AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-14, 12:31   Link #261
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Those are the pages I was referring to. We have Yuki pushing Toru down, then calling him a liar while he's still on the ground. Where is the evidence that this is beyond their first confrontation?
She pushes him down in the classroom. The other one is in the front of the school. Please don't just look at the thumbnails.
Old 2011-02-14, 14:21   Link #262
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
The sequence doesn't have a dream like decoration, it looks pretty clear to be a flashback.
Since the guys are faceless glowing eyed monsters, there's room for it being more interpretative than an actual memory.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 00:52   Link #263
Kazehaya44

chaper 15?

i'm sorry, chaper 15? where did you find them? can you send me a link or something?
i read until chaper 11 and i can't find the others ones..pls i wanna read those chaper badly!
Kazehaya44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 01:11   Link #264
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazehaya44 View Post
i'm sorry, chaper 15? where did you find them? can you send me a link or something?
i read until chaper 11 and i can't find the others ones..pls i wanna read those chaper badly!
up to 11 is scanlated. but there are still a few more raw chapters
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 13:38   Link #265
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for chap 12:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 14:00   Link #266
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Seems like someone has been skipping pages.

Yeah that doesn't seem like a dream sequence (made up) but rather a flashback he was having of what happened to him.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 15:21   Link #267
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Spoiler for chap 12:
Spoiler for reply:
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 16:15   Link #268
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
Spoiler for reply:
Hmm, while I admit I do read/watch quite a bit of h-anime/manga, I would say it's the latter. The very idea of such an event has far more impact in a series that lacks such situations. Perhaps its knowing the probable consequences to that action that affects the character in combination of said character being innocent(or sometimes, just absolutely stupid/naive, or is emotionally out-of-char for some reason) that makes me feel that way; an amalgam of things that I am thinking at that one moment just makes me go 'doki-doki'.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 17:02   Link #269
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Ok, WTF did just happened there.

And as for the question on how Toru knew, well, what exactly was the guys iris again?
Old 2011-02-17, 17:12   Link #270
Nemuru

Quote:
Hmm, while I admit I do read/watch quite a bit of h-anime/manga, I would say it's the latter. The very idea of such an event has far more impact in a series that lacks such situations. Perhaps its knowing the probable consequences to that action that affects the character in combination of said character being innocent(or sometimes, just absolutely stupid/naive, or is emotionally out-of-char for some reason) that makes me feel that way; an amalgam of things that I am thinking at that one moment just makes me go 'doki-doki'.
*finding words*
Spoiler for reply:
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 17:53   Link #271
Shadow5YA

... or there's a possibility that the rumor is not true.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 17:58   Link #272
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
*finding words*
Spoiler for reply:
To me, he has the similar attitude of Rygart (from Break blade) in the first part of the story. He says the same, if he can take the blows, then the other person may just back away.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 18:46   Link #273
Cyz
"Show it to me"

As much as his intentions were noble, Toru could've at least put a resistance. A useless punk like that one that kicked him should learn a lesson or two. Ah, talk about a nice guy. He's a whole lot better than any of those who had iris who completely depend on it but Toru depends on his wits and experiences that he doesn't need one at all.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 18:50   Link #274
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Spoiler for chap 12:
Spoiler for ch12:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 19:15   Link #275
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Spoiler for ch12:
Spoiler for ch12:
Old 2011-02-17, 21:30   Link #276
ZeKeR
Superbad

ookay... that was something....
Old 2011-02-17, 22:38   Link #277
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
As much as his intentions were noble, Toru could've at least put a resistance. A useless punk like that one that kicked him should learn a lesson or two. Ah, talk about a nice guy. He's a whole lot better than any of those who had iris who completely depend on it but Toru depends on his wits and experiences that he doesn't need one at all.
I think Toru's at the point where he's tired of resisting. He had to put up with this kind of bullying since he was a kid, so he'd rather let things take its course than waste more energy.

It seems that a person's character is affected by the Iris they have while growing up. Koyuki's ability to see a person's qualification has made her a good judge of character, Yuki's ability to directly see lies made her have a rigid sense of justice and a very judgmental character, and Hijiri's ability to see death made him very gloomy, but at the same time he seems to enjoy and appreciate his life the most now since he knows that he knows what it's like to lose something.

Perhaps Kuga's ability to see emotions has caused to her to become a bit spiteful and cynical since she may have seen a fair share of insincere people. As she showed, she can see through lies a bit more thoroughly with her Iris than Yuki can with hers.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 23:12   Link #278
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Interesting. They outright call the Iris Hunter a she.

Love the darkness in this whole thing. I have to wonder what the authors are going to do to tastefully top this. Most of my ideas go off the deep end.

Spoiler for Chapter SEVENTEEN (careful):
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 23:24   Link #279
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Interesting. They outright call the Iris Hunter a she.

Love the darkness in this whole thing. I have to wonder what the authors are going to do to tastefully top this. Most of my ideas go off the deep end.

Spoiler for Chapter SEVENTEEN (careful):
dealing with psychological problems MIGHT not be in toru's abilities.... probably... he DID say he cant solve something that has to much emotions.
Old 2011-02-18, 00:09   Link #280
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
dealing with psychological problems MIGHT not be in toru's abilities.... probably... he DID say he cant solve something that has to much emotions.
Not psychological problems per se. He has a huge weakness with love and friendship, but he has experienced and knows full well what fear, loathing, and isolation are. Part of his character's problem is that his style of avoiding the waves of negative emotions isolates him from positive emotions too. He likely hasn't felt as supported as what Yuki did to him in a while.

I'd like to see more of how he handles having fun with friends in any way. That probably never occurred to him.

What's left is probably Sasamori. She's a bit too optimistic of everything and doesn't fully realize that it can force people around her like Toru to suffer. I'd expect Yuki to start reprimanding her after the sad look of realization on her face this chapter.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen