AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 45 40.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 25.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 12.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 12.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-13, 21:37   Link #101
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Which is really odd because most of those parts that people wanted to see were Kuroko monologues I believe, what's there to see in a monologue?! Unless they're fans of angst then I have nothing to say :heh
They're just extremely picky and want to complain.

Internal monologues : = They want to be told that teleportation had its weaknesses, approach, etc. And the angst.

We were told this during Railgun, and rule of animation is 'show, don't tell', which was already strongly hinted when Awaki rolled herself back with the luggage bag.

Injury : = Injury doesn't look painful, I wanted to see some more blood and Kuroko struggling back.

We knew during S1 that gore and blood was never going to be as explicitly expressed in the anime. And with the injury's severity downplayed, the need for the 'difficulty coming back to the dorm' scene was also not necessary. Tit-for-tat.

Accelerator-Last Order extra dialogues : = you know which one I meant.

That was such a long dialogue scene. Not that important, since the whole point of the Accelerator scene was to show how he is now, and his own version of the 'fukou-da' he's experiencing. No need to over-hammer the point.

Misaka's beating fodders scene : = boooo only a Single Railgun shot.

Hardly necessary. The whole scene was just padding to the Awaki/Misaka confrontation anyway and to make Kuroko realise Onee-sama was lying.

The last scene with Awaki escaping = Misaka OOC, no explanation, blahblahblah.

Spoiler:

Could it be better? Yes. Personally, I didn't think Shower Scene Mk.III was necessary. But the complains of 'not enough monologues' is extremely premature in my opinion.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 21:48   Link #102
Dralha

This must be when Index becomes a secondary character that disappears for the remainder of the series.

I could at least give this episode a few points for Kuroko fanservice.
Old 2010-11-13, 21:52   Link #103
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

also ppl have to consider that probably these scenes will get more insigth when railgun get to this part, also this is nothing new S1 even took out characters from the story.
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 22:04   Link #104
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Accelerator-Last Order extra dialogues : = you know which one I meant.

That was such a long dialogue scene. Not that important, since the whole point of the Accelerator scene was to show how he is now, and his own version of the 'fukou-da' he's experiencing. No need to over-hammer the point.
Long? More like incredibly short. J.C. Staff left out the part which clarified that Last Order still has her memories Accelerator, which was important as it directly connected to episode 20 of the first season. That, and I wanted to see how they would animate Last Order quoting that one heroic line Accel said and the face Accel made when he found out...
Old 2010-11-13, 22:15   Link #105
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Long? More like incredibly short. J.C. Staff left out the part which clarified that Last Order still has her memories Accelerator, which was important as it directly connected to episode 20 of the first season. That, and I wanted to see how they would animate Last Order quoting that one heroic line Accel said and the face Accel made when he found out...
Just wait the next week, you must know already "who" will steal the show at the end.

And I'm waiting to see him destroying blinded people illusions .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 22:33   Link #106
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
I do think Last Order still having the memories will be subtly told eventually, anyway. It's a point, but not exactly a vital one.

As for the heroic line thing, there's next episode after all.

It's not perfect, but I don't think the episode was 'horribad' or 'novel raped!' just because there were these omissions.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 22:52   Link #107
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I'm wondering... Is Touma getting some lose change from the Anglican church for taking care of Index ? He doesn't seem to be penniless having to get MUCH MORE FOOD for Index.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 22:55   Link #108
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
I'm wondering... Is Touma getting some lose change from the Anglican church for taking care of Index ? He doesn't seem to be penniless having to get MUCH MORE FOOD for Index.
As far as I know, he isn't getting any extra money-

Touma has always had 'enough' money technically. It's just that he's so unlucky a lot of it goes down the drains.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 22:59   Link #109
tsunade666

now that you mentioned that I wonder. .. . .... but it looks like all his money comes from his parents. But that would probably kill his bills.... but then again maybe that's why Touma is so fix with sales.

I don't have any problem in this episode aside from omitted bystanders.
Old 2010-11-13, 23:00   Link #110
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
A) Magic
B) Anglican Church's funds goes to Touma's debit card.
C) Anglican Church's funds goes to Touma's hospital insurance.
D) Both, B and C are right.
E) Aleister's funds goes to... well you know what I mean

NOTE: This doesn't means Touma will get extra money.
Old 2010-11-13, 23:02   Link #111
Flere821
Lurker

Well, in the novels (previous ones, this is NOT a spoiler) it said students get scholarship grants depending on their Esper levels - Touma moaned about it once since his parents use this as the reason to not give him extra money.

Before Index came he was living alright, even if on a tight budget. But now he's constantly cutting back due to Index + Sphinx.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 23:05   Link #112
Miraluka
Banned

Don't forget the collateral damage his room suffers time to time and the bad luck which causes him to do all his homework and buying the same reference material again.
Old 2010-11-13, 23:16   Link #113
tsunade666

the room and his hospital bills are probably back up by a certain up side down person in a test tube.
Old 2010-11-14, 01:04   Link #114
Kakkou
Tch.

Ugh, after reading that excerpt of the Accel/LO scene in the bath, my initial liking of this ep dropped a little. I hope that talk does make it's way into the anime somehow. Could have cut out/shortened those useless Sparky/Lesboko shower/shopping scenes for that instead, maybe even the Index scene. Hope for Accelerator awesomeness next week!
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 01:16   Link #115
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

the conversation between acc and LO migth happen in the next ep in a more serious tone, and it was me or LO voice sounded a little more high-pitched?
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 01:31   Link #116
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
A) Magic
B) Anglican Church's funds goes to Touma's debit card.
C) Anglican Church's funds goes to Touma's hospital insurance.
D) Both, B and C are right.
E) Aleister's funds goes to... well you know what I mean

NOTE: This doesn't means Touma will get extra money.
Templates like these are forbidden.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 03:52   Link #117
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I didn't even read the novel when watching the episode, and that was already clear to me. Last Order talking about Accelerator's ability was kind of a giveaway.

That, and the anime only hinted at the memory erasing, but never confirmed it. Like I said, nice fluff scene, but hardly essential.

Episode could have done with a bit less shower scene though. It's like this series is lacking in fanservice, so while pile up on it? Though when I see the reactions on other sites, I understand why. Sex sells, after all. Even if it's animated. It's a pity more relevant scenes have to be cut out to increase the profit of an anime these days.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 12:27   Link #118
eiyuu99

No one gets in the way of Index and her food.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 13:05   Link #119
zaeraal

saten ruiko cameo

well about saten cameo.
I managed to screen 2 pics -

first one showing 2 students wearing sakugawa middle school uniform, but their heads werent shown, so only hope remain. (this scene apears 2 times in this episode)

this second picture shows a person very very similar to saten, except that she has a shorter skirt.

again, both scenes apear for a very short time. first one around 6:33-6:35 and repeated 15:44-15:46
second one about 4:21-4:22
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 13:09   Link #120
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

You have no idea how unintentionlly funny you are. You just totally made my day. XD
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote