AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-11-03, 17:36   Link #3641
susyia

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
susyia, there is an edit button you might want to consider using. Rather than posting three times in a row you should merge all of your posts by editing your first. That way you'll avoid aggravating people in the thread. I think it's even in the forum rules?
Anyway. Concerning your question, I guess it could be how Sumizawa views Americans (FT Duo could totally star in any action film if you ask me). Or maybe a Duo cosplayer ran over Sumizawa's dog. Who knows.

EDIT:

Duo being most interested in girls among the pilots? Nah~ Quatre was totally flirting with his entire Cinq school. It only logical; he's a rich Arab, the school is full of girls, of course he'd have a harem. (I'm kidding)
But the "Duo calling Relena babe" joke is getting pretty old now. Especially when I hear him call her even in Blind Target "Relena-ojousan". If that translates as babe, I'll eat my keyboard.
oh thanks!! i'm new here... i'm learning how to use this page and my english is not very good so it's dificult to me .... yeah maybe is that the reason why they hate duo... i totaly agree with you... a guy that his life is fuck up it's kind of van diesel movie .. yeah the translations they made are very lame i don't like the version in my leanguage
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 14:17   Link #3642
Eeni

Quote:
As for Zechs' actions not being the worst display of parenting yet, maybe you wanna rethink that statement? Remember, the first thing Duo did after being entrusted with Naina was to pass out drunk. In front of her. xD
Here's the post that translated that bit. Right now I find the scene in which Zechs and his daughter part pretty hilarious because although Naina's reluctance to part from her father is supposed to be an emotional display of parent-child love, it's also kinda natural that she would go "daddy, don't leave me!" with her new caretaker out cold. xD
I think it's hilarious too. But I stand by "Not the worst parenting move in this story so far". Let's face it, Zechs still trusts Duo enough to leave the life of his child in his hands, granted Duo is dunk out cold. There have been worst parenting done as far as I can tell:
  • Odin taught his son to kill people at the tender age of (insert tender age here).
  • Angelina (I can't remember her name) made out with her son.
  • The Peacecrafts isolated and hide one daughter (a la "Flowers in the Attic") just because she was born a twin and gave her nothing but a cat to live with (I think this is what it meant to say in the wiki page).
  • Angelina's father ordered the hit on the Yuys.
So ya, Zechs leaving his daughter with an old, drunk friend that he trusts isn't as bad as everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
oh thanks!! i'm new here... i'm learning how to use this page and my English is not very good so it's dificult to me .... yeah maybe is that the reason why they hate duo... i totaly agree with you... a guy that his life is fuck up it's kind of van diesel movie .. yeah the translations they made are very lame i don't like the version in my language
Alright! I'm learning to use this website as well! And as far as that link I put up, you just have to copy and paste it manually into your URL. I only posted it up because the first time I saw it, it reminded me of a more grown up version of Trowa (and I thought it was hilarious) ^^;

As far as the whole FT portraile of Duo goes, I'm kinnda saddened. I liked Duo in the series, he was rather chilled about stuff. If something went wrong he didn't sulk and reprimand himself too much for it, he just went along with it and tried to fix the problem. Ya, I guess I can see him drinking, smoking, and gambling... but the womanizing part is a stretch.

And "ojou-san", as I understand is an informal way of saying something along the lines of "lady/miss" (I know Sanosuke uses this to refer to Kaoru in Rurouni Kenshin). And taking it in the context of the series (from the mid 90's), I'm pretty sure that the "babe" translated in English ("nena" in Spanish) was just a stereotype of how American men talk.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2011-11-04 at 21:00.
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 11:26   Link #3643
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Got my copy of Gundam Ace today:

Episode.14 A Banquet for Pleiades (Chapter.03)

The Gundams converge on the New Edwards base. Marshall Noventa is still in the middle of his speech, urging the Alliance military members that disarmament is the key to stopping the situation at hand. Treize gives Lady Une the go ahead to commence "Operation Pleiades".

- The first attack is launched at the Siberian Space Port base in northern Eurasia.
- Izumi Tarnoff begins his attack on the Melbourne base in Australia.
- Solak Delbrück begins his attack on the Somalian front in Africa.
- Alex and Muller begin their attack with Solak.

Operation Pleiades: whose objective is to completely dissolve the United Earth Sphere Alliance in one stroke. With the Alliance Forces chief of staff gathering at the New Edwards base on the west coast of North America, there was a deficiency in the chain of command at various principle military bases and as such were attacked by OZ's elite units in synchronized, simultaneous attacks. It should be pointed out that the mastermind of this operation was Colonel Une, who meticulously prepared for it. Furthermore, it is believed that while the Gundams were an unanticipated anomaly during the execution stage, their gathering at the New Edwards base is a factor that led to the success of this operation.

Anywho, Quatre is fighting and finds out that their location was fake... there are no Taurus mobile suits present.

Treize, meanwhile, evacuates Noventa and what not on their shuttle. Sitting on the tarmac, Noventa opens up a channel to the pilots and says to them that they have no intention of fighting them. Quatre manages to get everyone to cease fire at the moment. The chapter ends with Heero arriving with his sights set on the shuttle carrying Noventa...

It's interesting to see that Vice Foreign Minister Darlian is still alive...
Those are some major changes for GoL.

Were Izumi and Solak two of the young pilots that studied under Treize and fought alognside Zechs in one of FT's early flashback chapters? Their names sound familiar. Looking forward to actually seeing them.

Interesting that they changed the name of OZ's uprising from Operation Daybreak to Operation Pleiades. Also interesting that Quatre was under the impression Taurus suits were at New Edwards and Sumisawa has Heero showing up late.

With Darlian alive, that basically wipes out most of Episode 5 and probably 6 as well. Wonder how long Sumisawa will have him stick around.
Old 2011-11-06, 12:05   Link #3644
gordol
Banned

this month's FT and GOTD(Tallgeese already?)

gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 12:17   Link #3645
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Dual-wielding scythes now? Really?
Old 2011-11-06, 15:11   Link #3646
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Dual-wielding scythes now? Really?
*snort* Well, he couldn't put three scythe blades on one staff because that was already used in Naruto, so dual-wielding scythes it is. How on Earth anyone is supposed to use that effectively I'll never know but eh. At least it's consistent! GW's MS upgrades always followed the "double the amount of weapons and you have a cooler version" scheme. Just look at Heavyarms. It started out with one gatlin gun, got two mid-season and in EW it had a whopping four in both hands and chest (nvm the crapload of missiles). Following that concept, the FT version is gonna be so packed, it'll be shooting missiles out of its butt, too. xD

*looks closer at Warlock still cosplaying as a Jedi* Oh my God, it's not just dual-wielding. It's backhanded dual-wielding. What the?!
By the way, do the two scythes fit into one? The handle bars look like they match.

And I think I'm also starting to like Duo Jr. That little gambler lol. Or are the cards a reference to Naina's Queen of Hearts? (Cards? Games? something like that).
Why, oh why does he have to be Duo's clone? If he was an original character with an original background I'd have had no qualms liking him whatsoever. It's too bad, really. It seems like he'll be the least lame of all. I mean, Quatrine is holding a freaking bunny. What's up with that?

Talking about Quatrine, that first pic totally reminds me of Soul Eater. Chick is fighting while guy in a suit plays piano. Yup, Soul Eater alright. I bet the stuffed bunny is the little red demon. ygotas ftw
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 16:00   Link #3647
Javiersansano

Goddamit, I want a clear pic of Snow White (better be the coolest mobilesuit ever with such a name), Tallgesse Heaven, and Epyon PI
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 16:17   Link #3648
Eeni

Quote:
*looks closer at Warlock still cosplaying as a Jedi* Oh my God, it's not just dual-wielding. It's backhanded dual-wielding. What the?!
By the way, do the two scythes fit into one? The handle bars look like they match.
Unless it's gonna Darth Maul those scythes. They don't look like like they would fit into one another and the scythe on the right side is the Deathsycthe's... WTF?

Quote:
And I think I'm also starting to like Duo Jr. That little gambler lol. Or are the cards a reference to Naina's Queen of Hearts? (Cards? Games? something like that).
Why, oh why does he have to be Duo's clone? If he was an original character with an original background I'd have had no qualms liking him whatsoever. It's too bad, really. It seems like he'll be the least lame of all. I mean, Quatrine is holding a freaking bunny. What's up with that?
I'm kinnda starting to warm up to Jr as well... mostly because of that kickass hat, other then that I still want to backhand the punk.

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Old 2011-11-06, 16:38   Link #3649
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Unless it's gonna Darth Maul those scythes. They don't look like like they would fit into one another and the scythe on the right side is the Deathsycthe's... WTF?

I'm kinnda starting to warm up to Jr as well... mostly because of that kickass hat, other then that I still want to backhand the punk.
Actually there is a variant that already sort of Darth maul's beam scythes that was made in the New Mobile Report Gundam Wing Perfect Album Bom-Bom Comic. back in '96.

They listed it as XXXG-01DF Gundam Dark Angel, and it sort of follows the doubling rule... which even I'm starting to laugh at now that it's been made apparent, double the weapons = double the awesome... Also when it comes to being awesome, it always helps to have a good hat, or a leather jacket... in Duo Jr's case, it's both...
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 22:56   Link #3650
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Nope, that was from the most recent chapter.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 06:40   Link #3651
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Nope, that was from the most recent chapter.
Merely stating that the whole Darth Maul scythes been done before. Now do we know if Warlock can do that? Unless it says so somewhere no.

Also now that I think about it, we sort of skipped over a chapter's pics unless I just missed them?
Old 2011-11-07, 11:02   Link #3652
susyia

Is heero alright? hes look wierd in this image.... sleeping??
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 13:35   Link #3653
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Above Heero, is that the picture of Catherine people have been talking about?
Old 2011-11-07, 13:43   Link #3654
Kitsoru
:3c

Mmm, dual-wielding scythes. Ridiculous but awesome.
The art looks interesting this month too, can't wait to see it closer. Although that pic w/ Catherine(?) and Heero and looks like Jr too- since it's in color and on the recap page, that would mean it should have been in last month's chapter. So where is it? :/ Aldaeus is right, we never got any info or scans from last month, that I ever saw...
What the heck is Jr. holding in that bottom pic w/ Naina..?
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 14:26   Link #3655
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
The art looks interesting this month too, can't wait to see it closer. Although that pic w/ Catherine(?) and Heero and looks like Jr too- since it's in color and on the recap page, that would mean it should have been in last month's chapter. So where is it? :/ Aldaeus is right, we never got any info or scans from last month, that I ever saw...
He's holding his hat in his left hand upside down, his right is just splayed out over his shirt from the looks of it.
Old 2011-11-07, 16:39   Link #3656
allison13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
He's got a hat in the one hand, and it looks like he might have a hat in the other, as well...but I don't know why he'd have two hats....and yeah, the picture is of Catherine after she smacked Jr., apparently. I don't know what Heero's problem is. It was in last month's issue. This month's issue has the cover art for the 2nd GoL if that hasn't already been posted, as well as FT 4.

Also, Heero and Duo (Sr.) are in some side story (not GW) towards the end of the magazine...I don't know what that's all about.
allison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 17:17   Link #3657
Tendou Souji

It was said that Heero was put in a medical capsule because he was worn out from fighting and using the Zero System after being frozen for so long.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 21:44   Link #3658
Eeni

Oh my... that Gundam Dark Angel is just, how to put it delicately... FUGLY! I'm going to go back to pretending I never saw it.

Old 2011-11-08, 22:16   Link #3659
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Oh my... that Gundam Dark Angel is just, how to put it delicately... FUGLY! I'm going to go back to pretending I never saw it.
Note: It definitely is not anything near Katoki's hand or even his name, I cant remember the designer off of the top of my head given a little research I could find the person who did the variant work... But yeah, i'd agree it ain't the prettiest gal at the ball.

We also have to look at Variants when we start thinking about what the new suits may look like, because inspiration can come from variant suits... Now if Katoki got his hands on this, I'd bet any money it would get more bulked out in the legs the chest would probably be more streamlined, the shoulders pulled in more and the large angled shoulder armor coming out between the hyper jammers would probably be way scaled back if not redesigned completely. The dinky skulls on the shoulders would also most likely be gone or completely redesigned. The head might get a few changes but it looks pretty mechanical as is...

In short, we're being spoiled by brilliant artwork from a great mechanical designer.
Old 2011-11-08, 23:17   Link #3660
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Katoki IS the mecha designer for Frozen Teardrop.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing