Old 2017-12-25, 10:29   Link #221
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Be Love 2 - December 28, 2017

Cover:
Spoiler:

On the occasion:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2017-12-26 at 22:00.
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-28, 21:36   Link #222
Verso Sciolto
Banned

かるたの漫画を描かせてくれた ...

"They let me draw a Karuta manga ..."

That's how Yuki Suetsugu started her Twitter comment in which she thanks the people who allowed and enabled her to draw, write, create, her Karuta manga. The people who enable and assist her in drawing a Karuta manga for ten years, and ongoing.
Old 2017-12-29, 08:41   Link #223
Ulin

Well, it is not that we won't expected it, but at last we have the finals for the queen and meijin titles. I guess the interesting match will be the one with Arata and Taichi, since the Chihaya vs whatshername is more or less decided (unless the manga wanted to suddenly change routes lol)
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-29, 21:24   Link #224
Kazu-kun

I hope Taichi wins. A master vs pupil meijin final would be so cool.

The other reason I want Taichi to win is that I'm sure Chihaya is gonna end up with Arata. The guy who started playing karuta just to get close to a girl ends up getting the title while the guy who was aiming for the title since the beginning gets the girl instead. A sort of "don't give people what they want, give them what they need" kind of ending. The irony in that sort of ending would be way too delicious.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2017-12-30 at 04:37.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-30, 02:29   Link #225
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I hope Taichi becomes a doctor. Karuta's all well and good, but I'd hate to see his life derailed over it. (Though I also hope he can keep playing.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-30, 04:32   Link #226
Kazu-kun

Well, Karuta isn't a job. Note how even Suo, despite being meijin, is also a university student and a cram school teacher. Taichi becoming a doctor is okay I guess.

That been said, what matters to me is what happens with Taichi now, not 10 years in the future. He can become an astronaut in the future for all I care. But right now I want him to beat Arata and face his master for the meijin title.
Old 2017-12-30, 04:42   Link #227
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, Karuta isn't a job.
It's a time and energy consuming hobby. And it's fine, I just hope he can balance it with the other demands in his life.

Quote:
Note how even Suo, despite being meijin, is also a university student and a cram school teacher.
I also note he's years late in graduating.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-30, 04:51   Link #228
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I also note he's years late in graduating.
I think that's just because he's eccentric.
Old 2018-01-09, 10:26   Link #229
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Volume 8 - Digital Edition

The Digital Edition of Kodansha Comics' English translation of Volume 8 has been scheduled for release on January 16, 2018.

Spoiler for Poem:

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2018-01-10 at 22:53.
Old 2018-01-09, 13:43   Link #230
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Here hoping my boy Taichi wins proving he already moved on and that his interest in Kaguya grew out of his initial motivation to play it.
And Chihaya losing showing that there's always someone better.
Old 2018-01-18, 07:47   Link #231
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Be Love 3 - Released January 15, 2018

Be Love 3 on Twitter:
Chihayafuru chapter 193 sample pages

Besides presenting practical info, such as more precise dates and venues, the key visual for the upcoming traveling "World of Chihayafuru" exhibition, printed on the end page of this issue, is also interesting for the symbolic imagery Yuki Suetsugu created and for the poems she selected.

On the page following chapter 193, Yuki Arisawa's novelizations are introduced. Kami no Ku and Shimo no Ku have since been released while Musubi will follow in February.

Be Love 4 contents preview and announcements (Release date February 1, 2018)
Old 2018-01-29, 08:08   Link #232
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Be Love 4 - To be released February 1, 2018

Another issue for the gallery. Cover preview image for the digital edition from Amazon Japan's Kindle store; cover preview image for the print edition from Be Love's Twitter feed:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2018-01-31 at 00:24.
Old 2018-01-31, 22:40   Link #233
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Pictures at an exhibition

Be Love's Twitter account is also used to try to get in touch with the people who originally bought -or now own- artwork created and signed by Yuki Suetsugu, sold in 2012 for a charity* auction. They're reaching out in an attempt to locate the works themselves and work out if those drawings can be included in the upcoming exhibition: "Chihayafuru World" ~Yuki Suestsugu's First Original Artwork Exhibition~.

Suetsugu-sensei has retweeted Be Love's message and also followed up with her own appeal and assurance. To make the traveling exhibition as compressive as possible and explain what she looks for in this exhibition.

They're looking for iconic images, including these:

The photos attached to those "Tweets" already give us a little retrospective glimpse as well.

According to the end-page of Be Love 3, this exhibition: ちはやふるの世界
~末次由紀 初原画展~
, will be in Tokyo from March 23 to April 1. Venue: 西武池袋本店 別館2階=西武ギャラリー (Seibu Ikebukuro Honten - Annex 2nd Floor: Seibu Gallery) and also in Osaka, from April 4~16, and Nagoya from May 9~21.

The exhibition's "Key Visual" has also been uploaded to Be Love's Twitter feed. The post shows sample pages from Chihayafuru chapter 194 as well, i.e. Spoilers.

"Key visual" turned exhibition poster / flyer.

Twitter Post

* Notes about the charity, ふんばろう東日本支援プロジェクト, Project Fumbaro Eastern Japan, "part of Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief":
http://fumbaro.org
https://wallpaper.fumbaro.org/en/whoweare
2012 Auction
Quote:
"Manga Artists Send Cheers to Disaster-Afflicted Areas
All auctions ended successfully, and raised ¥6,904,077 in total!!"
Message regarding the 2011 Tōhoku Earthquake and Tsunami from Yuki Suetsugu

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2018-02-01 at 03:52.
Old 2018-02-01, 23:17   Link #234
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Volume 9 - Digital Edition

In English, to be released February 20, by Kodansha Comics
Old 2018-02-07, 03:46   Link #235
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Crossovers - ”Monthly Shōnen Magazine” March Issue

Crossovers. Apparently, Chihayafuru appears in the electronic edition of Kodansha’s 「月刊少年マガジン」”Monthly Shōnen Magazine”, ahead of the theatrical release of the live action film "Chihayafuru: Musubi" in March, in Japan. Final part of the movie trilogy, one-off, chapter one, of Yuki Suetsugu's manga, according to the announcement and the table of contents in the online preview of “Magazine”, Page 447.
Old 2018-02-12, 23:37   Link #236
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Chihayafuru 37

Images
From Amazon's Kindle Store, for the time being.

Chihayafuru volume 37 was released digitally and in print at midnight today. The Kodansha website for the book gives access to preview pages from the digital edition. On that page click: [試し読みする].

Yugi Suetsugu, commented on the publication of Chihayafuru Volume 37 coinciding with the release of the first volume in Oto Tōda's spin-off manga and attached an image -of its front this time- with obi, via Twitter.

Also on Twitter, Norihiro Koizumi had a question about something else.
Old 2018-02-14, 10:01   Link #237
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Be Love 5

Released today.

Yuki Suetsugu: 牡丹です!!

Pictures at an exhibition. Variations.
Images
Old 2018-02-27, 06:02   Link #238
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Be Love 6

Magazine to be released March 1. Preview image from Amazon Japan's Kindle store:

TV Anime third season (2019) announcement printed among the Chihayafuru related banners on the cover of that eText edition of the magazine.

The next Chihayafuru manga chapter, Verse 196, can be expected inside this issue.

Be Love's own site already provides Contents Previews for:

Be Love 6 and for: Be Love 7 (March 15 scheduled release - with lots of promises as well)

Musubi film banners too - on covers and buildings - from the Twitter feed of Be Love magazine, Chihayafuru manga, and novelizations, publisher Kodansha - went up today, 27 February 2018.

At first glance at the cover preview image - also mentioned, the first volume of Oto Tōda-sensei's spin-off manga ちはやふる 中学生編, released on February 13, 2018. That series will resume in this sixth Be Love magazine issue of 2018 too, chapter 7.

Bound to have overlooked something...

The bigger picture and showing spines via Be Love's Twitter feed.

Banners were added on the Musubi film website too. Are the linked pages visible outside Japan?

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2018-02-28 at 04:29.
Old 2018-03-05, 21:10   Link #239
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Yuki Suetsugu is still looking for some of her original artwork. Coverage on ANN: Chihayafuru Creator Searches for Auctioned Manga Art for New Exhibit.

Temporary intersections.
Old 2018-03-12, 06:52   Link #240
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Be Love 7

Preview image from Amazon Japan's Kindle store:
Images
Final Be Love issue before the theatrical release of the live-action Musubi film - Saturday, March 17 - prominently made clear on the cover of that eText edition of this magazine.

Contents preview: Be Love 7

The next Chihayafuru manga chapter, Verse 197, can be expected inside this issue as can the continuation of Oto Tōda-sensei's spin-off manga, chapter 8. The print magazine comes with a whole host of special Chihayafuru content inside in addition to bonus materials attached.

Tags
josei, karuta