AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-02-25, 16:29   Link #161
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Surprises me that nobody yet has posted about this but Atlus will be releasing P3 FES in America this year, concretely April 22 for 30 bucks. Any takers?
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 16:36   Link #162
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

So the countdown was for the U/C version of FES after all, eh? Nice!

I'm looking forward to some real closure. And a lot more Yukari (and Aigis) too.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 16:37   Link #163
Z3120

If P3: FES will merely be 30, I'll keep my original then. I'm still pondering whether or not I should sell it before FES comes.
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 16:40   Link #164
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I would be reluctant to sell my original, since it came with a nice box cover and an artbook. Weren't all U/C copies of Persona 3 packaged that way? I reckon it would be hard to sell the game without its extras.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 17:29   Link #165
beamknight87
Gold Saint

I remember the game got delayed due to some issues concerning the artbooks. Anyways, I now FES will be a pain in the ass to get, since good distribution has never been inherent with Atlus, at least in my case (cough RivieraYgddraUnionSRWOG1SRWOG2OdinSphere cough).

Still, can't wait to BURN MY BREAD!!!! ^^ LOL
Old 2008-02-25, 20:16   Link #166
techiet
Shiori~

Send a message via AIM to techiet Send a message via MSN to techiet
That's why you pre-order. Especially with Atlus titles.

Gonna pre-order this as soon as it shows up on Amazon. Will go nicely with my original Persona 3 game, Mitsuru, and Aegis figurines. :3
Old 2008-02-25, 20:41   Link #167
bombsaces

Send a message via MSN to bombsaces
Nice pricing of FES, $30 for the Full edition? Thank you. Even though I know most of the plot of Episode Aigis it'll still be fun to play *goes off to reserve*.
bombsaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 20:56   Link #168
Z3120

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Weren't all U/C copies of Persona 3 packaged that way? I reckon it would be hard to sell the game without its extras.
Some Gamestops here butchered the released and only sold the game. This was when the game was getting rare after about 3 months though.

But yeah...

Edit: So, since it has been confirmed, anyone know where I can preorder FES?

Last edited by Z3120; 2008-02-26 at 02:34.
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 07:36   Link #169
MeganeShounen
Huh?

I'm happy that you can use the Clear saves from your normal game to beef up Minato from the get go on "The Journey/Episode: Yourself". Saves me the bother of drinking coffee/studying at night/singing at the karaoke. Also, the costume change system is pretty much eyecandy at this point.

An all meido team. Yeah~
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 11:24   Link #170
digi.amuro

I would have posted earlier, but I was still celebrating. Its funny, I hadnt been by the Atlus forums in a week or two, but I was browsing around an imageboard and some guy mentioned it, so I checked it out yesterday and what do I find: FES just announced!

It was like fate or something. Just think if I hadnt gone to that imageboard, I wouldnt have known or anything until the next time I thought about it.
Old 2008-02-26, 15:20   Link #171
KOS-MOS

can't wait for english version of FES ...
and Aegis too ... more social linking with Her ... Yeia~
KOS-MOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 23:01   Link #172
techiet
Shiori~

Send a message via AIM to techiet Send a message via MSN to techiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3120 View Post
Some Gamestops here butchered the released and only sold the game. This was when the game was getting rare after about 3 months though.

But yeah...

Edit: So, since it has been confirmed, anyone know where I can preorder FES?
Gamestop/EBGames should have it in their systems, but Amazon hasn't put it up yet. :/
Old 2008-02-27, 00:25   Link #173
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Wondering since this is also such a popular game with tons of fanarts and else why not post some much like the SRW thread?

Have some to begin with ^^

Old 2008-02-27, 02:22   Link #174
KOS-MOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamknight87 View Post
Wondering since this is also such a popular game with tons of fanarts and else why not post some much like the SRW thread?

Have some to begin with ^^
this pic ... really hit me ...
;_;
Old 2008-02-27, 03:05   Link #175
Oppius
Banned

Spoiler for Mitsuru fanarts:
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 03:24   Link #176
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I've been meaning to get this game for sometime now, but I can't seem to find it anywhere now...even with the nice box art special edition.
After reading this thread, I now hear that the FES edition is coming out...is it the same as the original Persona 3 game with some extras here and there or is it entirely different?
This game caught my attention when I was reading Play magazine and was nominated or mentioned as one of the best RPGs to be released for 07.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 09:10   Link #177
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
I've been meaning to get this game for sometime now, but I can't seem to find it anywhere now...even with the nice box art special edition.
After reading this thread, I now hear that the FES edition is coming out...is it the same as the original Persona 3 game with some extras here and there or is it entirely different?
This game caught my attention when I was reading Play magazine and was nominated or mentioned as one of the best RPGs to be released for 07.
It's the same P3 game, and a whole truckload more stuff to do, actually. AND THEN there's FES-only "Episode: Aigis/The Answer" storyline.

The only bonus you get when you've played the original (and gotten a Clear save) is that you can use that to jumpstart your FES new game file. And probably the knowledge about certain events beforehand.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 11:35   Link #178
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Even though I beat P3, I probably won't port over my save for the rehashed version. Now that I know the story, taking the fun out of the battle system by having your main being over lvl 90 from the get go would probably bore me to tears. It would make me drop the game before I get to the additions and goodies from this version of P3, lol. And no chance in hell I'm passing up the costume changes, so I ain't playing episode Aigis first lol.

Really though, this game is a steal. Not very many times you get the original game AND the expansion pack for half the original price. Sure you don't get the extras from the first game, but then again, if someone is hardcore enough to want the extras, they would've bought the first game in the first place. So really, this should be a hit with the casual crowd being more accessible and cheaper to boot too.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 17:34   Link #179
Garet Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Even though I beat P3, I probably won't port over my save for the rehashed version. Now that I know the story, taking the fun out of the battle system by having your main being over lvl 90 from the get go would probably bore me to tears. It would make me drop the game before I get to the additions and goodies from this version of P3, lol. And no chance in hell I'm passing up the costume changes, so I ain't playing episode Aigis first lol.
Not to worry, as it seems your levels don't carry over. According to the FAQ at Atlus, you get to keep:
-Your Academics, Charm, and Courage rankings (best thing, IMO!)
-Your discovered Fusion Spells list
-Any key items you possess that unlock Persona fusions
-Your Persona compendium (However, the Personas in your compendium will be reset to their base level, stats, and skills)

I think I'll probably take the help to speed things along a bit.
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 00:00   Link #180
KOS-MOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
It's the same P3 game, and a whole truckload more stuff to do, actually. AND THEN there's FES-only "Episode: Aigis/The Answer" storyline.

The only bonus you get when you've played the original (and gotten a Clear save) is that you can use that to jumpstart your FES new game file. And probably the knowledge about certain events beforehand.
in FES ... do i have to finished the Main Story first to unlocking episode Aegis?

Tags
ps2