Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-15, 20:33   Link #1
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Phantom Memory Kurau

SPREAD THE GOOD NEWS!!! IT'S TIME FOR A NEW BONES ANIME!!!!!!

Getting over my inital fanboy rant, I will now peacefully announce that Bones has a new anime in the works. It is called Phantom Memory Kurau and it looks absolutely AWESOME. The official site is: http://www.kurau.net/index.html. The first episode airs on June 24th!!! That's only a week and two days from now!!!!!

Okay, no more excessive exclamation points. It's just that I love Bones way too much for my health. But think about it: they really are all hit and no miss. Kurau seems like it's a new type of anime for them, just like everything before this point - at least in some ways. I'm glad they experiment so much, because EVERYTHING they've done is excellent!

I hope some really kickass fansub group picks this up. And I hope it's as great as all their past works.

I have a question about Bones, while we're on the subject. Are they involved in Samurai Champloo? I am wondering, because people have told me that they are but it is not listed on their official works page at www.bones.co.jp, which is obviously the most trustworthy source. Does anyone know?

Anyway, more about the series. The first episode's title is something along the lines of 'Toward the Vast World...' . The opening is called Natsukashii Umi and is performed by Akino Arai. The ending song is called Moonlight and is performed by Yukari Katsuki. The singles will be out in August.

The director is Yasuhiro Irie, who was the character designer for Gunparade March and wrote the storyboard for the Bebop movie. The music will be done by S.E.N.S. Project, and this will be their first time making music for anime.

Kurau, the main character, will be played by Ayako Kawasumi, who is also the voice actor of Hikaru in Konomini, Mika in Lain, Megumi in RahXephon, and Fuu in Samurai Champloo. One of the supporting characters is played by Yuu Paku from Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, which will be interesting because it's a completely different style of anime than Daphne (which is the only one I've heard her in).

All this info came from animenewsnetwork.com, but just felt like organizing the important or interesting stuff into this thread. I'm probably way too hyped, but I was just as hyped for Kenran and for FMA and neither has let me down

Last edited by Fighter Volk; 2004-06-15 at 21:04.
Old 2004-06-15, 21:03   Link #2
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Okay, I ran a Babel Fish translation of the info about the world of Phantom Memory Kurau. I haven't edited it at all.

Western calendar 2100, the mankind had had ideal society complete. The life where the world as the biosphere as "a metropolis" and a life line is divided by "エコロジア", as for the people is not war and poverty and stabilizes was glorified. "The metropolis" was the city of the ideal which the mankind created, function it did the social system which advances perfectly and solved accident and many problems, alleviated the stress of the people and had rubbed insecurity from life. The enormous building group of terrestrial 400 m heights and the traffic which designates the air car as main current it is the future form where at one time mankind abandons, as for the mankind being to be possible, to insert in the finally bright future hand, it does. "エコロジア" has borne the part of the food warehouse "of the metropolis" vis-a-vis "the metropolis" being the place of life. With the farm products which are produced "エコロジア" are exported and have filled up the stomach of the people "of the metropolis" sufficiently. The people who engage to farm working thought in pride, the people who are consumed felt appreciation satisfaction largely.

As for Rynax it is in the space of the minimum which is in the atom. As for that that it probably will keep appearing in the wide world when with the substance which had the character which is done, it overflows once until it finishes to satisfy the world, as for the inundation there are no times when it stops. And, Rynax disassembles all substances in the atom. If it overflowed in the world of the human, the world of the human probably is to be disassembled to everything and the atom.

Being the society which is stabilized in peace, as for the crime where the hand of the police does not reach there are no times when it goes out. The people who make that those crimes are solved working were. He et. al. acted, when the solution of incident is requested, kept processing promptly and with qualified method. From sometime, he et. al. reached the point where it is called "the agent", the excellent person had become until many earnings are obtained.

Now for the plot...

Western calendar 2100. The mankind who advances to outer space constructed the city in the lunar surface, planned the space advance outside further. The mankind as for the desire, "to wider world" there is no about to be restricted, the sea urchin it was visible. - "That" appears until. The heaven 箕 the doctor with that research team had done atomic collision experiment. That midst, two lights which suddenly were shot from the experimental device strike, the daughter clough of the doctor who observes (12 years old) disassemble her body. The heaven which is surprised 箕 it was the doctor, but light the form of the human the 甦 り increases the shape making clough. The doctor tried will discontinue experiment, to verify the safety of the daughter clough. As for the clough the form of the young daughter, "I call Rynax" with while it is voice. The daughter is returned vis-a-vis Rynax and with it is the doctor who is said, but as for リ Nak ス which resides in the clough you say that the method is not recognized. Another Rynax is "to that in this body. I must protect that, "another Rynax. Rynax called the "opposite". - - Then 10 years later, as for the clough everyday life was sent as an agent. Alone girl "Christmas" appears from during of day and the clough which is such. ... The drama which is related to Rynax now, opens the curtain.

Now for some character info!

1 - Protagonist of this story. Heaven 箕 the only daughter of doctor. At the time of 12 years old, happens to be present, light of Rynax which occurs there to come across the accident which happens in the accident of the laboratory of the father, you become the リ Nak ス human. After that it becomes "the agent and" inside industry becomes famous existence, but thing of Rynax passes in secret.

2 - Rynax "of opposite" of clough. As for the eye which you saw in the clough at the time of 12 years old melon two. When the clough 22 years old being, it is born from midst of the body of the clough. There is no power which excels in motion ability and the like, but the housekeeping and cooking are proud during daily life.

3 - To be the father of the clough, the researcher of the next generation energy. Impact is received to daughter "heaven 箕 clough" transfiguring in personality of Rynax with the experimental accident which occurred in western calendar 2100. As for beginning it is not possible to accept the clough which has become Rynax you agonize, but gradually love keeps budding.

4 - With height 190 cm very large pattern excellence "agent". There is a wife and children who is in the midst of living separately. There is a meaning and at the beginning watches the clough, but it becomes the existence which keeps helping future her.

5 - That it will belong to GPO, will catch the clough it has become desperate. Vis-a-vis work with the strong sense of responsibility, world is bad thing is hated. There are times when it becomes feeling vis-a-vis the clough which has dangerous power, but that her past and seems that is relationship.

All this from the main site. Check out the pictures there, too!

Obviously, we don't get a lot out of this, but it's definitely really different from anything Bones has done before. I wish them the best of luck and plenty of success.
Old 2004-06-17, 18:24   Link #3
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

yes it looks very interesting, I like this cover picture a lot

However I think the babelfish translation is only gonna confuse people here

there are a couple other new upcoming animes that interests me a lot, which are

Fafnir of the Blue Sky/Dead Agressor
http://www.fafner.jp/top.html

and
Otogizoushi
http://www.production-ig.co.jp/anime...shi/index.html
Old 2004-06-24, 09:52   Link #4
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

I got really excited the night I first found out about it and tried making sense of it through Babel Fish, but alas, as you said, it only made me more confused.

Anyway, the raw of the first episode comes out today! Go go subbers!
Old 2004-06-25, 01:36   Link #5
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

JASCII has a look at the first ep up here.
Old 2004-06-25, 04:32   Link #6
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

I had already tried my hand at translating the synopsis. If you wish to read it, read it at http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/m...content&id=871

Otogizoushi is the other one that interests me since the character design seems to indicate a deep and serious story. It could be the best "samurai" show for the current year but we can only see whether it would be so when it starts airing on 6th July.
Old 2004-06-25, 07:19   Link #7
Estara
Temuair Forever!

Question Otogizoushi

Quote:
Otogizoushi is the other one that interests me since the character design seems to indicate a deep and serious story. It could be the best "samurai" show for the current year but we can only see whether it would be so when it starts airing on 6th July.
Question: Does that look like a Mulan-like story to you? It does to me, hmm.

Quote:
The end daughter of 源家 and light are disguised as a man there to stand by a samurai's appearance, and the place of an elder brother is taken.
- ripped from a Web-Application translation of the first episode

The name of the main character lady seems to be Hikaru/Hikari?

It looks very good, can't wait till July 6th
Old 2004-06-25, 10:28   Link #8
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estara
Question: Does that look like a Mulan-like story to you? It does to me, hmm.

Quote:
The end daughter of 源家 and light are disguised as a man there to stand by a samurai's appearance, and the place of an elder brother is taken.
- ripped from a Web-Application translation of the first episode

The name of the main character lady seems to be Hikaru/Hikari?

It looks very good, can't wait till July 6th
I actually had translated the synopsis of Otogizoushi as well. That line actually reads as
"The Minamoto family's youngest daughter, Akira disguises herself as her brother and decided to undertake the quest to go forth and look for the Magatama."

The Magatama is a comma shaped piece of jewelry (last seen in Ikkitousen). I know of no English name for it so I left it in Romaji.

Yes it does seem like Mulan but I think discussion for this series should go into its own thread (if it is created). But needless to say I'm going to try to watch this as well.
Old 2004-06-25, 10:45   Link #9
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
I had already tried my hand at translating the synopsis. If you wish to read it, read it at http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/m...content&id=871

Phantom Memory Kurau seems interesting, from the synopsis. The screenshots are very obvious in their Bones-ness (FMA and the Mars Daybreak immediately come to mind in terms of character design). I hope someone picks up this series soon (I'm sure some group will) so that I can check out the first episode. I'll stick with it no matter what - TMD started out slow, but I love it now. I'm sure this series will be great.
Old 2004-06-25, 10:48   Link #10
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Phantom Memory Kurau seems interesting, from the synopsis. The screenshots are very obvious in their Bones-ness (FMA and the Mars Daybreak immediately come to mind in terms of character design). I hope someone picks up this series soon (I'm sure some group will) so that I can check out the first episode. I'll stick with it no matter what - TMD started out slow, but I love it now. I'm sure this series will be great.
well, I hope in terms of quality it can be more like RahXephon or Wolf's Rain rather than FMA or Mars Daybreak... but hey it's an original creation from BONES
Old 2004-06-25, 13:35   Link #11
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, I hope in terms of quality it can be more like RahXephon or Wolf's Rain rather than FMA or Mars Daybreak... but hey it's an original creation from BONES
Hey... are you implying that you didn't like FMA or Daybreak? Or just saying you liked Xephon and Rain more? I found all four excellent (FMA being my favorite of the four, even though it's not over yet and nor is Daybreak) and loved Scrapped Princess. I am pretty damn sure that I'll adore this and Hiwou Senki (HS is Bones's first anime; Shining Fansubs is working on the first episode while we speak).

My expectations are unnaturally high. Bones has poisoned my mind with goodness!
Old 2004-06-25, 15:12   Link #12
guess

The plot sounds like this one ep of “the outer limits:”

Sometime in the future when humans have the technology to build space stations on other planets, members of one such space station die mysteriously. People from earth manage to save one last member and send him back. Then odd things start to happen: this guy’s body starts to make clones of himself. It turns out that in order to survive in that planet, the guy injected the alien DNA into his body. What’s how he managed to survive even after he had run out of oxygen. Making clones from one’s own body is an uncontrollable “side effect” of this alien DNA. Of course, the government decides to kill the man because they see him now as “biohazard.” Eventually, he is saved by a proposal from his wife, a scientist. The proposal is to send him back to that planet where he can live and won't hurt anyone; the government in return gains a resident agent to observe/ collect data of that planet for them. This is only one-hour ep so the story is short. But I think the idea is pretty much the same. I am curious as how the anime is going to play out this plot.
Old 2004-06-25, 17:09   Link #13
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Ayu pickup

I suppose this can be moved back to Fansubs forum now that a promo is out.

I'm so excited!
Old 2004-06-25, 21:10   Link #14
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Hey... are you implying that you didn't like FMA or Daybreak? Or just saying you liked Xephon and Rain more? I found all four excellent (FMA being my favorite of the four, even though it's not over yet and nor is Daybreak) and loved Scrapped Princess. I am pretty damn sure that I'll adore this and Hiwou Senki (HS is Bones's first anime; Shining Fansubs is working on the first episode while we speak).

My expectations are unnaturally high. Bones has poisoned my mind with goodness!
well I personally love RahXphone and Wolf's Rain over FMA and Mars Daybreak. I like the plot synopsis, instead of a standard shounen show, this story sounds more along the line of Lain and Boogiepop Phantom
Old 2004-06-26, 03:20   Link #15
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

Kurau: Phantom Memory

Just wondering if anyone has more info on this anime. The promo, subbed by Ayu, is too short to really get a good idea... looks cool though!

Last edited by xris; 2004-06-26 at 03:23. Reason: Since you're asking about info, and not discussing the series (which would be difficult since it's not been released), moved to General Anime forum
Old 2004-06-26, 03:45   Link #16
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

"KURAU Phantom Memory" is a new anime series from BONES. You start off with a 12 year old girl named Kurau, who on her birthday goes to her father's lab. However during the experiment, something goes wrong and she gets evaporated into thin air - only to re-emerge once again with a different identity called Rinux. The father despairs that the person who is there is not her daughter but someone else, even though she talks and looks like Kurau. However a gradual re-establishment of that bond recurs. Then suddenly, the story switches to ten years later when the girl under the identity of Kurau works as an hired agent. Using skills that reminded me of Nancy Makuhari's wall-move from R.O.D, she completes her mission. At the end of the episode, a rather weird phenomena takes place where her counterpart (or perhaps Kurau herself) emerges from her body...

end episode one.
Old 2004-06-26, 04:21   Link #17
dreamless

hmmm there's a thread called Phantom Memory Kurau a few threads down by Fighter Volk...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=15587
Old 2004-06-26, 04:30   Link #18
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

Whoops Just saw that thread, had posted this in the Fansubs, but it got moved! Thanks for the info though
Old 2004-06-26, 05:54   Link #19
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I just watched the first episode. The first 15 min just made me fell for this series, good drama. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
At the end of the episode, a rather weird phenomena takes place where her counterpart (or perhaps Kurau herself) emerges from her body...
Yes that's what I tought too, I think the real Kurau finally awake after 10 years, but it was strange in the preview she has long hair and she doesn't have a name yet, so there is a possibility she's the other entity like Rinux that she's been waiting for? Cannot wait to see the 2nd episode. ^^
Old 2004-06-26, 19:41   Link #20
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well I personally love RahXphone and Wolf's Rain over FMA and Mars Daybreak. I like the plot synopsis, instead of a standard shounen show, this story sounds more along the line of Lain and Boogiepop Phantom
And if it's Bones doing a dementia story, then you know it'll be AWESOME

Someone should get this over to Fansubs before more Kurau threads are made in that forum (as has been demonstrated once already). Anyway, can't wait for the first episode subbed.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, sci-fi