AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 26 22.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 44.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 20.34%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 8.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.69%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-20, 15:51   Link #41
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
All of these references are from Kadokawa Shoten media or Public Domain, which leads me to believe that they are trying to minimize expenses on copyright royalties. As a result however the pool of actual straight up references is quite limited as I don't think things extend to shows that were adapted to manga (Eureka Seven, Code Geass, Brain Powered etc). They might be able to do a Crossbone Gundam reference though without having to censor, but I don't know.

Also Konata's dad didn't say anything because men aren't allowed to talk anymore in these kinds of shows (Why do you think Akira gets annoyed everytime what's his face says something). He should be grateful that he was allowed to even appear in the episode and should remember his place.
It's because we women have the power to get mad when "those" men try and interrupt us. Lucky Channel is Akira's show and she should get all the airtime for that portion. I'm glad she gets mad at him because he doesn't seem to know his place. Without us women, there wouldn't be any people. Men can talk in animes like Naruto but Lucky Star, they should know their place and let the women speak.
Old 2007-05-20, 16:11   Link #42
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

All I ask is that they follow the source material. Kona's dad and Kona's family situation is represented by some pretty funny strips in the manga -- it would be a shame if they neglected all that.

The Lucky*Channel joke was very funny for 4 episodes.... but the joke is being shredded at this point. Frankly, I'd rather see more Lucky*Star content instead but that doesn't seem to be part of the plan. (disappointment)
Old 2007-05-20, 16:13   Link #43
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The Lucky*Channel joke was very funny for 4 episodes.... but the joke is being shredded at this point. Frankly, I'd rather see more Lucky*Star content instead but that doesn't seem to be part of the plan. (disappointment)
I'm the same --- i'm not all that happy when Lucky Star ends, and we're given around 5 minutes or so of Lucky Channel. At least this week it only lasted around 2 minutes.
Old 2007-05-20, 16:57   Link #44
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
LOL at konata ringtone while i got Bouken Desho desho ringtone
Old 2007-05-20, 16:58   Link #45
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Spoiler for Episode 7:

As for Lucky Channel, I agree it's getting old... but this episode's was the first one in a while that I liked... at least for a few seconds. *swt!* Minoru's getting the hang of it. I guess Akira-sama's figured out that the focus is shifting to him. Poor guy. Love his twin ponytails.

(It was nice that it was so short this time, too.)

Last edited by Risaa; 2007-05-20 at 17:18.
Old 2007-05-20, 17:03   Link #46
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I think the new director likes Tsukasa. Like A LOT.
Old 2007-05-20, 17:04   Link #47
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
OMG, this episode made a spot on yet another similarity between Kona-chan and me: When I really need it, I always forget my cellphone by my PC, and when I get back home, I find lots of missed calls in the log.

The Kona-ojousama showed us again the amazing talent of Hirano Aya, this time, by putting her Kona voice and her 'other', more known, voice together in a short segment. And I still can't find Aya's voice whenever Kona-chan speaks.

Haha, Lucky Channel seems to be grabbing more and more detractors. No worries, more fun for those of us who love it. And this week's episode is brilliant.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-05-20, 19:10   Link #48
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Really amazing how Lucky*Star continues to hold its pace; each and every episode has at least one really funny moment. Even Lucky*Channel was funny today!
Spoiler:

However,
Spoiler for Ending:

Last edited by dahl_moon; 2007-05-20 at 19:21. Reason: Kagamin...T_T
Old 2007-05-20, 20:12   Link #49
Meophist

Wonder if the ringtone was a reference to Kanon…
Old 2007-05-20, 20:49   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
It probably is, 'cause i don't see any other reason as to why they'd have Canon in D as Tsukasa ringtone.
Old 2007-05-20, 22:00   Link #51
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Dude, everythings a reference to Kanon and Haruhi. I'm actually not sure if I'm joking anymore as that seem's to be the vast majority of references. We had Getter Robo in episode 2 and then Initial D and that was it for the outside references not including Kadokawa stuff. Like I said I think they are being really really tight on the copyrighted material budget and going with the stuff they have easy access too. I'm worried it will grow as tired as Lucky Channel though seeing the same few series referenced over and over again, like only Kyoto Animation and Kadokawa media fully exist in the Lucky Star world.

Spoiler:

Is this Moe?

Oh and about the new directors apparent love for Tsukasa, maybe that explains the 30 second shot of her posterior in episode 6 (Still comes in second to Shuffle! for my Most Comedically Awkard Fanservice Moment In Anime Award).
Old 2007-05-20, 22:05   Link #52
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
D
Spoiler:

Is this Moe?
No. In fact, I'm quite horrified.
Old 2007-05-20, 22:11   Link #53
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
However,
Spoiler for Ending:
Wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened with that (See episode 3). I would have to see it to form an opinion as to whether and/or why that is the case though.
Old 2007-05-20, 22:16   Link #54
aorta

Quote:
Dude, everythings a reference to Kanon and Haruhi. I'm actually not sure if I'm joking anymore as that seem's to be the vast majority of references. We had Getter Robo in episode 2 and then Initial D and that was it for the outside references not including Kadokawa stuff. Like I said I think they are being really really tight on the copyrighted material budget and going with the stuff they have easy access too. I'm worried it will grow as tired as Lucky Channel though seeing the same few series referenced over and over again, like only Kyoto Animation and Kadokawa media fully exist in the Lucky Star world.
Blade of the Immortal? Marimite?

Also Kaibutsu-kun 2
Old 2007-05-20, 22:19   Link #55
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Quote:

Spoiler:
I really hope not. My ex-boyfriend likes these kinds of fetishes (plump people and lolicon). I like my women with at least somewhat normal body proportions (I'm not necessarily slender either...) and moe > lolicon.

Episode 7's addition of "Kuchibiru Daydream" made me decide that I have to check out Strawberry Panic. It seems like an interesting plot, and I certainly don't mind lesbianism at all.

Last edited by Konata-chan; 2007-05-21 at 00:33.
Old 2007-05-20, 23:01   Link #56
Skane
Anime Snark

Thumbs up

They referenced Strawberry Panic? That's a win in my books. It was one of the few series where I wrote extensively and speculated for each episode (heck, Tamao is even in my signature).

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-20, 23:41   Link #57
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...lucky-star-07/

Is it just me or does Jaalin's Thoughts post perfectly summarize what I've been trying to describe all along, but in my case came across as senseless bashing.
Old 2007-05-21, 00:14   Link #58
Meophist

Quote:
Dude, everythings a reference to Kanon and Haruhi. I'm actually not sure if I'm joking anymore as that seem's to be the vast majority of references.
It was a joke, though I kinda expected you to post this…
Old 2007-05-21, 03:31   Link #59
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...lucky-star-07/

Is it just me or does Jaalin's Thoughts post perfectly summarize what I've been trying to describe all along, but in my case came across as senseless bashing.
That's because the way you word your point and shove it down everyone's throat makes it sound like KyoAni is the evil, heartless, and calculating mastermind of an evil take-over-the-world-with-moé conspiracy triggered by the Jews Templars Freemasons while we, those who appreciate KyoAni's works for what they are (entertainment), are just blind, mindless and brainless zombies who have to be enlightened. See what I am trying to mean? See why it irritate a part of the board population so much and make them feel insulted?

Yes, I LOVE fanservice, I LOVE references (even tho I hate gratuitous religious references), I admit to nearly come when I tried to check the musical references in Bastard! manga and Guilty Gear games, and I admit to have StoPani fanboy fits when I heard its second OP in this Lucky Star episode 7; and I too have my own bias regarding how things I enjoy (war drama, survival, dystopic sci-fi) must be done.
Do it make me a mindless KyoAni zombie? Hell no, I can move on and go to watch the old 1980s Hitcher or Das Boot right after an anime session.
Old 2007-05-21, 10:30   Link #60
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Is that another MariMite reference? Shiraishi as Yumi and (with drills) as Touko?
Closed Thread