitation, Banana would have been spot on.

And the deviation extends to their daytime relationships as well. Once Karen starting taking things seriously because of her loss in the Revue, Kaoruko was tentatively dropped from the school recital. This led to her fight with Futaba, which led to Futaba getting closer to Claudine during their separation while she got a chance to get closer to Maya. Hikari may be good at what she does, but given how antisocial she is, Karen was the one who changed their relationships.
Old 2018-09-13, 21:22   Link #117
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Either way, from Banana's perspective, Karen is still the anomaly because she broke the rules.
That's because Banana doesn't know anything about Karen and Hikari's relationship. If she knew, she would have known right away the only reason Karen jumped to the stage in episode 1 is because Hikari was there. Without Hikari, Karen wouldn't have done that. There are countless loops to prove that. Conclusion: Hikari is the source of Banana's problem.

Quote:
And the deviation extends to their daytime relationships as well. Once Karen starting taking things seriously because of her loss in the Revue, Kaoruko was tentatively dropped from the school recital. This led to her fight with Futaba, which led to Futaba getting closer to Claudine during their separation while she got a chance to get closer to Maya. Hikari may be good at what she does, but given how antisocial she is, Karen was the one who changed their relationships.
No, Karen started taking things seriously because she talked with Hikari about their promise. Again, it all starts with Hikari. Hikari is the factor upsetting the status quo, both directly and indirectly.
Old 2018-09-13, 21:30   Link #118
Shadow5YA

Quote:
That's because Banana doesn't know anything about Karen and Hikari's relationship. If she knew, she would have known right away the only reason Karen jumped to the stage in episode 1 is because Hikari was there. Without Hikari, Karen wouldn't act. There are countless loops to prove that. Conclusion: Hikari is the source of Banana's problem.
There is no way she could have known, given that even Hikari didn't know Karen would pull that off.

No one told Karen anything about the auditions, and Hikari even made an effort to keep Karen out of it because she knows what would happen to the loser.

How could any of them expected that one of their class' biggest slackers would pull an upset in every way possible?

Quote:
No, Karen started taking things seriously because she talked with Hikari about their promise. Again, it all starts with Hikari. Hikari is the factor upsetting the status quo, both directly and indirectly.
I don't think anyone is denying that Hikari is a part of her inspiration.

But I think you're underplaying the fact that Karen was the one who talked with Hikari, not the other way around. Hikari avoided her in every way possible. It was only after Karen confronted her over and over and over before they made up. Hikari pushed Karen forward, but Karen is also the one pushing everyone else.
Old 2018-09-13, 21:34   Link #119
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
There is no way she could have known, given that even Hikari didn't know Karen would pull that off.
And that's why her conclusion that Karen is the one who messed up her re-runs is mistaken. She lacks information to reach the correct conclusion.

Quote:
No one told Karen anything about the auditions, and Hikari even made an effort to keep Karen out of it because she knows what would happen to the loser.
It doesn't matter. She followed Hikari to the underground stage and jumped in because Hikari was fighting. She did it all for Hikari. Because Hikari was there.

Quote:
How could any of them expected that one of their class' biggest slackers would pull an upset in every way possible?
That's irrelevant. What matters is that she did it because Hikari showed up. Hikari's introduction to the timeline messed up the status quo.
Old 2018-09-13, 21:41   Link #120
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
There is. Pretty much the first 2/3s of the episode are a bit of a bait and switch.

Not all fights are THAT well made though.
I'm on episode 8 and have not been disappointed, yet. Really liking this show.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote