AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-07, 11:57   Link #18901
Chris38

@Shinso Tsukune

Well, I agree with you that if Akua is going to die, she won't be killed by Tsukune - unless his powers go out of control, but that is pretty unlikely at this point...

... but at the current point, I don't think that we have enough evidence to further speculate on what is going to be Akua's fate....

Well, on the topic of Moka being changing after meeting with Tsukune, I definitively agree with you on that, but the same could be also said about Tsukune ... after all he too went through "changes" after he met Moka, and while you could say that it was his fault for falling in love with a vampire, and wanting to stay with her, despite being an ordinary human...

So, summing it up ... both Tsukune and Moka changed after they met with each other, but considering the fact that they where ... initially different kinds of species, some "sacrifices" had to be made, for the possibility of a working relationship between Tsukune and Moka...

@HayashiTakara

Well, I agree that so far Kahula hasn't had enough screen time for us to be able to be able to truly decipher her character, but considering the fact that in the flashback to Moka's past (chapter 33) Kahula seemed to know who Alucard is, so I think that she knows more about the current situation then she lets on, and considering the fact that she told Kokoa to try and not let Akua and Moka meet each other, I think that Kahula knows how important Moka is - or rather the power that is currently sealed within her...

Although I don't think that anyone, apart from Mikogami realizes how important Tsukune is in this, with Tsukune being the only person who Moka shared her blood with - I mean that the author isn't outright pointing out that Tsukune has a connection with Alucard as well, and is probably a "needed component" for Alucard's revival for the same reason that Moka is...

At least that's what I think...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 17:08   Link #18902
Tachibana
タチバナ

Well, i saw what was translated of the last few pages for the raws of CH39, we probably won't have to worry about Tsukune's powers going out of control again to which i agree with you, after seeing what Touhou is actually going to do to Tsukune for his "training".

And yes i agree we don't know what Akua's fate will be, but it is clear on how the outcome of her's and Tsukune's battle will be...

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-02-07 at 17:28.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 21:35   Link #18903
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
@Shinso Tsukune

Well, I agree with you that if Akua is going to die, she won't be killed by Tsukune - unless his powers go out of control, but that is pretty unlikely at this point...

... but at the current point, I don't think that we have enough evidence to further speculate on what is going to be Akua's fate....

Well, on the topic of Moka being changing after meeting with Tsukune, I definitively agree with you on that, but the same could be also said about Tsukune ... after all he too went through "changes" after he met Moka, and while you could say that it was his fault for falling in love with a vampire, and wanting to stay with her, despite being an ordinary human...

So, summing it up ... both Tsukune and Moka changed after they met with each other, but considering the fact that they where ... initially different kinds of species, some "sacrifices" had to be made, for the possibility of a working relationship between Tsukune and Moka...

@HayashiTakara

Well, I agree that so far Kahula hasn't had enough screen time for us to be able to be able to truly decipher her character, but considering the fact that in the flashback to Moka's past (chapter 33) Kahula seemed to know who Alucard is, so I think that she knows more about the current situation then she lets on, and considering the fact that she told Kokoa to try and not let Akua and Moka meet each other, I think that Kahula knows how important Moka is - or rather the power that is currently sealed within her...

Although I don't think that anyone, apart from Mikogami realizes how important Tsukune is in this, with Tsukune being the only person who Moka shared her blood with - I mean that the author isn't outright pointing out that Tsukune has a connection with Alucard as well, and is probably a "needed component" for Alucard's revival for the same reason that Moka is...

At least that's what I think...
Well Ikeda did indirectly point out that Tsukune is now of Shinso blood through Moka's flashback.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 22:25   Link #18904
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Well Ikeda did indirectly point out that Tsukune is now of Shinso blood through Moka's flashback.
Yeah, it should be obvious that Tsukune has the Shinso blood now and the indications are there, he has the exact same power-up, black aura and regenerative abilities that Akasha and Moka does even though Moka has never displayed her regeneration abilities, however Tsukune's ability to regenerate is superior compared to her's.
Old 2011-02-08, 06:12   Link #18905
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

You've got to remember we've not seen many Shinso vampires, so what is common/recurrent (beyond much higher maximum potential) between them, and what is an individual talent has yet to be established.
Despite the similarities (extremely dark youkai aura, much higher maximum potential), like with normal vampires, there is a good chance that each individual's potential and talents vary dependant on lineage, and the individual themselves.

It may be a case that Moka and Tsukune will end up with similar skill sets, but its quite possible they'll each branch off into thier own developments in terms of skills; as an example, Kokoa and Kahlua are both sisters, compared to Moka who is technically a half sister, yet Kahlua already has a completely different skill to Kokoa (partial transformation).
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 10:49   Link #18906
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

It's not "skill sets" but method, Moka did to Tsukune what her mother did for her. It's that simple.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 15:49   Link #18907
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Who knows if method matters in terms of what skill sets they end up with? The Shinso blood may well produce unique, or at least varied results dependant on the host.

As an example, whilst Tsukune does indeed have boosted regeneration (although we've yet to tell whether its along the same lines as Akasha, or will reach that level), if the method was what determined how a Shinso turns out in terms of skill set, then Moka would share the same power of regeneration, but she doesn't appear to; however Moka may possess, or come into her own unique skills/talents.

That Akasha's regeneration talent is not shared by both her blood descendants (and that the one that does is not the one she passed the lineage onto) is one of the reasons why I believe, apart from some common shared factors, the Shinso bloodline develops the host dependant on the host themselves, rather than on which vampire sired/passed along the bloodline.
Old 2011-02-08, 16:19   Link #18908
Tachibana
タチバナ

The reason why Tsukune's regeneration isn't as strong as Akasha's is because his Shinso blood hasn't fully awakened yet, this logic also applies to Moka since Akasha mentioned that even if the Rosary is removed than "part" of her strength (Shinso power) will be released not the full extent of the power.

However, all Shinso possess the same black aura and insane regenerative abilities this is common amounst them, i doubt lineage or what they originally were effects this as proven as Tsukune when he goes in his berserker (Ghoul-like) vamp/Shinso form.
Old 2011-02-08, 16:45   Link #18909
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

The thing is, Tsukune has improved regeneration ALL the time, we've not seen that from Moka. think we've still got a lot to learn about the Shinso blood, where it originates from and quite what it does or can do to a vampire. I think its quite a strong possibility that whilst some traits are shared/common amongst them, and others are personal.
It's a fairly common theme in vampire material that deals with pure bloods/elders and the like; generally all the those of pure blood/elder nature tend to be stronger, faster and nastier than the norm, however they also often develop unique mutations (in fact R+V already mentions uncommon mutations /skils in terms of Kahlua's partial transformation capability). Whilst Ikeda hasn't stuck with every trope when it comes to vampires, he hasn't abandoned all of them either, so I think there's still a fair chance he could chose to adopt this route, especially if he doesn't want Shinso to become a generic power up medium, or has a possible intention of introducing other Shinso vampires in the future.

As it is we haven't got enough evidence to suggest he's going either way with any real form of definition.
Old 2011-02-08, 21:05   Link #18910
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Chapter 39.

Ouch....

Spoiler for Kurumu tears:
Old 2011-02-08, 22:41   Link #18911
Xagzan

Aww, it's chapter...well whatever number chapter that was where she charmed Tsukune then broke down.

Poor thing, I can't imagine what happy ending she could have.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 00:18   Link #18912
Tachibana
タチバナ

Spoiler for 39:

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-02-09 at 00:42.
Old 2011-02-09, 01:14   Link #18913
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Spoiler for 39:
Spoiler for 39:
Old 2011-02-09, 03:40   Link #18914
kanoe81
serious japanese

Sorry to come randomly out of lurking again but I just got my copy of Jump SQ yesterday...

Looks like one of the reasons the chapter's so short this time is because R+V is going to have a special chapter in Jump SQ 19 (the quarterly mag), coming out 2/19. The chapter will probably be in vol #9 anyway though, so I wouldn't scour all stores for it.

Can't wait till Chapter 40!
kanoe81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 03:42   Link #18915
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Something tells me it might be one of those side stories we got earlier, like with the flute... either way, if people will be willing to upload (and eventually translate...) it, it should be something interesting to see

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 08:16   Link #18916
Tachibana
タチバナ

Spoiler for 39:
Old 2011-02-09, 09:10   Link #18917
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Spoiler for 39:
Spoiler for 39:
Old 2011-02-09, 11:36   Link #18918
Tachibana
タチバナ

Spoiler for 39:

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-02-09 at 11:47.
Old 2011-02-09, 13:15   Link #18919
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-09, 14:32   Link #18920
Tachibana
タチバナ

Spoiler for 39:

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire