AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-02-20, 02:13   Link #201
u43368
Disabled By Request

Quote:
"Insertion"
Such an interesting name considering what (looks like) happens.

I think this really deserved a remake over Ever17.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 03:48   Link #202
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Perhaps it will?
It may depend on how well the sales are and how successful the remake is.

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 15:55   Link #203
Celestie

But what are the chances of it getting a remake now...8 years (I think?) after its original release? Even the PSP release has been a while (okay, two years). That and KID doesn't exist anymore. I wonder if the directors/stpryplanners or whoever was in charge of the plot even vaguely know how they wanted Remember11 to end. Even if CyberFront basically hodls all rights to release a remake, are the original writers of Remember11 there as well?

Hm, I'd really love to have a remake, I really do. While Ever17 wrapped up everything nicely and is awesome by itself, I like Remember11 a lot due to the thrilling plot, thus I'd want to see a completion of the game and its story, alright.

But for it to have a remake there would have to be some trigger...it's really too bad, there hasn't been much news on any of the games (or I haven't been aware of them - though that doesn't have to mean anything...), much less new games and remakes.

On another note, I am really bothered by the plothole that concerns the person who pushed Yukidoh off the clock tower.
Spoiler for Culprit Speculation:
Or maybe it does and I have to finish all endings to acquire the other TIPs I am missing...
Celestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 16:00   Link #204
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestie View Post
But what are the chances of it getting a remake now...8 years (I think?) after its original release? Even the PSP release has been a while (okay, two years). That and KID doesn't exist anymore. I wonder if the directors/stpryplanners or whoever was in charge of the plot even vaguely know how they wanted Remember11 to end. Even if CyberFront basically hodls all rights to release a remake, are the original writers of Remember11 there as well?

Hm, I'd really love to have a remake, I really do. While Ever17 wrapped up everything nicely and is awesome by itself, I like Remember11 a lot due to the thrilling plot, thus I'd want to see a completion of the game and its story, alright.

But for it to have a remake there would have to be some trigger...it's really too bad, there hasn't been much news on any of the games (or I haven't been aware of them - though that doesn't have to mean anything...), much less new games and remakes.

On another note, I am really bothered by the plothole that concerns the person who pushed Yukidoh off the clock tower.
Spoiler for Culprit Speculation:
Or maybe it does and I have to finish all endings to acquire the other TIPs I am missing...
There actually has been quite a recent buzz over the Infinity series. First is Root Double, a game being made by the director of the Infinity series, which is shaping up to be an Infinity game in all but name.

Next is the Ever17 remake for the Xbox 360. We've started pushing for an English release of this remake over at the Aksys forums.

Third is Code18, the new game in the Infinity series for the Xbox 360 (though none of the original staff are involved) that supposedly comes out this spring.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 16:01   Link #205
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestie View Post
Well then sir, I'd like to introduce you to something called the Ever17 Remake.

As for the original writers of R11... everyone is still around, just at different jobs now. And Nakazawa knows about the clifhangerness of R11... he discussed it in the recent PSP release interviews.

The bigger question would be, will a R11 remake sell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
I think this really deserved a remake over Ever17.
Deserved is one thing, but we all know why Ever17 was picked first... it has the largest popularity many times beyond the others. Hopefully though, it will do successful enough to motivate 5pb to try and remake the entire series, including R11.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 16:05   Link #206
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
Well then sir, I'd like to introduce you to something called the Ever17 Remake.

As for the original writers of R11... everyone is still around, just at different jobs now. And Nakazawa knows about the clifhangerness of R11... he discussed it in the recent PSP release interviews.

The bigger question would be, will a R11 remake sell?
If they advertised a third route or more endings, then the answer would be "definitely", or at least, "good enough." I'd buy it, that's for sure.
Old 2011-02-24, 18:35   Link #207
VDZ

None of the original staff is involved with the Ever17 remake, right? I'm against the idea of a Remember11 remake in general (at least, one that just GIVES the answers), but if Takumi Nakazawa isn't involved, I think it would be terrible. If it ever gets an official solution, and I'm not saying it should, then it should be given by Takumi Nakazawa, nobody else.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 18:56   Link #208
winkel

We don't know all the people involved with the remake. The only person we know for sure who is not involved is Nakazawa.

The original character artist is the one doing Tsugumi's new clothes for the remake, and the original composer works with 5pb, so it's likely that he'll be doing any new BGM music too. The most important question though is who is doing the new scenarios, and with Nakazawa out, they only have 3 other people left.
Old 2011-02-24, 19:03   Link #209
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
We don't know all the people involved with the remake. The only person we know for sure who is not involved is Nakazawa.

The original character artist is the one doing Tsugumi's new clothes for the remake, and the original composer works with 5pb, so it's likely that he'll be doing any new BGM music too. The most important question though is who is doing the new scenarios, and with Nakazawa out, they only have 3 other people left.
Hmm...well, if it's not Uchikoshi, I still hope it's someone good. I don't think that Uchikoshi's doing anything right now, so he could do it, but if not, then I hope that others are up to the task and don't f*** this up.

But even if the original writer's not there, new scenarios can be good. Personally, I liked the DS-exclusive arcs in Higurashi Kizuna, so hopefully a similar situation will happen here.

Regarding the soundtrack, Nakazawa mentioned on his Twitter account that he thought it'd be possible that Takeshi Abo would be back to remix the soundtrack (Abo has done Infinity soundtrack "updates" in the past- the PSP version of Never7's OST is much less synthesizer sounding than the original, for example, and sounds better), so I think Abo will be back as well.
Old 2011-02-24, 19:05   Link #210
winkel

Was never really worried about Abo not working on Ever17 because he's been working on every staple series of 5pb up until now (the new Memories Off's, Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head) so there's no reason to not assume they'd bring him back on one of his old works.
Old 2011-02-24, 19:08   Link #211
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Well, we might get more info about the crew on March 3rd, when they release more info on the game. At least, that's how it happened when Root Double's main site was revealed, so hopefully 5pb. will do a similar thing here.
Old 2011-02-24, 19:14   Link #212
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Hmm...well, if it's not Uchikoshi, I still hope it's someone good. I don't think that Uchikoshi's doing anything right now, so he could do it, but if not, then I hope that others are up to the task and don't f*** this up.
The main issue with Uchikoshi is that he's exclusively contracted to Chun Soft now. It might be possible for him to work on Ever17, but that would require an official arrangement between Chun Soft and 5pb (or they just give Uchikoshi special permission to work on a competitor's project. However, it's rare, especially at Japanese firms, where the corporate culture tends to be rigid. While employed, the company more or less owns you).
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 19:17   Link #213
winkel

Uchikoshi has used pen names before... just saying...
Old 2011-02-24, 19:19   Link #214
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Uchikoshi has used pen names before... just saying...
True, but he'd probably be recognized for it if he uses the same pen name he did for Remember11.

Incidentally, Uchikoshi hasn't updated his blog or Twitter since December, so I can't tell what he's up to right now.
Old 2011-02-24, 19:23   Link #215
TJR

Has anyone asked Nakazawa about Uchikoshi?
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 19:27   Link #216
winkel

Even if he knew, would he tell? They work for competing companies now. I'd expect the typical "ah, haven't heard of him since I left KID, sorry wouldn't know."
Old 2011-02-24, 19:30   Link #217
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
Has anyone asked Nakazawa about Uchikoshi?
I doubt he'd really know what he's doing, as they work on separate projects now. However, Nakazawa has a link to Uchikoshi's blog on his blog, so I bet those two are still friends or acquaintances. Additionally, they did an interview for the PSP version of 12Riven together, where they discussed the Infinity series. But no, no one's asked Nakazawa about Uchikoshi, and I wouldn't do it myself.
Old 2011-03-02, 07:53   Link #218
Celestie

Oh, wonderful, I love Aksys already for bringing over 999.

Thank you for the information (I guess I really should hang around the forum more to not miss these rather brilliant hope spots)
Celestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 11:28   Link #219
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

The Infinity timeline has finally been translated, thanks to TLWiki user BlickWinkel. And let me tell you...it contains a lot of useful information that helps clear up the mystery behind Remember11. Not entirely, but it's still very helpful.

Since I don't want any of you to spoil Never7 for yourselves by reading the Infinity timeline, I took the liberty of taking all the sections relevant to Remember11 and compiling them into one.

Here it is, and I hope this can help you clear up the mystery.

Spoiler for Infinity Timeline (Remember11 sections), end-game spoilers:

Last edited by GundamAce; 2012-02-20 at 18:55.
Old 2011-03-19, 11:36   Link #220
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Incidentally, this new information should have been made into its own route in the game.

Spoiler for End game spoilers:

Tags
visual novel