AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-10-20, 06:18   Link #1
n0m@n
C-Z

High School DxD Light Novel - Volume 24

High School DxD Volume 24 spoilers
Quote:
I want to surpass my current self.
I want the power and courage......to defeat Kuroka-neesama.
I will fight so I can surpass Kuroka-neesama from that day.

That girl is weak. She is strong......but weak.
Even so, she probably wants to surpass me from that day and her ownself from that day......
That's why I will accept your challenge.

High school D×D 24

I will surpass Kuroka-neesama!
       ――Toujou Koneko

Ufufu♪ Sure. I will accept, Shirone.
                  ――Kuroka

Those from the Underworld are sniffing around about the Nekomata sisters. You'd better be cautious. ――『Slash Dog』 Ikuse Tobio
The info they received from the Grigori's agent is regarding the movement of the grimreapers that are after Koneko and Kuroka.

Even though it's far ahead we still need to choose the date for the wedding. I'm so blessed...... ――Himejima Akeno
Those who had already done their engagement are getting their schedules for their future constantly being filled up.

I probably need to ask that damn father of mine...... ――Sitri Team: Grimreaper girl Bennia
The truth she was told from her father, the ultimate-class grimreaper Orcus, is――

Now, come at me. Youngsters. ――Vasco Strada
How will the Vali team fight against the man in his prime who had reached the ultimate height of a human being――

I will not fall back! I am also the part of this team! ――Vali Team: Le Fay Pendragon
Even if her opponents are those who she is living with there are things she cannot fall back in as long as she is in this team.

The leader of the realm of the dead, Thanatos――. So that's one who is leading the grimreapers for this incident. ――Xenovia Qualta
Those from the realm of the dead had finally confronted the DxD.

This team is unbelievable! ――Vali Team: Bikou
It's not like he was looking down on the Rias Gremory team. ――But, what appeared in front of him surpassed his expectation.

Joker can't make it. Strange incidents had been constantly occurring within the Church's jurisdiction. ――Shidou Irina
You could also say that report was sign of evil omen.

I had his highness train my spirit as a warrior trained from the very beginning. So here I come! ――Kiba Yuuto
Someone who may could been a warrior from the Church had been taught the meaning of strength by the leader of the Church's warrior――.

I want to protect Koneko-san's match! ――Ravel Phoenix
She needs to protect the important match of her friend who wants to surpass her sister.

I-I'm not a Kappa!! ――Vali Team: The current Sha Wujing
That word is a taboo to her.

Looks like we can resume from back then! Not just that, we can continue it under a better condition! ――Vali Team: Arthur Pendragon
The battle against the legendary warrior. He hoped to continue where they left off.

I will protect Rias-oneechan. Even if my opponent may be the legendary monster. ――Gasper Vladi
The Gremory boy would never take a step back even if their opponent may be a legendary existence.

This is boiling my blood! I can finally have a worthy battle. ――『 Crescent Circle Dragon』 Crom Cruach
Very well, it appears that I would also need to use that form. ――『Hakuryuukou of the Morning Star』 Vali Lucifer
The intense battle of the Dragons is about to explode――

Aaaaaaaah, Queen-samaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! ――Vali Team: Current Zhu Bajie
The ultimate M finds his meaning for this battle on this day.

I think I'll get a bit serious now. ――Lint Selzan
Her true appearance will be unleashed?

I think I may know where the 『Slash Dog』 Team are.――Rossweisse
Looks like there are connections in unexpected places.

Very well. I will show you. My new way of fighting! ――Rias Gremory
That was something which far exceeded Vali Team's imagination.

No matter who comes at us, I will protect them everyone. Rias. Koneko-chan. And even Kuroka. ――『Sekiryuutei of the Blazing Truth』 Hyoudou Issei
Hyoudou Issei had a determination for his battle behind the scene of Rias's matches.

During the intense battle between the Hakuryuukou of the Morning Star Team and the Crimson Haired Ruin Princess, there were many emotions there――

Koneko. You need to overcome yourself from back then and now! ――Rias Gremory

This is the story of cat sisters which will connect their past, current, and future――

No matter how I was born. Myself back then who feared Kuroka-neesama......I will surpass all of them and――
――Toujou Koneko

You can't change the past. What I can do now is to stand up to her feeling and clash my feeling to her as well――
――Kuroka

Koneko-cham I want you to hear the my answer for your proposal back then.
And Kuroka! You are also
――
――Hyoudou Issei

No matter what happens, he cannot let any disturbance happen in that battle――

We need to eliminate all of those who had contacted with that. We cannot let――Hades-sama know about this.
That's why we order you to hand the Nekomata sisters to us.

――Leader of the realm of the dead, Thanatos

The preliminary round for the World Tournament is about to hit the climax――

And then, the battle leads to the contest against a God

Also on that day, the 'dog' makes his move――

I'm Minagawa Natsume! Let's get along, Hyoudou Issei! ――『Slash Dog』 Team: Minagawa Natsume

I also like breasts, Chichiryuutei. ――『Slash Dog』 Team: Samejima

Va-kun, I will cheer for you for the match. ――『Eternal Ice Princess』 Lavinia Reni

Let's fight together for the sake of those we wish to protect, Hyoudou Issei-kun.
Even if our opponent is the grimreaper.

――『Slash Dog』 Ikuse Tobio

Last edited by n0m@n; 2017-10-20 at 06:42.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 06:19   Link #2
Gaizafaiz

YAYYYYYYYY. Thx @n0m@n
Gaizafaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 06:33   Link #3
Hakai

Quote:
This is boiling my blood! I can finally have a worthy battle. ――『 Crescent Circle Dragon』 Crom Cruach
Very well, it appears that I would also need to use that form. ―― 『Hakuryuukou of the Morning Star』 Vali Lucifer
So, DxD L Vali vs Crom.
We all knew this was going happen but still, HELL YEAH! Hype level maximum!
Old 2017-10-20, 06:38   Link #4
Crimson406

Thanatos is like Pluto, he's a Grim Reaper instead of a God.
Crimson406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 06:50   Link #5
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

I wonder if Thanatos is talking about the Other World or something entirely different exclusive to the nekomata sisters.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 07:07   Link #6
n0m@n
C-Z

Most likely since Hades mentioned about the other world in v23.
By 'that' he could possibly mean Ise too. Since Hades pretty much indicated the origin of this is Ise though he didn't directly say his name. Ise equals source of trouble(miracles?)
Old 2017-10-20, 07:08   Link #7
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Sounds great, we get what looks to be a good battle between Ria's Team and Vali's Team and get to see more of the grim reapers couldn't ask for more
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 07:12   Link #8
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

I want to see the illustrations already.
Old 2017-10-20, 07:41   Link #9
Lucidrago

I find it very skeptical about how Ishibumi is going to put all of that in one volume. It's going to be a very long volume.

Thanatos might still be a god. Tobio said our opponent is the Grim Reaper. Not that Thanatos is a Grim Reaper as in the actual species. But due to his role as the god of death he's referred to as 'The Grim Reaper'.

Quote:
And then, the battle leads to the contest against a God
What does that line mean exactly? Does it refer to probably Thanatos? Or Issei's match against Team God Alliance?
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 09:51   Link #10
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Thank you n0m@n for translating Volume 24 quotes and here the quotes I find interesting.

Quote:
Even though it's far ahead we still need to choose the date for the wedding. I'm so blessed...... ――Himejima Akeno
Those who had already done their engagement are getting their schedules for their future constantly being filled up.
Akeno has entered Wedding Planning Mode.

Quote:
I probably need to ask that damn father of mine...... ――Sitri Team: Grimreaper girl Bennia
The truth she was told from her father, the ultimate-class grimreaper Orcus, is――
Bennia development hopefully.

Quote:
I had his highness train my spirit as a warrior trained from the very beginning. So here I come! ――Kiba Yuuto
Someone who may could been a warrior from the Church had been taught the meaning of strength by the leader of the Church's warrior――.
Kiba been training with Vasco.

Quote:
Looks like we can resume from back then! Not just that, we can continue it under a better condition! ――Vali Team: Arthur Pendragon
The battle against the legendary warrior. He hoped to continue where they left off.
Arthur vs Vasco Rematch.

Quote:
I will protect Rias-oneechan. Even if my opponent may be the legendary monster. ――Gasper Vladi
The Gremory boy would never take a step back even if their opponent may be a legendary existence.
Gasper vs Fenrir? probably.

Quote:
Very well, it appears that I would also need to use that form. ――『Hakuryuukou of the Morning Star』 Vali Lucifer
We all it was coming.

Quote:
Aaaaaaaah, Queen-samaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! ――Vali Team: Current Zhu Bajie
The ultimate M finds his meaning for this battle on this day.
The ultimate S vs the ultimate M.

Quote:
Very well. I will show you. My new way of fighting! ――Rias Gremory
That was something which far exceeded Vali Team's imagination.
Rias gets a power-up colour me interested.

Quote:
This is the story of cat sisters which will connect their past, current, and future――

No matter how I was born. Myself back then who feared Kuroka-neesama......I will surpass all of them and――
――Toujou Koneko

You can't change the past. What I can do now is to stand up to her feeling and clash my feeling to her as well――
――Kuroka

Koneko-cham I want you to hear the my answer for your proposal back then.
And Kuroka! You are also――
――Hyoudou Issei

No matter what happens, he cannot let any disturbance happen in that battle――

We need to eliminate all of those who had contacted with that. We cannot let――Hades-sama know about this.
Issei finally answers Koneko's proposal. Looks like there more to Koneko and Kuroko's backstory than we initially thought if Thanatos is after them for some reason. I feel that Thanatos despite being a Grim Reaper he is a God-class being.

Quote:
I'm Minagawa Natsume! Let's get along, Hyoudou Issei! ――『Slash Dog』 Team: Minagawa Natsume

I also like breasts, Chichiryuutei. ――『Slash Dog』 Team: Samejima

Va-kun, I will cheer for you for the match. ――『Eternal Ice Princess』 Lavinia Reni

Let's fight together for the sake of those we wish to protect, Hyoudou Issei-kun.
Even if our opponent is the grimreaper.

――『Slash Dog』 Ikuse Tobio
Team Slash Dog interacting with Issei I am looking forward to it.

Side Note: every time I see Thanatos I can't help but think of Thanos saying "Fine. I'll do it myself."
Old 2017-10-20, 09:56   Link #11
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm curious what Thanatos wants to hide from Hades so badly that he wants the Nekomata sisters to be handed over to him. What exactly is "that"?

Quote:

Thanatos could be a God, but he could also be just a Grim Reaper. Let's wait and see.

@n0m@n: I'm just asking here, but why are you thinking Ise's miracles are the reason here? Either way, though, doesn't it seem from the quote like Thanatos is trying hide "that" from Hades? Whatever it is?

Edit: One post late.
@Bennia Lover: Yeah, I'm also looking forward to the interactions between Ise and the Slash Dog team. They're going to be teaming up and fighting together in this Volume, right?

I'm also very interested in the Nekomata sisters' backstory, as well as in what "that" exactly is.

And I knew it. Ise really did take Koneko's proposal from back then seriously and he wants to give her his answer.
Old 2017-10-20, 09:59   Link #12
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Maybe Kuroka's and Koneko's parents were killed by Thanatos in relation to whatever "that" is.

Edit: And Koneko was the first one to propose but Issei just withheld his answer.
Old 2017-10-20, 10:00   Link #13
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Maybe? But why would he want to hide that from Hades?
Old 2017-10-20, 10:03   Link #14
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

I'm not saying he's hiding their parents death, I'm saying what if their parents discovered whatever "that" is with Kuroka and Koneko involved. What if the entire nekoshou species were involved and them being slaughtered is the reason why the species is so rare now. Just giving interesting ideas. I would certainly do this if I was writing DxD.
Old 2017-10-20, 10:33   Link #15
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
I find it very skeptical about how Ishibumi is going to put all of that in one volume. It's going to be a very long volume.
Only 356 pages long. It's gonna be really fast paced.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 10:35   Link #16
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

356 isn't really fast paced.
Old 2017-10-20, 10:44   Link #17
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm also wondering he's going to pack a lot of that into just one book. Maybe some of it will be mentioned just in passing or not detailed much?
Old 2017-10-20, 11:12   Link #18
thefreakmike

The best bet is that some of the match will be detailed in the next Dx volume
Old 2017-10-20, 11:31   Link #19
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennia Lover View Post
356 isn't really fast paced.
It's average for most LNs. But this volume was apparently supposed to be longer but was split so it's probably gonna end on a cliffhanger. Although I'd prefer that he doesn't keep putting interesting stuff in the Dx. volumes just so the main ones can be about Ise and co.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 11:41   Link #20
thefreakmike

Tho isnt vol 25 going to be about Rose?