AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-01-30, 19:24   Link #1
Miguel Ayman

Location: I'm in Heaven with Nicol, Rusty, Rau, Tolle, Natarle, Flay, Aisha, Shani, Orga, and Clotho
Send a message via AIM to Miguel Ayman Send a message via MSN to Miguel Ayman
Underrated Gundam Characters (From any and all universes)

Well I was just wondering what you all of your thoughts on who are some of the underrated Gundam Characters of ...U.C., A.U., and C.E.?
Miguel Ayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 20:05   Link #2
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Doan from Mobile Suit Gundam.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 23:27   Link #3
yuchan

I think andy the desert tiger was underated, he wasn't really used much in destiny when he could've been. But the AA did have the god of gundams on their side.
yuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 23:48   Link #4
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Heine...poor Heine. Then Shiho. What's the use of a cameo when she doesn't even SAY something?

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 00:30   Link #5
Knightmare213

How about Miguel from SEED? Heard that he was an ace but got owned single-handedly by Kira in his Sword Strike.

As well as Heine, as Eidolon mentioned. He was an ace as well but got killed too easily because he just lost his temper in a really short time.

Seriously, does the word "ace" mean anything in CE?
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 00:36   Link #6
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Oliver (Victory)...Had a squad full of hawt chicks that all loved him...But he had that jungle fever and choose the beautiful Marvet...Too bad he was the Baba of the UC ...
Old 2006-01-31, 00:36   Link #7
shaolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213
How about Miguel from SEED? Heard that he was an ace but got owned single-handedly by Kira in his Sword Strike.

As well as Heine, as Eidolon mentioned. He was an ace as well but got killed too easily because he just lost his temper in a really short time.

Seriously, does the word "ace" mean anything in CE?
In think it means ace cannon folder.
shaolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 00:40   Link #8
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolo
In think it means ace cannon folder.
Ace Cannon Fodder? Meh...stupidest idea I've ever heard/saw of before Strike Freedom made its first ownage entry.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 02:17   Link #9
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Let's see...quite a few pilots from each Gundam universe really...

Ramba Ral
The Black Tri-Stars
Norris Packard
Bernard Wiseman
Johnny Ridden
Shin Matsunaga
Yuu Kajima
Apolly
Roberto

Emma Sheen (so many "favorites" lists I see always seem to have JUST the male pilots on them without any mention of female pilots)

Haman Karn (same)
Elpio Pie/Pie Two (same)
Cima Garahau (same)
Paptimus Scirocco (a lot of people see him as just a bad guy destined to die)

I could just keep listing them, but these are a few who I think deserve more credit for their piloting skills in a general sense.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 02:22   Link #10
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213

I think Miguel got his Orange Ginn destroyed before using a green one. Says here: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/see...017-miguel.htm. So being owned by Kira wasn't his first time, and wasn't it that Miguel got 2 Ginn's destroyed/taken out by Kira? poor Miguel....

Can I say Rusty was over rated? He lost a gunfight lol, how can he survive a MS fight Miguel should've had his red coat

And I think Heine was seriously under rated. I mean, guy had more experience than Athrun, even Athrun admitted to that. And yet, his first sortie on a state of the art ship was his last....maybe he should've stayed on a Nazca ....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 02:31   Link #11
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

In terms of the Minerva...we all know all the uncanny (more like ripped off XD) resemblences CE stuff has to UC stuff...I finally remember where the Minerva look came from...the Blanc Rival from Mobile Suit Gundam: Lost War Chronicles (I Think that's what it was in).

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/ride/pegasus.htm
Old 2006-01-31, 05:20   Link #12
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

The only resemblence I see are the wings...and we know to fly in the atmosphere it would usually require wings or a mass amount of thrust lifters
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 06:00   Link #13
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

So why has no-one mentioned the badass that is Neuman yet?

DO THE BARREL ROLL!
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 08:38   Link #14
Optimaximal

Neuman is WAY over rated...
All he does is fly the Archangel and apologise when a life saving barrel roll manuver results in the contents of the hot spring seeping into the captains quarters...
Has he honestly DONE anything else apart from evade things when prompted to evade them?
Optimaximal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 17:06   Link #15
Android raptor

Ghinius! It really pisses me off when someone calls him a "standard raving loon" because I think he's one of the most complicated characters in 08th! Also Yuri Kerane; really good character, Ghinius's pimp...er...superior. And Kishiria Zabi, she's really cool!
Android raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 17:19   Link #16
monster

Mineva Zabi (or whoever she was) from ZZ. She could've been so much more, but instead people like Haman and Glemy had to ruin a perfect plan for the rebirth of Zeon (Granted it was their plan, but it still sucks). And in contrast, Judau is overrated, if Haman would just stop with her obsession with him, things could've turn out differently.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 21:26   Link #17
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Otto from Gundam Wing.

How was Norris underated? We see him do a great deal of butt kicking throughout the series and are given a very good sense of his skills, vision and ambitions.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 01:13   Link #18
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Yeah, but if you ask some random Gundam fan about him, chances are, they won't know who the heck he is (even if they watched 08th MS Team).

And others who do know about him (around here) don't think he's that good just because he lost against Shiro...idiots...u_u anyone with a brain knows that Norris could've whooped Shiro easily.
Old 2006-02-01, 01:24   Link #19
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Hmm...I'd say cagalli is underrated. People don't give her enough credit for running a country at 18 years old.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 01:43   Link #20
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I'd give her credit for it if and when she actually manages to run it into something other than the ground, especially since, prior to the end of GSD, she had no real power over the country. All she did was stand out there as a representitive and do what the Emirs told her to.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote