AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-25, 04:59   Link #41
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Such a rush job here with the Empire rebellion arc. Was expecting at least 2 episodes for it. They even left out a side thing for a character. Touya also made contracts with several beasts and reptiles that are under his two familiars. He had an animal army plus his harem against the rebels which makes it more believable that they stopped the coup given his confidence. The demon was also subjected to the infinite Slip torture on the ground after its wings got cut so the place was shaking as the demon rises and falls down. The emperor also met up with the king before the actual raid. And also made a speech before the attack to assure the people that the emperor is stopping the rebellion.
Ah well, they want to get all the wives together this season. And this quality is typical again for these shows. Really shouldn't be expecting anything grand for this. At least we see a tiny bit of Touya's sadistic streak against his enemies.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-25, 08:41   Link #42
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, this series does tend to cut a good bit of content that could give a bit more color to things. Touya isn't the most unique character, but he's got more to him than we often see in the anime (I think this is the first time we saw a glimpse of his sadistic, evil smile which he should've used multiple times by now). Oh well, it's still fun.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-25, 09:42   Link #43
Calca
Expressionless

The smugs over at animenewsnetwork hates this anime. So I think I should watch it.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-25, 14:35   Link #44
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
The smugs over at animenewsnetwork hates this anime. So I think I should watch it.
That is a pretty good sign of quality.
Old 2023-04-29, 16:41   Link #45
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 11:22.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-29, 21:25   Link #46
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Hope we get a beach episode with the new girls this season .
Old 2023-05-01, 13:26   Link #47
Frontier

I guess it makes sense that you save an Empire, you get an Imperial Princess for a wife out of it, not that anyone informed Touya or cared about his opinion until after the fact. Can't go against Top Wife Yumina after all! And all the girls accept Lucia as one of their own .

And on top of that they're just straight up giving Touya his own land and kingdom! The Duchy of Brunhild has a nice ring to it. Though yeah, engaged to two princesses he may as well just have his own nation at this point .

I love how Rebecca was waiting for an excuse to build a castle this whole time, and Workshop is so proficient it can get it done in three days. Lu finally gets to contribute by letting them reuse assets from an old castle. And thus Touya and his wives get their own brand-spanking new castle .

It even has it's own entertainment center that can entertain monarchs and girls alike! Even if the girls can't really play them all that well, though never bet against Elze .

I guess we haven't seen Leen in a while, so that was nice, even if she's mostly there just to sass Touya and make him dote on her. But that's to be expected .

It's too bad what happened to the Takeda Clan, but their loss is Touya's gain as he gets citizens, a security force, and even an advisor all in one! Not to mention it's always a treat to see Tsubaki !

Things seem to be progressing well with Touya and Lu! She looks out for his mental health when he's putting all this work in with building things up and Touya is responding to her feelings nicely. That handhold amidst the fireworks was quite cute .
Old 2023-05-01, 14:29   Link #48
zeross87

oof they cut a whole lot this time around. for thse interested :

Spoiler for cut content:
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-01, 14:35   Link #49
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Makes sense for time, but I was disappointed they cut one fun little bit about a haunted castle.
Spoiler:
Old 2023-05-01, 14:39   Link #50
zeross87

yeah i hope we will at least see ripple later. she is a quite funny side character i think
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-01, 15:00   Link #51
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

I am disappointed they skipped the Renne backstory.
Old 2023-05-01, 22:45   Link #52
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

So much skipped stuff.
Spoiler:
I feel like I know where they want to end this season at this pace but we'll see how much they trim out in the next episodes.
Old 2023-05-03, 17:29   Link #53
Strahan

Funny, I just watched the last two episodes and my first thought was that I gotta ask on the forum if any novel readers know if they've been cutting stuff; but reading the last comments, I guess that's pretty obvious lol. The last two episodes were moving things along at a breakneck pace. I'm glad to hear the novel isn't as light on detail. I'll have to check it out.

I'd wonder how the things that use electricity are working, but then I guess they'd just handwave it with "program" magic lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-08, 13:14   Link #54
Frontier

OP subs! Kind of random, but I'll take 'em !

Touya has obtained the Alchemy Ward! Complete with Flora, apparently the bustiest of the doctor's android girls. She's so busty her boobs bounce every time she moves! And of course her test would involve forcing Touya to get a handful of those massive knockers (and a kiss to boot) .

I'm starting to think the doctor was a complete degenerate when you see the kind of medicine she was cooking up...then again, the way these android girls are already indicated as much. But it's nice to have a ready medical wing and lab for whenever anyone gets severely injured, needs a new limb, or Touya needs to carry out an experiment .

So Flora's big boobs make the girls feel self-conscious...the younger girls expecially, and even Linze because she can't beat that, and that's before they find out Touya grabbed them and macked on her to boot. He's got some 'splaining to do !

Touya can frikkin' fly now! What can't he do!? Although he still gets nauseous, but that just lands him an Elze lap pillow .

Love Goddess reminding Touya he needs to talk to the girls' parents to get their permission to marry their daughters. Yae challenges her own father to marry Touya and Touya meets Elze and Linze's aunt and uncle (I guess their parents are dead?). They were very sweet scenes .

When you kill so many thunderbears you just bow out while they're counting them .

Ende returns! And Touya gets some more info out of them. Seems like the Phrase only attack humans because the core of their king is inside of one and they can't tell which. I wonder if a character we've already met has the core? And Ende is some mysterious "traveler" who seems keen on making sure the king gets back home and was there 5,000 years ago during the first Phrase invasion. As many answers as Ende provides, there's still more questions .

Touya is determined to get some Frame Gear on their side before the next Phrase invasion, which means he needs air support. Which means his first new contract of this season with the Flame Emperor voiced by Houko Kuwashima (?)! And she's calmest and most rational of the beasts that she doesn't even challenge Touya, she just lets him form a contract with her! Welcome to the team, Kyouguku !
Old 2023-05-08, 15:38   Link #55
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Skips are still aplenty. They skipped the whole recruitment process for his Knights, who just appeared out of nowhere here and greeted him. It was a pretty thorough and challenging recruitment so only the most dedicated can join and would have been a full episode on its own. They accepted all, men and women, human or demihuman and did not want people who discriminates races or gender. That's why they accepted several beastmen and demons. Given how the first 3 knights of his country(who were trained by the Eashen guys) are gone, the recruitment arc was expected to be gone too. So yup, he has knights now who arrived offscreen.

I believe there was also an arc before the recruitment coz Touya needed the help of a person there to help with the interviews so they also skipped a whole arc.
Spoiler:

Or maybe it's for next time since it's sort of important. They still skipped a part and moved an arc.
Old 2023-05-08, 15:42   Link #56
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Skips are still aplenty. They skipped the whole recruitment process for his Knights, who just appeared out of nowhere here and greeted him. It was a pretty thorough and challenging recruitment so only the most dedicated can join and would have been a full episode on its own. They accepted all, men and women, human or demihuman and did not want people who discriminates races or gender. That's why they accepted several beastmen and demons. Given how the first 3 knights of his country(who were trained by the Eashen guys) are gone, the recruitment arc was expected to be gone too. So yup, he has knights now who arrived offscreen.

I believe there was also an arc before the recruitment coz Touya needed the help of a person there to help with the interviews so they also skipped a whole arc.
Spoiler:

Or maybe it's for next time since it's sort of important. They still skipped a part and moved an arc.
I really hope they do not skip this. It is rather important to the story.
Old 2023-05-15, 14:28   Link #57
Frontier

Waking up next to Yumina in her PJ's is probably the most pleasant sight Touya's ever woken up to...especially with that good morning kiss !

Alright, time for the next Babylon! Complete with the girls showing some impressive teamwork to slay some monsters without Touya's help! Lucia finally gets in on the action with her daggers too .

So we've got Fredmonica, the fiery loli android administrator wielding a giant wrench, who doesn't have a perverted test for Touya but she ends up flat on her back and flashing her panties so much that she may as well have .

Touya has found the Hangar! Meaning he finally has Frame Gear at his disposal! And boy is he desperate to pilot a Mecha, down to tracking down whatever fuel source he can get at his disposal and even getting a virtual simulation going to pilot said Mecha (thank you Rebecca)! And soon everybody will be riding their own Frame Gear, it seems ..

Flora looks really nice in that nurse uniform !

We haven't had Sue show up in a while and now she's trying to get hitched to Touya! I mean, pretty fast, but better Touya than some scummy, perverted, prince who is wayyyy too old for her .

I love how the Harem is basically like "we expected this to happen" when they find out Sue wants to marry Touya and are totally cool with it .

So the messenger from the other kingdom was actually the second prince? I guess Touya is going to save his mom and then oust the scummy prince to put the second prince on the throne .
Old 2023-05-15, 15:16   Link #58
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Man, as an anime only viewer it really did look like Lucia turned from a sheltered princess to a twin sword wielding adventurer overnight, she can even suddenly defeat a rhino!

Good thing I read all those spoilers about skipped content
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-15, 18:50   Link #59
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Way to go smartphone you skipped the most important part of the 5th light novel.
Old 2023-05-15, 22:06   Link #60
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

The ending rings a bit hollow with the skipped arc. Touya kinda built a reputation that he somehow saves other countries of their problems as a new duke of a new country. He quelled the rebellion in the Regulus Empire and he also did it in the skipped arc. That's why this 2nd prince Cloud asked for Touya's help when he heard he was the Duke of Brynhild.

And I really dislike this arc coz Sue pretty much pushed herself to Touya to solve her problem and also take her as a wife. She has the flimsiest and weakest reason to be in the harem. She's only there as a token loli and that's it. And as the doormat Touya is, he gets used by Duke Ortlinde to solve his daughter's problem and get a new member for his wife collection.

Tags
adventure, comedy