AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-01-25, 20:38   Link #24261
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
well....thats the Duel OP pose which i posted way back before also....

1) HG will not extinct. in fact it will be more

2) 1/100 scale wld be focus on MG

3) new grade wld be Mega Size & RG

Last edited by duotiga; 2012-01-25 at 21:06.
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 20:51   Link #24262
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
I think that's more than enough examples. =P But what he's more referring to is the actual kits themselves. They're losing complexity and quality.

Evidence.

MG Age 1 Normal

Looks more like an HG kit. Anyway, they're definitely scaling back and cost cutting left & right.
Yes, I noticed that too, but seems it doesn't need complexity at all. It's as anime accurate as I can see. It actually helps it in a way since Age series' market are kids, somewhat, but they denied it and said that it's meant for everyone. The overall build for it won't be as complicated like the usual. Also for me, the separation of the knee and elbow joints is good since I will have no worries in painting them unlike before.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 20:52   Link #24263
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

I think the reason RG releases are so slow right now is because Bandai is still testing the waters. IIRC, the Master Grade line started slow with only a few releases a year before it really started to pick up.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 20:58   Link #24264
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
I think that's more than enough examples. =P But what he's more referring to is the actual kits themselves. They're losing complexity and quality.

Evidence.

MG Age 1 Normal

Looks more like an HG kit. Anyway, they're definitely scaling back and cost cutting left & right.
You can't really say the MG AGE-1 looks like a HG kit when it clearly does not.

From a more technical view point it can be considered more HG-esque with how it's put together but like MakubeX2 said if it looks good enough then that should fine cause I don't see models losing any articulation.

I think some slight degrading from build complexity but not actual quality(as the molds and plastic used for MGs has been pretty damn good now, hard to lose quality of the molds and plastic, unless they really do want to skim there but I don't see that being the case)
for what still very much look like MGs and are cheaper on the whole, I'm perfectly fine with it.

Quality of plastic has improved greatly over the years, you don't go back to old ways in this case, not even if it means saving money cause then no one would buy em.
Old 2012-01-25, 23:29   Link #24265
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Evidence.

MG Age 1 Normal

This I very much disagree with. It hardly looks like an HG kit at all, just from the external details alone, and poseability and actual built quality is on par with many recent MG's.

The build complexity seems to be simplified, but given we don't yet have the manuals and parts breakdown to judge that I'll withhold from further assessing that point until the kit's release. My impression however is that the MG AGE-1 looks to be about similar overall to many of the simpler MG kits like the MG GM or any other grunt MG's. Afterall, in terms of actual mechanical gimmicks the AGE-1 is quite bare bones - hell, even the RX-78-2 is a bit more complex due only to the Core Fighter. However, it definitely isn't to the same level as an HG kit, nor does it even look like one.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 01:27   Link #24266
pumpkins

looks like the Farsia will be getting a HG release!

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/0...al-images.html
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 02:34   Link #24267
maknaedik

I already decided to buy Zeidora and contemplating whether I'll buy Genoace II, because I don't have Genoace custom, or Age-2 DB. But I guess I'll be buying Zeidora and Farsia now )))))))

Old 2012-01-26, 03:33   Link #24268
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post

Sweet! I was really hoping it'd make it into model kit form. Going by its price, though, it probably doesn't come with its flower funnels. Sigh.

EDIT: Speaking of RG kits - how are RG kits in general? Thinking of picking up the Freedom. Given their small size, is loose parts a problem for RG models?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 03:49   Link #24269
HasuMasu
*Artist

So the G-Bouncer has a...[GN Wolf-Blade]?

For me, AGE kits exist so I can worship their box-art.
Old 2012-01-26, 03:51   Link #24270
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post

EDIT: Speaking of RG kits - how are RG kits in general? Thinking of picking up the Freedom. Given their small size, is loose parts a problem for RG models?
done fixing rg aile strike, zaku II mass production & freedom.

main issue wld be the hand manipulator but latest 1 wld have the fixed manipulator to resolve the issue. but overall quite a stable kit
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 04:23   Link #24271
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Well after months of lurking I finally registered to comment on something. (though by the time I did somebody beat me to it. )

Quote:
I was expecting like a full inner frame and at least LED's to light up the A in the chest.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
You can't really say the MG AGE-1 looks like a HG kit when it clearly does not.

From a more technical view point it can be considered more HG-esque with how it's put together but like MakubeX2 said if it looks good enough then that should fine cause I don't see models losing any articulation.
The only HG-Esque thing I see about the AGe1-MG is that the inner frame might have to be taken unpegged near some joints to remove the armor pieces.
Even though that can be see as "cheap" It will not affect the model itself that much, outer detail on pieces is what matters. How many parts it is made out of is less relevant for a MS as vanilla as the AGE1; the frame itself is a full frame from what we know so far.
And honestly if this measure keeps the level of detail, keeps costs in check and improves profit margins for Bandai everybody wins.

General inflation combined with the global recession and Eurocrisis have put Gunpla prices under strain for importers; but we aren't the major target for Bandai at all; That will always be Asia.
Oil prices also matter a lot.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 05:25   Link #24272
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post

Non-Gundan MS, in any shades of red, with a female pilot? Sure, one more gunpla queued for April.

@bio9205 To add, only the Zaku Mass Production and the Freedom have the dedicated rifle hand, although Bandai will be including extra ones for the Sword and Launcher packs in the RG Skygrasper.
Old 2012-01-26, 07:07   Link #24273
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Lineart for MG Aegis, MG Buster and MG Blitz:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 07:42   Link #24274
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Non-Gundan MS, in any shades of red, with a female pilot? Sure, one more gunpla queued for April.

@bio9205 To add, only the Zaku Mass Production and the Freedom have the dedicated rifle hand, although Bandai will be including extra ones for the Sword and Launcher packs in the RG Skygrasper.
You like non-gundam MS in any shades of red? *I approve*

My observations regarding the lineart for MG Aegis:

- Small thrusters for the humungous side skirts.
- It will have the circular type of joints for the hips, just like 00 family. It can split <3
- A somewhat circular whatsoever found in the torso. Maybe that will be used as a joint for the transformation. Maybe they also did that to match-up the joints for the hips. Remember that Aegis' legs and arms must look the same as possible when it's in MA armor mode.
- Looks like it will have knee armors (i'm sorry for being mr.obvious here).
- I think the shoulders were bigger this time. Maybe to match the size of the legs? I'm not sure though.

I'm not disappointed or whatsoever with the changes for as long as it will look better and will make the kit MGish.

Last edited by maknaedik; 2012-01-26 at 07:58.
Old 2012-01-26, 07:46   Link #24275
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
I'm not sure, but that Aegis looks a bit different. I mean, does it have any small changes compared to its anime version? Well, that's given for as long as it can pull-off its transformation very well
I agree. Something about it looks off for some reason... It seems less bulky. Could it be the way the sideskirts are positioned?

Nevertheless, still excited for the release of these kits!
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 08:01   Link #24276
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
I agree. Something about it looks off for some reason... It seems less bulky. Could it be the way the sideskirts are positioned?

Nevertheless, still excited for the release of these kits!
I think so too. The side skirts seems odd. It looks small here. But I'll still wait for its release to see if it really did.

Old 2012-01-26, 08:07   Link #24277
casval cehack

Quote:
You like non-gundam MS in any shades of red? *I approve*
That and the MS must absolutely have a female pilot e.g Quess' Jadg Doga, Lunamaria's Gunner Zaku and Soma's Tieren Taozi. That's why Bandai needs to update the old Gerbera Tetra model.
Old 2012-01-26, 08:44   Link #24278
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wow, the Aegis got a lot of attention here ^_^. As for me, I’m more into Blitz. I really like the design of its head now since the 1/100’s head is pretty much heavy on its bumpy forehead-camera. The MG’s head looks sleeker now. I can’t really tell the difference between the bodies though, but I’m sure the limbs action will be much-much better than 1/100.

After done with with GAT-X series, I hope next year or two they'll do MG Blu Duel & Verde Buster. Strike Noir is very lonely right now.
Old 2012-01-26, 08:52   Link #24279
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
That and the MS must absolutely have a female pilot e.g Quess' Jadg Doga, Lunamaria's Gunner Zaku and Soma's Tieren Taozi. That's why Bandai needs to update the old Gerbera Tetra model.
I AGREE and make a master grade too

@Obelisk ze Tormentor
I want an MG Nebular Blitz actually.

Old 2012-01-26, 10:03   Link #24280
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
@Obelisk ze Tormentor
I want an MG Nebular Blitz actually.
So you don't want the original MG Blitz? Nebular Blitz is fancy and all but I think the armaments is a little bit overkill. Not that I don't want it being MGed.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy