AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-11-02, 23:08   Link #20921
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Ah. Well, this is a problem isn't it? I mean, it is a date sim an all...
Only on Day 6 and some parts of Divine and CoOp.

I'd like some in Alien, too, but Danchou is having enough trouble writing that outline as it is.

Quote:
Just for the sake of consistence, it is not like Itsuko give up going to store just because Kyon didn't called Itsuki early in that day.
Butterfly. Shut up.

Other VNs do stuff like this all the time and get away with it. Why do we always need to fill plot holes with fucking concrete?

Quote:
How about now? We could begin by listing what we are needing. Meanly people image editor, also some music editors. A fluff writer and route writer (tought I believe we already have some writers right? They were just not assigned to a job, yet)
Well, if we want to get that demo out before the end of next year we'll need:

-More artists
-Some bloody composers

As for the main game itself, we'll need:

-Two or three more writers, one of which can do fluff, or:
-Someone assigned entirely to do fluff.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 23:09   Link #20922
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I had considered the Anti-SOS too, but I'll save them for another game.

The SCPs work for this because of their dual personalities and also because I see Takehito Koyasu voicing male SCP... and they're incredibly awesome.
Which role for Takehito Koyasu are you referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon
Butterfly. Shut up.

Other VNs do stuff like this all the time and get away with it. Why do we always need to fill plot holes with fucking concrete?
Because they're plot holes?

But who knows. Maybe the conversation with Itsuki goes longer if you met Itsuko and that enables him to meet her (It's all about timing people!). Maybe if Kyon never met Itsuko he wouldn't notice her in the store. Maybe Kyon's just zoned out (That is apparently his default mode if something interesting isn't happening). The list goes on.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 23:15   Link #20923
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
Which role for Takehito Koyasu are you referring to?
Well, not one of his sillier ones... not Excalibur or Sakuraba, for example.

I guess a voice more like the one he does for, uh... actually I can't recall him in a serious role.

Karian Loss?

Quote:
But who knows. Maybe the conversation with Itsuki goes longer if you met Itsuko and that enables him to meet her (It's all about timing people!). Maybe if Kyon never met Itsuko he wouldn't notice her in the store. Maybe Kyon's just zoned out (That is apparently his default mode if something interesting isn't happening). The list goes on.
Like I said. Butterfly.
Old 2009-11-02, 23:20   Link #20924
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

I've always viewed the SCP as a more sleazy (when off duty) Kyoya Ootori.
(Man I'm loving parenthesis tonight!)

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 23:22   Link #20925
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Before I get properly caught up on the two new pages that just sprang up when I wasn't looking, I'd like to say that Jintor is a far more important editor then I am. I'm just doing it because he's been busy recently. Notice how many of the entries he's done versus how many I've done.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 23:25   Link #20926
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Only on Day 6 and some parts of Divine and CoOp.

I'd like some in Alien, too, but Danchou is having enough trouble writing that outline as it is.
How it can be Alien without romance? I is Yuki, danmit! It don't really need to be a romance, but it still need to be somewhat romantic. Also, I was under the impression all girl routes would have some romance.

Quote:
Butterfly. Shut up.

Because it make the game better? I would lie to see some "fail" scenes. Like talking with Kyonko in that day, but don't leading to her route.

Anyway, you have played more VN then I, however, I was impressed how F/SN was consistent with that. I mean, there are three completelly different routes defined by a small change in the 3th day. However, the game was clear enough how that small change effect all the story.

I need to back to playing Clannad (I have to redownload it, tough), but I have not seen any inconcistence in there. And I am the type who sae before all choices and test every one of then.

Quote:
Well, if we want to get that demo out before the end of next year we'll need:

-More artists
-Some bloody composers

As for the main game itself, we'll need:

-Two or three more writers, one of which can do fluff, or:
-Someone assigned entirely to do fluff.
There is a lot of people in the social group who are doing nothing yet. I tought they were writers. At last I know some of then are (and I know otai is not one, but give many awesome ideas anyway)

Quote:
I had considered the Anti-SOS too, but I'll save them for another game.

The SCPs work for this because of their dual personalities and also because I see Takehito Koyasu voicing male SCP... and they're incredibly awesome.
Another game? Think low Kaisos! I would franckly preffer the anti-SOS. However, Taniguchi and Kunikida sound good too. I don't like the SCP as the only ones, tough. Maybe we can have all three? Actally, we can use it to show some useless characters. How about Sakanaka? Or Tamaru siblings.

PP:
Quote:
That. This is some useless things I would like to see. I mean, if Kyon didn't met Itsuko, then give a small note he reconised the "pretty girl" from Day4, but didn't talk to her. If he had met her but haven't called Itsuki, then a "failed" scene, with him not being able to make a good conversation.

I don't want to over carry Kaisos, so I would not ask to him to do that kind of useless stuff. However, if we have someone else to do it, it would be cool.

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-11-02 at 23:54.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 23:59   Link #20927
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
How it can be Alien without romance? I is Yuki, danmit! It don't really need to be a romance, but it still need to be somewhat romantic. Also, I was under the impression all girl routes would have some romance.
Romance but not fluff. You don't go on dates or have Fluff Days in TT or Esper.

Quote:
Anyway, you have played more VN then I, however, I was impressed how F/SN was consistent with that.
Huh?

F/SN has so many plotholes you could take one step forward and never stop falling. It's a great game, but man is it inconsistent with a lot of pretty important stuff.
Old 2009-11-03, 00:10   Link #20928
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Alien route is shonen. You can probably count the number of shonen serieses with actual romance in them on one hand.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 00:13   Link #20929
Heatth

Quote:
Romance but not fluff. You don't go on dates or have Fluff Days in TT or Esper.
Ahn, ok. What is fluff again?

Quote:
Huh?

F/SN has so many plotholes you could take one step forward and never stop falling. It's a great game, but man is it inconsistent with a lot of pretty important stuff.
I read it a lot, but most exemple I saw were wrong. I don't remember if every Bad End make sense, however, specifically Day3, were the routes branch (when the only time you choices actually matter), is very consistent:

If you stop Saber from injuring Archer, Rin part with Shirou early, making Illya attaching in a unfavorable place, making Saber and Archer wining Berseker, don't making Rin and Shirou ally, allowing Archer to plot everything...

If you are nice to Sakura, she tries a bit more, making... well, everything happen.

I really don't see as many plot holes as most say.

PP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Alien route is shonen. You can probably count the number of shonen serieses with actual romance in them on one hand.
Do comedy romance count? Many are shone, specially after Love Hina. Anyway, it is still Ngato's route. In canon the only girl who surpass her in "romance" is Haruhi. (don't counting the lusting lines Kyon thinks about Mikuru). It might not be the focus, but, it shuld be there anyway.
Old 2009-11-03, 00:16   Link #20930
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Ahn, ok. What is fluff again?
""Warm And Fuzzy Feeling". A Fanfic whose sole purpose for existence is to make the reader go "Awwww! That's so sweet!" at regular intervals and/or at the end. Frequently labeled as Fluff. Mostly made and read by female audiences or male audiences who make sure no one is watching behind their back. "

*e* Also... yeah, "Nagato stories end poorly." Don't make it worse for her, damn it.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-11-03, 00:26   Link #20931
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
*e* Also... yeah, "Nagato stories end poorly." Don't make it worse for her, damn it.
This philosophy will extend to our game as well.

Also, we're going to make her smile. Once. Probably right before the bad things start happening to her.
Old 2009-11-03, 00:29   Link #20932
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... Jerks.
Old 2009-11-03, 00:57   Link #20933
Heatth

Quote:
""Warm And Fuzzy Feeling". A Fanfic whose sole purpose for existence is to make the reader go "Awwww! That's so sweet!" at regular intervals and/or at the end. Frequently labeled as Fluff. Mostly made and read by female audiences or male audiences who make sure no one is watching behind their back."
Aaaah, really? I get it totally wrong then. Errr, don't fluff have a completelly different meaning in RPG jargon? As background information that has no use for rules?

Quote:
This philosophy will extend to our game as well.

Also, we're going to make her smile. Once. Probably right before the bad things start happening to her.
Good, I guess. Poor Yuki. Anyway, could we have a good end for her, please? Actually, could we have a good end for everyone? Even if it is ambiguously happy? Maybe so incredebly hidden no sane man would find? Or maybe impossible to get in the first play?

I like a bit of despair, but no light in the end of tunnel is... bad.
Old 2009-11-03, 01:01   Link #20934
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Just remember that there's a high probability that the light at the end of the tunnel is a train coming in your direction.
Old 2009-11-03, 01:01   Link #20935
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Good, I guess. Poor Yuki. Anyway, could we have a good end for her, please? Actually, could we have a good end for everyone?
Uhhhhh.

...FINAL?
Old 2009-11-03, 01:03   Link #20936
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

Quote:
Aaaah, really? I get it totally wrong then. Errr, don't fluff have a completelly different meaning in RPG jargon? As background information that has no use for rules?

Good, I guess. Poor Yuki. Anyway, could we have a good end for her, please? Actually, could we have a good end for everyone? Even if it is ambiguously happy? Maybe so incredebly hidden no sane man would find? Or maybe impossible to get in the first play?

I like a bit of despair, but no light in the end of tunnel is... bad.
Two types of fluff, Heatth. The first type is exactly what you described. The second type is the one that was in reply to you.

We can't have good end for our charas because Kaisos is a jerk. A Jerkass. Also he's Neutral Evil.
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 01:04   Link #20937
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by besieger View Post
We can't have good end for our charas because Kaisos is a jerk. A Jerkass. Also he's Neutral Evil.
I am not!

It's just that characters who suffer are far, far more interesting than characters who are happy. The latter is comedy, and while we do have that, that's not really what this VN is supposed to be about.
Old 2009-11-03, 01:05   Link #20938
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

So what part of making our heroine suffer isn't neutral evil?
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 01:08   Link #20939
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by besieger View Post
So what part of making our heroine suffer isn't neutral evil?
She's a character, not a person, and I don't do it with malicious intent so much as the need to write a decent story?
Old 2009-11-03, 01:08   Link #20940
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

He doesn't do it out of maliciousness.

*e* Ack! ninja'd.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan