AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-21, 11:33   Link #81
Nayim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
I have creeping feeling neither he or Blake are actually human. Have you listened to the "From Shadows" lyrics? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2soN-6rLw0
Yeah. From what I understand, both are based of Beauty and The Beast. Come of think it, Adam has car/wolf ears.
Old 2013-07-21, 11:37   Link #82
Tenzen12

That might mean he is "Faunus", doesn't it?
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 11:42   Link #83
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
Yeah. From what I understand, both are based of Beauty and The Beast. Come of think it, Adam has car/wolf ears.
I thought those were horns.

My favorite is defiantly Yang, she's like Marisa with boobs.. And light eyes...
... Marisa+Alice=Yang?
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 11:43   Link #84
Nayim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That might mean he is "Faunus", doesn't it?
Pretty much.
Old 2013-07-21, 14:06   Link #85
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Never heard a lick of this until this thread; I liked it =03. I mean, it's not optimally amazing for cel-shading(where're the shadows?), and the fluidity can sometimes be a bit lacking, but the choreography of the action sequences were pretty good, and I find that more important in...er...such "fan"-made works. I was kinda taken aback with Ruby's personality though; I thought she'd be more cool/kuu, based on the trailer, but I still like the way she was portrayed in the 1st ep all the same. Pretty cute she is (^,^).

There were a number of funny moments as well; when cigar-guy looked at Ruby from inside the store and stared at her like "....ooooookay (>.>)...."; when she had the headphones on and that guy tried to get her attention; the whole rambling part when she was talking to that silver-haired guy; and her 'squee D0=" when Glenda(?) smacked that whip on the table =03. I hope it can keep this consistent quality up with subsequent episodes.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 14:12   Link #86
Kreceir

I'm liking that this is quite populair overseas that there is already fanart of the female that was just seen in episode 1.

Looking at the opening of Rwby, I have the feeling that the ''vomit boy'' has an important role in the story.
Old 2013-07-21, 14:26   Link #87
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Never heard a lick of this until this thread; I liked it =03. I mean, it's not optimally amazing for cel-shading(where're the shadows?), and the fluidity can sometimes be a bit lacking, but the choreography of the action sequences were pretty good, and I find that more important in...er...such "fan"-made works. I was kinda taken aback with Ruby's personality though; I thought she'd be more cool/kuu, based on the trailer, but I still like the way she was portrayed in the 1st ep all the same. Pretty cute she is (^,^).

There were a number of funny moments as well; when cigar-guy looked at Ruby from inside the store and stared at her like "....ooooookay (>.>)...."; when she had the headphones on and that guy tried to get her attention; the whole rambling part when she was talking to that silver-haired guy; and her 'squee D0=" when Glenda(?) smacked that whip on the table =03. I hope it can keep this consistent quality up with subsequent episodes.
I belive few battles should provide some of Kuu (that will disappear along with last enemy and return her to Genki mood next battle). Every veteran need that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
Looking at the opening of Rwby, I have the feeling that the ''vomit boy'' has an important role in the story.
With name like Jaune Arc it's pretty sure thing...
Old 2013-07-21, 16:19   Link #88
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post

I'm liking that this is quite populair overseas that there is already fanart of the female that was just seen in episode 1.

She reminds me of someone from another series, but I can't quite put my finger on who she reminds me of....
Old 2013-07-21, 23:44   Link #89
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oohh, this reminds me of BRS, if it were actually good.

My bias directs me towards W. Always a fan of the more stylish types

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 01:18   Link #90
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

After a rewatch with a better frame rate (watching from RT's site had some framerate issues like skipping) and a more decent volume, I think RWBY has a decent start. I like how Ruby used completely non-lethal tactics in her skirmish against Roman's men (using recoil for mobility and using the blunt end of her scythe to knock opponents out) and the exchange between Glynda and Crimson was nothing short of awesome.

That said, I'm instantly in love with Glynda's design.

Now I certainly cannot wait for Episode 2. D:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 01:30   Link #91
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Guys, please make an effort to keep the discussion focused on the show.

There is another thread to discuss this whole "what defines anime" topic and it would be better if you continued that discussion there.
Old 2013-07-22, 02:31   Link #92
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Spoiler for spoil ep 2:

information from a person who saw a half of episode 2, for the "premier"
Old 2013-07-22, 04:40   Link #93
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 04:50   Link #94
Tenzen12

It hardly can be called "Amateur made", though with proper budgets and bigger crew as animes (with same ambitions) has it would very likely cause my head explode.

In other hand that would mean Executive Meddling so it might be better this way.
Old 2013-07-22, 07:43   Link #95
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

(Voice of General Zod) Heresy! Who dares call Monty Oum's work amateur!?
The man's a pro and has been doing excellent 3D action for years!
Old 2013-07-22, 09:22   Link #96
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
(Voice of General Zod) Heresy! Who dares call Monty Oum's work amateur!?
The man's a pro and has been doing excellent 3D action for years!
That however says nothing about the voicework, which does come off as amateurish to me.

Ruby's voice especially grates on my nerves.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 09:22   Link #97
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

I like it, and the official character art is gorgeous- few nitpicks about the style/execution, sure, which the leetist non-japanese "otaku" crowd would ofc latch onto like a swarm of locusts (nothing wrong with that), but which aren't that important to me personally. Nothing that couldn't be adjusted in the future, such as the fluidity of the lineart or the quality of the voice acting. And it's still a quite solid effort for what it has to work with.
There's room for improvement and I'd be interested to see what they could do with an industry-standard/higher budget.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 14:12   Link #98
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Two more days until the 2nd episode.
Old 2013-07-22, 19:50   Link #99
paladinenvec

This show (anime, toon ,ameranime or whatever) is quite a nice surprise since this is a dry season that doesn't have that many decent animes, the fighting scenes are awesome and character design is very good, the story seems to be very standard for what i have seen but it's fine , the only a little hard to digest were the voices, but hey everything else is solid enough to forgive it.
Btw, my favorite one is Yang =P, maybe because she looks like Hoshii Miki from Idolmaster, but the way she fight and the type of character, you know easygoing/sexy/badass/busty blonde is such a strong combination hahaha.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 20:24   Link #100
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

The only nitpicks I have are that the VAs are bad though Ruby's VA does fit her. And the animation is a little wonky.

Otherwise, I need this on my shelves like yesterday. Oh well, my birthday is in November...

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby