Old 2012-08-29, 16:26   Link #181
KyuubiRocks
What?!

Ummmmm... I got nothing
Old 2012-08-29, 16:28   Link #182
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
i dont get it, does the 4th not age at all?
Japanese people do not age

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 16:37   Link #183
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

WAIT!... Hold on, Hold on... Hold on... If Itachi rigged Sasuke to use Amaterasu when he sees Tobi's (Obito's) eye then why didn't it go off on Kakashi after the Danzo match? And who was it that died during the time skip for both Kakashi and Obito to awaken that pair of MS?
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 16:43   Link #184
Black-Cat-Sama

Still think Tobi was originally intended to be Obito but with all the theories running around, Kishimoto took the route of dropping more hints of who he could potentially be. Right now, if Obito is Obito, I think the "Tobi is an identity, not a person" theory works best. The Tobi in Itachi's flashback and the 4ths flashback was probably a different person and Obito took up the mask and body knowing what they person knew to uphold the image. why? dunno, but it's possible.

anyways, yay for inconsistencies and plotholes, but it was damn worth it for the cliffhanger.

'OBITO?!"

Fans: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHYYY<, NOOO GRR, BLAAH
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 16:49   Link #185
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Personally, I'm still unclear how Minato could have mistaken Tobi for Madara considering he seemingly knew Obito for 6+ years. This entire sequence of recent events just makes Minato look foolish, something Kishimoto has never really done before.
Minato referred to him as "The man in the mask" rather than Madara.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 17:10   Link #186
Spicy~Noodles
It's been a while....

I rarely say anything about the manga... but this chapter just makes me puke. I guess no one really dies in this manga. They'll all be back at some point. I really am disappointed in kishimoto right now.
Spicy~Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 17:22   Link #187
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post
WAIT!... Hold on, Hold on... Hold on... If Itachi rigged Sasuke to use Amaterasu when he sees Tobi's (Obito's) eye then why didn't it go off on Kakashi after the Danzo match? And who was it that died during the time skip for both Kakashi and Obito to awaken that pair of MS?
1. itachi likely only loaded one amaterasu
2. if he loaded more and sasuke did fire on kakashi, that would have be near indisputable evidence (and obviously too soon) that kakashi and tobi shared the same eye
3. who died during the time skip? maybe no one. the mangekyou is born from emotional circumstances as i understand (somebody correct me). IMO tobi activated his when obito "died". obito lost everything he cared for technically. as for kakashi, I have always quietly believed that he has had his mangekyou for years and waited till adulthood to start messing around with it. whats probably more likely, though, is the fact that kakashi visits that grave eeevvverryday. his eye may have just randomly activated after years of sorrow and regret. i dunno just taking a stab at it
Old 2012-08-29, 17:23   Link #188
Alchemist007
*Author

Always did think it was Obito. The one thing I still don't get is why Obito would do it. I hope it's not the Darth Vader 'my waifu is dead' thing.
Old 2012-08-29, 17:38   Link #189
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
The Tobi in Itachi's flashback and the 4ths flashback was probably a different person and Obito took up the mask and body knowing what they person knew to uphold the image.
In all the scenes where we see Tobi he has the same character, it can't be that totally different people (like Obito and Izuna for example) have the same personality. Whoever is this Tobi he is most likely the same person that fought against Minato, Konan, etc. There was only one event when he had long hair, and he was identified by Kisame as Madara, and more importantly later on when he has the short hair and takes off his mask Kisame confirms he is Madara. However when the mizukage was controlled by the masked man it was probably Madara because Obito was either too young or didn't even "die" yet. That would mean Tobi can change his face to look like Madara, but then he could change it also to look like Obito's even if he is not really Obito. Or could it be in any way that Obito was controlling the mizukage? Then why the long hair? Also a how could a young Obito control a host that has perfect control over his demon? That doesn't make sense. And why would Kisame be so dumb to mistake a young Obito for Madara? So it had to be Madara, and thus Tobi can change his face to look like other people. So there's a good chance that he is not exactly Obito. Tobi also has Madara's memories then, even those about the meeting with Kisame, so if he has that why not being able to steal Obito's memories too. Either by having his soul inside of him or just by somehow reading it from his mind.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 17:41   Link #190
Aquillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I gotta tell ya thats a massive letdown him being obito even worse is the fact that team kakashi was essentially the same Naruto is Obito Rin is Sakura and Sasuke is well Kakashi its exactly the same i gotta admit this is just plain boring
The village needs to stop producing teams that each have one girl and two guys, one of whom inevitably turns evil.

Seriously. They should stop doing that.

They should have an evil-screening test as part of the exams or something. Ask them what they would do if something went wrong in their life. If the answer is "KILL EVERYONE" or the like, you fail.

Would avert 90% of the plot.
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 17:48   Link #191
janipani

thinking back.. When Sasuke introduced himself to his new team Kakashi, he went and first announced murderous intent towards certain man. Such a healthy kid

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 18:05   Link #192
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
In all the scenes where we see Tobi he has the same character, it can't be that totally different people (like Obito and Izuna for example) have the same personality. Whoever is this Tobi he is most likely the same person that fought against Minato, Konan, etc. There was only one event when he had long hair, and he was identified by Kisame as Madara, and more importantly later on when he has the short hair and takes off his mask Kisame confirms he is Madara. However when the mizukage was controlled by the masked man it was probably Madara because Obito was either too young or didn't even "die" yet. That would mean Tobi can change his face to look like Madara, but then he could change it also to look like Obito's even if he is not really Obito. Or could it be in any way that Obito was controlling the mizukage? Then why the long hair? Also a how could a young Obito control a host that has perfect control over his demon? That doesn't make sense. And why would Kisame be so dumb to mistake a young Obito for Madara? So it had to be Madara, and thus Tobi can change his face to look like other people. So there's a good chance that he is not exactly Obito. Tobi also has Madara's memories then, even those about the meeting with Kisame, so if he has that why not being able to steal Obito's memories too. Either by having his soul inside of him or just by somehow reading it from his mind.

True, true...too true. there's just so much though that needs to be explained--but I guess the 'Obito body/shapeshiting/zetsu theory' might prove to hold a bit of ground--dunno though. If Kishi can explain his way out of it and make sense, then kudos. I haven't read Naruto since Itachi's 'second' death because of how the 'Itachi is really a hero' thing played out, but had to check in on this chapter once I heard what went down. Hopefully a good explanation awaits us after the trolling scene switch next week.. =P
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 18:09   Link #193
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Quote:
I've always thought Kisame was just mind-raped so hard he couldn't tell the difference between fish and humans. But all joking aside, Kisame could have been put under a Sharingan illusion to think anyone with a mask is Madara.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 18:21   Link #194
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
thinking back.. When Sasuke introduced himself to his new team Kakashi, he went and first announced murderous intent towards certain man. Such a healthy kid
Said murderous intent was directed towards the S-Class criminal that killed his family though.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 18:26   Link #195
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
but its good that chapter 600 is going to be the chapter that obito lets it all air out. what happened to him, why he hates kohona and all that jazz.

I mean it seems hes pissed off at them for something, when it seems kakashi never forgot about him. So why the hate, I must know.
Old 2012-08-29, 18:35   Link #196
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post
it was a one-time use technique itachi setup. most likely rin caused MS for obito, although that was pre-timeskip. kakashi's reason is still totally unknowable i think since not much happened during the timeskip and the definition for gaining MS doesn't seem true anymore

Quote:
There was only one event when he had long hair, and he was identified by Kisame as Madara
he also had long hair when he discussed the massacre with itachi which was after the minato fight

Quote:
and more importantly later on when he has the short hair and takes off his mask Kisame confirms he is Madara.
there's a simple explanation for this although i dont really like it. if tobi can control the mizukage, he can convince kisame that he's madara. reason i dont like it is because tobi seemed to actually like or respect kisame to a degree so i dnt see him lying to him like that, but it's a reasonable explanation that he just used sharingan mind manipulation. itachi's recognition of him makes less sense, but then again, itachi may have never seen tobi's face in the first place which would explain that
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 18:52   Link #197
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

next week kakashi gets hit by an obito fireball and then kakashis mask is ripped off. Also it would be hilarious if Gai was just like " its you!! Wait who are you again?"
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 19:10   Link #198
stoic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoic View Post
you guys are thinking too hard. there is certainly a reason why Kishi most gradually brings an unknown character, whom Kishi is well aware resembles Kakashi's best friend. There is no need to discuss Rin, she isn't in akatsuki.

Yondaime is dead.... there is no point in talking about him now either with regard to him being the leader of the akatsuki. The Uchiha Madara background however, im sure that has relevence in terms of Itachi's purpose in Akatsuki.

It would be interesting for Tobi to be Obito because that would create a whole new arc to why he is back and what does he want. Im sure he would have to settle something with kakashi and that would be interesting to see.

If the Uchiha Madara thing is true, Then obito coming back would be perfect. Im sure Sasuke could achieve MS ... Obito most probably has it, and of course, Itachi.

The plot thickens..

(Does anybody have alink to a picture with YONDAIME'S TEAM when he was a kid? jiraiya taught him.. but i heard a few people say that they saw yondaime and his team mates.. i remember seeing them too buh if anybody could post a link, it would be appreciated.)
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...t=34918&page=6

Haha, guess I was right after all! And I got banned for this post and some following posts!
stoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 19:12   Link #199
UsagiTenpura
Artist

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this"
I guess Uchihas are all melodramatic, 2-3 years ain't that long. So I cannot even call it inconsistent.

My bet : there is a Madara tag game and Obito got it.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 19:32   Link #200
Cael
Lurker Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I would have prefered Tobi to be Obito's father, 'cause I quite liked Cael's theory and thought that the motivation of this specific character would have been clear.
Hey, thank you for remembering!

Quote:
It needs a little explaining for Obito's motivations, though.
Yeah, I totally don't get how Obito could change his character so much, even if there was brainwashing involved.

Quote:
Of course, at this point there is still the possibility that it may just be Obito's body
I think that is what I'm hoping for. The scars on his face pretty much confirm that it is Obito's body, or at least his head...

The fact that this chapter has no dialogue may hint that these memories are being viewed by someone who did not create them.

Zetsu is able to "record" what he sees for Tobi to view later. Perhaps this is what it's like when Tobi views Zetsu's recordings/memories and it's the same when viewing Obito's memories from within.

There is a connection between Tobi and Zetsu that has yet to be revealed. Their faces and hair style is similar, they both have similar split personalities and Tobi is first seen with Zetsu searching for Sasori's ring.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion