AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-26, 06:58   Link #141
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenB View Post
Also does anyone know how to unlock LoC? Are pirates used for anything in this Disgaea (like previous one where you needed to steal the maps from them) or is it just a random occurrence to unlock your own pirates and make things more difficult?
TVTropes had a description of how to access the Land of Carnage... Under the tropes "That One Sidequest" and "Guide Dang It".
Spoiler for Here it is:

I only have one thing to say to that: ARGH!
Old 2011-09-26, 08:57   Link #142
EdenB
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
TVTropes had a description of how to access the Land of Carnage... Under the tropes "That One Sidequest" and "Guide Dang It".
Thanks. Though now I almost wish I didn't know. O.o
EdenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 09:01   Link #143
ZeroForever

Quote:
Item world question for anyone who knows. One of the trophies requirements is to....

get a level 300 item. How do you do this though, without being incredibly lucky on level spheres/mystery gates in a legendary item? I guess reserve pirating and resetting each time for the 15 level spheres is part of it, but that'd only give 75 extra levels. Taking the item boost path only seems to give 1 extra level per ten floors and I've only once gotten a level sphere or level-related mystery gate
100 straight
+30 for item strenghtening if taken everytime
double kill generals/president/god (kill gency kill) is like another 30
80 for RP max
240 right there
so you need to get a few of the ambush maps +5, good luck prophet map +5, and/or orbs +1/5/10 depending on color but it's suggested that you just do reseting/gency for the upper levels 70+ if your off. so usually like 12 additional boosts

pretty indepth convo on gamefaqs about it.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/99507...otten/60354604
Old 2011-09-26, 11:17   Link #144
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
This will be harder to Platinum than GT5.

I mean, one of the trophies involve getting a lv 300 item, while other demands you to collect ALL items... I mean... Yeah.
Old 2011-09-26, 20:24   Link #145
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

lol all items. I always miss all the items except the strongest one in each shop rank because I have no HL
Quote:
The bad news? Its the Cat Pirates. Not only do they only appear on floors 91-99, but their appearance rate is RIDICULOUSLY low (average time spent resetting a floor to get them to appear has been reported at around 3-4 hours).
Might be the most infuriating part for LoC I mean, I've heard people take picture celebration after those cat pirate spawned But I think I still need a long way to go before trying this one. I haven't finished bonus stage or create characters with high move + big bang etc to grind item world

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 08:43   Link #146
Vegard Aune

So I'm approaching the end of the main story mode now. And I must say...
Spoiler for Episode 9:

Also, man, somehow it feels like Desco's presence has made grinding way too easy here... I've got her and Valvatorez both at over level 200 now, and several monster-characters that I hardly even used have also hit level 100 simply by being the second component I used to form Giant Desco. And I didn't even have to try all that hard to accomplish all this; I just had Val one-shotting all the enemies on 5-2 a few times while weilding the Giant Desco Sword. As a result, the fights have gotten quite ridiculously easy as of late, since if I'm in a pinch I can just send out Val or Desco and have them one-shot virtually every non-boss enemy I encounter... At this rate, the final boss is gonna be a total pushover.

Anyway, this game is still proving to be disturbingly addictive. I can easily see myself spending at least as much time on this one as I did on the PSP-version of Disgaea 2... which I just might have played more than any other game in my entire life. And which I've only put aside for the moment since I'm more interested in this one right now.
Old 2011-09-28, 09:53   Link #147
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Also, man, somehow it feels like Desco's presence has made grinding way too easy here... I've got her and Valvatorez both at over level 200 now, and several monster-characters that I hardly even used have also hit level 100 simply by being the second component I used to form Giant Desco. And I didn't even have to try all that hard to accomplish all this; I just had Val one-shotting all the enemies on 5-2 a few times while weilding the Giant Desco Sword. As a result, the fights have gotten quite ridiculously easy as of late, since if I'm in a pinch I can just send out Val or Desco and have them one-shot virtually every non-boss enemy I encounter... At this rate, the final boss is gonna be a total pushover.
This just reminded me of the original Disgaea. Remember Laharl? Back then the game studio must have realised some people could be over-using him by himself and made the game too easy. So they put in certain game maps where Laharl was nerfed in his stats.

Jokes on them though, I never used him.

Anyway, the final boss of any Disgaea game is general easy if you took advantage of everything the game has to offer. It is the bonus maps and not-so-secret secret last boss that's tough.
Old 2011-09-28, 10:06   Link #148
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
This just reminded me of the original Disgaea. Remember Laharl? Back then the game studio must have realised some people could be over-using him by himself and made the game too easy. So they put in certain game maps where Laharl was nerfed in his stats.

Jokes on them though, I never used him.

Anyway, the final boss of any Disgaea game is general easy if you took advantage of everything the game has to offer. It is the bonus maps and not-so-secret secret last boss that's tough.
I never had this easy a time with any of the other games though. I mean, between the Giant Magichanging, Valvatorez and Desco's generally insane stats and unique special skills, and the lv99-trick, it's almost like the main story is just begging the players to utterly break it by overpowering their characters to ridiculous extents. And I haven't even reached the "best" leveling map in the main story yet! Though of course, as long as one can use the lv99-trick, which is possible in 5-2 just by passing 8 Stronger Enemies bills... Or rather, 2 Even Stronger Enemies bills followed by 2 Weaker Enemies ones... any stage with EXP-boosts becomes impropably easy to break the main story maps with.

(For those who don't know what the lv99-trick I'm referring to is... For whatever reason, killing lv99-characters will give way more experience than say a lv100-character would. Like, the amount of EXP they give is rougly equal to that of a lv300 unit. Both D3 and D4 have this quirk, yet I didn't actually know about it in D3, so this is the first time I'm actually trying to exploit it.)
Old 2011-09-28, 11:40   Link #149
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

..I don't know. At least I'm sure that I can't beat the final boss without grinding my desco and valvatorez to level 300 like now :P I think they're pretty hard for anyone trying less-grind run.
Quote:
Also, man, somehow it feels like Desco's presence has made grinding way too easy here...
YOG SOTHOTTHHHH!!
Anyway, does anyone here know what she's talking about when she uses that skill?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 11:49   Link #150
ZeroForever

you should be able to beat the last guy at around level 125~ without extra grinding in the main game the first time around...

the trick is the AI is really dumb so you can lure units (last guy) away from the rest pretty easily. then just do a series of attacks with your highest attackers next to him so they'll auto tandem attack after. Then use a character with high heath to pick up the boss so they only damage that one character and are unable to use specials that turn.
This works almost all the bosses except the giant size ones.
Old 2011-09-28, 12:12   Link #151
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
You guys wanna know how to dupe weapons?

My army of Mages equipped with Semi=Perfect Lv 250 Prinny Staffs is pretty much 1 Round clearing most maps >:

And yes, they have seriously weak defense.
Old 2011-09-28, 13:11   Link #152
EdenB
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
YOG SOTHOTTHHHH!!
Anyway, does anyone here know what she's talking about when she uses that skill?
I was trying to figure that out too. It's too echo-ey though. All I (think) I caught was "?????????? My (われの) ??????"

I'm having no problems with levelling monsters, due to magichange. It's even easier since I got dual-magichange and giant-magichange. I can level Valz and 4 monsters at the same time. What I'm having a problem with is Human characters.

Valz is level 1650ish, Fuka is 400ish and Fenrich is 100ish. Can anyone recommend any quick way to catch them up? At this rate I'll never be able to reincarnate Valz, since I won't be able to get him back to a high power without taking ages.

Also, anyone know how to beat X-Dimension 2-1? I can't figure out those walls/geoblocks.
Old 2011-09-28, 15:35   Link #153
Vegard Aune

Quote:
I was trying to figure that out too. It's too echo-ey though. All I (think) I caught was "?????????? My (われの) ??????"
Here's what I'm hearing:
"/T#)&ET>78??y4SDG "#¤T&/&A???DT??? ware wa Desco!"
So basically lots and lots of unintelligible stuff followed by "I am Desco!" Perhaps the rest of it is just random incantations of some sort?
Old 2011-09-29, 05:21   Link #154
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Damn, this sure is one popular thread.

Being new to the Disgaea series, would I be able to trouble any of you to jump out at me and rant on about what makes Disgaea 4 worth getting? I saw the Japanese trailer and am already excited, but I love hearing people's opinions on it before making purchases and the such. Thanks in advance.:P
Old 2011-09-29, 06:30   Link #155
EdenB
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Being new to the Disgaea series, would I be able to trouble any of you to jump out at me and rant on about what makes Disgaea 4 worth getting? I saw the Japanese trailer and am already excited, but I love hearing people's opinions on it before making purchases and the such. Thanks in advance.:P
I'll leave the rant to other people, but I'll mention a few things.

1) Hours spent playing/Money spent buying

Often I'll buy a game and I'll only really play it for about 20-30 hours total. Sometimes not even that. With Disgaea I'll likely be playing it for at least 100 hours and probably far more.

2) Unlocks

There are plenty of things to unlock and find. I've completed the main story and half of the postgame events, but I've still got to get lots of pirate ship parts, find tickets for the last half of the X-Dimension, unlock some more base NPCs, get a couple more Evil Symbols and I'm nowhere near getting LoC. That's not counting trying to get the best weapons - then trying to get a perfect version of them.

3) Story/Characters

Disgaea almost always has a good story. Personally I didn't like Disgaea 2's as much, but it was still interesting. All the others have been good and I like the majority of characters.
Old 2011-09-29, 06:42   Link #156
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Well well, many thanks for that layout. That sounds like a ton of content and I love games where I can return to and find something new after several playthroughs. I like the zaniness I'm hearing here: pirate ship parts, X-dimension tickets, Evil Symbols, not to mention Geo Chains, monster fusion and combos I've been seeing. This game sounds like a bunch of wacky awesome fun.

And of course, nothing's more important to me in a game than plot and characters. I saw a little bit of it in the trailer, but it sounds like a good mix to me. Also, heroine in an adorable Prinny outfit? Win.
Old 2011-09-29, 09:10   Link #157
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I never had this easy a time with any of the other games though. I mean, between the Giant Magichanging, Valvatorez and Desco's generally insane stats and unique special skills, and the lv99-trick, it's almost like the main story is just begging the players to utterly break it by overpowering their characters to ridiculous extents. And I haven't even reached the "best" leveling map in the main story yet! Though of course, as long as one can use the lv99-trick, which is possible in 5-2 just by passing 8 Stronger Enemies bills... Or rather, 2 Even Stronger Enemies bills followed by 2 Weaker Enemies ones... any stage with EXP-boosts becomes impropably easy to break the main story maps with.

(For those who don't know what the lv99-trick I'm referring to is... For whatever reason, killing lv99-characters will give way more experience than say a lv100-character would. Like, the amount of EXP they give is rougly equal to that of a lv300 unit. Both D3 and D4 have this quirk, yet I didn't actually know about it in D3, so this is the first time I'm actually trying to exploit it.)
Yeah, the thing is if you use ANY exploit at all, the man quest would be easy. The exploits are intentionally left in for those who likes to power-level, but the main quest is tuned to unexploited straight forward play.

Makes sense, really. If you use exploits it means you are trying to be powerful, so the game wouldn't make the game harder just for you and thus, not make those who don't use exploits suffer.

(I remember how Disgaea 1 had a bug that allowed you to throw diagonally. This was kept in for Disgaea 2 as a feature. Most cool exploits are left in.)
Old 2011-09-29, 19:34   Link #158
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

guess who design medic and necromancer

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 20:37   Link #159
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Yeah, the thing is if you use ANY exploit at all, the man quest would be easy. The exploits are intentionally left in for those who likes to power-level, but the main quest is tuned to unexploited straight forward play.

Makes sense, really. If you use exploits it means you are trying to be powerful, so the game wouldn't make the game harder just for you and thus, not make those who don't use exploits suffer.

(I remember how Disgaea 1 had a bug that allowed you to throw diagonally. This was kept in for Disgaea 2 as a feature. Most cool exploits are left in.)
But again, here's the deal; In the first 3 games, I felt that getting your characters beyond level 100 while still being in the main story, even with the grinding-spots and all the tricks, still took quite a lot of time and effort... Here I practically reached those levels before I even realized it. It was a lot easier to me, pulling off the process of utterly overpowering my units in this game than it was in the last two.
Also on the whole diagonal throwing thing... Heh, I'd practically forgotten that even was a glitch, as I've gotten so used to it by this point. I almost can't imagine that not being there anymore at this point.

Anyway, I just beat the final boss of the main story. As expected, he didn't give me much trouble at all. I must say, on the whole this game's plot was far better than that of the last two, and Valvatorez is pretty damn awesome as far as main characters go. Though, having cleared the main game, I now have one genuine complaint too... Admittedly a very minor one that doesn't really affect my high opinion of it at all, but still... Namely; Man, did they skimp on the end credits sequence here. The past 3 games all had several special illustrations showing a little of what happened to the characters afterwards, or just Harada taking a few chances to show off some more nice artwork... This game just had silly sprite-art followed by one (admittedly pretty awesome) illustration of Val at the end. And said silly sprite-art almost felt like it was clashing somewhat with the absolutely gorgeous ending theme, too. But like I said, really minor issue. This is still an utterly fantastic game.

Now comes the post-game... I wonder how many levels in I'll be able to get before I'll have to start grinding again? (Personal guess: Eh, two or three maybe?)
Old 2011-09-29, 23:17   Link #160
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

guess who design medic and necromancer
Did I just see Code : Kirin?

Tags
nisa, trpg