AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-17, 17:04   Link #101
Dop
Mmmm....

It's kind of hard to say who was the most clueless. Shun for not realising that Masaki had a crush on him, or Chizuru for thinking Shun was a girl despite being told otherwise, leading to a bit of a Admiral Ackbar style shock at the end.

I am really enjoying this show.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 18:07   Link #102
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
It's kind of hard to say who was the most clueless. Shun for not realising that Masaki had a crush on him, or Chizuru for thinking Shun was a girl despite being told otherwise, leading to a bit of a Admiral Ackbar style shock at the end.

I am really enjoying this show.
I'll go with, "Every character who took half the episode before wondering, 'Maybe he means Yuta?'" Even though it wasn't, it's way too obvious for no one to suggest earlier.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 18:38   Link #103
Kakkou
Tch.

Okay, average animation for a show like this is fine is but it's starting to bug me a little, like when Chizuru and Kaname vanished off screen instead of properly going through the doorway. That aside, I like how they moved the flashback to later instead of the start to add a little mystery, as apparent as it may have been. Miyu Irino did a good job with Chizuru, making him sound older unlike the drama cd.

Oh, but I do wish JC had bothered to have the side of his hair that was pulled by the thug go back to it's natural shape(?) instead of staying as it was. His hair is gelled, not magically set as it is. Still, good episode.

I wonder how long before they animate the Akira & Kou-chan chapters? wktk

Last edited by Kakkou; 2011-10-18 at 03:23.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 03:05   Link #104
Sciel
Etoilé

Bar the animation sometimes , I'm really enjoying this show. Its refreshing not having an anime full of the usual tropes.
The latest episode in particular was really really good. I like how they used the insert BGM at the end. Also i lol'ed @ Chizuru's reaction towards Shun.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 18:08   Link #105
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

LOL, I actually liked the third ep. It was interesting hearing Miyu-Miyu in a genki role for one thing - it's been quite a while. And the show finally has a character with a pulse, plus it acknowledged that Shun is rather, well... Girly.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 18:10   Link #106
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
LOL, I actually liked the third ep. It was interesting hearing Miyu-Miyu in a genki role for one thing - it's been quite a while. And the show finally has a character with a pulse, plus it acknowledged that Shun is rather, well... Girly.
Is that to say the show actually got better? I kind of haven't had time to watch it since episode 1 and I am not entirely sure it's worth making time for.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 18:12   Link #107
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Is that to say the show actually got better? I kind of haven't had time to watch it since episode 1 and I am not entirely sure it's worth making time for.
Well - I found the episode entertaining, for the first time. Admittedly most of it was Miyu-Miyu's performance, but his character is an order of magnitude more interesting that the zombies we've met so far. It wasn't great by any stretch, but it's always nice to hear a great seiyuu lift mediocre material above itself.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 18:13   Link #108
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I haven't watched past episode one, and have no plans to do so. Just wanted to comment on the "hair brushing" tag this thread got. LoL.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 00:21   Link #109
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

uhh..does this series have yaoi leanings in it?? if yes, I won't watch it. DX i just hate any forms of yaoi may that be subtext or in-your-face hints. DX
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 00:32   Link #110
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
uhh..does this series have yaoi leanings in it?? if yes, I won't watch it. DX i just hate any forms of yaoi may that be subtext or in-your-face hints. DX
No.

The boys are all friends.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 02:40   Link #111
~BC~

If the anime maintains the level of energy present in episode 3 I'll definitely be keeping up with this. That was the main problem I had with the first episode; it was way too mellow (music, personalities, character designs). With the addition of Masaki and Chizuru things are looking up and I actually enjoyed the twins today (Yuki especially). Next week looks to be introducing more characters as well.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 04:14   Link #112
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
Same here, I hope this series, would show the guys how to handle daily society, school, family problems, and especially dating.
Old 2011-10-19, 08:18   Link #113
LKK

Chizuru really changed the vibe of the show. Mind you, I had no problems with the show before his addition. I was quite happy with it. But I was surprised as to how much Chizuru's addition and to some extent Misaki's altered the feel of the series. I like the series just as I did before. But it's definitely got a different atmosphere now.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 13:18   Link #114
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Chizuru really changed the vibe of the show. Mind you, I had no problems with the show before his addition. I was quite happy with it. But I was surprised as to how much Chizuru's addition and to some extent Misaki's altered the feel of the series. I like the series just as I did before. But it's definitely got a different atmosphere now.
True. But the mood is still fairly mellow, it seems to me. Which I hope continues. That mood is part of the show's charm for me. I got used to Chizuru only after circumstances calmed him down a bit. But I admit to having liked Misaki from the start, lol.

It's certainly true that there is no obvious yaoi in the show so far. But those who want to feel it can, I think. Not that any character is going to do anything overt (except for Chizuru's flying hugs), but to me there is a gentle male-but-not-masculine aura about the show that can be felt that way.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 14:04   Link #115
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I'm still liking this show a lot more than I expected to. I like the way Chizuru shakes up the character dynamics - the boys are a bit less comfortable, and that makes for some interesting situations.
Old 2011-10-19, 14:19   Link #116
ookamigirl

Yukki got himself kind of a stalker in the new kid Tachibana ^^"
Tachibana sure was persistent with his story & very energetic too.
Flashbacks were nice ^^ it's nice how they use them here to give additional info.
Great episode!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 08:59   Link #117
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Episode 3 of this was easily the funniest one yet, imo. The bit before the OP had me laughing out loud.

As I suspected, the blonde hair boy (Tachibana) added the needed energy and spice that this group of guys really needed. Now the entire group of guys is pretty solid and complimentary.

Not one of my favorite shows of the season, but a pretty good comedy show right now.
Old 2011-10-21, 20:24   Link #118
Kitsu Breaker

Not gifs? Why? I am sad for this

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 13:14   Link #119
Sides

Episode four, was really good imo. Probably best one so far. The introduction of Kaname's mom and childhood friend was nicely done. His mom is a funny character, the way she teases her son in front of his friends was kind of evil ^^

Last edited by Sides; 2011-10-24 at 13:28. Reason: I was wrong, Hisako Aida is not the sister of Kaori-sensei, she is the sister of Shizuna. Sorry!
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 20:49   Link #120
Kakkou
Tch.

While I like that the anime is trying to piece the stories together to form a narrative each episode, it's a bit sad to see that they took the start of the Tanabata chapter and removed the fact the mixer was the result of Chizuru's cultural misunderstanding and then dropped the rest of the chapter. It was pretty funny and sweet so I hope they go back to it in a later episode (but it's not a big loss at the same time I suppose).

Second part had another kindergarten chapter mixed in and it's Akira and Kouichi \o/! But practically all of Akira's nice lines and scenes got cut orz. I guess there's always the drama cds for the cut material. It's kinda amusing that the anime reaffirmed that none of them actually realised that they knew each other way back, though maybe Kaname did?

Still, another good episode despite some nitpicking. Really love the way the cast interacts with each other, like how the twins just played along with Chizuru's make believe mixer and how Kaname's mother messes with him in front of his friends. Must be really embarrassing for any teenager to go through .

Next episode is one of my favourite chapters, so I hope the staff does it well.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
j.c. staff, shounen, slice of life