AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-19, 18:09   Link #2181
King-Slayer

Annnnd the chapter is out. Not much happened but i really want to know what happened to the blondie. If she dies then this chapter kinda makes it sadder because we get to know her dreams and see that she's really close to Teru and Saki.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 19:30   Link #2182
The Green One

Still no confirmation on blondie's relation to the Miyanagas. The "Teru-oneechan" line is inconclusive and only seems to confirm the fairly obvious fact that blondie is younger then Teru, probably about Saki's age.

It seems that the girl's legs don't really work hence the wheelchair so I guess Saki really isn't responsible for that.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 20:26   Link #2183
Grand Phoenix
The Master of Turkeys

After reading this chapter, I have a sinking feeling that's the same wheelchair we saw in the Ch.102 flashbacks and that the girl had the misfortune to fall in the water, hence her being hospitalized.

Also, SO MANY FEELS. I have to wonder how Teru feels about this, what could be going through her mind.
Grand Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 20:30   Link #2184
Plushie
Pudding Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
Also, SO MANY FEELS. I have to wonder how Teru feels about this, what could be going through her mind.
All I can imagine her thinking is,"I hate Saki, I HATE Saki."
Plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 20:36   Link #2185
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
After reading this chapter, I have a sinking feeling that's the same wheelchair we saw in the Ch.102 flashbacks and that the girl had the misfortune to fall in the water, hence her being hospitalized.

This is undoubtedly being saved for the vanguard match in the finals for maximum impact.
Old 2012-10-19, 20:54   Link #2186
Grand Phoenix
The Master of Turkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plushie
All I can imagine her thinking is,"I hate Saki, I HATE Saki."
Now that you mention it, we don't really know what her mindset's like (besides the obvious 'I-have-no-sister spiel). We can pretty much see she keeps very much to herself and doesn't show much emotion outside of detachment (when playing mahjong), shock (after the Vanguard match when Toki collapsed; this shows more in the Achiga manga), and some concern (for Toki post-match).

To put it short, there's got to be more than that in her mind unless she's really only concerned about bringing Shiraitodai out on top in the Nationals.
Grand Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 21:03   Link #2187
The Green One

She's not completely aloof, she bonds with her team in a way and looks out for the teams interests, she was the one who raised the correct possibility of Sumire having a tell and helping the others to try to find it.

She's quiet and very serious, but she doesn't seem to be a bad person.

But I suppose we REALLY need to see more of what happened and specifically the fallout to confirm why Teru has such a personal problem with Saki.
Old 2012-10-19, 23:54   Link #2188
teja208
Critical fanboy

With how this chapter ends, I hope the author isn't going lazy and just copy paste part of Achiga ch. 1 for next issue by making excuses "It's for those who haven't to read/watch Achiga-hen yet."
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 07:19   Link #2189
JW1

It seems that mystery girl had some sort of degenerative condition to judge from her comment about "I probably won't be able to do that again". Clearly she could still move her legs.

Perhaps Saki decided to help her swim 'one more time' and it all went horribly wrong...
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 10:44   Link #2190
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
Perhaps Saki decided to help her swim 'one more time' and it all went horribly wrong...

In case you forgot, Saki doesn't know how to swim... now, Saki deciding to help her swim is already horribly wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
With how this chapter ends, I hope the author isn't going lazy and just copy paste part of Achiga ch. 1 for next issue by making excuses "It's for those who haven't to read/watch Achiga-hen yet."
The author already has an excuse if this happens... IT"S ALL THE GOVERNMENT'S FAULT so blame it all to them...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 11:44   Link #2191
JW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
In case you forgot, Saki doesn't know how to swim... now, Saki deciding to help her swim is already horribly wrong...
'Help' doesn't have to involve Saki doing any swimming.
Old 2012-10-20, 16:09   Link #2192
Plushie
Pudding Chomper

Quote:
'Help' doesn't have to involve Saki doing any swimming.
I was gonna say that maybe the mystery girl went out to see the fishes but I have no idea where the burning building and sinking wheelchair come in
Old 2012-10-21, 04:01   Link #2193
JW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
I was gonna say that maybe the mystery girl went out to see the fishes but I have no idea where the burning building and sinking wheelchair come in
Well, there's the possibility that mystery girl simply has to go into hospital because of her condition (whatever that might be), Saki goes to visit and, being the clumsy individual she is, manages to burn the place down.
Old 2012-10-21, 11:28   Link #2194
Plushie
Pudding Chomper

Quote:
Well, there's the possibility that mystery girl simply has to go into hospital because of her condition (whatever that might be), Saki goes to visit and, being the clumsy individual she is, manages to burn the place down.
This actually sounds like a possibility, maybe Saki spilled something on one of the hospital equipment causing it to catch on fire
Old 2012-10-25, 12:20   Link #2195
King-Slayer

i just noticed that both Achiga and Saki come out on the same day. Has that happened before?
Old 2012-10-25, 13:48   Link #2196
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
i just noticed that both Achiga and Saki come out on the same day. Has that happened before?
It also happens in-story timeline wise as both sides seems to be going neck-to-neck for the time being. Ryuuka most like will show up in the next Achiga chapter. Toki's condition must be very hard on her. I'm worried whether she can play her match properly.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 14:46   Link #2197
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
hmm, i've never seen converging manga (basically saki and achiga will become one in the finals D
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 22:16   Link #2198
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
hmm, i've never seen converging manga (basically saki and achiga will become one in the finals D
Neither have i. Saki is pretty unique in area's.
Old 2012-10-28, 10:01   Link #2199
MarkS00N

Guys...
Look what we've got...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-gets-tv-anime
MarkS00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 10:08   Link #2200
Serperior

Here's the PV! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G60KY1kaPs

Here are some screenshots:
Spoiler:

Also, Saki: Zenkoku-hen is announced too. They're going to animate Miyamori, Himematsu and Eisui! But for now, the 13th episode of Achiga airs on ATX at December 16 if I'm not mistaken.
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri