AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

View Poll Results: Madoka Magica - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 294 82.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 10.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 3.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 1.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-10, 12:04   Link #21
Kazu-kun

Madoka is the strongest MG but not the goddess QB promised. Even fighting along with Homura, they barely defeated Walpurgis, and then Madoka became a witch right there.

Yet, just there, QB says witch Madoka will destroy the world....

I don't get it!!
Old 2011-03-10, 12:06   Link #22
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I think it's more lenient than the many years Rika spent going back. I think the cumulative time Homura has had to endure is about one month for about half a year worth of time if we assume she's only gone back the amount of loops shown today.
Nevermind. I don't remember when she was discharged from the hospital. 16th of something or another?
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 12:07   Link #23
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakisobapan
Spoiler:
I haven't watched it yet... but don't tell me:

Spoiler for S;G:

Now I need to watch it soon - (@ work, cannot do it x_X)

PS: I am not surprised Urobuchi has gotten inspirations from Steins;Gate - Steins;Gate is the one of the most successful visual novels ever produced (by Nitro)+.
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 12:09   Link #24
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

That's another thing too. With the ruination of the town and Madoka becoming a witch, we will surely see some part of Japan wiped out by the time Madoka is put out...
I felt Gen carrying his worldview from other works of his over to Madoka come to think of it. Kikokugai being such an example too. I need to go through Steins;Gate ASAP come to think of it.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 12:10   Link #25
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Madoka is the strongest MG but not the goddess QB promised. Even fighting along with Homura, they barely defeated Walpurgis, and then Madoka became a witch right there.

Yet, just there, QB says witch Madoka will destroy the world....

I don't get it!!
Madoka defeated the Walpurgis by herself a few times in the loops but the price was that she burned all her power and turned into a witch herself. So she can do it alone, but no matter what defeating the Walpurgis costs a heavy price.
Old 2011-03-10, 12:11   Link #26
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Tsubasa with Nadeko personality with Kanbaru sexuality turned into Senjoughara.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 12:12   Link #27
Dawnbringerz
性転換団長

Spoiler for Spoiler - When Magical Girls Cry:
Dawnbringerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 12:12   Link #28
Kazu-kun

In the end Homura is really fighting against fate. Everyone is already dead. The only different between Madoka and the other girls is that if Homura let Madoka make the fucking contract, the whole world is screwed.

I called this... and it became real...

shit!!
Old 2011-03-10, 12:14   Link #29
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This episode answered a lot of things, and it does confirm a lot of things we have expected.
Homura's behavior is arguably as expected: jaded but pretty much restraining herself in order to accomplish her objective. And this situation didn't turn like this without circumstances.
Although her predicament wasn't as tedious as Rika, she really got an atrocious advent here and there, and the means she got was perfectly explained in my books.

The pacing and execution of this episode were excellent, and they conveyed quite well Homura's torture across the several loops.

Now the problem is still as follow: what are the real "victory conditions" now? QB being there or not isn't the problem, but obviously the MG/Witch system, and considering how things are in this loop, finding a loophole in that clockwork frame doesn't really seem easy.

Anyway, Homura for one of the best characters of this season.
Old 2011-03-10, 12:17   Link #30
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Madoka defeated the Walpurgis by herself a few times in the loops but the price was that she burned all her power and turned into a witch herself. So she can do it alone, but no matter what defeating the Walpurgis costs a heavy price.
You're right. I got the fights mixed. Although it doesn't change the fact that Madoka is hardly god-like like QB promised.

EDIT: I love the fact that when Madoka discovered the truth about the soul gem and was about to become a witch, she asked Homura to go back and save her. That little detail change everything for me, and for Homura too, since that's when her attitude began to change.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2011-03-10 at 12:30.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 12:29   Link #31
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
This episode answered a lot of things, and it does confirm a lot of things we have expected.
Homura's behavior is arguably as expected: jaded but pretty much restraining herself in order to accomplish her objective. And this situation didn't turn like this without circumstances.
Although her predicament wasn't as tedious as Rika, she really got an atrocious advent here and there, and the means she got was perfectly explained in my books.

The pacing and execution of this episode were excellent, and they conveyed quite well Homura's torture across the several loops.

Now the problem is still as follow: what are the real "victory conditions" now? QB being there or not isn't the problem, but obviously the MG/Witch system, and considering how things are in this loop, finding a loophole in that clockwork frame doesn't really seem easy.

The answer is having all the characters surviving. Madoka turning witch is because she ran outta mana, if everyone was here to fight then no trouble.

Of course, it seems like there are quite a few things standing in the way.
Madoka and Homura is definitely confirmed as last battle participants in all timelines.
Mami can be in last battle but dies if only three people are there.
Sayaka is confirmed witch in all timeline so she's done for.
Kyouko is in gray area as she seems to be recruited in the middle stage.

From the evidence above I can say that in order to beat the system. The follow things need to happen.
1.Sayaka CAN'T turn MS
2.Kyouko needs to be recruited
3.No one can find out about MS->Witch
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 12:33   Link #32
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
From the evidence above I can say that in order to beat the system.
You mean to beat Walpurgis with everone relatively safe, not the system.

EDIT: and actually, just because they survived Walpurgis doesn't mean they're not going to become witches eventually.
Old 2011-03-10, 12:33   Link #33
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
The answer is having all the characters surviving. Madoka turning witch is because she ran outta mana, if everyone was here to fight then no trouble.

Of course, it seems like there are quite a few things standing in the way.
Madoka and Homura is definitely confirmed as last battle participants in all timelines.
Mami can be in last battle but dies if only three people are there.
Sayaka is confirmed witch in all timeline so she's done for.
Kyouko is in gray area as she seems to be recruited in the middle stage.

From the evidence above I can say that in order to beat the system. The follow things need to happen.
1.Sayaka CAN'T turn MS
2.Kyouko needs to be recruited
3.No one can find out about MS->Witch
4. She steals a nuke

Fuck I need to go sleep, work starts in 7hrs.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 12:36   Link #34
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

What was more upsetting to me was the part about leaving it up to Humanity to clean-up for the Witch Madoka. Ultimately, it will be calling for the mobilization of the SDF to slay the beast, while Kyuubee goes off Scot free. It makes me wonder if the race of Incubator can indeed recover emotional energy from other human being as well, for the scale of despair that such witches will bring would be spectacular...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 12:41   Link #35
raruku

AWESOME EPISODE !!

although I kind of dislike innocent, meganekko-homura

the cool, emotionless homura is the best !
raruku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 12:41   Link #36
Shadow5YA

So am I right in saying that there is a loophole for Homura? Since she wished to go back in time, Kyubey has not granted Homura a wish in the current timeline yet, so she's free to wish to go back in time again as many times as she needs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

I see a good end and a best end.

The good end would be all the Puella Magi making it to Walpurgis Night. They all work together to win, and because they do, no one exhausts their power. They will be Puella Magi for the rest of their lives, but at least they are still sane for now.

The best end would be finding a way to get rid of Kyubey and the Puella Magi/Witch system. However, that would require eliminating Kyubey for good and the ability to fight without a contract, to which I honestly don't see any hints.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 12:41   Link #37
Kazu-kun

Quoting someone from /a/

Quote:
Originally Posted by a
Homura outlived her friends four times, and even had to mercy kill Madoka in one of them.

If she wasn't repressing her emotions, she'd break down from the sheer weight of what she had done.
Old 2011-03-10, 12:44   Link #38
CainSonozaki

just wondering where people are watching this, the places i go dont usually have episodes til late at night (almost noon here)
Right now the time where magic advents.
I am Beatrice-sama! Ahaha"
CainSonozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 12:45   Link #39
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Since QB seemed to remark at how quickly Madoka dispatched a witch like Walpurgis, Madoka witch may have been proportionally stronger to the point where it is beyond what conventional weapons might be able to deal with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
So am I right in saying that there is a loophole for Homura? Since she wished to go back in time, Kyubey has not granted Homura a wish in the current timeline yet, so she's free to wish to go back in time again as many times as she needs?
I don't have her exact wording, but I think because her wish has to do with saving Madoka, it keeps sending her back until Madoka's state satisfies her wish.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 12:47   Link #40
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I think (though I not sure) she asked to be able to protect Madoka or something. Madoka was already dead, so QB send her back on time, and she would go back on time every time she fails to protect Madoka
Quote:
The good end would be all the Puella Magi making it to Walpurgis Night. They all work together to win, and because they do, no one exhausts their power. They will be Puella Magi for the rest of their lives, but at least they are still sane for now.
If they are MGs, QB would have the girls become witches some way or another. Only those who are still normal girls can achieve "happy end". That much is clear now.

Tags
madoka magica, time travel