AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-29, 15:34   Link #141
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Geass View Post
Neither could I. I mean, he lost his family at such a young age in such a horrible way. Then, once he finally turned vampire, it was like he wasn't allowed to forget about it (not that it'd be easy to do in the first place). He was being constantly reminded about it just by being surrounded by other vampires, and now he is one? Man, now I understand more why he never looked that happy.

Help him, Yuuki!!
him indeed Yuki! He needs you now more than ever!

Kaname has such a huge VK fan following & service on here in the form of us!
Old 2009-05-30, 16:38   Link #142
HollowScar

Send a message via Yahoo to HollowScar
Zero is more

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
Zero kinda freaks me out at points the way he acts around Yuuki, almost obsessively
I wouldn't say Zero is obsessed with Yuki, but just protective of her. The problem with Zero is he is emotionless in situation's where you expect him to have lot's of emotion's.

Sure, Kaname treats him in an unfriendly way, but he is still very impolite to others such as Yuki, the Headmaster, and Toga Yagari (Vampire Hunter), who care for him. Even if Kaname was nice to him, he would still be a jerk. He goes by the rules, and that's it.
Spoiler for Vampire Knight, Epsiode 13:
Old 2009-05-31, 11:30   Link #143
KimmyChan

Zero is definately like an over-protective older brother towards Yuki, but in some ways it isn't a bad thing
Old 2009-06-04, 12:10   Link #144
Code Geass
Princess of Geass

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowScar View Post
I wouldn't say Zero is obsessed with Yuki, but just protective of her. The problem with Zero is he is emotionless in situation's where you expect him to have lot's of emotion's.

Sure, Kaname treats him in an unfriendly way, but he is still very impolite to others such as Yuki, the Headmaster, and Toga Yagari (Vampire Hunter), who care for him. Even if Kaname was nice to him, he would still be a jerk. He goes by the rules, and that's it.
Spoiler for Vampire Knight, Epsiode 13:
The impoliteness might just be an aspect of his personality, but after the events that took place in his past went through, it's really just impossible to tell. Zero's just a guy with one goal in mind and a thick skull (except around Yuki, but even then it's pretty difficult for her to get through to him). But, can anyone blame him, even Kaname-sama?
Old 2009-06-04, 12:16   Link #145
KimmyChan

I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but Zero is beginning to grow much more on me now
Old 2009-06-09, 01:20   Link #146
Code Geass
Princess of Geass

Quote:
I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but Zero is beginning to grow much more on me now
I guess it happens to all of us eventually.
Old 2009-06-09, 09:57   Link #147
KimmyChan

That it does, and is natural I guess as the storyline progresses
Old 2009-06-09, 18:09   Link #148
equinox

Quote:
That it does, and is natural I guess as the storyline progresses
I agree!!!

And whatever people say, I'm convinced that he will be the one ending up with yuuki...
Old 2009-06-10, 07:46   Link #149
KimmyChan

It certainly is starting to look more & more that way indeed
Old 2009-06-12, 17:55   Link #150
HollowScar

Zero is an emotional wreck, whose existence is

Zero is not a hundred or thousand year old pureblood vampire who has a whole bunch of followers. He is not an intelligent mastermind who plans ahead of time, or someone who has a whole bunch of fan following in the day class.

He is just an average guy with the problems. His parents died from a vampire, which he did not let go. His brother betrayed him, for a vampire. He was bitten by a vampire, and the only person that could save him from turning into a level E, is also a vampire. Also, it wasn't Yagari (Vampire Hunter) that made him the strongest vampire hunter, but Kaname, who is a vampire. In the end, the person he cared for the most, Yuki, turned out to be a vampire, and told him that the old Yuki was gone. What would you do, if that happened to you?

What does that tell you about him? He is a young man, and is bound to filled with anger. He is in a phase that is common for people his age, who lack experience. He hates Vampire's, but Vampire's shaped his life. He does not have any credibility. He was supposed to be the strong Vampire Hunter, but instead became a vampire himself, and had to be saved by a vampire (Kaname). This made him feel like a wuss, who had to be protected by his own enemy. This is why lot's of us can feel for him, because he is nothing without Vampire's.

In life, Zero is in a path that will only hurt him, the more he ventures into it. This is evident, when Ichiru died. Poor Zero. No one to protect him. He is only powerful now, because of Kaname.

As for those of you, that say that he is selfish, he actually cares for her. He protected her several times in the anime. During the end, he declared that he would eventually kill her, because she is a vampire. This may make him selfish, but he did she her in a flashback later on, which shows that he will miss her.
Old 2009-06-12, 18:33   Link #151
Slick_rick

^I don't know if Zero would be nothing without Vampires but I certainly no one thing he would be, happy. You seem to want him to thank them for playing with and ruining his life like it was some sort of game including Kaname, Shizuka, Rido and the Vampire Council. If anyone is to blame for the path he takes it is them. Whether Zero kills all the Vampires or not rest at there feet.

Kaname himself is similar with the vampire council. He believed them to be "evil" and Zero certainly thinks of purebloods as that also and from what he's seen and experienced because of them I don't necessarily disagree. Kaname lumped the whole council as evil but certainly there were one or two who didn't like to burn babies, etc., just like there is certainly a few "good" purebloods, but that didn't stop him from murdering all of them. Zero does the same for the "greater good" so if Kaname life ends up in ruins I don't really see how I'll shed any tears about it. Kaname helped create the person Zero is now and he should live with the consequences of it. Though I believe Zero is a much better person that Kaname and won't resort to mass murder in the end.
Old 2009-06-13, 07:42   Link #152
equinox

Quote:
Zero is not a hundred or thousand year old pureblood vampire who has a whole bunch of followers. He is not an intelligent mastermind who plans ahead of time, or someone who has a whole bunch of fan following in the day class.
I don't think that Zero is an average guy withou any power.. chapter 50 proves us how powerful he is now (he gets angry and the windowpane goes bust --> normally just a pureblood would be able to do smth like that)
so after drinking Kaname's, Yuuki's, Ichiru's and indirectly Shizuka's blood he seems to have a power which maybe will make him able to compete with Kaname!!!
And after becoming the presiedent of the Hunter's Association he might have many followers as well...

I think with chapter 50 we have a change for Zero's situation.. he might have been the one people felt sorry for.. but now it seems that he has matured and can stand on his own feet (he can't depend on yuuki or another person any more.. he knows he is alone) having much more power than other hunters or normal vampires
Old 2009-06-14, 04:31   Link #153
HollowScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox View Post
I don't think that Zero is an average guy withou any power.. chapter 50 proves us how powerful he is now (he gets angry and the windowpane goes bust --> normally just a pureblood would be able to do smth like that)
so after drinking Kaname's, Yuuki's, Ichiru's and indirectly Shizuka's blood he seems to have a power which maybe will make him able to compete with Kaname!!!
And after becoming the presiedent of the Hunter's Association he might have many followers as well...

I think with chapter 50 we have a change for Zero's situation.. he might have been the one people felt sorry for.. but now it seems that he has matured and can stand on his own feet (he can't depend on yuuki or another person any more.. he knows he is alone) having much more power than other hunters or normal vampires
You are right. He is strong like a pureblood, but who made him that? Kaname did. This only depreciates his character, as he is a weakling who is nothing much by himself. If only Yagari helped him, he would be a much weaker vampire hunter.

I don't understand, why he has to kill other purebloods, when the pureblood that killed his parent's died. I know that he is a vampire hunter, but he is what he is because of the blood from the purebloods that makes him stronger. It's a fair deal. Zero gets cured in exchange for looking after Yuki. Zero becomes the world's strongest vampire hunter, in exchange for defeating Rido. Now they are even, and should leave each other.

As for Zero, I feel sorry for him, because he looks like he will never be happy, and live a lonely, and meaningless life.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

By the way, I don't know where to ask this, but does anyone know an dark anime's like Vampire Knight with tragic end. If so email me at mdbowness@yahoo.ca because this is a forum only for Zero.
Old 2009-06-14, 05:21   Link #154
equinox

Quote:
I don't understand, why he has to kill other purebloods, when the pureblood that killed his parent's died. I know that he is a vampire hunter, but he is what he is because of the blood from the purebloods that makes him stronger. It's a fair deal. Zero gets cured in exchange for looking after Yuki. Zero becomes the world's strongest vampire hunter, in exchange for defeating Rido. Now they are even, and should leave each other.
I would say he wants to kill them all because pureblood have the power turning humans into vampire.. and he has the opinion that every pureblood would do such a thing cause they are all just "beasts"

Quote:
As for Zero, I feel sorry for him, because he looks like he will never be happy, and live a lonely, and meaningless life.
yeah i feel the same.. but i think in the end there will be happy ending for zero.. cause Kaname will have a cused life as Shizuka said.. if he would end up with Yuuki in the end his life wouldn't be cursed at all, right?
I think yuuki will understand that Kaname was her first crush, but that she doesn't really love him.. IMO you can't really love someone if you still have to think about another man...
Old 2009-06-14, 10:02   Link #155
Slick_rick

Quote:
You are right. He is strong like a pureblood, but who made him that? Kaname did. This only depreciates his character, as he is a weakling who is nothing much by himself. If only Yagari helped him, he would be a much weaker vampire hunter.
Zero is far from a weakling. Even before being turned into a vampire he was one of the most talented and gifted vampire hunters. He was able to spot Shizuka even before his parents did. Purebloods are so powerful even there own kind fears them so I don't know how Zero not being as strong as them before makes him "weak". Your definition of strength is warped if your strandard is only pureblood levels as them everyone in the show except them would be a "weaklings".

Quote:

I don't understand why Kaname had to kill the entire vampire council. It was Rido who killed his parents and not only that who is the say all of them had any part of the dealings with Rido? He lumped them all together and slaughtered them did he not? When did he ever try to change them instead of spending them in the school trailing after Yuki? If he was truly as intelligent and cunning as people make him out to be I can't see a reason why he couldn't find a different way to take care of the council.

Also I don't think it much of a fair trade. Zero doesn't value being the strongest vampire hunter especially if that means being turned more into something he hates. Zero lost his parents, lost his brother, was made into the things he hates the most, lost Yuki and in exchange he gets possibly "cured" so he can continue living as existence he despises. Fair deal? I think not.

Quote:
Zero seemed happy when he was with Yuki but that world came crashing down on him and from what I've seen she seemed happier with him too. Either way his meaning in life now is destroying the purebloods and it's a fairly logical conclusion he reached. Lives have been put in danger/destroyed by their games. Kaname should take responsibility for the lives lost from killing the council which I believe was far from unavoidable maybe at that point in time but he certainly had years to try to take care of them/find a solution. Zero's one of the many tragic victim of these games but Kaname is someone who helps spread tragedy. All the while with an air of "I did it for the greater good" which I find laughable when we actually see the results of his meddling.

Quote:
By the way, I don't know where to ask this, but does anyone know an dark anime's like Vampire Knight with tragic end. If so email me at mdbowness@yahoo.ca because this is a forum only for Zero.
offtopic- Ga-rei Zero would be my personal recommendation as a tragedy fan. Also there is a suggestions forum specifically for questions like this so you can get others opinions.

http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdis...sprune=-1&f=15
Old 2009-06-15, 06:29   Link #156
KimmyChan

Wow, that sure was some lengthy discussion
Old 2009-06-21, 16:47   Link #157
HollowScar

Thank you. Either way, both Zero and Kaname have questionable future's. Zero lost everyone including Yuki at the end. Kaname has a sinister future as Shizuka said, even though both Yuki and him reunite at the end of the anime.

When I said that Zero was a weakling, I meant that he was physically weaker than the night class vampire's. He sensed Shizuka, because he was supposed to be the stronger twin (Poor Ichiru). When Zero pointed the Vampire gun (Bloody Rose) at Kaname, the night class vampire's got defensive. They could have taken him down easily before. Now, Zero is much stronger thanks to all the pureblood blood in his body. All I am saying is that Zero may be strong, but he hates the fact that it is because of vampire blood, rather than his own achievement.

I can understand that he was a strong vampire hunter, but now he is the world's strongest. Even more stronger than Yagari. All this vampire influence in his life, only makes his life harder, now that he hates his own existence.

One thing that I do not understand is, why does Zero have to kill Yuki? She may be a vampire now, but she was always there for him, even giving her own blood to him. She is an innocent bystander in Kaname's game, who helped a human like Zero. Even though she said, that the old Yuki was gone, she still cares for Zero. She will always run from him, so that Zero can have a reason to live. Zero says he will eventually kill her, but why? There a a whole bunch of purebloods that he could kill. Plus, it's like a disease to drink blood. Zero himself suffered from this, but he still want's to kill pureblood's, just because they turn others into vampire's. Zero should leave the path of Vampire Hunting, and acknowledge being a vampire himself. He would only destroy himself, if he ever killed Yuki, even though she is a pureblood.

Thank you again, Slick_rick, for clearing up some misconceptions, and helping me with other animes, and thanks to everyone for keeping this thread alive.
Old 2009-06-21, 21:40   Link #158
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Gosh, why can't more VK fans be like this?

If you go onto any other site, you see nothing but rabid fangirls bashing eachother like animals. This site is a safe haven for me lol xD

It keeps me sane
Old 2009-06-22, 02:54   Link #159
HollowScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyCupCakes View Post
Gosh, why can't more VK fans be like this?

If you go onto any other site, you see nothing but rabid fangirls bashing eachother like animals. This site is a safe haven for me lol xD

It keeps me sane
Thank you. I am a guy, and love Vampire Knight because of the soundtrack, the story, and the whole dark atmosphere. The rest is a plus. I can understand if there are fan girls who can be bizarre. For example, Light and L from Death Note being gay.

I like the two characters Zero, and Kaname against each other. The reason why I root for Zero, is because, he is a guy, that a lot of us guys can relate to. The loner, who feels dumbed down by everyone else. The guy who does not want your help, but needs it anyways. The guy who is in pain, and yet cannot reveal it to others. Zero is a bit extreme though, as he is arrogant towards others, to the point of hurting himself later on.
Old 2009-06-22, 04:57   Link #160
KimmyChan

BunnyCupCakes is right, this sure does make a nice change, & shows just how much more mature we are here
Closed Thread