AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-02-24, 12:00   Link #20061
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exia_00 View Post
Hmmm I hope they somehow did something better with the stability of 00R over 00Q, i doubt it but hey doesnt hurt to hope...

Katoki Epyon, had no idea He redesigned that one, i was hoping to finally see the tv version of the Wing Zero, or unless there is a katoki of that but isnt that the same as wing design he made?
From my impression, Katoki already had his own redesign of the Epyon made years ago, as shown by a CGI of the Epyon bird mode from his Gundam FIX artbook. It's only now that we see his design in MS mode.

And the Wing Zero Custom is already Katoki's rendition of the Wing Zero in every sense.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 12:06   Link #20062
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
From my impression, Katoki already had his own redesign of the Epyon made years ago, as shown by a CGI of the Epyon bird mode from his Gundam FIX artbook. It's only now that we see his design in MS mode.

And the Wing Zero Custom is already Katoki's rendition of the Wing Zero in every sense.
I guess then i only saw that tiny artwork of the 5 gundams in the designs he made on the box of the wing fix figuration couple yrs back, its the same as an image posted recently
Old 2011-02-25, 09:05   Link #20063
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Better quality scans of the MG Epyon:

Spoiler for MG Epyon:

Also, MG Shenlong boxart:

Spoiler for MG Shenlong:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2011-02-25 at 09:22.
Old 2011-02-25, 09:22   Link #20064
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Spoiler for MG Epyon:
Old 2011-02-25, 12:11   Link #20065
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:

Spoiler for MG Shenlong:
That is ******* sweet!
Old 2011-02-25, 15:05   Link #20066
Butagami

Quote:
Better quality scans of the MG Epyon:

Spoiler for MG Epyon:

Spoiler for MG Shenlong:
I'm really curious about what the colors will be for this beast of a suit... Hopefully just like the tv version, not some weird color *coughSandrockCough*

As for the Shenlong, nice boxart (better than D-Hell) Are those Aries' he's tearing up Ver. Ka. too ??
Butagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 18:27   Link #20067
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Even if it's some new colour scheme. It shouldnt be hard to re-colour it back to it's original tv colours
Old 2011-02-25, 20:03   Link #20068
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
As for the Shenlong, nice boxart (better than D-Hell) Are those Aries' he's tearing up Ver. Ka. too ??
The Aries was a Katoki design in the first place. In fact, Katoki designed all of the non-Gundam antagonist mobile suits in the TV series, from the Leo to the Virgo to the Tallgeese. Katoki also designed the Maganac mobile suits in the series.

Only the Gundams themselves were designed by Okawara, though with the Glory of the Defeated the move to make Gundam Wing 'All Katoki' so to speak is now finished

Old 2011-02-26, 06:09   Link #20069
Butagami

Quote:
The Aries was a Katoki design in the first place. In fact, Katoki designed all of the non-Gundam antagonist mobile suits in the TV series, from the Leo to the Virgo to the Tallgeese. Katoki also designed the Maganac mobile suits in the series.

Only the Gundams themselves were designed by Okawara, though with the Glory of the Defeated the move to make Gundam Wing 'All Katoki' so to speak is now finished
Haha, didn't know that. Fail on my part. I've always wondered why they had to make it "all Katoki". I liked the original gundams more. It's also kind of sad for Okawara, that his designs are now retconned into Katoki's. I've read somewhere that the Ver. Ka. versions were actually the original designs, but technical limitations made them switch to Okawara ones...is this true?
Old 2011-02-26, 08:41   Link #20070
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

The new MG aganist the old 1/100 side by side.
Let's all be understanding towards Bandai now. Rising oil prices coupled with needing to meet the profit margin forced their hand there.

And anyone still intent on getting the MG D-Hell despite the defect mentioned ?

MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 11:06   Link #20071
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

If it forced their hand to make a better looking Shenlong, then I'm all up for it

Though for a proper comparison, you need to compare the old 1/100 with an actual MG Shenlong TV ver., the one thing I'd actually like to see made.

Old 2011-02-26, 12:17   Link #20072
kakakka

So what's wrong with the MG Shenlong again? The details?

Also about the D-Hell, I'll gladly take it if that's the only problem.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 13:20   Link #20073
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Now all we need is Sandrock, Tallgease and heavy arm MGs
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 14:00   Link #20074
Appel

as rrobbert184 pointed out in the deboxing part of his review, the deathscythe hell has a lot of identical parts with the regular deathscythe... so the only problem i see is that like the deathscythe the deathscythe hell will fall apart all the time >_> i REALLY hope they fixed that!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 17:30   Link #20075
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
So what's wrong with the MG Shenlong again? The details?
The new MG Shenlong EW is smaller than the old 1/100 Shenlong TV by about 10% there.

Now, let's try putting it aganist something much spirtually closer to it's design :-

It's still shorter and smaller by about a head there. I wager a MG Nataku will be around the size of the MG Shenlong when pitted aganist the old HG 1/100 Nataku if Bandai decide to re-use the MG Shenlong parts.

But people are welcome to proof my theory that Bandai is cutting cost by reducing the size of the kit's part wrong by putting the new MG D-Hell aganist the old HG 1/100 to compare the size.

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2011-02-27 at 02:16.
Old 2011-02-26, 17:47   Link #20076
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I imagine if the Shenlong model's legs weren't spread apart so wide there, and are instead spread as much as the Altron model's, they'd be pretty much even when it comes to height.
Old 2011-02-26, 17:55   Link #20077
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I imagine if the Shenlong model's legs weren't spread apart so wide there, and are instead spread as much as the Altron model's, they'd be pretty much even when it comes to height.
There's the smaller shoulder, the shorter and thinner arms and the skirts to take into consideration.
Old 2011-02-26, 18:07   Link #20078
Appel

actually i think the proportions seem to be just right!

the shenlong is not a tall machine :P what im interested in is how tall the finished model is. the shenlong is supposed to be 16.4 meters tall, so that would translate to a 16.4cm model.
the old altron is probably so big because back in the day bandai liked to cheat a little with the hight of the models :P back in the day it was easier to make taller models so that they arent quite in 1/100 scale^^
Old 2011-02-26, 18:37   Link #20079
kakakka

I always thought that Wing have small Gundams. So the size was not a surprise nor a bother to me. If they really downsized them, equal or smaller than F91 would be bad.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 18:42   Link #20080
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I always thought that Wing have small Gundams. So the size was not a surprise nor a bother to me. If they really downsized them, equal or smaller than F91 would be bad.
by the looks of it i dont think they downsized them. like i said before, old models were usually not really 1/100 scale but slightly bigger so that its easier to mold the parts.

and i dont think they are smaller than the f91 or the V gundam. they look taller than that

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy