AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-04-12, 09:52   Link #41
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
Naruto looked kinda fat when Sakura knocked on his door O.o
Oh come on give the guy a break! He's been out injured for two chapters even worst he's not even the most popular person inside and outside the manga poor guy...Anyways how long does everyone think Juugo will last? 1 or 2 pages? maybe even 3 obviously Sasuke is going to have to give him some of that "KA-PWN" Sasuke activates his Sharingan and wins instantly, just like the bible says.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 09:55   Link #42
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Hmm. I think I like the setup Kishi has done so far. It's not like naruto's not gonna keep trying to get sasuke back, and this takes the random time limit off his back. Heck he might even get a better reason to train harder.

Naruto already has the best non blood limit jutsu in the series, but that still doesn't help him much cuz he's still mad vulverable when using it. I wonder how he can be portrayed any stronger. In comparison Sasuke's much better all round cept maybe in the surprise departement. Still that's not enough when going against sharingan. Naruto's gonna need something big. . .and I hope its' not the cheezy "I can see your heart" bull.

Oh yea. And all the characters' sasuke has assembled pwn naruto's new teams. Yammato and Sai were corny. Suigetsu and Juugo are much edgyer and look cooler and are more interesting. Pluss I never liked sakura after she saw what naruto did to zabuza and still craped on him. She's too big of an ass, so I'm putting my eggs in the Hinata(who I always liked) and Karin(who's sexyest so far) basket.
Old 2007-04-12, 10:08   Link #43
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
Hmm. I think I like the setup Kishi has done so far. It's not like naruto's not gonna keep trying to get sasuke back, and this takes the random time limit off his back. Heck he might even get a better reason to train harder.
-Forget that training. So far it has done nothing to help Naruto get an upper-hand against Sasuke. Granted he has the power to actually kill him but the problem lies in the fact that because of the annoying Sharingan he is never going to be able to land a direct hit. I say forget training and take the easier method, which is the Kyuubi's Tailed-Modes. If he manages to control at least 6 tails then all will go well for him. In fact forget 6 and go all the way to 9, take on Kyuubi's form and crush your opponents by stepping on them and your problems are solved.
Old 2007-04-12, 10:22   Link #44
Shathan

i was wondering when the sound five said 'that you lose your will to him' from using the curse seal they must have been refering to Juugo not orichimaru, no?

Last edited by Shathan; 2007-04-12 at 10:35.
Shathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 10:32   Link #45
Shathan

Quote:
Sasuke would have to win Juugo over - or get Karin to offer a cure - if he wants Juugo on Team Sasuke. Hopefully after Juugo joins them the arc ends and picks up on Naruto's progress.
i think the cure sasuke is going to offer him is defeat, when he(juugo) supposedly loses control of himself he starts killing and going berserk but if somebody can whoop his ass even in cs level 2 wouldn't that be just like a cure. you know every time he starts acting up he gets his ass handed to him( i don't know i'm kinda drunk so if it dont make sense keep it 2 urself)
Shathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 10:39   Link #46
Kurono
Jounin

Send a message via ICQ to Kurono
Spoiler:
Kurono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 10:45   Link #47
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurono View Post
Spoiler:
Kishimoto doesn't like Naruto that much to give him such a useful Jutsu. And are people really excited in seeing Naruto train some more?
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 10:50   Link #48
Kurono
Jounin

Send a message via ICQ to Kurono
Well my suggestion is a possible solution to solve his self-damaging problem of his new jutsu. Cuz they have to solve it somehow because else they just wasted alot of useless time in the manga for training for something that is useless... Unless he's gonna go suicide and fight only one more battle...
Kurono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 10:52   Link #49
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
Kishimoto doesn't like Naruto that much to give him such a useful Jutsu. And are people really excited in seeing Naruto train some more?
-Of course they are. People always wanted Naruto to be capable of a mass amount of crazy abilities. Problem is that what they want him to do always changes. At first they wanted more Kyuubi Transformations. They got that and then exclaimed "Ok this is BS. We want something more!". Thereafter Naruto was forbidden from relying on it beyond his sanity and he entered into his training arc. But now that has been limited as well and now he has to play "Catch-up" with Sasuke. In all honesty I wanted him to remain the way he was at the start of Part 2, a rampaging monster with power to blast Orochimaru to the next millenium but Kishimoto destroyed that the moment Yamato was created.
Old 2007-04-12, 11:03   Link #50
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Well, Naruto as a rampaging beast sounds like an attractive image, but rather ruins the whole point of the universe and the desires of Naruto himself.

He wants to be a ninja.

I'm sure he'll be his own version of the ninja, but permanent control over his techniques is essential. Growing a tail is a power-up move, but it has been explained the 4th's seal is weakening.

Yamato is there to control the Kyuubi, not destroy Naruto's abilities.

I mean, it's fun seeing Naruto pwn everyone on the battlefield, but when there's collateral damage to his own allies, then it's suddenly not funny at all anymore ^^
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 11:43   Link #51
Rurouni Zeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
And in my opinion, that undermines Jiraya's training. NARUTO is supposed to be controlling the Kyuubi and using it as an asset or at least learning how. And shutting off his greatest power source does kind of destroy his general abilities a bit. I'll leave it at that b/c this is OT, but my opinion of all of this is in the "Your opinion of Naruto so far" thread.

Quote:
I mean, it's fun seeing Naruto pwn everyone on the battlefield, but when there's collateral damage to his own allies, then it's suddenly not funny at all anymore ^^
If Sakura's the ally that gets collaterally damaged, then it's still funny to me
Rurouni Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 11:45   Link #52
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
I totally agree with you 100%.....He has a lot of potienal to show still, i just hope people they put him down just yet.
-Glad you agree. The potential is there, I know it, you know it. It's just a matter of time before it is brought to fruition. Unfortunately, that might take a while. Still like they say, "Better late than never".

Quote:
Well, Naruto as a rampaging beast sounds like an attractive image, but rather ruins the whole point of the universe and the desires of Naruto himself.

He wants to be a ninja.

I'm sure he'll be his own version of the ninja, but permanent control over his techniques is essential. Growing a tail is a power-up move, but it has been explained the 4th's seal is weakening.

-Oh, I am quite aware of the dangers that such states present. Believe me I was as surprised as anyone else when Naruto sprouted the 4th tail and then witnessed the damage he could unload with it. It's not like I want him to always use it, in any given fight (imagine the sight on Konohamaru's face if this power became like 2nd nature to Naruto), but I want it used for fights where it would be most beneficial (Akatsuki being an example here). Sadly like you said, it's not the "Hero" Naruto's way. You know he can do it but he just doesn't want to which could be viewed as a sort of "teaser" point. And although Yamato isn't there to destroy Naruto's abilities you've got to admit it does limit his options in battle.

Quote:
-It's only fun until someone loses an eye, a liver, a spine and motor functions in the brain, huh? Too bad Sakura got in the way on that incident otherwise I might have been enjoying more Kyuubi madness right now. Oh well, I'll go with the flow of this...
Old 2007-04-12, 11:54   Link #53
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Forget that training. So far it has done nothing to help Naruto get an upper-hand against Sasuke. Granted he has the power to actually kill him but the problem lies in the fact that because of the annoying Sharingan he is never going to be able to land a direct hit. I say forget training and take the easier method, which is the Kyuubi's Tailed-Modes. If he manages to control at least 6 tails then all will go well for him. In fact forget 6 and go all the way to 9, take on Kyuubi's form and crush your opponents by stepping on them and your problems are solved.
Does he even have to gave a direct hit with his new jutsu? I don't think you need a direct hit just get close to him...but then I don't see Naruto wanting to kill Sasuke either...If anything the biggest weakness in Sharingan is that it only dodges things pretty much in their line of sight.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 11:55   Link #54
Rurouni Zeke

Finally got to read the chapter. I really enjoyed this one. The part where Karin sent Suigetsu the wrong way and he just kept on talking was pretty humorous, and the cliffhanger was good too. 2 thumbs up for this one
Rurouni Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 12:02   Link #55
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
Does he even have to gave a direct hit with his new jutsu? I don't think you need a direct hit just get close to him...but then I don't see Naruto wanting to kill Sasuke either...If anything the biggest weakness in Sharingan is that it only dodges things pretty much in their line of sight.
-Supposedly Naruto doesn't need to hit them directly to land a few hits. However the real damage of Naruto's Fuuton: Rasenshuriken lies in that 1 direct hit. He could slam it to the ground and use it's area of effect capability but that wouldn't be very effective. And if you recall, that jutsu damages opponents who are trapped in that spiral dome more than those who are on the outside the dome. And true, Naruto doesn't want to kill Sasuke but if Sasuke wants to kill him then Naruto should hold nothing back.

-But if the Sharingan has you in it's sights then chances are it already saw through your game plan and that's a big disadvantage.

-On a side note, Karin tried those "Puppy Love" eyes again, this time without taking her glasses off. Good ol' Sasuke still couldn't care less.
Old 2007-04-12, 12:26   Link #56
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Supposedly Naruto doesn't need to hit them directly to land a few hits. However the real damage of Naruto's Fuuton: Rasenshuriken lies in that 1 direct hit. He could slam it to the ground and use it's area of effect capability but that wouldn't be very effective. And if you recall, that jutsu damages opponents who are trapped in that spiral dome more than those who are on the outside the dome. And true, Naruto doesn't want to kill Sasuke but if Sasuke wants to kill him then Naruto should hold nothing back.

-But if the Sharingan has you in it's sights then chances are it already saw through your game plan and that's a big disadvantage.

-On a side note, Karin tried those "Puppy Love" eyes again, this time without taking her glasses off. Good ol' Sasuke still couldn't care less.
Then again we don't even know if Sasuke's sharingan can dodge the attack. We know that Kakashi's sharingan couldn't see the attacks movements. doesn't it damage tenketsu points also? So any damage done by this attack can be serious. You wouldn't want to get hit by any part of it imo.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 12:47   Link #57
Deathwing
what do i know

Quote:
Oh yeah don't forget Jiraiya is back i guess we'll see some more Naruto training arc!
Naruto is getting more Jiraiya traning? That helped naruto so much the first time around
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 12:57   Link #58
Kittycountess

Whoever said Sasuke is a "Sue" is right (forgot who is was, it was a couple of posts back.) Kishi has turned him into a Samurai type reminiscent of Kambei from 7 Samurai. That's a lot of weight for a manga character and the coolest you could make them IMO. I absolutely agree that he's his self insertion character.

I'm a Sasuke fan but his flip flop transformations from good to evil to good are beginning to frustrate me. Just as I was wondering how Naruto was going to handle a best friend whom he cared so much about and was turned into a total jerk, BAM, the jerk is gone, and with it the dilemma. I can see Naruto being friends with this Sasuke once again. I hope Kishi didn't do it because it was the most convenient way to solve the problem.

And boy is Karin flat-chested. Kishi is giving all the fanservice to the fangirls this time around
Kittycountess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 13:06   Link #59
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
Then again we don't even know if Sasuke's sharingan can dodge the attack. We know that Kakashi's sharingan couldn't see the attacks movements. doesn't it damage tenketsu points also? So any damage done by this attack can be serious. You wouldn't want to get hit by any part of it imo.
The sharingan by itself can't dodge attacks. It is an eye. However, it analyses and predicts the flow of incoming attacks and give that information to the user's brain on what to do to dodge it. If the person isn't fast enough to react to this data, he would still get hit.

As for Kakashi not seeing things, I will not use this as the by all. Pre-timeskip he couldn't see Itachi's movements either. As for Sasuke, there was never a time he was in a situation where he can't see something with his Sharingan. Even when he was getting beat up by 1 tailed Naruto and Rock Lee, his Sharingan was seeing and predicting every attack... just that in the time frame he was getting the information he simply couldn't react in time to make use of it. I just think this is yet another limit Kakashi has of not being an Uchiha. Overall he just can't use any aspect of the Sharingan as good as other people that were shown in the series... and this includes the MS as well.
Old 2007-04-12, 13:11   Link #60
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
I'm a Sasuke fan but his flip flop transformations from good to evil to good are beginning to frustrate me.
Sasuke was never evil. You are getting confused with his style that is used by many anti-heros personas.