AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-02, 10:02   Link #241
BlueDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Unfortunately, one of the characteristic of a Level 5 is the raw firepower they can dish out, it's one of the things that seperates them from other people.
It's one of the things I've been thinking about. Most of the battle espers we've seen involve power output. But not all abilities fall into that area.

Accelerator can create plasma, but that's only an application of his ability. Vector Manipulation has no "power." His strength only correlates with how many calculations he can make.
Teleport... can't be measured.
And there's also that Equal Speed Guy.

Just felt like putting that out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykf566 View Post
Does the type of ability determines whether level 5 is attainable or not?
Considering how there are only 7 level 5's in Academy City, I doubt even the authorities know.

I remembering reading this:
All the electro masters in Academy City are level 3 or below. Misaka Mikoto is a very special case.
Accelerator and #2 are the only holders of their own abilities.

Also, we can assume that most of the level 5's barely worked their way up the ladder, since that's what most people have the impression of.

So it's probably a combination of your genetics and power.
Old 2010-01-02, 10:16   Link #242
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
It's one of the things I've been thinking about. Most of the battle espers we've seen involve power output. But not all abilities fall into that area.

Accelerator can create plasma, but that's only an application of his ability. Vector Manipulation has no "power." His strength only correlates with how many calculations he can make.
Not true, Mikoto's power is to produce electricity, but her Esper level was measured by her Railgun, which is an application of her ability as well. So yes, how your power can be use plays a part.

Quote:
Teleport... can't be measured.
And there's also that Equal Speed Guy.
Teleportation is measured differently from 'projecting' abilities simply because of it's nature (This is taken from Vol 8). Teleporters are graded base on the accuracy of their teleported objects, the range that their teleportation can reach, and the weight that they can teleport.
Old 2010-01-02, 10:19   Link #243
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Spoiler for 5th rank and above:

Well every level 5 has pretty much fire power with them. That's why they usually have special treatment and also special class for them.
Spoiler for a little big problem:
Old 2010-01-02, 15:41   Link #244
tsunade666

Then the test kuroko doing in the field in railgun anime is the test use for teleporter and the test that mikoto do in the swimming pool where she fires her railgun is the test for her.

To put it simple the level 5 have their own test and curriculum to follow if you ask me.

As for if everyone can attain a certain level then NO. Not everyone has the potential with it. Even if they try it so hard. That's what the tree diagram said. Only few can attain a certain level.

Every keep saying that railgun comes from level 1 and they should follow her but the truth is. Mikoto had been scouted already for radio project when she was a little girl but that one got suspended but its been reused for the level 6 project.

And being scouted by the scientist means she is special.

As for touma..... yap his hopeless from the science side and I think a miracle for magic side can cure him. But the memory is destroyed and it can't be retained even if they repair that section of the brain. It will just accumulate new data. Like a reformatted hard drive.
Old 2010-01-02, 15:51   Link #245
BlueDo

Quote:
Not true, Mikoto's power is to produce electricity, but her Esper level was measured by her Railgun, which is an application of her ability as well.

Teleporters are graded base on the accuracy of their teleported objects, the range that their teleportation can reach, and the weight that they can teleport.
Both of these are taken from the beginning of Railgun.
I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Quote:
Teleportation is measured differently from 'projecting' abilities simply because of it's nature (This is taken from Vol 8).
Really? So they really get tested on applications of powers?
Many viewers are under the impression that Academy City has a machine that measures the AIM strength of espers, which then is used to determine level.
Old 2010-01-02, 16:49   Link #246
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

As for touma..... yap his hopeless from the science side and I think a miracle for magic side can cure him. But the memory is destroyed and it can't be retained even if they repair that section of the brain. It will just accumulate new data. Like a reformatted hard drive.
Only a miracle can change the things..... FIAMMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.... Such misfortune, actually he is THE enemy and doesn't look like he is going to help Touma.
BTW Touma doesn't care about his past he only wants to avoid the discovery as much as possible with his new life.
Old 2010-01-02, 16:58   Link #247
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Both of these are taken from the beginning of Railgun.
I'm not sure how accurate that is.
Actually, the beginning of Railgun was in fact taken from the beginning of Index Volume 8

Quote:
Really? So they really get tested on applications of powers?
Many viewers are under the impression that Academy City has a machine that measures the AIM strength of espers, which then is used to determine level.
Well you've seen it in the first episode... To be honest, I myself didn't know anything until I've watched it, but I had guessed they have their own means of grading different abilities.
Old 2010-01-02, 18:25   Link #248
tsunade666

Well I think they should differ it by category. I mean using the same methods with different roots of abilities wouldn't even help their ability to improve if its total opposite for its use.
Old 2010-01-08, 20:11   Link #249
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Should i watch Railgun or at least give it a shot if i absolutely hated To aru majutsu no index?
Old 2010-01-08, 22:40   Link #250
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeDeR View Post
Should i watch Railgun or at least give it a shot if i absolutely hated To aru majutsu no index?
About Railgun, if you like the slice of life, the yuri tone, original anime episodes(a.k.a. fillers) and some action about Mikoto, Kuroko and co, well yeah, go ahead.
Old 2010-01-09, 04:38   Link #251
tsunade666

why do you ABSOLUTELY HATED index to begin with? If it comes to hated I hated railgun due to its random fillers or none sense fanservice.
Old 2010-01-09, 09:05   Link #252
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

let's not talk about opinion on a Q&A thread, shall we?

Also, might as well ask here. What are the objectives of each of the four factions highlighted in volume 15?
Old 2010-01-09, 23:38   Link #253
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Mind if I ask what are the 4 factions...?
Old 2010-01-09, 23:48   Link #254
tsunade666

ITEM
SCHOOL
GROUP

I'm not sure about item and school but they just argue with each other like a daily routine that result on group stopping them.

They also have different order givers. As for ITEM the one who give orders to them usually are the scientist doing dirty jobs and I have no idea for SCHOOL but for the GROUP they are the army of crowley or just his personal lackeys. As for member.......no clue what soever about them but it looks like the kids that are espers are guard of the professor.
Old 2010-01-09, 23:49   Link #255
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

[Item], [School], [Block], and [Member].

ITEM is led by the Number 4 Level 5 Mugino.
SCHOOL is led by the Number 2 Level 5 Kakine.
BLOCK is... Well, wiki says they're "observating of the interaction with organizations outside Academy City"
MEMBER is led by someone who is called the Professor, And I quote, "Aleister Crowley's loyal dog."

EDIT:

Then there's [Group], who as far as I know, serves Aleister directly.
Old 2010-01-09, 23:54   Link #256
tsunade666

oh I didn't notice the group block

but that makes 5 groups that are involve in vol 15

And if member is the loyal dog of member then the group is the one given order to do his dirty doings.

And I notice something while I'm looking at the group who is the cute girl beside kakine?
The item are a group which I can say a group of idol but I didn't think that school would have a cute girl in it too.

EDIT:

btw I just notice but group isn't just a group of espers its a group of magicians ans esper together..... does awaki and accelerator know that tsuchimikado and quatzel are magicians?
Old 2010-01-09, 23:56   Link #257
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

^^ Your last question seems to be refering to BLOCK rather than GROUP.

As with Funya's question, what do ITEM and SCHOOL do? They don't seem to have a purpose other than as fan-clubs or ESPer command platoons.

And is the difference between MEMBER and GROUP just who is the 2nd in command, but otherwise have the same purpose of being Aleister's lackey?
Old 2010-01-10, 00:03   Link #258
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
As with Funya's question, what do ITEM and SCHOOL do? They don't seem to have a purpose other than as fan-clubs or ESPer command platoons.
Seriously, I think that's all there is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
And the difference between MEMBER and GROUP?
I don't know about MEMBER, but if you look at the people in GROUP, you can tell that they're the ones closest to Aleister.

2 of the 4 members actually met the guy, half of them are Magicians, one of them is the only guide to Aleister, and the other is the Strongest Esper which he needs for some reason or another.
Old 2010-01-10, 00:05   Link #259
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeDeR View Post
I'd give it a try. I liked Railgun a whole lot more than Index, even with its "fillers". I don't see them as fillers anyhow. Except Ep 13.
Old 2010-01-10, 00:08   Link #260
tsunade666

no I was referring to the group which is consist of accelartor and awaki both esper and tsuchimikado which is esper and magician plus quatzal which is a magician.

The block are just bunch of side character to me they aren't important at all.
They are just pure observers which should have dealt with by accelerator but it didn't happen.

To much side character o trash character is confusing.

As for professor asking a fight with the no 2 of academy city is suicidal even if kakine shows his anger being just a spare to the plan of Aleister.

As for member and group their is no higher and lower. They do different jobs,

The member just as the leader the professor are just researchers of Aleister. They also do jobs for Aleister but they aren't meant for fighting which is unlike GROUP. Which are meant to deal with the one opposing Aleister's plan.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a