3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 1 1.11%
1 out of 10: Tortuous... 0 0%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-16, 06:06   Link #21
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

What's the chances that Yurin is the pilot of the Gafran that Flit beat last episode?
Old 2011-10-16, 06:30   Link #22
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
What's the chances that Yurin is the pilot of the Gafran that Flit beat last episode?
I would say pretty likely from her reaction upon seeing the gundam. But then again, it could just be some trauma of some sort/or fear of big giant robots
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 06:32   Link #23
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Exciting episode, there's a lot of conspiracy set up this episode which hopefully would lead to bigger things in the end. Grodek is no-nonsense, but is also hinting that he's not exactly trust-worthy yet and has something to hide. The Feds are useless and corrupted as per Gundam history, and it looks like we will have a casualty very soon in the form of the Commander. It's also good to see that the crew isn't totally green and panicky. They laid down some pretty decent pieces this episode that's for sure. Almost makes me think they should have done a 1 hour pilot instead which would certainly get a lot more people interested in the series compared with the luke warm first episode.

AGE System is completely believable - we already apply biological evolution theory in computer design simulation to obtain the best and most fitting design, and we also have 3D printers today, a combination of these two things with just a little bit of sci-fi spin is very convincing, it may look like toys but it is way more convincing than say something like Trans-ARM or the Zero System. Kudos to the writers for coming up with such a system. Also if Flit came up with such a system then damn he is one hell of a mechanical genius, possibly the most clever in all Gundam universe.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 06:47   Link #24
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
I would say pretty likely from her reaction upon seeing the gundam. But then again, it could just be some trauma of some sort/or fear of big giant robots
A Gafran was waiting for something outside the point Yurin led the Gundam and was surprised when Flit crash into it. Maybe not the pilot at all; she's actually the supposed disintegrated Gafran itself. Although can you imagine Yurin shooting indiscriminately at everything last episode?
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 06:59   Link #25
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
A Gafran was waiting for something outside the point Yurin led the Gundam and was surprised when Flit crash into it. Maybe not the pilot at all; she's actually the supposed disintegrated Gafran itself. Although can you imagine Yurin shooting indiscriminately at everything last episode?
They can always pull the amnesia card .
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 07:05   Link #26
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
They can always pull the amnesia card .
Or, the conveniently innocent-looking girl card...

Worked best with Lacus, why not replicate this scene again.
Old 2011-10-16, 07:07   Link #27
topboy
poor man

8/10

Weapon that can upgrade after every battle, the more stronger enemy in that battle are the more stronger out come weapon. Many anime used this concept before (cobra,jojo,fate,etc.) but this is the first time that it implement in gundam series.

This episode is so excited, if only it's not the shota protagonist it would be 10/10.
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 07:08   Link #28
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Now this is what I'm talking about. After the rather standard first episode, second episode is really a vast improvement and set up plots for the upcoming episodes. As usual, the Federation officers are dick, and it is satisfying to see Grudech taking matters in his own hands. Still, his methods are radical and I wonder if he is some other ulterior motives?

Age Gundam shows more of its power and that Age System really wows me. It's a beauty seeing it at work and constructs the Dods Rifle. I'm hoping the writers have good uses of it though and not letting it becoming some deus ex machina. Also, I really don't know how much the Age Builder will develop once we reach Age-2 and Age-3. Portable? Create from nothing? Energy weapons?

There must be something wrong with the girl Yurin. New type power? Wandering places she shouldn't be? Awfully scared of Gundam? Must be UE related, best bet the pilot of the Gafran Flit beat last episode.

I'm liking the series more and more. The next episode will be much better. Bring on the Zedas!
Old 2011-10-16, 08:17   Link #29
kiak666

Damn, the Dodds Rifle sure packs a lot of punch!!! And the Zedas's flight mode kind of reminds me of the Regnant's MA mode.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 08:37   Link #30
brightman
Ancient Member

I love how all the Tiffa Adill comparisons came up when Yurin was first unveil, and lo and behold, its practically Tiffa Adill right there... First there was a Chibi-Sayla, now a Tiffa... Wondering if they are deliberately bringing back Gundam heroines...

But yeah, this is exactly the type of episode that this show needs... The start of all the conspiracy and the fact that everything isn't as bright and cheerful as it seems. Mysterious girls and captains with unknown motives coming out of nowhere. And the whole AGE system concept finally coming out and its much better and makes more sense than what was speculated.

Can't wait to see how this one develops.
Old 2011-10-16, 10:05   Link #31
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

I like the whole mysterious feeling this show is heading into. The AGE builder is pretty cool, but i get a feeling its going to start milking the fans money by having weapons that will be used once. 7/10

I'm starting to like Yurin more then Emily, i'm hoping she ends up with Flit.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 10:25   Link #32
LordEmbok

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
I loved the Episode,

Spoiler for About Yurin:
Probably because of the way she appears on Flit's helmet in the ED.
LordEmbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 10:34   Link #33
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEmbok View Post
Probably because of the way she appears on Flit's helmet in the ED.
She and the red-haired kid don't physically appear in the OP either, unlike every other major character... The two of them appearing with Flit's mom in that fade-out memory apparition thing seems to suggest something bad.
Old 2011-10-16, 11:08   Link #34
kakakka

Eh, I don't know how to make this one.

The evacuation did caught my attention, as well as Grodek grabbing the authority to command Diva. It looks like the Federal headquarters(?) have different plans for Diva until Grodek's interference.

Emily and Dique sneaking in also caught my attention. Dique knows how to drive.

And Flit and that girl. Yup, she is Tiffa Adill. Their first meeting reminds me of Garrod and Tiffa's first(?) meeting.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 12:37   Link #35
Blaat

Good episode, much better than the generic first one.
Old 2011-10-16, 12:42   Link #36
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Newtypes!!!!!!

Perhaps this is going to be a better variant of Gundam X?
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 12:42   Link #37
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
cos the 1st episode the beam dagger didnt even penetrate the Grafran's armour =\
You weren't paying attention then--the beam saber (the AGE's sabers have adjustable blades like the 00 Gundam did) did penetrate and cause damage to the Gafran. He stabbed it repeatedly, and it even made a bleeding-like visual effect with the Gafran's energy at the first stab. And it started twitching out all over the place after it was done being stabbed--that's damaged, caused by a beam saber that penetrated the armor.
Old 2011-10-16, 12:43   Link #38
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
Newtypes!!!!!!

Perhaps this is going to be a better variant of Gundam X?
There's no Newtypes in Gundam X
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 13:10   Link #39
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
There's no Newtypes in Gundam X
You are so wrong. There are NT in Gundam X, e.g. Tifa is one.

So AGE system is a giant CNC machine
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 13:13   Link #40
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
You weren't paying attention then--the beam saber (the AGE's sabers have adjustable blades like the 00 Gundam did) did penetrate and cause damage to the Gafran.
To be precise, he stabbed at the chest cannon.

Tags
weekly episode discussion