AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-08-19, 01:18   Link #341
jasper222

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
what's going on? tell me clearly
I'm pissed that the other 2 main girls, Aoi and Shiho, are given minimal development compared to Kaoru, the main main girl lead.

I know what the author is doing, that he's using Kaoru's budding love for Minamoto as maturity development so she turns out to be this all powerful but benevolent esper leader, but in the process he shelves the other 2 and he tries to remedy this by making them fall for other people despite all the development in the past with Minamoto himself like all these other people in the universe haven't been open to a harem end (Fujiko, Sakaki, hell even Minamoto's own mom). Matsukaze being there is just a death knell for their characterization, because this means another Minamoto/Kaoru development that I'm already tired of.

I would have accepted both Barret and Sakaki if they were more developed on that end, but it's just ship tease after ship tease with no real development whatsoever.

Yes I understand that Minamoto might not have responded appropriately to their affections, but that would just be poor writing. What makes Barret and Sakaki have THAT much more influence than the person who guided, raised, and loved them? Would they suddenly give up a half-decade+ of falling for Minamoto just because he didn't kiss them once in middle school? If that's the case then that just means their love was never LOVE, it was just infatuation, yet how can you be JUST infatuated with the person who basically saved your entire life, ON ALL ASPECTS? You see main couples in other fiction falling for less.
jasper222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 01:30   Link #342
jasper222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Basically author giving all the spotlight to Kaoru and sidelining the other two and half assedly put them away by giving really poor interactions with other characters so as to not enrage the readers because all the series was about Minamoto and the 3 thus any other character getting in the way is BS even if said character is one of the main girl(Kaoru).
Yes, I wish that there's more Aoi/Shiho chapters. If Shiina really wants to pair them with Barret/Sakaki, then give us chapters with real development not just panty flashes and snark dialogue.
jasper222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 00:39   Link #343
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

im so sick of this mind control bs, cant we just have evil espers....
Old 2017-03-12, 12:05   Link #344
dark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
Yes, I wish that there's more Aoi/Shiho chapters. If Shiina really wants to pair them with Barret/Sakaki, then give us chapters with real development not just panty flashes and snark dialogue.
i didnt like shiho sakai pair cause in case of kaori i can accept the age difference but Sakaki it is forced
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-02, 02:55   Link #345
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

The updates are back.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 23:38   Link #346
mark1246

After the newest chapter raw 608, were finally heading toward the end game. I give it like 1-2 volumes before it end & the mangaka retirement. Dont expected he knew this series was gonna be this huge
Old 2021-04-14, 00:41   Link #347
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I can't really get invested in this final arc. It really feels like the series lost some direction since !not-Minamoto enter the series, but this rescue the black phantom brainwashed espers has been a particularly bad low point for the series given we keep doing the same formula over and over. A shame since everything up to that point was really excellent. The confrontation against Gillian just before the current arc was really good... aw well.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen