AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-15, 05:53   Link #181
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-15, 07:08   Link #182
HolyCow
Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to HolyCow
X207:

Spoiler for Volume 7:
Old 2007-03-15, 10:47   Link #183
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
They wouldn't include that many volumes in my opinoin. There's still the making of Adventures to explain. (I imagine that's a good way for S2 to open itself, with none other than Sighs).

Disappearance would be front and center, and in itself, there's so much to cover in that one book alone (maybe 6 episodes)...
The story regarding Adventures is easily going to take up 3 episodes, if not more.
Mysterious Sign and Bamboo Leaf should be dealt with as well (2 episodes), and that would leave time for Endless Eight (1-2).
Covering Where'd the Cat Go? (1) and Charmed at First Sight LOVER (1) should conclude the season, at count of 14 episodes.

I am suggesting this due to the significance of Snow Mountain as a precursor to Intrigues, as well as how dramatic the story is. That way, LOVERS and Where'd the Cat GO would hint to a potential season 3, and season 3 can structure itself on explaining the gap, and pick itself from there.
The reason is that i felt the first season was too short and it appears they only wanted to do the first volume and to fill in they pulled random short stories from other volumes to scrap up first season, therefore if they actually follow the volumes closely they should be able to extend the series to at least 26 ep, that should work in their favour from the business standpoint and it should please the fans
Old 2007-03-15, 13:59   Link #184
HolyCow
Oyashiro-sama

Two 13-episode seasons usually generate more profit than a 26-episode season, both in terms of DVD sales and merchandise. That's why I think that the second season of Haruhi will be 13/14 episodes and not 26.

If they make Season 2 based on DISAPPEARANCE, it would make a very Yuki-centric season. Chapters they may include in the second season are, IMO:

- SIGHS (4 EPs)
- Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody (1 EP)
- DISAPPEARANCE (6 EPs)
- Charmed (1 EP)
- Endless Eight (1 EP)

Either that, or they're going to jump even further into the story by animating Snow Mountain Syndrome (2 EPs) for the sake of a 2-parter ala Lone Island Syndrome, and Wandering Shadow (May take up to 2 EPs, can be squeezed into 1 EP if they cut out the flashbacks) to match with Mysterious Sign.

But I think that animating Wandering Shadow is jumping a bit too far, since it concerns things about volume 7.
Old 2007-03-15, 18:27   Link #185
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Nah...I think if they're doing Snow Mountain instead of Sighs, then they'll be throwing in Where did the Cat Go? as well, since both stories take place on the same trip. And for the last episode...I'm hoping for Suzumiya Haruhi Theater as episode 1, for the same crazyness factor as the first season. ^_^
Old 2007-03-15, 19:03   Link #186
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
for everyone's sanity sake i hope they make season 2 :3

but if they do make it...wouldnt it be good if they include at least 5 volumes (3-8) and possibly extend season 2 to about 26 ep (full season)?

i mean by the time they start production vol.9 will be out, so they wont overtake the novel.
KyoAni is doing Lucky☆Star after they finish Kanon. And there has been an official announcement that they will be animating CLANNAD. Since KyoAni only works on one series at a time (so far, anyway), that means that any Haruhi season 2 will probably be at least 3+ seasons down the road. So we might have volume 10 of the novel out before another animated series gets underway.
Old 2007-03-15, 23:05   Link #187
myopius

For the first episode of the second season, they need to start off with the volume 2 prologue. http://baka-tsuki.net/project/index....lume2_Prologue .
Spoiler for Volume 2 Prologue:

I've been thinking a lot about what kind of arrangement they'll do for a second season...

Spoiler for Lengthy discussion about novel content:

^ The above spoiler tag doesn't actually spoil anything if you click it, there's individual spoile tags within the spoiler-tagged section itself to do that job--I just figured I would make it small like that to spare people who don't read the novels from what to them, and to most others perhaps, could just be a giant useless wall of text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
KyoAni is doing Lucky☆Star after they finish Kanon. And there has been an official announcement that they will be animating CLANNAD. Since KyoAni only works on one series at a time (so far, anyway), that means that any Haruhi season 2 will probably be at least 3+ seasons down the road. So we might have volume 10 of the novel out before another animated series gets underway.
How are you imagining the timeline? I know that Lucky Star is in April, but that's two seasons away from the second season as it was rumored to be in fall (if they only made CLANNAD 13 episodes, though I suppose they probably shouldn't do that from what I've heard of CLANNAD), and anyway, did we know that it will be airing this year? Edit: Just found out ANN says October, though apparently it seems doubtful--hmm, even if that's the case the summer season could still be open though couldn't it (hypothetically)? Although in that case the source of the news about season two would be incorrect about the release... of course, they could have changed it since then, but yeah. It's difficult to figure this stuff out.

Btw, Volume 10 should be coming out pretty soon I think--they said it'd be shortly after volume 9. So I imagine definitely by the end of the year.

Last edited by myopius; 2007-03-16 at 00:39.
Old 2007-03-17, 12:13   Link #188
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
Btw, Volume 10 should be coming out pretty soon I think--they said it'd be shortly after volume 9. So I imagine definitely by the end of the year.
I believe I heard summer quoted, but that's probably a little soon, as it gives at most 5 months between volumes. Definitely some time this year, though.

You made good points on your "wall of text," as you put it, but I think they'd probably do better to leave volumes 9 and 10 out of the mix until they've at least gotten everything earlier out of the way first. Being that a new school year is starting with volume 9, there's bound to be a bit of a "soft reset" of sorts, as there are sure to be new characters introduced (either as freshmen or additional "mysterious transfer students"), but at the same time, with the evidence we have of Tanigawa's attention to detail, there are bound to be things in 9 and 10 that are based on events in the previous volumes, even in the "one-shot" stories. And you just know that the events in 7 are going to be as important to 9 and 10 as the events in 4 were to 7.

Luckily, all of the pre-9 events remaining (minus the Haruhi Theater events, which, going by the first one, may not even be "real") fit nicely into a 26-ish episode full season, and even better into 2 13-ish episode half seasons, focused around 4 and 7 respectively (with the prerequisite and peripheral short stories attached to their respective seasons). And short seasons would ensure we'd get the best animation quality possible without having to result to a heavy amount of low motion shots (long range shots, panning shots), like they had to do with Kanon.

If they do end up doing a single long season, they'd need to split up the volume 4 and volume 7 arcs to avoid confusion and (massive) spoilers, since the plot of 7 relies so much on 4, but they could tie it together with 3 or 4 episodes covering volume 2 spread out over the course of the season, possibly using those to tie into
Spoiler for volume 9, rumored:
Old 2007-03-17, 22:02   Link #189
HolyCow
Oyashiro-sama

You know, a thought suddenly hit me. What if KyoAni decided to mix up the timeline even more and animate Volume 7 BEFORE volume 4?

2 EPs - Snow Mountain Syndrome
1 EP - Where did the Cat go?
1 EP - Melancholy of Mikuru
6 EPs - INTRIGUES
4 EPs - SIGHS

They could throw in Theater for the same craziness as Episode 1, maybe Wandering Shadow for another 'client' episode (which they otherwise wouldn't be able to do since it's pretty connected to INTRIGUES). We would get something like the first season, only this time the stories are much more tied to each other.

They would have to obviously remove the prologue for INTRIGUES, and cut out the time traveling Speeches made by Koizumi in the Prologue, but other than that, I don't remember Volume 4 being particularly spoilerish for Volume 7, seeing that Yuki explaining about the Macrospatial-entity makes sense if they animate Snow Mountain Syndrome.

But oh well, it's not likely to happen anyway ;P
Old 2007-08-14, 14:19   Link #190
MYSOFA

Hello,
It has bothered me as to what "Kyon" means as a name. I followed it to the beginnings of Chinese martial arts...but there was something better I thought. Kyon is Greek for dog. He seems to be treated as such by Haruhi. Now if one were to reverse the English spelling?

Maybe?
Mysofa
Old 2007-08-16, 19:18   Link #191
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

well i hope volume 9 gets animiated in the second season
Old 2007-10-02, 22:10   Link #192
serialies

i was just reading about the "cameraman + super narrator" and the "super director" to be a metaphor for their roles theory...and i got an alternateish one

Spoiler for wouldnt it be more like?...:
Old 2007-12-04, 19:15   Link #193
Louie Louie

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
fufufu...
Spoiler:

nihaha. :P I am not saying anything more than that.
hmmm... i think i missed this one... ive read all the volumes up to 9... and because Koizumi has so many theories and whatnot i can only remember a few of them... can you give me a hint on what volume this is??? just send me a private message please....
Old 2007-12-04, 23:01   Link #194
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYSOFA View Post
Hello,
It has bothered me as to what "Kyon" means as a name. I followed it to the beginnings of Chinese martial arts...but there was something better I thought. Kyon is Greek for dog. He seems to be treated as such by Haruhi. Now if one were to reverse the English spelling?

Maybe?
Mysofa
Reeve's muntjac?

@Louie Louie

This goes back to way earlier in this discussion thread, when Koizumi had presented his point of view on Suzumiya Haruhi.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2009-06-03, 18:03   Link #195
OkamiNoKaze

Does anyone have any guesses as to how long of a period of time this series will cover? Like only through school, or do you think it'll continue beyond? I think it would be hilarious to see haruhi, out in the world, Most likely as a Private Investigator or something of nature, or starting/joining Japan's version of the FBI's X-Files department, and of course dragging gang along for the ride.
Old 2009-06-03, 18:07   Link #196
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Does anyone have any guesses as to how long of a period of time this series will cover? Like only through school, or do you think it'll continue beyond? I think it would be hilarious to see haruhi, out in the world, Most likely as a Private Investigator or something of nature, or starting/joining Japan's version of the FBI's X-Files department, and of course dragging gang along for the ride.
Whoa, necromancy. Didn't know you could do that.

*cough*

It'll probably only run till the end of their third year of high school, maybe the second. That's how these stories work, if they aren't just one year.
Old 2009-06-04, 00:12   Link #197
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Aw, man, what is that stank? Break out the Febreze, guys. This topic's been dead for a good long while... ^_^

I'm roughly with Kaisos on how much of Kyon's school time the novels will cover, although he's probably a little more optimistic on its length than I am. <inb4 subref="Kaisos rant"> And no I don't think it will be ending at Volume 10.</inb4> Thing is, I'm pretty confident that it won't be making it quite to graduation. It'll end shortly after Haruhi "finds out"—or at least shortly after Kyon finds out that Haruhi has found out—and having that happen near or at graduation is just far too convenient for such a genre-savvy series. I do think we'll be seeing it make it to the third year, though, if only to deal with Mikuru leaving. Tsuruya-san won't really be going anywhere, since she'll be an out-of-school fixture for Kyon after coming events surrounding the Future Artifact from the Past, and she'll especially become more pivotal to the group once she takes over the Organization.

(What? You don't think so? Why do you think the officially unofficial anime and manga adaptation has her facing off against Mori-san?)

It'll never happen (unless written by Puyo), but for some reason I love the idea of Mikuru(big) coming back after her(small) and Tsuruya's graduation as a student teacher (SOS-dan faculty sponsor?) and no one but Kyon, Itsuki, and Yuki (and Slider-tan, can't forget Slider-tan) noticing she's aged several years over the break... ^_^

Haruhi: "Waa... Sugoi, Mikuru-chan, you've grown up a bit! As expected of Mikuru-chan, your body has finally had a growth spurt to catch up to your breasts!" **evil grin** "I'll have to go get you some new clothes, but I think I have some you can still fit into..."
Mikuru(big): "Eeeehh?! What do you have there? I'm a teacher now! Nooo... Let me take that off myself! Don't touch me there! Eeeee!"

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2009-06-04 at 00:25. Reason: added more
Old 2009-06-04, 08:26   Link #198
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
(What? You don't think so? Why do you think the officially unofficial anime and manga adaptation has her facing off against Mori-san?)
That also had Asakura come back in chibi form and Nagato as an eroge player.

Quote:
It'll never happen (unless written by Puyo), but for some reason I love the idea of Mikuru(big) coming back after her(small) and Tsuruya's graduation as a student teacher (SOS-dan faculty sponsor?) and no one but Kyon, Itsuki, and Yuki (and Slider-tan, can't forget Slider-tan) noticing she's aged several years over the break... ^_^
That... oddly would make sense, though I'd assume she'd be using a different given name and claim she's Mikuru's older sister or something.

Quote:
Haruhi: "Waa... Sugoi, Mikuru-chan, you've grown up a bit! As expected of Mikuru-chan, your body has finally had a growth spurt to catch up to your breasts!" **evil grin** "I'll have to go get you some new clothes, but I think I have some you can still fit into..."
Mikuru(big): "Eeeehh?! What do you have there? I'm a teacher now! Nooo... Let me take that off myself! Don't touch me there! Eeeee!"
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-06-04, 16:15   Link #199
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Would that mean that there would be a Mikuru from even further in the future replacing Mikuru(big)'s old role?
Old 2009-06-04, 16:19   Link #200
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Would that mean that there would be a Mikuru from even further in the future replacing Mikuru(big)'s old role?
No, because now Mikuru has gone back to the future, so there's only one Mikuru. Kinda.
Closed Thread