AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-19, 05:34   Link #61
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
I am interested in the dubb voices the most.
I saw the DVD in the store today. This is really bad for my wallet.
It's out already? Hmm...

Exactly what is the average price for the DVDs? I would go out and buy it but the minute I do so, I go into Miser Mode which I beat myself up until I regain 3 times the money I spent. Despite that I work a over-decent paying job.

Quote:
if people want the VA's I will sit down later and pull up the credits
That would be great. I want to know who played Mikoto and Nagi. Because the only person I can imagine playing them is Wendee Lee and Stephen Prince.
Old 2006-03-19, 07:20   Link #62
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloodlust Kid
Exactly what is the average price for the DVDs?
I don't know what the "average price" for the DVDs are but you can get them on-line for less than $15 each.

Example, DVDPacific
Vol 1 with box $23.10, released on 28th March
Vol 1 $14.57, released on 28th March
Vol 2 $14.57, released on 9th May

Add about $1.50 for shipping within the U.S. Hmmm, that's only six weeks between the first and second volume. Total of 7 DVDs. BTW, you can usually get them about two weeks earlier than the release date if you pre-order.
Old 2006-03-19, 09:33   Link #63
Ansa

Most online sites are saying it's out...

Damn... if only KH2 wasn't coming out in 9 days I'd get this >.<
Old 2006-03-19, 14:57   Link #64
guess

Now I have watched ep 1, Mai and Takumi's voices are pretty fitting for their ages and nice voice acting.

Does that mean US studios are now hiring teenagers? Does that meam most of Japanese VA are teenagers?

Natsuki's voice is like a 30-something. I don't like Tate's voice acting. It makes him sounds too slow and calm, which is not his personality. Shiho is OK.
Old 2006-03-19, 15:59   Link #65
Kumoitte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa
Most online sites are saying it's out...

Damn... if only KH2 wasn't coming out in 9 days I'd get this >.<
All online stores I've checked say it's out on the 28th. But still, how are all of you getting it so early? I pre-ordered it a long while ago, and have yet to see anything.
Old 2006-03-19, 16:07   Link #66
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Now I have watched ep 1, Mai and Takumi's voices are pretty fitting for their ages and nice voice acting.

Does that mean US studios are now hiring teenagers? Does that meam most of Japanese VA are teenagers?

Natsuki's voice is like a 30-something. I don't like Tate's voice acting. It makes him sounds too slow and calm, which is not his personality. Shiho is OK.

- Natsuki's voice actress, Chiba Saeko was born in August 26 1977....she's not 30 yet. GRRR....I can't believe I'm older than her. ...but at least I still look young

- Yuzuki Ryoka, the voice of Haruka was born in Jan 10, 1974...LOL I'm only 5 months older than Ryoka-san.

- Toshikiko Seki was born in 1962 so yeah he's getting there.

So yeah, most of the vo's range from early twenties to mid forties. Shindou Naomi (surprisingly) is up there....regardless I still think she's got a sexy voice.

--Lone Wolf
Old 2006-03-19, 17:29   Link #67
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumoitte
All online stores I've checked say it's out on the 28th. But still, how are all of you getting it so early? I pre-ordered it a long while ago, and have yet to see anything.
Yes, they all have the release date as the 28th (if we take the My-HiME DVD Vol 1 as an example) but on-line stores seem to be "allowed" to ship pre-orders something like 2-3 weeks before the official release date. Clearly the DVD manufacturer supplies them to the Retailer early so they can be delivered by the release date.

I know that I get most of my pre-ordered DVDs before the official release date whenever I order from DVDPacific and that's even when they get shipped to the U.K. by Surface Mail! And this isn't just a one-off, it's been like this for years now.

Edit: I don't want to make another post since it's taking the thread off-topic as it is
To reply to Kumoitte below, RightStuff is a bit of an exception as far as I understand, they aren't really a Retailer nor a Distibutor but something inbetween. Due to this, I strongly suspect they don't ship early like most Retailers do but wait until the release date. Mind, I don't have any direct proof since I've never used them so it's all IMHO but from comments I've seen they seem to stick closer to the release date before shipping.

Last edited by xris; 2006-03-20 at 04:23.
Old 2006-03-19, 23:56   Link #68
Kumoitte

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Yes, they all have the release date as the 28th (if we take the My-HiME DVD Vol 1 as an example) but on-line stores seem to be "allowed" to ship pre-orders something like 2-3 weeks before the official release date. Clearly the DVD manufacturer supplies them to the Retailer early so they can be delivered by the release date.

I know that I get most of my pre-ordered DVDs before the official release date whenever I order from DVDPacific and that's even when they get shipped to the U.K. by Surface Mail! And this isn't just a one-off, it's been like this for years now.
Is that so? I ordered from rightstuf. Ah well, here's hoping it'll come in within a few days.
Old 2006-03-24, 01:29   Link #69
mintyfresh
Altoid

somehow, I think most people have already found out about this, but just in case...

Mai Hime dub clips
Old 2006-03-24, 01:43   Link #70
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyfresh
somehow, I think most people have already found out about this, but just in case...

Mai Hime dub clips
Thanks! "Tack-umi". XD Shiho sounds really fake and annoying. "Teeheehee."
Old 2006-03-24, 04:29   Link #71
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Somewhere, the Hime are rallying to kill the people who created those dubs. I bet they hired Nagi.
Old 2006-03-24, 05:01   Link #72
Eclipze

Quote:

Mai Hime dub clips
Hmm, they actually sound pretty good. Or perhaps its because I've yet to see the Cowboy Bebop dub...
Old 2006-03-24, 09:32   Link #73
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Ah!!! My Hears é_è
Old 2006-03-24, 10:41   Link #74
Jet_Maeden
Condamne

Send a message via MSN to Jet_Maeden
Quote:

Mai Hime dub clips
Uh....Jap Track and Subs for me only, thx! Ok Ok....Mai DOES sound "swell" and Natsuki is pretty good actually! ^_________^...the voice only I mean, her acting was a bit off.
I guess no Thumbs up/down then....maybe sideways? :P
Old 2006-03-24, 10:45   Link #75
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
And he is more failed Voice... You can wait for our French Dub
It's more Failed XD
Old 2006-03-24, 12:29   Link #76
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

AHHHH!!!!!!! My hears!!!! This is soooo bad....... Mai sounds like a b**** so does Shiho... TT_TT
Lines sounded all wrong... they add crappy lines to it and even changed lots of them..... NOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Old 2006-03-24, 13:21   Link #77
Mirri

Send a message via MSN to Mirri
Shizuru is a southern belle. It makes my head hurt.
Old 2006-03-24, 13:24   Link #78
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
UGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! THE VOICES!

They are so angsty!
Old 2006-03-24, 13:30   Link #79
Mirri

Send a message via MSN to Mirri
They even called Aoi "Ooi"... The dub is just making me laugh with how ridiculous the voices are getting... I really dislike Nagi's voice the most, with Reito as a close second. Nagi doesn't have a voice that matches his attitude anymore, it's so depressing.
Old 2006-03-24, 13:31   Link #80
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
*cries* The voices...they make my ears bleed.
Closed Thread