AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 54 52.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 32.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-26, 09:40   Link #61
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Too bad about Tokai TV, but long as other stations keep releasing the episodes guess we'll be alright. Going to be a long wait though for the next episode since now things are reaching their pinnacle. But anyways subbed episode and that is all that matters.

Good on Keiichi and co eliminating Ire as the guy behind it and putting Takano at the top. Really shows that having a few heads is better than one and paid off big time here. Though can`t even fathom how they are going to deal with this. Even solving questions won't do much if they can`t protect themselves from what is coming.

Kinda wish the Oishi shooting would have happened in other arcs since this one he was a pretty good guy. Heading out to help and sadly taking down 2 cops is not much harder than just killing off one. Since we have seen what has happened before a couple cops at the door just isn't going to make a big difference.

But regardless big revelations at least to Rika's relationship to the disease. Her very existence helps keep everyone from going out of control. So not really leaving the village but separating from her.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2008-06-07 at 01:40.
Old 2007-09-26, 10:11   Link #62
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Is it just me or did the art style seem a bit different at some places?
Old 2007-09-26, 10:20   Link #63
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yep, like i said before and in the blog, the art in this episode was a bit inconsistent for various instances (geh, Okonogi and Satoko got shafted big time).
Quite the budget episode of the series huh

fear not, the next episode will be completely the opposite.
Old 2007-09-26, 10:35   Link #64
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
yeah... i noticed that this was a budget episode too... in some scenes they're just panning the same frame only moving their mouths... i just hope they blew their budget on the next episode and judging from the preview i guess they did...

i just noticed while watching this episode that rika and friends are all very smart and talented...
k1 is smart, charismatic and a quick learner...
rena is also smart and observant... as can be seen in the first season...
satoko is a master of traps... also observant of peoples behaviour seing as she always
gets the desired reactions from her traps...
mion is also charismatic she's also pretty smart to me...
shion also like mion.. smart and charismatic...
rika has the experience, she's also smart as she can make people believe in what she says... also deceiving oishi into sending some cops to guard her...

though it will obviously end badly i can see them putting up a good fight... they've got the brains and by pulling their smarts together can pretty much cause some problems to the yamainu... they also have the element of surprise as the yamainu won't probably expect a fight...
Old 2007-09-26, 11:00   Link #65
Kryptik

I have a few questions about this ep, mostly for those who already know the story.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-26, 11:40   Link #66
MrZombie

Spoiler for Queen theory:
Old 2007-09-26, 12:02   Link #67
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I was somewhat disappointed that there was no Takano in this episode. Also, Rika's friends bought her story a bit too easily. Furthermore, I don't get it why this Tokyo group would want to use the disease as a biological weapon as it doesn't seem to be highly contagious. And how come Rika had never thought of Takano as a possible evil mastermind?
That said, I liked the episode and I am probably nitpicking because I'd have preferred to theorise some more based on less info. Talking of theories, I now need to come up with one explaining why nothing disastrous happened after Rika died in Watanashi/Meakashi.

Old 2007-09-26, 12:08   Link #68
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

1) that's because Rika and Keiichi was able to fight all the troubles more easely. the previous events in Minagoroshi was the factor how they could buy it, especially keiichi. And due keiichi charisma and the recent heartwarming moment after saving satoko, it is natural.
Not to mention Rika was right about Tomitake and Takano deaths

2) It isn't contagious, but as you can see, the effects are effective and quite unpredictable for the enemies. Traitors and gruesome deaths are fearsome weapons as not only they can disrupt the rank of the enemies, but they can also deal severe mistrust etc, leading to a chain reaction

3) Rika never thought Takano was the mastermind because she didn't have any clue. She NEVER knew the time of death was inconsistent. Ooishi gave her this information as she was reliable because of her involvement in the prevention
Old 2007-09-26, 12:29   Link #69
Matrim

Quote:
Rika never thought Takano was the mastermind because she didn't have any clue.
Come on, if I were in her predicament, I'd suspect virtually everyone, and I'd venture most people would do the same. I am not saying she should have done like me and considered Takano a prime suspect but still it seemed implausible that she hadn't considred the possibility of that, knowing that Takano is pretty much the most informed person about the situation in Hinamizawa and its residents.

I am not saying they shouldn't have believed Rika but I would have preferred if they had showed some doubt at first but probably time contraints prevented the anime from showing something like that.

And yes, the syndrome might be a pretty effective tool but it's bound to be detected at some point. It is useful, if you want to cease power by eliminating your opponents, but it seems to be it would almost useless in a war, that's why I was surprised that some militaristic faction (I am assuming that since Biological Weapons Convention was mentioned) was so interested in it. Then again, most such factions do not tend to be that rational.

Old 2007-09-26, 12:35   Link #70
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
fear not, the next episode will be completely the opposite.
I'm hoping it shall be. Not only because i've heard so much about Minagoroshi-hen, just from watching arc, i can see that something insane.. something mad that i'm never going to forget happening in the finale part. I just hope it actually airs.

Still, i'll stay away from that preview this time.

As for that ending..
Spoiler for Episode 12 ending:
Old 2007-09-26, 12:55   Link #71
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Come on, if I were in her predicament, I'd suspect virtually everyone, and I'd venture most people would do the same. I am not saying she should have done like me and considered Takano a prime suspect but still it seemed implausible that she hadn't considred the possibility of that, knowing that Takano is pretty much the most informed person about the situation in Hinamizawa and its residents.
Rika is very important to Takano and Irie's research of Hinamizawa Syndrome. Rika knows how dedicated they are to the project.
Old 2007-09-26, 13:07   Link #72
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
There isn't any way she would suspect Takano because she DIED.
Rika doesn't know Takano faked her death, she has nearly no possibility to know about it AT ALL.
How can you suspect a dead people, especially that her death and tomitake's are quite logic if the mastermind wants her life?
No there isn't any possibility, especially she doesn't have the time to get the clues about a possible plot from her.
And like MarthX said, Rika is important for Takano and Irie's research.
Quote:
I am not saying they shouldn't have believed Rika but I would have preferred if they had showed some doubt at first but probably time contraints prevented the anime from showing something like that.
No, it isn't anything about time constraints.
See keiichi about fate? See how they believed her right away about Tomitake and Takano?
Now since the later event happened, no way it is hard to believe her.
Not to mention they know Rika well, and she isn't the type of girl to tell lies or silly things (and let's not mention they heard her saying she will be killed while she didn't know they were there)
Quote:
And yes, the syndrome might be a pretty effective tool but it's bound to be detected at some point. It is useful, if you want to cease power by eliminating your opponents, but it seems to be it would almost useless in a war, that's why I was surprised that some militaristic faction (I am assuming that since Biological Weapons Convention was mentioned) was so interested in it. Then again, most such factions do not tend to be that rational.
Almost useless in a war? well, it is true it isn't convenient enough; that's the reason they were doing research so they can use it on grandscale and the like. if they can increase and control the growth for instant L5 on a spray, that would be an overkill weapon.

It is quite normal to think this kind of weapon is damn fearsome, especially it doesn't look like it is possible to trace, considering the coroners reports in the TIPS.
Old 2007-09-26, 13:40   Link #73
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Just so people know the previews for episodes 14 and 15 are on nico
Old 2007-09-26, 14:08   Link #74
Kazuki_Kun

I watched the previews, but why two? o_o And why so soon?
Old 2007-09-26, 14:18   Link #75
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

They got leaked

Spoiler for 14&15:
Old 2007-09-26, 14:31   Link #76
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Spoiler for Saw preview for ep13:
Old 2007-09-26, 14:35   Link #77
MarthX

I wonder how they get leaked. Are they uploaded but not linked and people discover their url or what?
Old 2007-09-26, 14:36   Link #78
Mystearika

saw the ep it was great, this serie is truly my favorite,

Spoiler for for preview:
Old 2007-09-26, 14:37   Link #79
Matrim

Quote:
There isn't any way she would suspect Takano because she DIED.
No, she didn't.

Quote:
Rika doesn't know Takano faked her death, she has nearly no possibility to know about it AT ALL.
How can you suspect a dead people, especially that her death and tomitake's are quite logic if the mastermind wants her life?
Well, then half of this forum are genuises because they (or rather we) suspected Takano ever since her convenient for faking "death". All I am saying that if I somehow get brutally murdered so many times, I would suspect everyone, including those I am not 100% certain that are dead. Also, the most obvious motive would be the knowledge that Rika is the "queen bee" of Hinamizawa which also points at Takano among others.

Quote:
It is quite normal to think this kind of weapon is damn fearsome, especially it doesn't look like it is possible to trace, considering the coroners reports in the TIPS.
Well, it was detected during World War II so it's obviously not totally undetectable.

Old 2007-09-26, 14:41   Link #80
MarthX

Quote:
Well, then half of this forum are genuises because they (or rather we) suspected Takano ever since her convenient for faking "death".
I'm pretty sure no one considered that a serious possibility until after episode 8 of season one. Ooishi told Keiichi that Takano was reported dead before they entered the storehouse.
Closed Thread