4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.21%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.21%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.21%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 1.71%
Voters: 467. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-23, 17:53   Link #1741
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
it still makes very little sense
"yes thats the answer,how did we not see this before"
"zero has magic powers"
Wow it's been almost a week and people still haven't seen the episode?

Everything Schenzeil threw at them they doubted.

It went to the point that even if it was true that Lelouch had a mind controlling power, they stated that they don't see what the problem was since he's on their side.

It's only when Ougi for god knows what comes in and breaks down that they follow suit. When Kanon passes onto Toudo the documents of suspected geassed victims then everything else made sense (eg. So that's why Gao Hai's attitude changed....).

The Geass and lineage was NOT the issue.

The issue at hand was that Lelouch also used his geass against them for his own gains (Such as the massacre which was the main breaking point).

Besides have you guys even thought about the stupidty it'd be to even TALK with Lelouch now that they know he has Geass? (From their POV)
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 17:53   Link #1742
kamuinoyume
OMAE WO SHINJIRU!

This episode really bugged me, well OK the OOBK really bug me, I mean great job selling the person who's done so much fore you guys, I wonder what will they do now that they've got now one to lead them, I mean Toudo is good yeah but if it weren't fore Lelouch they'd still be in Tokyo trying to steal bombs from the Britannia's and doing terrorist acts and Toudo would have been long since killed by Cornelia and her squad, bunch of ungrateful little bastards.
I liked Rollo's last moments; they actually made him an agreeable character in the end.
Old 2008-08-23, 17:55   Link #1743
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
The smart thing would've been to hold ONTO Lelouch (isolate him in his room) and have Schenzeil meet their demands FIRST before discussing anything further.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 18:55   Link #1744
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
The smart thing would've been to hold ONTO Lelouch (isolate him in his room) and have Schenzeil meet their demands FIRST before discussing anything further.
But they're weren't smart enough to do that. Now they're screwed.
Old 2008-08-23, 19:11   Link #1745
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamuinoyume View Post
This episode really bugged me, well OK the OOBK really bug me, I mean great job selling the person who's done so much fore you guys, I wonder what will they do now that they've got now one to lead them, I mean Toudo is good yeah but if it weren't fore Lelouch they'd still be in Tokyo trying to steal bombs from the Britannia's and doing terrorist acts and Toudo would have been long since killed by Cornelia and her squad, bunch of ungrateful little bastards.
I liked Rollo's last moments; they actually made him an agreeable character in the end.
Im assuming that now they dont need a leader anymore since im guessing by them handing over zero that they got Schniezel to agree to their demands
Old 2008-08-23, 19:15   Link #1746
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

They didn't hand him over, though. They tried to kill him and failed miserably. However, Schneizel did only want them to betray Zero, so he might fulfill his side of the bargain.
Old 2008-08-23, 19:32   Link #1747
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

They weren't trying to kill him... they were planning on fixing him up later with that awesome Britannian medicine Mao used. :P
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 20:04   Link #1748
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
They weren't trying to kill him... they were planning on fixing him up later with that awesome Britannian medicine Mao used. :P
Mao was just plot hole. He gets shot 10000 times and lives thanks to "britannian medicine", and yet Euphy gets shot ONCE and that same britannian medicine that saved Mao didn't save her...
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 20:05   Link #1749
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Mao was just plot hole. He gets shot 10000 times and lives thanks to "britannian medicine", and yet Euphy gets shot ONCE and that same britannian medicine that saved Mao didn't save her...
Euphie got shot in the chest, Mao just got shot at. Lelouch's order was not to kill, but to shoot.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 20:06   Link #1750
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Euphie got shot in the chest, Mao just got shot at. Lelouch's order was not to kill, but to shoot.
point was he was shot a LOT of times, which means more blood loss, more chances of death.
Old 2008-08-23, 20:07   Link #1751
Var
Banned

Quote:
point was he was shot a LOT of times, which means more blood loss, more chances of death.
Fair enough, but seeing as how they were police. Once the Geass wears off and they see a very bullet ridden Mao, they'd likely rush him to a hospital. My point is that its not impossible for him to survive. If you are looking for a Mao plot hole, its in the whole wanting to be loved nonsense of C.C. second wish.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 20:08   Link #1752
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Fair enough, but seeing as how they were police. Once the Geass wears off and they see a very bullet ridden Mao, they'd likely rush him to a hospital. My point is that its not impossible for him to survive. If you are looking for a Mao plot hole, its in the whole wanting to be loved nonsense of C.C. second wish.
fair enough, police rushing him to the hospital seems very plausible. Besides, 50 Cent was shot 8 times and lived

Last edited by Revolutionist; 2008-08-23 at 20:13. Reason: incomplete
Old 2008-08-23, 20:43   Link #1753
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
"Britannian medicine" is a good enough excuse, I think, seeing that if we equate to the Roman our-world calendar the Geass world is effectively in the 2050s.

Either way, Mao really shouldn't have returned. It cheapened the plot and took one entire extra episode just to worm in Suzaku's past when there are probably much better ways.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 21:53   Link #1754
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Quote:
I think Mao was a bit skinny for almost all the bullets to miss him. Perhaps even thinner than Euphemia but Zero shot her at point-blank range.

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 22:11   Link #1755
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Ugh...

Mao, seeing as the police was Geassed into shooting him, not killing him, was only hit in non-vital areas. Lelouch, contrasting, shot Euphemia in or around the heart with intent to kill. And no medicine was ever used because it was too late for her.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 22:38   Link #1756
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
Im assuming that now they dont need a leader anymore since im guessing by them handing over zero that they got Schniezel to agree to their demands
They still do need a leader... the black knights may have got japan back but they must remember the situation they are in, they are no longer the rebel army trying to free japan, but the army that represents every country that does not what to become part of Britanian; they are the army that fights the tyranny caused by the ever expanding britanian empire... they may no longer have zero as their leader but that have inherited what he has started... can't exactly just run away from such a responsibility; to do so would result in the rest of the world getting screwed over and japan probably being reconquered some time down the line; only way they can rest is to force Britania into a peace treaty that halts it's expansion and thus protecting everyone who is currently not under their rule... their pretty much stuck continuing the fight

As for who will lead them, it pretty much falls on to Ohgi as he has always been zero's second in command. Ofcourse unlike Zero, he will likely not be a lone strategist... he will rely on people like Todou and Xingke to help him strategize against Britania... unfortunatly for him, when he sold out zero he also sold out his way to leave the black knights behind for a normal life; as the second in command and now offical leader he can't really abandon the lack knights in such a desperate time... he could have left before if deidhart did not stop him as the black knights were stable, but now they need all the leadership they can get to hold themselves together and keep the world safe; loosing Ohgi now would probably have them slowly falling apart
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 22:43   Link #1757
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Ougi? Are you serious? Last I recall, Xing-ke was made Lieutenant Commander, and Ougi leading the BKs would spell the total demise of the organization seeing as he could barely properly lead the resistance in the first two episodes of R1. Granted, he and the others got advice, but even he himself admitted that he wasn't cut out for leadership.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 22:47   Link #1758
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Unless the Black Knights decide to ditch the UFN, which would only make disliking them all the more justified, Ohgi's going to be doing the same job he's always been doing, just under Xingke instead of Zero.

On that note, I hope Xingke doesn't take this incident lightly. He needs to cut off some belts like in the good old days to show just how displeased he is with having to reorganize the command structure mid-war.
Old 2008-08-23, 22:48   Link #1759
Dyllani

How awful. The OoBK betrayed Zero. Even worst, they did it on the say so of Britannia's Second Prince. You'd think they'd be some discussion amongst the Order, but it looks like everyone just went along with it. The didn't even give Zero a chance to defend himself. Had they decided to abandon Zero at the beginning of the series, I would have understood it. Yet, it took them, all of five minutes, to realize that Zero was their one true leader and their only hope for a better future. They chose to follow him, and now they abandon him. He gave the power to fight their oppressor, they instead bow to Britannia. I only hope the UN survives. Death is what they deserve. Death at the hand of their new masters.

Oh well, Schniezel is a fair man, I'm sure he'll give the back Japan no strings attached. They can live their lives in peace, no more fighting. Good thing they were deaing with him, instead of Cornelia. She would probably blow them all up rather than compromise...
Dyllani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 22:50   Link #1760
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Ougi? Are you serious? Last I recall, Xing-ke was made Lieutenant Commander, and Ougi leading the BKs would spell the total demise of the organization seeing as he could barely properly lead the resistance in the first two episodes of R1. Granted, he and the others got advice, but even he himself admitted that he wasn't cut out for leadership.
I think he's still the most qualified to keep the UFN together. People trust him because he is just a common man. He speaks for the common man I guess. Having Xing Ke take over as UFN representative would be like giving it over to royalty or a position of nobility or something and other nations might be upset due to favoritism. Again he would have to rely on Todoh and Xing Ke for a lot of things for it to not be a total demise. He may not be much of a leader but he is still a symbol that people can flock to. That is if he is still part of the UFN.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote