AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-13, 22:10   Link #81
Westlo
Lets be reality

Ohsaka will be fine as the lead, only heard Akasaki as Nibutani in Chuu2, should be fine though a different voice of course. Surprised to see Yukari get Masuzu, thought her days of landing main roles were over but she'll definitely do a great job... she's a lot more than just Nanoha... Kanemoto and Kayano I both like a lot too, don't know the characters they play though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Why the hell most male leads in harem anime tend to get voiced by newbie/non-popular male seiyuu?
This "newbie" seems to be the next "it" male seiyuu, he's going to get quite the push from 2013 onwards... he's already voicing the leads of 2 Winter 2013 series in this and Hataraku Maou-sama. He's only done or about to do 8 roles, 5 of them will be lead characters.

Last edited by Westlo; 2012-10-13 at 22:21.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 23:23   Link #82
Used Can

Actually, Yukarin's serious voice is very sexy. I'm surprised some people are put off by her.
Sure, I as many others here fist thought of Saito (and Yukana in my case as well) when reading Masuzu's lines, but Yukarin is just as good.
Old 2012-10-16, 23:33   Link #83
Insane
Banned

I just feel that Yukarin was not very suited for Masuzu's role, since her voice is a rather childish, cheery type, while Masuzu is more into "cool" type.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 23:36   Link #84
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
I just feel that Yukarin was not very suited for Masuzu's role, since her voice is a rather childish, cheery type, while Masuzu is more into "cool" type.
But Yukarin also has her serious, "cool" voice.
This is like saying Saito couldn't make serious voices, since she's limited to her Luccini type of voice.
Both of them have good range.
Old 2012-10-18, 10:14   Link #85
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
But Yukarin also has her serious, "cool" voice.
This is like saying Saito couldn't make serious voices, since she's limited to her Luccini type of voice.
Both of them have good range.
Mai Kawasumi from Kanon and Rika Furude from Higurashi (to a certain degree) are the only serious girl roles of hers that I can remember off the top of my head. I really have to get more familiar with her non-genki girl and non-loli voice as I'm still finding a bit of difficulty imagining Masuzu with Yukarin's serious voice.

OreShura might be a good chance to hear her do that type of role again. I should put more faith in her years of experience as a veteran seiyuu.
Old 2012-11-16, 14:17   Link #86
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

>Eita enters high school aiming for the National University School of Medicine. Because of his parents' divorce—and his goal—he shuns anything to do with romance or love.

Gee, how ironic would it be if a lot of girls fell in love with him? The irony would be hilarious!

>One day Masuzu, the school beauty with the silver hair, who has just returned to the country, enters his life in a most unexpected way.

Nope, nope, nope.

>Chiwa, his childhood friend since elementary school, will not let this go without a fight.

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

I envy whoever makes a living from thinking up these gutter-worthy stories.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 14:21   Link #87
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
>Eita enters high school aiming for the National University School of Medicine. Because of his parents' divorce—and his goal—he shuns anything to do with romance or love.

Gee, how ironic would it be if a lot of girls fell in love with him? The irony would be hilarious!

>One day Masuzu, the school beauty with the silver hair, who has just returned to the country, enters his life in a most unexpected way.

Nope, nope, nope.

>Chiwa, his childhood friend since elementary school, will not let this go without a fight.

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

I envy whoever makes a living from thinking up these gutter-worthy stories.
Are you expecting it to be a guilty pleasure or a so-bad-it's good show ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 14:28   Link #88
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Are you expecting it to be a guilty pleasure or a so-bad-it's good show ?
I honestly expect it to be a horrible piece of trash, judging from the premise alone. Of course I could be wrong, but a story that starts with such abhorrent cliches isn't something I can get excited for unless it deviates in a more creative direction at some early point.
Old 2012-11-16, 16:12   Link #89
Mentar
Banned

It's definitely one of the better romcoms in existence, primarily due to the strong male and female leads (talking about Masuzu here, not the childhood friend). Are you just a pitiful troll, or why are you dissing an entire genre without having the faintest bit of a clue?

Seriously, some people... why don't you watch some Pokemon and leave us alone?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 16:41   Link #90
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
It's definitely one of the better romcoms in existence, primarily due to the strong male and female leads (talking about Masuzu here, not the childhood friend). Are you just a pitiful troll, or why are you dissing an entire genre without having the faintest bit of a clue?

It's not dissing the entire romcom genre , it's dissing the premise of guy not interested in love meets beautiful girl and also has a childhood friend in love with him.There's other ways to do romcoms. This way sounds like its been done plenty of times before.

Though personally I don't really care how "generic" something is as song as it's done well so I'll just wait and see.
Old 2012-11-16, 16:44   Link #91
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Are you just a pitiful troll, or why are you dissing an entire genre without having the faintest bit of a clue?
He's dissing an entire genre because there have been like a hundred or so of these kind of shows over the past five-six years.
If the premise doesn't immediately manage to differentiate the work from every single other romcom out there, why would you expect anyone to be excited about it?
If he's anything like me, he avoids romcoms not because he dislikes romcoms themselves, but rather because of how cookie-cutter they have become, and because of how light novels (which used to be more along the lines of escapist fantasy) have been inextricably associated with them for one reason or another.
Of course execution is what matters more than anything and even a weak premise and generic scenario can become something interesting in the hands of a capable writer, but you can hardly blame a person for looking at this series and noticing the extremely long title (even starting with "Ore no"!), love triangle, dull-sounding brownhair protagonist, and considering it anathema.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2012-11-16 at 19:06.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 19:04   Link #92
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

I blame the way the synopsis was written for this.

Spoiler for probably not a spoiler, but tagged just in case:
Old 2012-11-16, 20:59   Link #93
Mentar
Banned

Sorry guys, but this is patently stupid, if you will excuse my French.

Rant mode on

It's getting annoying on several anime blogs who are disrespectfully dissing 90% of the anime coming out today in their venomous echo chamber, where I wonder why the hell they're doing it. They have NO CLUE about the material in itself, but they still feel not only to denigrate the works anyway, because their taste in anime is so superior. Then again, it's your own fault to go to these blog cesspools, just avoid them.

BUT. I'd really appreciate if people could stop spewing ignorant crap on popular anime forums like AS. I really want to keep this kind of mental pollution to a minimum here. So seriously folks, either get a clue about what you're writing BEFORE you barf on AS, or leave to greener pastures, thank you very much. The blog cesspools I mentioned can house a lot more toads.

Rant mode off

As one of the guys who has actually followed the light novels and the mangas of OreShura, I can say that the twist behind this show is pretty interesting. Both the male lead and the female lead _genuinely_ abhor romance. It's not just them being tsundere about it, they both hate it for understandable reasons, just like there's a good reason why they (pretend to) date anyway. Watching them very gradually change their minds is pretty entertaining to me. Whoever manages to supply me with a good romcom based on the same setup with the same strengths (excellent interesting characters and good interaction) wins a cookie. And whoever dislikes the romcom genre in itself is wrong here to begin with and should please relocate. It's as stupid as walking into Gundam forums and complaining why there's always mecha battles.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 21:18   Link #94
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
I honestly expect it to be a horrible piece of trash, judging from the premise alone. Of course I could be wrong, but a story that starts with such abhorrent cliches isn't something I can get excited for unless it deviates in a more creative direction at some early point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
It's not dissing the entire romcom genre , it's dissing the premise of guy not interested in love meets beautiful girl and also has a childhood friend in love with him.There's other ways to do romcoms. This way sounds like its been done plenty of times before.

Though personally I don't really care how "generic" something is as song as it's done well so I'll just wait and see.
Uhh.. since that isn't the actual plot I think the criticism is a bit off.

Remember that previews are all lies.

The real plot is this:
Spoiler for The plot:

I found it above average, but probably not enough to hold my attention.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 21:57   Link #95
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
So seriously folks, either get a clue about what you're writing BEFORE you barf on AS, or leave to greener pastures, thank you very much. The blog cesspools I mentioned can house a lot more toads.
You know what a summary is for? To reel in potential viewers. I'm one of those potential viewers, so after reading that official summary, I felt I had to give my own input.

I admit that my expectations were off. And yes, my "criticism" was trollish and could have been a lot more eloquent. But you're essentially telling me that I'm obligated to read the source material before having expectations about this anime, which is ridiculous. I'm not going to skim through the novel for your sake, because when I start reading a book or manga, I read it with the intent of finishing it. If the creators pitched a misleading summary, then you can blame them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
The real plot is this:
Spoiler for The plot:
Thanks for the info. I feel even less interested in this anime now that I know what the plot is really like. I despise how the MC lets himself be manipulated and exploited by a horrible, disgusting woman. I despise how this nightmarish predicament will probably be played off for laughs, like we're just supposed to "accept" the MC's pathetic defeat, humiliation, and demoralization and treat it as an fact of life.
Old 2012-11-16, 22:32   Link #96
leokiko

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I feel even less interested in this anime now that I know what the plot is really like. I despise how the MC lets himself be manipulated and exploited by a horrible, disgusting woman. I despise how this nightmarish predicament will probably be played off for laughs, like we're just supposed to "accept" the MC's pathetic defeat, humiliation, and demoralization and treat it as an fact of life.
I read the preview as well and...isn't that exactly what he wants? You know, no romance.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 00:12   Link #97
Insane
Banned

Quote:
That means Toradora and ZnT are out of question for you

Perhaps you just hate how this series turned out to be your usual harem romcom cliche with generic MC get surrounded by a bunch of women out of thin air?
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 00:28   Link #98
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It reminds me of people who diss Oreimo because it "sounds like an incest anime".
Wizards, prophets and time travelers, I tell you.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 01:41   Link #99
larethian

Quote:
You know what a summary is for? To reel in potential viewers. I'm one of those potential viewers, so after reading that official summary, I felt I had to give my own input.

I admit that my expectations were off. And yes, my "criticism" was trollish and could have been a lot more eloquent. But you're essentially telling me that I'm obligated to read the source material before having expectations about this anime, which is ridiculous. I'm not going to skim through the novel for your sake, because when I start reading a book or manga, I read it with the intent of finishing it. If the creators pitched a misleading summary, then you can blame them.

*raise eyebrow at your 'know-all' seer ability*

Tempester, I for one, don't really like to read love comedies and harem stories, except for a select few. I never thought of picking up OreShura until I heard that it had sold over a 100,000 copies in just 5 to 6 months with 2 volumes, 2 drama CDs in the works, and 3 manga serializations. That's a top-notch performance for a novel serialization that only had 2 volumes (then) and is of a love comedy + harem genre (which pretty much makes up over 50% of light novels these days). I gave it a try and it entered my regular reading list. People who know me know that love comedies (especially those with harems) made up less than 20% of my regular reading list. I have dropped many after volume 1 (OniAi, Mayo Chiki, IS, and a bunch of other MF Bunko titles which I'm not going to try to remember). Note that I'm not advocating that this is really a great series, or it has outstanding writing, unique characters, a great plot, all of which can be subjective (Just that it happens to fit some of my eccentric reading requirements and touch on things that I'm personally interested in). But I'm just sharing my experience here.

There are series which one has to get into to really know what it's like, and there are series which one can form judgments and expectations from summaries and reviews alone. This is one of the former types for me personally. As for you, I have no idea which type would it be and it's for you to decide. While it's perfectly fine for you to start making judgments at such an early stage, whether they are ill-formed or not, I'm sure most of us will appreciate it if you can keep the more extreme ones, which are not backed by intimate knowledge of the content, to yourself.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 02:58   Link #100
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

See, that actual premise is a lot better. Why they couldn't sell that instead of the generic one I don't know.
That said, I can still see the anime being significantly worse than the source material. Any story reliant on subtlety usually is.
But what the hell, I'll give it a shot. I need to stop being so bitter about things anyway.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2012-11-17 at 03:42.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, coming of age, harem, romance, school life, shounen