AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-07-14, 19:32   Link #21
Namusranger
I got many hidden talents

Send a message via AIM to Namusranger Send a message via MSN to Namusranger Send a message via Yahoo to Namusranger
I'm 21 years old, so I saw anime before the days of endless runs of DBZ, Pokemon and stuff, as a kid I used to watch anything that came on tv, without knowing that it was anime I saw: Candy Candy, Reni, Saint Seya, Tekkoman Blade, Button Nose, Zenki, Noozles. etc. so as I grew I kept watching and Discovered they were called Animes and stuff
Namusranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 19:41   Link #22
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I suppose my first anime was Speed Racer, Astroboy, and Gigantor back in the 1960s. They were terrible but you couldn't take your eyes off of them. Jonny Quest in the late 60s might as well have been anime because of its production values and plot (for the time). Then there was that odd live-action show called Ultraman that they canceled as soon as the heroes fell in love. After that was a long dry spell til I noticed my kids watching Pokemon... clever but why were they calling sushi "donuts"? I ignored the whole PokeDBZSailorMoon period....
then about 3 years ago, some guy who wrote this thing called Megatokyo kept pointing out this stuff where he got his inspiration .... amazing..... animated romantic comedies where people didn't spend all their time posing and shouting battle moves. I got hooked on the relationship anime... that awoke my interest in manga... then it all went downhill to my doom after that.
Old 2006-07-14, 20:41   Link #23
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Me decent int othis wonderful world would have to be when i was like 4 years old and i remember my cousins renting and watching Fist of the North Star and seeing Kenshiro bust some heads got me into it so I have practically been a fan my entire life.
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 21:27   Link #24
Shinku

i got addicted to anime because i love how they designed their eyes and how they designed their body and overall physiques. So u can say i fell in love wif anime because of affection. I also enjoy the combat from some anime and romance from others. Plus I love drawing anime!
Shinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-14, 22:48   Link #25
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

I started watching Dragonball Z on TV, litturally watching the series time and time again because thats all that was on. Then I started to watch another series on TV called Megabots, and thought they were just normal cartoons for kids like looney toons or w/e, didn even know they were anime.

Didn wtach anything for a few years then, just downloading the odd Dragonball Z amv, untill I decided to download all of the Dragonball Z series. With that a m8 of mine who I met in highschool asked me if I had watched anything else anime related, didn have a clue wtf he was on about so he lent me some eps of FMA that he downloaded, then I started to get into Mainstream series like Naruto and Bleach, then I downloaded another series from the same torrent site called Tsubasa Chronicle. Which I found out wasnt anything like the anime I watched before, and so I started to look at anime review sites and found there was more to anime than just people kicking the shit out of others.

During the winter months the weather was really crap so going out was a no no, so I tended to stay in and watch anime instead, or m8s would come over and watch it, and got addicted
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 01:24   Link #26
Solecs

From the other thread about what anime got you hooked:
Quote:
ok well, this is a bit of a story for me so here goes. My first anime experience that I remember was seeing Vampire Hunter D and Speed Racer on TV here, no idea when that was though. Following that I had a stint of Ronin Warriors, and Samurai Pizza Cats (I think that was an anime....?). Of course, those were way back when I didn't know they were anime, but just thought of them as cartoons finding out later that they were anime. I think it was around this time that I started watching Toonami with Voltron and all that (not the new toonami with Tom and whatnot). After that, I started watching episodes of Ranma 1/2 that I got from my older cousin, and also around the same time I saw Vision of Escaflowne on tv as well. I guess I really didn't get into the anime scene untill I started high school in 2001 and we finally got Cartoon Network on tv at my house again, and also when I got a broadband internet connection. It was actually Adult Swim and Cowboy Bebop that put me full in with anime along with the other shows in the original line up. Finally, a friend at my school loaned me CD's of I My Me Strawberry Eggs which got me acquainted with the internet community, fansubs. and non-mainstream anime. Since then, it's all been downhill snowballing for me, heh. Erm, yeah, I guess that was a bit much, oh well, I was just a bit caught up in reminiscing.
and addendum though, in middle school I did in fact get caught up with all the monster shows (pokemon, digimon, monster rancher) and card game shows and the ilk, which for the time I enjoyed a lot, not so much though now. I'm not really sure I consider those shows anime in a sense these days, still good memories though. As to why I got into anime, like most people, the stories, the characters, the art, the entertainment, just everything. Also, I guess a big reason for me why I like anime is also character development. That is, being able to learn more about, relate to, and to an extent love and care for these fictional character. Ok, I'm going to stop now, since this could go on to endless lenghts, so yeah =Þ.
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 01:26   Link #27
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I watched various super robot anime when I was 3 years old or something, I've been watching for 16 years since.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 10:41   Link #28
Eclipze

Well, it seems to be quite long, so I'll tag it.
Spoiler:

And thats it.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 14:19   Link #29
ergoproxy
Ergo Proxy

I just downlowded some random series nd stareted to like it
ergoproxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 16:07   Link #30
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

I became fed up with the crap that was always on television. I started thinking about the only thing I ever did watch on TV - which was Saturday Anime. So I began to find anime shows here and there and download a little bit. It was the only stuff I ever watched. Then [AS] came about a few years later and I started watching anime on that. I enjoyed it even more and started downloading even more. So now I watch tons of anime and nothing else.

So the reason I got into anime was because 99% of all television is crap. Oh and you can only play UO or WoW for so long....
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 03:36   Link #31
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

many moons ago, there was an anime known as sailor moon.
I, a six year old boy, found myself fascinated by it. In my head I even 'wrote' my first fan fiction. Years later would come Pokemon, DBZ, all that kid stuff. And then the greatness of Toonami. AND GUNDAM!
The came adult swim and Kazaa! Sure Kazaa ate my computer for lunch before I found out about Oh Glorious Bit Torrent, but I found much anime in a time before I had money and a job.
Then came the glorious advent of HAVING A JOB AND BUYING ANIME ON MY OWN!
There's a great sense of ownership! Ranma 1/2, Steel Angel Kurumi, Saber Marionette J...it was all mine!

As to why I got into anime? It just kinda happened. Like video games, there's never REALLY been a point in my life where I didn't find myself drawn to one anime or video game.
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 13:03   Link #32
CLAMPshinobi

Send a message via AIM to CLAMPshinobi Send a message via Yahoo to CLAMPshinobi
Well i like most anime but... then i saw how perverted an anime can be *cough cough* puni puni poemi! *cough*
CLAMPshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 20:49   Link #33
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Me, I've watched Voltes V and those other weird super robot shows wherein their main leads look the same as the previous (or was it later?) incarnations (See Voltes V = Combattler V). Then there's Ultraman, Magmaman, Machine Man, Biomen, Shaider, Maskman (wow a LOT of men)...those live action series with all those awe-inspiring costumes when they fight (AKA the old school Power Rangers). It was only during Sailormoon that I REALLY got hooked, though.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 07:09   Link #34
Lotiman

I saw the babe in Vandread and hook me up.
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 18:25   Link #35
SilentBob
I like corm

I got into anime through television. I lived in Spain for a period of time back in the 80s, and there were some animes airing on TV there. First Candy Candy, then Dr.Slump. I also got to watch some anime on satellite TV, I think the channel in question was FilmNet (now discontinued), there I watched some movies, among them Windaria, which was what really hooked me on anime. Later on when we moved back to my home country (Norway), there was no anime on TV, so I had to rely on VHS cassettes from the local video store and such. In later times, GITS and Akira would occasionally air on TV, but it wasn't until I discovered fansubs on the net about 5+ years ago that things got really serious again.
SilentBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 02:28   Link #36
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
How..... when I'm at my elementary years the 1st one that I watched was DBZ, and at that time that kind of show is not an anime at first but it is knowned as cartoons in our country.... and as time goes on the tv network made a release of nice animes (consists of almost shounen anime HXH, Flame of Recca etc....) and because of that, the anime become popular in our country....

Why?....because I'm just bored in some shows in our local channels that's why I get in into anime...
Old 2007-02-23, 04:56   Link #37
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

I already knew about anime from when I was young and liked it a long time ago, although I didn't get addicted before until last summer when I mass watch anime after quitting a game that I played.

I particularly love the anime character designs... Many people hate big eyes characters but those are what got me into anime in the first place. (along with those interesting stories, of course)

I'm not native to America and when I moved here, I was very disappointed by the American cartoons... they are completely uninteresting ._. ... Luckily I have computer to download animes
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 06:03   Link #38
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Ever since i was a kid i have been interested in various cartoons. I remember i wouldn't miss shows like Pokemon and Digimon for the world when they were airing on a local TV station Later when Cartoon Network came along i remember seeing Gundam Wing on it... which peaked my interest - it was really different from all the other stuff and cartoons. But i didn't take any action back then to pursue anime in any way.

A few years ago a friend of mine pulled all the series of DragonballZ out of somewhere (He is not watching anime, so i have no idea where he got that) - i have to say i was quite hooked on that ... the amount of episodes i watched each day was quite astronomical ...i guess this is where the root of my anime addiction lies

A while later (about a year and a half ago, following a prolonged period of "anime silence") i noticed something named "Elfen Lied" and "Fullmetal Alchemist" in our local FTP server ... without knowing what those things were i downloaded them simply because the name seemed interesting to me ...

Needless to say i was left quite shocked by these two titles. I had no idea where they came from, but i knew i wanted more of this stuff

Long story short - after stumbling around the net for a while i somehow landed here on AnimeSuki after a while i developed interest in other genres that didn't involve guys beating the living daylights out of each other, and after a good while of lurking around i decided to register on these forums And so -here i am. Pleased to meet you all
Old 2007-02-23, 06:52   Link #39
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

my story
(a bit long )

Spoiler:

(not to mention I have about 100 Manga books, and I love to read them. though Ai Yori Aoshi is my favorite Manga and one of my favorite Animes )

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 06:54   Link #40
tengis

my mum bought me a book and i read all that serie and then my friend sent me a one piece episode
tengis is offline   Reply With Quote