AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-08-30, 19:19   Link #61
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

This chapter gets a thumbs up from me for including nostalgic value. I haven't heard of some of these tales since I was in school as a kid

Spoiler for A nightingale by any other name ...:

Usual start, not really impressive but lays out the road for the main show.

Hope to break a leg, this arc!

PS it's really interesting that Hyobu seems to be more cautious than usual by scanning the kids memories himself instead of letting them tell him what happened. I don't know but it added to the feeling that he was really serious about what he's about to do ...

@Nosauz hmm I don't think that, other than her relevancy to the play, Feather will have that much of a role here. Going by the title it looks it'll be more Yuri/Phantom Daughter centric
Old 2010-08-31, 01:01   Link #62
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
snip
I'm inclined to agree with Nosauz on this, something big is going to go on during this arc, and more likely it'll be pretty nasty, and lay the groundwork for everything ahead in this story, I mean, all of the cards are in place, all that needs to be done is topple them.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 04:39   Link #63
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

whut. whuT. WHAT!?

Spoiler for 230:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 05:00   Link #64
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm... going to go with mistranslation on that one. (Seriously, who'd like Tanizuki?)

I think she just threw him to the matchmaker as a greater challenge than herself.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 05:16   Link #65
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

whut. whuT. WHAT!?

Spoiler for 230:
Spoiler:
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 09:53   Link #66
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Other than that, the main chapter was hilarious. Yet it is time to enter serious mode. One thing's for sure, this arc will change the series composition beyond the point of no return.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 11:10   Link #67
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Wow was my eyes deceiving me or was that a sharingan rip off?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 14:21   Link #68
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

More of a shout-out then a rip-off, especially since it didn't even do anything,
Old 2010-09-13, 13:20   Link #69
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
(Seriously, who'd like Tanizuki?)
... Keiko?

Or maybe not anymore?

about the chapter itself, I found it nice and all, but I hope those two are not the ones responsible for capturing Yuuri. I could see how they can keep her sedated/replace her later on, but beating her is an entirely different issue.
Old 2010-09-13, 14:47   Link #70
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Other than that, the main chapter was hilarious. Yet it is time to enter serious mode. One thing's for sure, this arc will change the series composition beyond the point of no return.
Well if it doesn't, it will at least reveal who Feather is. Still I'm really excited for the resolution of the arc, although I find the costumes for the play quite horrendous, these are psychics damnit, they can make better costumes.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 17:16   Link #71
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Spoiler for ch. 232:
Old 2010-10-03, 09:21   Link #72
Proto

I really doubt it, Yuuri is supposed to be the best hypno user in the world (I would be pretty sure that she is a lvl 7 at it), while Hyoubu is more like an amalgamation of powers that become lvl 7 when you take the accumulation of all of them. So no, I really doubt it.
Old 2010-10-03, 19:42   Link #73
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Well, even if she was a Lv 7(? I'm not sure we ever learned of her level, but I guess looking at her handy work we can assume that) there isn't anything that stops her from falling into Hyoubu's hypnosis (hell, Hyoubu gave other Lv 7's and Multi-power users a run for their money several times). She might notice after a while that things are off, but what makes me think that this all a ploy is that I don't see how will the Nia and Ninja fit in this fight otherwise.

Unless their coming to be her chauffeurs :P
Old 2010-10-03, 22:04   Link #74
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I'm inclined to think Yuuri is a big stronger in hypno than Hyobu. Considering that only kaoru could remove the hypnosis she placed on the brainwashed children (and this was via some magical esp power and not hypno) and hyobu couldn't, it kinda implies that yuuri's hypno >>> hyobus at least.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 22:26   Link #75
Proto

@Arabesque: Well, color me impressed, you were right.
Old 2010-10-06, 23:44   Link #76
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

*Punch monitor*

Why did I have to get it right this time?

I'm so annoyed at this chapter, it was so predictable (even the damn cliffhanger)

Grr ... why can't be wrong when I want to be wrong
Old 2010-10-07, 07:25   Link #77
Proto

If it makes you feel better I liked it. Since in my case it was unpredictable.
Old 2010-10-07, 10:14   Link #78
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

... you're enjoying this aren't you?

Spoiler for ESP in action:

It's not that I hate how things turned out mind you, just that I hoped things wouldn't have went how I saw them because it looked like (to me) the obvious direction.
Old 2010-10-17, 20:14   Link #79
Proto

Chapter 234

Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-28, 13:41   Link #80
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

So I had this weird nagging feeling that was telling me that I forgot something that I should do.

Um, yeah sorry for the really late rely there Proto.
Quote:
Well Arabesque, you wanted unexpected, out of the blue development.
It's not so much that I wanted a completely-out-of-left field one, as much as I wanted it to make me second guess evry prediction I made, or as you've nicely put it put a ''perverse twist'' on it.

I was very happy with this chapter from that angle. Nearly everything I said would happen had happened, however none of that was the focus of the chapter as I had anticipated (in fact, I was overreacting a bit(?) in my post, again sorry about that) It's this sort of storytelling that I appreciate and look for in all fiction, developments that are something that many wouldn't see coming, yet at the same time fit in with the established characterisations.

On the actual content, this was a very good farewell chapter. It gave the original persona some nice closer, and despite what she had done, I couldn't but feel for Yuri at the end there.

What's really interesting however was that she wasn't actually conceived naturally (or rather, willingly *shiver*) and Black Phantoms comment on her other siblings who were deemed failures. Could this be a hint for ''Phantom Siblings'' ?

Quote:
Will she just become a muggle from now on? Will she switch sides? Will we get another arc with Black Phantom trying to recover their esper?
I doubt that things will go that smoothly. She'll be out of action for the time being, but unless Hybou was being literal and only sealed off the Yuri, then Phantom Daughter might just come out from time to time

Switching sides ... well, she was never that keen on following Phantom's orders anyway, and even saved Nia and covered for Ninja even though the latter was ordered to be killed. I'm thinking that when she does show up (to help close off her mothers storyline) she'll aid the Children.

I'm counting on it, but hey it could go anywhere from this point on

Tags
action, shounen