AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-23, 04:28   Link #21
fireportgas

Sth came to my mind!Has Jimbei eaten a DF??Cos if not how come he couldn't break the chains that holding him from the beginning,he's a shichibukai after all!Before he got hurt real bad i mean!
Old 2009-01-23, 08:08   Link #22
kari-no-sugata

Full raw is out. The first half with Jinbei, Ace and Crocodile was very serious and gives an even stronger sense of foreboding for the future. The second half with Luffy, Buggy and Mr 3 was surprisingly wacky I'd speculated before about Luffy taking a "short cut" to lower floors by bashing his way through - didn't expect a monster to do it for him, heh.

PS I wonder if the Level 2 prisoners will figure out the Level 2 boss is out of the frame and decide to escape?
Old 2009-01-23, 11:21   Link #23
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

wow i seriously like all the monster design down in lvl 2! the descriptions are all correct and fit the mythical creatures but it turn out to be so wacky!!
seems like a lot of prisoners down in lvl 5 hate whitebeard and can't wait to kill him themselves. even if luffy bust them all out, there will be lots of confusion down there

mr3 and buggy are hilarious as usual. jailbreak league, lol. i wonder who else will join this league
Old 2009-01-23, 12:16   Link #24
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Still there are alot of old enemys luffy has down there, and I get the feeling that Luffy will be caught in level 4-5 and just as he and Ace are about to get executed, either Shanks, Whitebeared, Dragon, Luffy´s crew, or Hancock will save them.
Old 2009-01-23, 13:30   Link #25
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Roflmao @ the monsters.

Keys! Beef Steak! Strawberry Panties!!! Noodles!!! ROflmao. Priceless.
Old 2009-01-23, 13:40   Link #26
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Roflmao @ the monsters.

What was that all about?
Old 2009-01-23, 13:51   Link #27
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Luffy playing together with the sphinx made my day. It seems to be as dumb as Richie. I wonder if it will find a play-thing/mate at the 3rd level. Well, at least I hope they will find Bonchan at the 3rd level, assuming that they will include one more temporary nakama at each level.
Old 2009-01-23, 13:54   Link #28
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

I let out a strangled choking noise and started jumping up and down as soon as that familiar hook appeared. CROCODILE-SAMA SHOW US YOUR FACE <3333
Old 2009-01-23, 13:59   Link #29
Slayerx

Quote:
mr3 and buggy are hilarious as usual. jailbreak league, lol. i wonder who else will join this league
I'm noticing a running gag... pick up a new member, try to ditch Luffy after promising to help him get lower, and then wind up falling to the next floor with him... those who wish to use Luffy to escape will all find their way to level 5 =p

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
i'm pretty sure it's more of white beards claim prevented other pirates from acting up at fishman island then the WG being a problem.
A Deal like Boa's deal with the WG to maintain a antomous nation which protects them from the WG would not help as it's the pirates that travel through that are the issue.

If white beards gone then the claim of protection that White beard has will be gone and the random pirates that travel through will be dangerous once again.

The WG protection is not a viable solution due to the slavery attitude the Teryubito have towards there race and the servant attitudes the WG/marines have towards them.
True, looking at the chapter it's a combination of both the world gov't and the pirates

though, i do still feel as though there is a way out for Jimbei.... he could claim the territory as his own and pretty much station himself there... With him there, much like croc in alabasta, the marines would have little reason to chase after pirates themselves as Jimbei will be delaing with them. As for the pirates themselves, few would dare to challenge Jimbei and he could crush them himself... As for the slave hunters, thanks to the fact that Jimbei is still a pirate, the world gov't's tolerance of their existence, the thing that keeps the marines from dealing with them, will not protect them from Jimbei (the nobles like slaves so the marines don't bust the slave traders, but at the same time the gov't distances themselves in such a way that the marines themselves are not sent after slaves).... If Jimbei's got himself a crew, they can take care of the small fry's while he takes care of anyone that could put up a fight

Grant it though... it's not just about mermaid island's protection... Jimbei apparently cares about all the islands that Whitebeard has under his protection, and the feeling that he owes Whitebeard a great debt... kinda of a tight position he's been put in

If he helps, Whitebeard's defeat becomes more likely... if he doesn't help, Whitebeard has a better chance to survive, but it's not certain and Jimbei also looses any chance he has of protecting his island himself should whitebeard fall
Old 2009-01-23, 14:03   Link #30
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
After Crocodile tried to kill him? Would be really stupid of him if you ask me.
It would be hard to understand what Mr 3 may be thinking. The reason he hid himself was because he was aware of his mistake. If he has to compare whom he would trust to help him free, he may consider Crocodile as the better option, compared to someone he doesn't even trust. Sure, that may backfire, but, if he has any plans to serve under Crocodile once more he would want to use this chance. He may think what he is gonna lose at the end.

Lastly, I don't know why but I cannot help think that, if there is something called as good nature hidden within Crocodile, that may also appear to do one thing before he dies, which may help Luffy and the others directly or indirectly.
Old 2009-01-23, 14:05   Link #31
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
What was that all about?
THe monsters are made of human parts so they imitate whatever they hear. So while they chase Luffy, Buggy, and Mr. 3, they're yelling "Keys! Give us the Keys" and then one of them yells "Beef Steak!" to which Luffy turns around lol. Then randomly another one yells "Strawberry Panties!!"
Old 2009-01-23, 14:06   Link #32
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Roflmao @ the monsters.

lol yea that bit was priceless, totally out of no where but somehow you expect something like that to happen

Oda still manages to keep up a absolutely brilliant balance of comedy in OP as always

well seems Jimbei's "miracle" chance to escape could very well rest with someone you wouldn't expect but at the same time you would think would do something as totally crazy as this.
Old 2009-01-23, 14:10   Link #33
Captain Roronoa Zoro

wow jimbei and ace fought=O must of been a good fight even tho i dont know jimbei's powers but, we can assume he is around the same strength as ace i guess since they were talking like they both took a beating.

has luffy had one of those fights where he fights a strong but idk errr good person i wuld like to see one of those which will probaly happen since there are ppl like shanks who also wants to be the pirate king (atleast i think he does) and he would proll have to fight him. Tht wuld be a interesting fight
Old 2009-01-23, 14:16   Link #34
Freya

Well it's a given Jimbei if given the chance will help Luffy out.
Old 2009-01-23, 14:21   Link #35
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Speaking of that, I can't help but think that if (when) Whitebeard bites the dust, Luffy will be the "guardian" of merpeople in his place. I mean, we've already seen him defend Hachi and Camie at Sabaody, and he ended up becoming an enemy of the World Nobles in the process. Therefore, I wouldn't find it farfetched if he decided to protect the entire race from the dirty hands of the government in the future......
Not now; when he becomes priate king, maybe.

I don't find it's weird if Luffy does so, but it simply doesn't work out. WB can do it because people know WB will come to punish them if they cause trouble, and they think they have zero chance to win a fight against WB.

Luffy is still a rookie both in reputation and in power level. Too many people wouldn't give a damn to whatever he says.
Old 2009-01-23, 14:29   Link #36
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Not now; when he becomes priate king, maybe.

I don't find it's weird if Luffy does so, but it simply doesn't work out. WB can do it because people know WB will come to punish them if they cause trouble, and they think they have zero chance to win a fight against WB.

Luffy is still a rookie both in reputation and in power level. Too many people wouldn't give a damn to whatever he says.
And the fact that there are TONS of people in the New World who could easily dispatch Luffy right now.
Old 2009-01-23, 15:20   Link #37
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
It's really funny how Buggy and Mr.3 actually want to go up, but still happen to go together with Luffy.

One thing I don't get though: If Fishman Island is offically Whitebeard's territory, why did the WG needed Ace as bait to make war on him? Couldn't they have just attacked/occupied the island to make WB act?
Ace>territory.
Old 2009-01-23, 15:32   Link #38
ZeroForever

simple cause when in war/battle it's far easier to defend then it is to attack a area and maintain a force.

If they occupied a area, white beard would probably act but unlike this scenerio where there are really only like 2 choices to attack for results (allowing the WG to consolidate there forces), if they occupy a area there's no dead line or rush to act on WB's part so he could just strike whenever there forces are weakest.

That and WB is down 2 commanders (ace and 5th fleet one killed by BB) at the moment so his forces are probably the weakest they have been in a long time.
Old 2009-01-23, 15:37   Link #39
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

BEEF STEAK!
STRAWBERY PANTIES!
FUNDOSHI FUNDOSHI!

WHERE DID THEY LEARN WORDS LIKE THAT?!

Total Win!
Thats why One Piece is the greatest manga ever!
Old 2009-01-23, 16:25   Link #40
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Sand Croc!

I would love to see Luffy use his Haki to defeat a logia user, and what better opportunity then to beat the hell out of Croc again!

I could just imagine Croc's face when Luffy uses haki/gears against him.

Of course the chances of this happening are slim to none I imagine. Unless Croc gets freed somehow and immediately attacks Luffy when he spots him.
Closed Thread