AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-14, 13:24   Link #61
Sumeragi
Banned

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is bad Even if there is a future series, I want my Hibiki and Maya now
Old 2011-10-14, 16:33   Link #62
Chandalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That's lame. I was hoping for Hibiki and Maya routes.
This pretty much ;_;
Old 2011-10-14, 17:45   Link #63
relentlessflame

*Administrator

The other option is that those two routes could be presented in single episodes on a 7th Blu-Ray volume (sort of like the two routes that were presented on the 13th volume of the first show). Who knows if that's what they're going to do, though. It seems clear that this "Amagami SS+" season will be focused on expanding the content for the six main heroines, though.
Old 2011-10-14, 23:10   Link #64
GundamZZ
残念美人

Just in case someone's curious. At least, the rumors before the announcement are thrown out of windows. AIC is still the producer, not JC. The season is not four episodes. In the first season, they could make eight episode for each heroine. So, the story can be more complete. Some viewers might find this method too long.

Spoiler for very very long quote:

Spoiler for attempted translation and very long:
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2011-11-27 at 01:32.
Old 2011-10-15, 09:45   Link #65
Azuma Denton
~AD~

So basically, Amagami SS+ will only get one season (12-13 episodes) ??

Ewww, that's too bad...
Old 2011-10-19, 00:27   Link #66
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
AAAHHH!!! i want to see chibi haruka's!!! LOL
Old 2011-10-30, 14:25   Link #67
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Greatest. News. Ever. Bring on more Haruka, Tsukasa, Kaoru, and Ai!!

Since 2 eps per isn't a lot here's hoping they just do some "feel good" eps for all the couples after they start dating. I hope the drama is minimal/non-existent.
Old 2011-10-30, 21:42   Link #68
Halberd
ARX-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Hope Rihoko doesn't get shafted this time.
Man, I really felt bad for her. I mean, even the girl who screwed all of Junichi's relationships had a happy ending, so why didn't she?

Somewhat related, does anyone know Rihoko's ending/s in the original game?

Last edited by Halberd; 2011-10-30 at 21:45. Reason: Apparently one 'really' wasn't enough for how I felt about it.
Old 2011-10-30, 22:39   Link #69
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halberd View Post
Man, I really felt bad for her. I mean, even the girl who screwed all of Junichi's relationships had a happy ending, so why didn't she?
Well, the thing they're trying to portray here is that when you've known someone in a certain capacity forever, suddenly changing that into love isn't a flip of a switch. The sort of love Junichi has for Rihoko isn't the sort where he wakes up one day and say "wow, you're drop-dead gorgeous and I'm totally into you; let's hook up!" It's the sort where just being with each other puts you at ease, and before you know it you find you're always together. Some people consider that alone to be really romantic, even if it isn't anything like the romance portrayed in the other arcs. It's a different kind of romance for a different kind of couple, which is pretty much the theme of the show. It was never intended to be seen as a "bad ending" at all. In the next season, I expect they'll only have taken one small step closer, but still be travelling at their own pace.
Old 2011-10-31, 05:56   Link #70
Halberd
ARX-6

Yeah, but what bothers me is that it's the only different kind of romance out of all the girls. Well, it wasn't a bad ending but certainly wasn't as good as the other girls', even though her story arc lasted longer than the others.
Old 2011-10-31, 13:40   Link #71
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halberd View Post
Yeah, but what bothers me is that it's the only different kind of romance out of all the girls.
Well... each romance was quite distinct/different, I think. I guess you could say it's the only one that didn't contain a kiss scene, but this is because she's the only girl in that particular relationship with Junichi coming into the show (I guess you could say Kaoru is close, but she's got way more drive/spunk, so she'd push the relationship forward by sheer force of will). I think that what was shown made sense for them as a couple... but I know that the rather glacial pace (and the fact that it's cut off by the anime's episode count) might frustrate some people.
Old 2011-11-11, 15:53   Link #72
attobyte

I'm not sure about watching this new season.
Assuming it will pick up from the point when Jun Ichi and the heroine become a couple, my guess is that we'll see:
- Haruka and Jun Ichi "handling" how they'll be since she's graduating and he has to go through the 3rd year;
- Kaoru and Jun Ichi getting along with her mom and (new) step father;
- Sae overcoming her shy in order to present Jun Ichi to her mom and DAD (Miya keeping her support);
- Ai working hard to improve at the swimming club and to take over the legacy Hibiki entrusted her and how Jun Ichi supports her;
- Rihoko and Jun Ichi doing their best to keep the tea club alive as the image of a cute married couple and;
- Tsukasa and Jun Ichi as they continue to accept and support each other in order to fulfill their wishes in earnest.

Even though I see nothing wrong with that, on the 1st Amagami SS there were some implications about each side kick (Hibiki, Keiko, Takahashi Sensei, the misterious braided librarian from ep 14, Ayatsuji's sister, ...) would eventually be under the spotlight. That was made even more clear in Ep26 Miya Special.
That made me really interested in the side kicks or at least some kind of twist for example the side kick takes over Jun Ichi from the heroine or Jun Ichi falls in love with the side kick instead.

Oh well, since at the end of the promo video is written "this new season will be more sweet than the 1st" (free translation) all I can do is stuff my hope and go with the flow. Perhaps a 3rd season (or a new game) shows up to fulfill my wishes.
Old 2011-11-16, 07:41   Link #73
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

More Miya please!
Old 2011-11-16, 19:59   Link #74
karuroso

My bet is the second season will be the drama cds adapted, since all of them are after the good ending and it's possible to fit into two eps easily...plus I think it cost less to make a adaptation is than creating something new
Old 2011-11-16, 22:02   Link #75
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
plus I think it cost less to make a adaptation is than creating something new
I don't think there's really a lower cost, as you still have to do the same work with screenplays and storyboarding. From a writing perspective, as long as the writer is well-versed in the characters and setting, it's probably sometimes easier to write new material rather than try to find ways to adapt existing material to the anime format in a way that'll make everyone happy. But anyway, whether they use the Drama CDs as a reference or not, it will be "after story" content in either case.
Old 2011-11-17, 23:25   Link #76
GundamZZ
残念美人

Twitter Information

OP theme is "Check my soul"
ED them is "Kokuhaku" (Confession)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVqn-...e_gdata_player

January Broadcast sequence:
Tsukasa->Rihoko->Ai->Kaoru->Sae->Haruka
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2011-11-19, 02:28   Link #77
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

I hope the second season gets extended into 24 episodes...
Old 2011-11-19, 02:44   Link #78
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
Those sort of "extensions" can't really happen because the timeblock was arranged in advance and everything is already planned out (they've been working on the show for months already). But, if this season is as successful as the first, it's always possible that they could approve another season or more OVAs down the road.
Old 2011-11-23, 22:14   Link #79
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
Yeah, I wish the second series ran as long as the first one. I really like the idea of an after story for all the heroines, but those stories could be so much better with four episodes each rather than two. I'm sure I'll still enjoy it, but it does seem like they're neutering this season by making it a one cour. Won't be surprised if I finish the series thinking that there was a lot of wasted potential here.
Old 2011-11-24, 10:45   Link #80
Shadow5YA

If this is just an after story, I really can't imagine four episodes worth of content for each girl except for maybe Rihoko. It might come off more as a slice of life this time around.
Closed Thread